SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

2020-21 expanded rosters?

Oct. 13, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
With the pandemic not going away, I think the league may have to consider allowing expanded rosters in place for the next season.

Obviously some rules have to be put in place forcing some limitations.

Like maybe a deadline to sign UFAs.

Thoughts?
Oct. 13, 2020 at 10:23 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Trickster
With the pandemic not going away, I think the league may have to consider allowing expanded rosters in place for the next season.

Obviously some rules have to be put in place forcing some limitations.

Like maybe a deadline to sign UFAs.

Thoughts?

From what I heard they are looking at allowing a 10man taxi squad but only if the ECHL and AHL do not open. This squad does not count against the teams camp but the players in the squad cannot be making more than 925k (bonuses excluded).
Trickster liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:30 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
From what I heard they are looking at allowing a 10man taxi squad but only if the ECHL and AHL do not open. This squad does not count against the teams camp but the players in the squad cannot be making more than 925k (bonuses excluded).

Seeing pro leagues having to jump hurdles to complete seasons pretty much sums up the difficulty semi-pro/junior and amateur leagues will have in this pandemic ERA.

The 10 player taxi squad will very likely be a thing again and just as leagues figured out how how the taxi squad worked in this first go around, they should improve on it should season get underway.
Trickster liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.
get ur corsi up
I've heard this rumour as well. If it is true, then it explains why the Leafs just signed Dell. If roster are not expanded then we are just going to lose Dell on waivers, otherwise, we can run a roster with three goalies.
oneX liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll