SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Ideal Offseason

Team: 2020-21 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 11, 2020
Published: Oct. 11, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I don't know how much Blues would realistically want for Dunn but I guess this package is okay.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$4,500,000
1$700,000
2$2,250,000
2$1,500,000
1$700,000
3$3,000,000
Trades
NYR
  1. 2021 2nd round pick (MIN)
MIN
  1. Strome, Ryan [RFA Rights]
NYR
STL
  1. Garand, Dylan [Reserve List]
  2. Hájek, Libor
  3. Vierling, Evan [Reserve List]
  4. 2021 1st round pick (NYR)
  5. 2021 3rd round pick (BUF)
NYR
    - Future Considerations.
    CHI
    1. Smith, Brendan
    2. 2021 4th round pick (OTT)
    3. 2022 6th round pick (NYR)
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the NYR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$75,258,133$0$8,362,500$6,241,867

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $5,350,000$5,350,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $11,642,857$11,642,857
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the St. Louis Blues
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $700,000$700,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $700,000$700,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:29 p.m.
    STL
    100% yes from the Blues
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Quoting: jwg314
    100% yes from the Blues

It's a substantial package but I've seen some want Nils Lundkvist and Kaapo Kakko and some be okay with just a 1st. It's hard to value him.
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:34 p.m.
    Jaromir_Jagr_the_leg
    Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
    It's a substantial package but I've seen some want Nils Lundkvist and Kaapo Kakko and some be okay with just a 1st. It's hard to value him.

Simple put it they need to clear cap which lowers the value a 1st is a lot but would be fine doing it for them
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:36 p.m.
    Kyle from Chicago
    Chicago isn't doing that.
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Quoting: Stan_Bowman
    Chicago isn't doing that.

Adjust the picks or a bad destination?
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:38 p.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Quoting: Nikolay_Zherdev
    Simple put it they need to clear cap which lowers the value a 1st is a lot but would be fine doing it for them

If they get Pietrangelo yeah but otherwise no.
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:39 p.m.
    STL

Nah, I just want the cap space. The picks and prospects is an added bonus. Would allow us to re-sign Petro.
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Nah, I just want the cap space. The picks and prospects is an added bonus. Would allow us to re-sign Petro.

I'll even take Steen half retained. I would move the solar system to get Vince Dunn in a Rangers jersey. Watching the Blues in their 2019 Cup run just showcased how good he was and how effective he'd be on our team. Hope we come together on a deal in reality!
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:44 p.m.
    Kyle from Chicago
    Adjust the picks or a bad destination?

Both. Buyout window is closed, and he isn't playing on our D. Picks are also not enough.
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:44 p.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Quoting: Stan_Bowman
    Both. Buyout window is closed, and he isn't playing on our D. Picks are also not enough.

Gotcha. Thanks for the input.
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.
    I think STL and NYR are good trade partners, but what you are offering isn't what the Blues need. Hajek is a LHD with promise, but the Note already has Perunovich, Mikkola, and Tucker. All three are likely NHLers, with Perunovich possibly being a stud. Mikkola is a shutdown defenseman. Tucker is a big boy with a big shot who easily slots in as a #6 or 7 defenseman to start. While Vierling is a center (bonus points there), the Blues already have Alexandrov and Leferriere waiting in the wings. Alexandrov probably makes the team late next year and is a regular the following. Laferriere - if he sticks at center - is goingto turn out as a late round steal who turns into a scorer. (He may be a RWer when all is said and done though.) The Blues have great depth at goalie, so Garand likely doesn't move the needle.

You are offering some good players and picks, no doubt; but if the Note is to move a stud like Dunn, it has to fill some of our holes too. Dunn's absence will be filled by Krug and Perunovich. Scandella and Mikkola round out the LHD future, with Gunnarsson playing one more year. ROR, Schenn, Thomas, Sunqvist, Alexandrov, and maybe Barbashev (if he's not moved) occupy the center roles. Binnington and Husso will hold the goalie position until Hofer boots both out. The Blues need a LW scorer, and to a lesser extent, a RW scorer (especially since Tarasenko's return play is an unknown). Kyrou, Blais, and (maybe) Kostin can fill out the RW spots, but all only have shown promising ceilings. We need a promising "floor."

This basically means that of the guys New York would possibly consider moving, Kravstov is obviously tops, with Pajuniemi a distant second. None of NY's minor league LWers are very interesting, at least not for a player of Dunn's caliber. If New York really does have interest in Bozak (who definitely is not of negative value), I'd offer Bozak and Dunn for Kravstov, a 2021 1st, and either a 2022 2nd round pick (with retention), a 2021 3rd (with no retention), or maybe Vierling if you think he could play LW. Basically Dunn for the first two, and Bozak for one of the final three.
    Shylo_Moxii liked this.
    Oct. 11, 2020 at 11:58 p.m.

Dunn is not a cap compliancy dump. Bozak would be, PLUS we are already under the cap right now. If we traded away Sanford, and Bozak we would be just fine. We have no need for this type of deal, AND Vince Dunn is already a Top 4 Defenseman with better stats than a lot of the top Defenseman.

100% yes from the Blues

UrqOrAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png?width=1130&height=931

This is why Blues wouldn't do this deal. Specifically. Because a bunch of spare parts doesn't justify getting rid of this type of performance, and it's not just this season.

FfMGizmjwnSDQAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png?width=1130&height=931

This is the past 4 years, so yet again. It would cost a First and Kravtsov to even remotely be close for him on the table. It's not worth it to us. It would not be worth it at all for us. Yes I understand Perunovich is coming up, but we should be looking into getting rid of Gunnarsson, and Scandella. That brings Perunovich up, but at the same time Perunovich is a year out. So making this deal on a win now team makes us down grade. It doesn't make sense for the Blues at all if we aren't getting substantial value back for him.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
    STL
    Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
    Dunn is not a cap compliancy dump. Bozak would be, PLUS we are already under the cap right now. If we traded away Sanford, and Bozak we would be just fine. We have no need for this type of deal, AND Vince Dunn is already a Top 4 Defenseman with better stats than a lot of the top Defenseman.

This is why Blues wouldn't do this deal. Specifically. Because a bunch of spare parts doesn't justify getting rid of this type of performance, and it's not just this season.

This is the past 4 years, so yet again. It would cost a First and Kravtsov to even remotely be close for him on the table. It's not worth it to us. It would not be worth it at all for us. Yes I understand Perunovich is coming up, but we should be looking into getting rid of Gunnarsson, and Scandella. That brings Perunovich up, but at the same time Perunovich is a year out. So making this deal on a win now team makes us down grade. It doesn't make sense for the Blues at all if we aren't getting substantial value back for him.

I would only do the deal if we had a contract in place for Petro.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:02 a.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai
    Quoting: rja40
    I think STL and NYR are good trade partners, but what you are offering isn't what the Blues need. Hajek is a LHD with promise, but the Note already has Perunovich, Mikkola, and Tucker. All three are likely NHLers, with Perunovich possibly being a stud. Mikkola is a shutdown defenseman. Tucker is a big boy with a big shot who easily slots in as a #6 or 7 defenseman to start. While Vierling is a center (bonus points there), the Blues already have Alexandrov and Leferriere waiting in the wings. Alexandrov probably makes the team late next year and is a regular the following. Laferriere - if he sticks at center - is goingto turn out as a late round steal who turns into a scorer. (He may be a RWer when all is said and done though.) The Blues have great depth at goalie, so Garand likely doesn't move the needle.

You are offering some good players and picks, no doubt; but if the Note is to move a stud like Dunn, it has to fill some of our holes too. Dunn's absence will be filled by Krug and Perunovich. Scandella and Mikkola round out the LHD future, with Gunnarsson playing one more year. ROR, Schenn, Thomas, Sunqvist, Alexandrov, and maybe Barbashev (if he's not moved) occupy the center roles. Binnington and Husso will hold the goalie position until Hofer boots both out. The Blues need a LW scorer, and to a lesser extent, a RW scorer (especially since Tarasenko's return play is an unknown). Kyrou, Blais, and (maybe) Kostin can fill out the RW spots, but all only have shown promising ceilings. We need a promising "floor."

This basically means that of the guys New York would possibly consider moving, Kravstov is obviously tops, with Pajuniemi a distant second. None of NY's minor league LWers are very interesting, at least not for a player of Dunn's caliber. If New York really does have interest in Bozak (who definitely is not of negative value), I'd offer Bozak and Dunn for Kravstov, a 2021 1st, and either a 2022 2nd round pick (with retention), a 2021 3rd (with no retention), or maybe Vierling if you think he could play LW. Basically Dunn for the first two, and Bozak for one of the final three.

First off, appreciate the insightful response. Secondly, I don't envision Vitali Kravtsov being moved at all. I think if Lauri Pajuniemi is of interest for STL I would definitely be handcuffed to do a deal like that with taking Bozak's contract and adding a 1st-round pick. As a huge fan of Pajuniemi, I think it's a fair offer for sure. I've watched him since 2018 and think he has serious potential. 26 goals in Liiga isn't nothing to scoff at. I can't put into words how much I would love Vince Dunn in a NYR uniform, but in our rebuilding process, we simply can't trade top guys especially when these prospects we can part with are still very good, trading a 1st +, and taking $5M off the books to bring back Pietrangelo.

So, would this trade work? If not, how would you adjust to your liking?
    St. Louis Blues
    - RW Lauri Pajuniemi
    - C Evan Vierling
    - 2021-1st round pick (Top 10 Protected)
    New York Rangers
    - LHD Vince Dunn (RFA Rights)
    - C Tyler Bozak
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:02 a.m.
    Quoting: rja40

Scandella is probably out. Mikkola is good, but I'm not sure he's doing enough to make it onto the roster.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai

I'd only assume this trade would be of interest from STL if Pietrangelo is Re-Signed. Not just for cap space. I imagine you still wouldn't do it tho.

Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
    I would only do the deal if we had a contract in place for Petro.

And that's just not gonna happen. Vegas is pretty close to signing him.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
    STL

I agree, but if we get Bozak off the books and Steen stays on LTIR or retires like I've been hearing, we would have the cap to make it work.
    I expected to hear he signed with Vegas tonight but nothing yet.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai

If it came down to it, would you do my proposal if it mean't retaining Pietrangelo?
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:09 a.m.

No I wouldn't Blues aren't signing Pietrangelo. It's already pretty known that he's signing with Vegas. And in this instance Steen LTIR, Bozak and Sanford gone, and I mean even De La rose and a couple other players should be gone as well. We could sign Pietrangelo, but it's pretty much out of the way.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:09 a.m.
    I agree, but if we get Bozak off the books and Steen stays on LTIR or retires like I've been hearing, we would have the cap to make it work.
    I expected to hear he signed with Vegas tonight but nothing yet.

Carlo Colaiacovo said Pietrangelo won't be making a decision tonight.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
    Jaromir_Jagr_the_leg
    First off, appreciate the insightful response. Secondly, I don't envision Vitali Kravtsov being moved at all. I think if Lauri Pajuniemi is of interest for STL I would definitely be handcuffed to do a deal like that with taking Bozak's contract and adding a 1st-round pick. As a huge fan of Pajuniemi, I think it's a fair offer for sure. I've watched him since 2018 and think he has serious potential. 26 goals in Liiga isn't nothing to scoff at. I can't put into words how much I would love Vince Dunn in a NYR uniform, but in our rebuilding process, we simply can't trade top guys especially when these prospects we can part with are still very good, trading a 1st +, and taking $5M off the books to bring back Pietrangelo.

So, would this trade work? If not, how would you adjust to your liking?
    St. Louis Blues
    - RW Lauri Pajuniemi
    - C Evan Vierling
    - 2021-1st round pick (Top 10 Protected)
    New York Rangers
    - LHD Vince Dunn (RFA Rights)
    - C Tyler Bozak

I’m not deminishing Dunn’s value bc I love him as a player but when ur taking on a type of “cap” dump (yes I know he can still play) in bozak value goes down a 1st, rykov and howden (maybe another pick) should be able to realistically get it done
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:11 a.m.
    Am Yisrael Chai
    I’m not deminishing Dunn’s value bc I love him as a player but when ur taking on a type of “cap” dump (yes I know he can still play) in bozak value goes down a 1st, rykov and howden (maybe another pick) should be able to realistically get it done

I'd still do this no problem. I love Pajuniemi but Vince Dunn would make us a serious contender.
    rja40 liked this.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.
    If it came down to it, would you do my proposal if it mean't retaining Pietrangelo?

Probably not. I like Dunn. We need to get younger, and Pietrangelo just isn't that.
    Oct. 12, 2020 at 12:13 a.m.

Not in Blues idea. Bozak is still very serviceable as a 3C. He's not any type of dump or negative value. If you want Dunn in any deal it includes a first probably Top 5 protected, and Kravtsov.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll