SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

Chevys early yearly review

Oct. 15, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Wpgman
Drafting- grade C- Mike Milbury couldn't of screwed up picking Perfetti(OK Milbury would of screwed that up also)
Signing RFA's- grade C- Roslovic, Niku and others not signed(maybe a C is generous)
Signing UFA's- grade C- signed only 4th line forwards and 3rd line defensemen(Sorry I consider DeMelo a 5-6 defensemen)
Trading- grade D-(yes a Dminus)-Stastny? Got him cheap but should of signed him 2 years ago when he was still a Jet)

Is he losing his touch? Looking like it.

Sorry guys but getting frustrated!
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
CGY
Immediately, after the move back to Winnipeg, the Jets drafted very,very well. It seems to have slipped a little bit in recent years (not counting Perfetti and Laine...)
capfriendlyaccount liked this.
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:03 p.m.
It is hard to get high end FA to come to Winnipeg due to the fact its not a great city to live in compared other cities in the NHL
olson_22 liked this.
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:06 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: ItWasIn
Immediately, after the move back to Winnipeg, the Jets drafted very,very well. It seems to have slipped a little bit in recent years (not counting Perfetti and Laine...)

They've only realy drafted well in the 1st round and Hellebuyck, everything else they've drafted has been pretty meh, could argue some of their 1st round picks like Roslovic, Stanley and Vesalainen weren't the right selections though usage could be argued is why Roslovic hasn't quite lived up to his 1st round billing.
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
As far as drafting goes i think there doing fine if fetti. Heinola and samberg get good on there elcs were talking contender, not to metion wild cards like guss vesa chisholm. This isnt nhl 20
olson_22 liked this.
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I think Chevy has been on a slide since his trade at the 2016 draft, I'd be giving him a C- or D on most everything since that point.
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:12 p.m.
Wpgman
Quoting: bnormie46
It is hard to get high end FA to come to Winnipeg due to the fact its not a great city to live in compared other cities in the NHL

correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the difference in Stastny offers were that Vegas offered a 3 year deal while Chevy offered only a 2 year deal at the same price? Kind of weird that we got Stastny in only the 3rd year of that contract that we didn't want in the first place.
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:26 p.m.
wpg
for **** sakes the guy has the hardest job in the NHL

all i can give him is A+
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Wpgman
Quoting: Jets93
As far as drafting goes i think there doing fine if fetti. Heinola and samberg get good on there elcs were talking contender, not to metion wild cards like guss vesa chisholm. This isnt nhl 20

Drafting is WPG's strength and it has to be. So we have to keep them happy. OK Chevy
Oct. 16, 2020 at 12:19 a.m.
Quoting: Wpgman
correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the difference in Stastny offers were that Vegas offered a 3 year deal while Chevy offered only a 2 year deal at the same price? Kind of weird that we got Stastny in only the 3rd year of that contract that we didn't want in the first place.

Little and buff thats the only reason we have cap room,
Oct. 16, 2020 at 1:45 a.m.
wpg
Quoting: Wpgman

No heres a quote Chevy said from a few years back “we matched the term but couldn’t the $$$” Would’ve take 7+ mill or so to keep him.... didn’t have that

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll