SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Jake Allen (2 Years / $2,875,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:51 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
Stats to back that up? What website are you using to determine who faced the heavier workload? Who stopped more shots? More high danger shots? Anything?

Trust him when he says, Dell and the whole ****ing Sharks D last year alone faced more danger shots than 2 NHL teams combined and their mother. Their Defense was ****ing garbage last season. Dell is the better and more consistent goalie. Allen will just prove that in a few months when he’s got a .890 save percentage for MTL milking them for 3M a season
Norm31 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: Dotz789
Ahh, Sharks .600 w% vs MTL since their arrival speaks otherwise. Top 5 favorite team to play and win against. Prob because they’ve been a dumpster fire since the early-mid 90’s😂

That's great but what does that have to do with anything? You're pretty good at ignoring facts that shut your awful takes down, but not good enough. See ya kid
habs_fan123 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:52 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Now I know it's a troll xD

Give us some facts then instead of your ****ty opinoin

1. Dell played more games than Allen. 2. Dell is more consistent than Allen, 3. Allen was better but Dell is cheaper
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Quoting: dc64
Fam? How old are you...

Facts only work when they have a positive benefit to your opinion or argument. Your 'facts' don't. You just dig yourself a bigger hole everytime you comment. Just move along, it's embarrassing now for everyone to witness this.

lmao stfu. I use am using facts, some of which work out for me some of which don't how about you stfu
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
The NHL isn't a developement league and you don't throw a 21 YO to the wolves and see where he lands. That's step 1 of destroying a goalies confidence and if we want Primeau to hit his potential, he needs to be slowly developed until he's over ready to play in the NHL. He's over exceeded expectations thus far, but that doesn't mean you throw him at Montreal's media.

you got a very good point. I think waiting a year would be good but I think next year he could be ready to take that on
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:55 p.m.
Quoting: Norm31
1. Dell played more games than Allen. 2. Dell is more consistent than Allen, 3. Allen was better but Dell is cheaper

I'd much rather take the better goalie than pay the cheaper goalie. Sorry, but that's what you need to win in today's NHL.
Norm31 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
habs_fan
Yeah I'm sure. Got proof for this or are you just speaking out of your ass?

hes pulling **** out of his ass
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:57 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
I'd much rather take the better goalie than pay the cheaper goalie. Sorry, but that's what you need to win in today's NHL.

I see your point but I am still leaning on Dell just bc of the $ difference between them 2
Evans truther
Good Lord one thing CapFriendly thought me over time is that every time there's a Montreal signature some Montreal fans are just going at it at eachother like two freaking chihuahua, I can not put into words how ashamed I am in those times.
-------------------------------
Now the signature itself.
It's an unnecessary early signature made by Marc which brings me to think there's already a deal made with Seattle. Is it a deal for Allen or for Price this I couldn't say but there is literally no other reason for this kind of early signature knowing you have Primeau going along nicely. He may not be ready next season but I can't see him flop out and not being ready for 3 years.
The contract itself is great, there's no reason to think Allen's stats will be lower than last year with the team Marc has built for him.
Juraj_Cauzuki and HabsForEver liked this.
Quoting: habs_fan123
hes pulling **** out of his ass

Kind of sad because I'd be more than interested in having a debate over who the better goalie is, but when you are name calling and pulling **** out of nowhere, it's just a waste of time for both parties.
habs_fan123 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:58 p.m.
Regardless I think Jake Allen would be very pleased with how much we all care about his new contract. 😂
HabsForEver and Norm31 liked this.
I see your point but I am still leaning on Dell just bc of the $ difference between them 2

Dell is going to be an AHL goalie next year while Allen plays 25+ games. There is a huge difference of talent between them.
habs_fan123 liked this.
habs_fan
Mhmm interesting, is it my opinion that MTL hasn’t won a cup in almost 30 years or how about been contenders in the last 10.. ? Is that an opinion or fact. Mmh idk.

is that relevant to the signing at all nope

like stfu already your killing my braincells
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 1:59 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Dell is going to be an AHL goalie next year while Allen plays 25+ games. There is a huge difference of talent between them.

I wouldn't count on Dell falling off like that. I don't think the gap is anywhere close to being big enough for me to pay way more for Allen
Ghost789 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:01 p.m.
I wouldn't count on Dell falling off like that. I don't think the gap is anywhere close to being big enough for me to pay way more for Allen

If other teams thought he could be a good NHL backup, he would've got more than 100k above league minimum.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:01 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Edited Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
Are you just blind or dumb?

Rantta, Rittich, Reimer, Francouz, Korposalo, Khudobin, Rinne, Fleury, Crawford, Nilsson, Campbell, Holtby... should I keep going or is that enough to satisfy your stupid comment

First of all, stay polite. Then, lets talk.

Holtby would be a the prime candidate. Even if he has no term, you just cant pass on a Vezina trophy winner.

Korpisalo will be protected or traded (and protected). He is too good to be lost for nothing.

Khudobin, Rinne, Fleury and Crawford are too old to build a franchise.

Rantta and Rittich will be UFAs and go for a pay day.

Reimer, Nilsson, Campbell are just not good enough.

Allen and Francouz are contenders for the 2nd spot.

For term and experience, Seattle take Allen.
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:02 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
If other teams thought he could be a good NHL backup, he would've got more than 100k above league minimum.

you have a point ig I am willing to bet that dell is gonna be a bargain tho
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.

Put it this way.. 1.5-2M gives a team some good wiggle room especially when trying to add potential pieces at the deadline for a playoff run. MTL just eliminated extra cap room by overpaying a back up. Proof that depth and winning doesn’t matter to them.
Norm31 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:05 p.m.
Put it this way.. 1.5-2M gives a team some good wiggle room especially when trying to add potential pieces at the deadline for a playoff run. MTL just eliminated extra cap room by overpaying a back up. Proof that depth and winning doesn’t matter to them.

Another ****ty opinion from this guy ^
Juraj_Cauzuki liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
Another ****ty opinion from this guy ^

It’s okay, I’ll come back to this next summer when Allen has a below average year and loses some big games for you guys.. Then my opinion won’t be an opinion anymore. Until then, PEACE FOO
Norm31 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:13 p.m.
habs_fan
It’s okay, I’ll come back to this next summer when Allen has a below average year and loses some big games for you guys.. Then my opinion won’t be an opinion anymore. Until then, PEACE FOO

or you can come back when dell has spent most of the season in the ahl and allen has been a solid backup
HabsForEver liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
or you can come back when dell has spent most of the season in the ahl and allen has been a solid backup

I’ll do either, but don’t be salty. You better call out bergevin for screwing up again
Norm31 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.

What if we have a Allen vs Dell Hockey night in Canada showdown. Whoever takes that game is the winner of this all 😂
Norm31 liked this.
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.
Western Champs
Good signing, but a little bit to early, from what I understand a QO to McNiven would of been enough for the expansion draft exposure! Bergevin maybe guessing that he can get an asset for Allen if Primeau is ready next year
Oct. 14, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
habrye@hotmail.com
This is questionable because of Primeau's timeline, but solid signing nonetheless

Primeau will be 24 for the season after Allen's contract expires. I think he would be too young to be a back-up at age 22 next year. Better for him to play in the AHL Full time. One year extension on Allen would have been a better fit but Allen probably doesn't sign it.

Or Bergevin is going to trade Allen cause his contract is more attractive after this 2 year extension? And this is how he gets under the cap after the Toffoli signing? Who the hell knows what Bergevin is up to
HabsForEver liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit