Forums/Armchair-GM

OEL TRADE GOING DOWN

Created by: AgentWebster
Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 8, 2020
Published: Oct. 8, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
From what I heard ther're set on players: Bjork/Vaak as center pieces. Steen/Lauko as additional prospects and a 2nd

They want the yotes to retain at least 20% and take on Moore.

I did not sign anyone else just wanted to see what the trade looked like.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
Trades
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$69,133,981$964,222$1,357,500$12,366,019
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,250,000$7,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
UFA - 3
$1,498,925$1,498,925
LW
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$5,610,000$5,610,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 8, 2020 at 3:57 p.m.
Quoting: DSZ
plays like a 5M defensemen ehhh no OEL plays more like a 6.5M-7M dman a fringe top 2 defensemen , that offer juts isnt good no first round pick no decent prospects coming back just some magic beans that maybe one will crack an NHL roster

Then, you don't know the prospects.

OEL is playing like a second pair D for the past 3/4 years. Wake up or continue to be biased.
Shane_Kelly and Bcarlo25 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:01 p.m.
Shane Kelly
Lauko can definitly be a piece in this deal but there has to be more and i think the coyotes are asking for Carlo or DeBrusk as a starter but not sure if boston wants to give up either one

I honestly can't believe that would even be on the table for the Bruins considering how much of a headache OEL's contract is.
OlegP liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:09 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Copenhagen
How does this save any money to Arizona???

They are not paying 1 player too much and fitting in 20-22 more. They are paying multiple players cheaply and fitting less. Math says its cheaper.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:15 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Shane_Kelly
I honestly can't believe that would even be on the table for the Bruins considering how much of a headache OEL's contract is.

Canucks are out unless Arizona retains salary and takes back bad money. They simply cant fit him in. Arizona doesn't want to pay that big money in salary forget the cap hits. Escrow will only take 20% maximum. That will not cover losses. They will be huge without a gate. OEL is gone! And agents are already telling players with flat cap that it's guaranteed to be 20% off every deal the next two years. Look at the contracts being signed the Domi deal is the most tell tale signs at 2 years and walks to free agency but CBJ avoids backloading the deal! It's 20% off 5.3m per.

If Sweeney actually gives in to Arizona demands, he's a fool
Shane_Kelly liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:20 p.m.
(Sorry if someone asked this, didn’t read all comments) So you’re saying it’s some combo of above, not all piec
Dont think Lauko is a highly rated prospect i mean he might be good but he hasnt thrown up any crazy numbers and he's a smaller guy something the coyotes have too much of , steen has very little value and had just 23 points in 60 ahl games , hes more of a depth player at best

If it means anything Steen was solid for SWE at WJ and had a really good year in the SHL the year prior to this one. He struggled to adjust to the smaller ice in NA. Should bounce back this year.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 4:22 p.m.
Lauko can definitly be a piece in this deal but there has to be more and i think the coyotes are asking for Carlo or DeBrusk as a starter but not sure if boston wants to give up either one

Can’t see that happening. Particularly Carlo, doesn’t make sense on B’s end. Fills a need and creates another.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:02 p.m.
Dom6Yotes
Quoting: bhavikp27
Then, you don't know the prospects.

OEL is playing like a second pair D for the past 3/4 years. Wake up or continue to be biased.

Im not being biased about OEL im simple saying what league executives are saying and ive watched OEL over the past 7 years he's not an Elite defensmen but he sure damn is better than a 2nd pairing dman , he's an elite puck moving dman that is a great power play quarterback that defensively is average with a great stick , he's dealt with injurie's and played through some he hasnt been the same mentally for a bit and a trade from Arizona will revive his offense numbers , also kinda sounds like your overrating Boston's prospects , Lauko was ranked by NHL prospect Guru Corey Pronman as Boston's 5th best prospect while Vaakanianen was ranked 10th and Steen wasnt even ranked and Boston overall was ranked as a bottom 10 prospect pool , Coyotes arent even getting a top 3 prospect from a weaker prospect pool
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:18 p.m.
Im not being biased about OEL im simple saying what league executives are saying and ive watched OEL over the past 7 years he's not an Elite defensmen but he sure damn is better than a 2nd pairing dman , he's an elite puck moving dman that is a great power play quarterback that defensively is average with a great stick , he's dealt with injurie's and played through some he hasnt been the same mentally for a bit and a trade from Arizona will revive his offense numbers , also kinda sounds like your overrating Boston's prospects , Lauko was ranked by NHL prospect Guru Corey Pronman as Boston's 5th best prospect while Vaakanianen was ranked 10th and Steen wasnt even ranked and Boston overall was ranked as a bottom 10 prospect pool , Coyotes arent even getting a top 3 prospect from a weaker prospect pool

Show me this, Pronman couldn't have Vaakanainen at 10. You're probably making a mistake.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: bhavikp27
Show me this, Pronman couldn't have Vaakanainen at 10. You're probably making a mistake.

He was in "NHL potential" in his 2020-21 organizational rankings. https://theathletic.com/2002101/2020/08/27/2020-nhl-organizational-rankings-no-23-boston-bruins/
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Source?

Quoting: AgentWebster
Inside

Quoting: Borocop
hahahahahaha

Quoting: gmack95
when is this happening then

Quoting: Borocop
hahahahahaha

Just so we’re all clear, his source is some random guy on twitter (or he is that guy) @jessemedscience. Literally says the same junk word for word. He has also predicted Rask moving today, despite the news that Rask will retire rather than be traded. He has also predicted Duchene to Boston today.

I think this poster is likely taht twitter user, and their inside info is absolutely nothing.
DSZ, AndrewLadd, bhavikp27 and 2 others liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:33 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: mondo
He was in "NHL potential" in his 2020-21 organizational rankings. https://theathletic.com/2002101/2020/08/27/2020-nhl-organizational-rankings-no-23-boston-bruins/

Which means...nothing. That guys junk.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
Au-revoir Dorion
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Just so we’re all clear, his source is some random guy on twitter (or he is that guy) @jessemedscience. Literally says the same junk word for word. He has also predicted Rask moving today, despite the news that Rask will retire rather than be traded. He has also predicted Duchene to Boston today.

I think this poster is likely taht twitter user, and their inside info is absolutely nothing.

i was just laughing at his response to the question
Source?
Inside.

Classic
DSZ, bhavikp27 and KennyBoi liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.
Bcarlo25

If Vaak was ranked as 10th, then the best thing to do is never read that writer again. He’s a clear cut number two in Boston’s pool in my opinion, though some could make an argument for number one.
KennyBoi liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:45 p.m.
Dom6Yotes
If Vaak was ranked as 10th, then the best thing to do is never read that writer again. He’s a clear cut number two in Boston’s pool in my opinion, though some could make an argument for number one.

Corey Pronman is pretty damn well respected writer and all be basically does every day is scout prospects at every level and he said "Vaakanainen is a very mobile defensemen who can kill plays and get up into attacks with his feet . He has good hockey IQ and can move pucks at the pro level but lacks NHL-level skill. He could make it to the NHL playing a very simplistic style , but the lack of offensive upside could hold him back from moving pucks at the top level"
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:48 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

I can’t say I’m surprised
Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:54 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Corey Pronman is pretty damn well respected writer and all be basically does every day is scout prospects at every level and he said "Vaakanainen is a very mobile defensemen who can kill plays and get up into attacks with his feet . He has good hockey IQ and can move pucks at the pro level but lacks NHL-level skill. He could make it to the NHL playing a very simplistic style , but the lack of offensive upside could hold him back from moving pucks at the top level"

He has him at 10 in boston? He’s bad at his job.

Honestly, I don’t blame him. There’s not a human on the planet that has the resources to scout every teams system. If you want to find out about a prospect, the last thing you should do is read someone who’s job it is to report on the entire league. Find someone who actually gives a crap about the player.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Dom6Yotes
He has him at 10 in boston? He’s bad at his job.

Honestly, I don’t blame him. There’s not a human on the planet that has the resources to scout every teams system. If you want to find out about a prospect, the last thing you should do is read someone who’s job it is to report on the entire league. Find someone who actually gives a crap about the player.

He doesnt exactly have him at 10 but he has him outside the top 7 for Bostson and i mean he's somewhat accurate , Vaak doesnt have that high of an offensive potential and he isnt necessarily a defensive stud either more , hes simply a good puck moving dman that doesnt have too many major flaws and most defensemen like that end up being just top 6 or 7th defensemen in the league
Oct. 8, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
Bcarlo25
He doesnt exactly have him at 10 but he has him outside the top 7 for Bostson and i mean he's somewhat accurate , Vaak doesnt have that high of an offensive potential and he isnt necessarily a defensive stud either more , hes simply a good puck moving dman that doesnt have too many major flaws and most defensemen like that end up being just top 6 or 7th defensemen in the league

You realize you’re saying that having never seen him play, right? I’m not about to start telling you all about Arizona’s prospects and how they stink because some dude who has also never seen them play wrote an article.

Any article that lists Vaak below two in the bruins system should have you crossing the writer off your list. Does that mean the bruins system stinks? Maybe.

He has top four written all over him, I just don’t think it’s going to be in Boston because Sweeney desperately hangs on to his prospects, and the players blocking the prospects. Then he’s left with 24 year olds with stunted development.
ngikas liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.
I just don’t think it’s going to be in Boston because Sweeney desperately hangs on to his prospects, and the players blocking the prospects. Then he’s left with 24 year olds with stunted development.

This is the truest and most frustrating statement about Don Sweeney as a GM. I'm not a fan of how he hoards prospects when we have a surplus amount at the position, specifically LHD. But I also think its partially because Sweens didn't expect Chara to still be kicking around at age 43
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: ngikas
This is the truest and most frustrating statement about Don Sweeney as a GM. I'm not a fan of how he hoards prospects when we have a surplus amount at the position, specifically LHD. But I also think its partially because Sweens didn't expect Chara to still be kicking around at age 43

Even so, 1st rounder And 2nd rounder in 2015 on LD. First rounder in 2017 on LD. All this with Chara, Krug, and Grzelcyk. I maintain that the plan was to trade Krug two years ago because of his defensive issues, and then he became a much more well rounded player.
ngikas liked this.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 6:26 p.m.
Banned

Everything is so out of context this time of year. Friedman was asked to guess where Hall would land on XM radio. He guessed MTL.
Now everyone is quoting Friedman as saying Hall to MTL confirmed!

I’m sure Hall’s camp is loving it!
Another way to leverage Montreal so other teams overpay. Hall’s agent, the Famous, Farris, probably has Fat Friedman on the payroll.
Oct. 8, 2020 at 10:23 p.m.
I would try to keep Lauko and steen if i'm sweeney.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll