SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

More Laine Rumours

Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:34 p.m.
I'm genuinely wondering if a Laine trade will happen or not, the amount of rumors we hear about it is crazy. Either its all rumors and nothing will happen or the Jets and Laine both want a divorce. And here's the thing, it is very hard for the Jets to get a good FA to come to Winnipeg. With this team you either have to draft and develop or trade assets. The Jets are in a situation where they need a top 2 Dman and neither Samberg or Heinola can be that guy. I will say it, I am not a fan of Laine at all and I have never liked him due to his play style and effort. I watch him play live all the time. On Tv he looks good because you are only seeing the highlights but in person he isn't that special . Unless he is scoring is overall play is mediocre at best and I cant blame Maurice for not having him on the top line because Wheeler, Connor and Ehlers are all players are much better deserving of that role. If you had a full season this year Connor would have scored over 40 for sure as well as had a overall stronger game. So the Jets have players who can put the puck in the net, that's not an issue. I cant see the jets giving Laine more then what Connor is worth if he has the exact same season so in all best interest, a Laine trade would make most sense. I think his hype is what drives his trade value and the Jets could either land a top 2 Dman or a top 4 Dman and a second line winger that could be centered by Perfetti in the future. All in all I know the Laine cult will start giving me hate in the comments but you cant deny the guy is overhyped and somthing is happenig between the jets and Laine.
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Agreed. i feel like laine could play up to his potential with a better coach
Oct. 15, 2020 at 11:41 p.m.
Quoting: NoahTheBoah
Agreed. i feel like laine could play up to his potential with a better coach

I don't think its the coaching, I think there is something going on between Wheeler, Scheifele and Laine

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll