SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Tampa Bay Lightning signed Patrick Maroon (2 Years / $900,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Quoting: Rangsey
Not in Tampa. Easy 4th.

oh ya but just for how big, gritty, and impactful he is he is the leagues best bottom 6 player
Oct. 29, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: Norm31
oh ya but just for how big, gritty, and impactful he is he is the leagues best bottom 6 player

Splitting hairs here but he's not even the best bottom 6 guy on Tampa. Blake Coleman FTW.
Maroon is great. A great team guy, good energy, lot of grit and exactly what Tampa needed. But let's not oversell him. Just because he's a presence doesn't make him the best bottom 6 guy.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Quoting: Rangsey
Splitting hairs here but he's not even the best bottom 6 guy on Tampa. Blake Coleman FTW.
Maroon is great. A great team guy, good energy, lot of grit and exactly what Tampa needed. But let's not oversell him. Just because he's a presence doesn't make him the best bottom 6 guy.

im not even talking about presence or any of that bs. I am just saying he is very impactful on both sides of the ice (contribution of chances and taking away chances) he is also physical which is also looked for in a bottom 6 guy. He is the ideal bottom 6 guy on a team
Oct. 29, 2020 at 5:38 p.m.
Quoting: Norm31
im not even talking about presence or any of that bs. I am just saying he is very impactful on both sides of the ice (contribution of chances and taking away chances) he is also physical which is also looked for in a bottom 6 guy. He is the ideal bottom 6 guy on a team

Yes 100% agree. His game is awesome. He's a great bottom 6 forward. This contact is a bargain. No brainer for the lightning to bring him back. But he doesn't kill penalties. Doesn't take faceoffs. Isn't overly quick on the forecheck or backcheck. Best bottom 6 forward in the league is overrating him big time.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 7:40 p.m.
Am i the only one who doesn’t think this guy is the best 4th liner in the league? I mean, he’s pretty solid but come on, he’s about as slow as they come and his two way game is fine if he can backcheck fast enough lol. Only guy slower than him is Joe Thornton. If he could kill penalties or contribute in limited PP minutes then fine but he does not.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 7:52 p.m.
Quoting: Jexus
Am i the only one who doesn’t think this guy is the best 4th liner in the league? I mean, he’s pretty solid but come on, he’s about as slow as they come and his two way game is fine if he can backcheck fast enough lol. Only guy slower than him is Joe Thornton. If he could kill penalties or contribute in limited PP minutes then fine but he does not.

.36 PPG and Won a Fight with the beast know as Chara during the line brawl while having back to back Cups
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 10:59 p.m.
Quoting: VastBluepuppy424
.36 PPG and Won a Fight with the beast know as Chara during the line brawl while having back to back Cups

Having a cup doesn’t make you an automatic star

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit