RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 17, 2020 at 12:40 p.m.
That Duclair line would be murderous
SevenLeg liked this.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 12:41 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Don’t think there’s much dark about it. Habs have a solid team and I believe they are a lock for the playoffs.
SevenLeg and RomanovTheAnswer liked this.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 12:49 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Jamiepo
Don’t think there’s much dark about it. Habs have a solid team and I believe they are a lock for the playoffs.

Thank you for acknowledging that as a Leafs fan. If there's a Canadian division. We'll probably see each other when comes playoffs time.
RomanovTheAnswer liked this.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: RomanovTheAnswer
That Duclair line would be murderous

They really need to find a way to grab him. I know he wanted multiple years, but the reality is that there's no team willing to give him that, otherwise he would have been signed by now. He failed in Chicago and Columbus, and he needs to prove that last year was not a fluke. Having power-play time and playing on a line with KK and Toffoli might be enticing.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.

I don't know that they're a "lock", but they have as good a chance, if not a better chance, than any of the teams who are in the hunt.

Like I can't call them a "lock" when there's TBL, TOR, and BOS in the division, and then PIT, WSH, PHI, CBJ, NYI, NYR, CAR in the other division potentially competing for a wildcard. But definitely have a solid team and should be in the race all along the way. Could easily earn a spot
Oct. 17, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
They really need to find a way to grab him. I know he wanted multiple years, but the reality is that there's no team willing to give him that, otherwise he would have been signed by now. He failed in Chicago and Columbus, and he needs to prove that last year was not a fluke. Having power-play time and playing on a line with KK and Toffoli might be enticing.

Was thinking the same thing.

I think Duclair could easily land in MTL only if Bergevin decides to try and move Weal, Kulak, Mete, or unfortunately, Armia or Lehkonen. Their cap would need to be taken elsewhere in order for this to happen, which leads me to believe Duclair could sign long term in MTL.

Duclair follows a similar storyline to players the Habs love to bring in. Fast, unproven forward with high risk and reward (kinda like Domi). With the state of COVID and how free agents have been signed, unless he is willing to take a contract he doesn't want, we could see him have no team by the seasons start.

Players in his position should take the discount contract and prove it ONE MORE TIME. Putting up 40 points on that Ottawa team is quite impressive, but not enough to prove anything to GM's.

I say clear cap and find a way to sign him on another 'prove it' deal, or sign him long term on a low AAV (under 3mil). If he doesn't take that, give up on him.
SevenLeg liked this.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 1:31 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: leafs101
I don't know that they're a "lock", but they have as good a chance, if not a better chance, than any of the teams who are in the hunt.

Like I can't call them a "lock" when there's TBL, TOR, and BOS in the division, and then PIT, WSH, PHI, CBJ, NYI, NYR, CAR in the other division potentially competing for a wildcard. But definitely have a solid team and should be in the race all along the way. Could easily earn a spot

1-A Canadian division is still a possibility, so the Habs are probably in the race along with Winnipeg, Edmonton and Toronto.
2- If they keep the current divisions, yes Boston and Tampa are still good but they did not improve this offseason, they arguably got worse.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.

I agree.

Jumbo Joe could potentially change the entire attitude dynamic of the Leafs that is necessary to become a true contender. If Defense works out and improves (which it should), the Leafs can be in true long-due Cup contender.
GenXHockey liked this.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Great Canadian Moose
Quoting: SevenLeg
1-A Canadian division is still a possibility, so the Habs are probably in the race along with Winnipeg, Edmonton and Toronto.
2- If they keep the current divisions, yes Boston and Tampa are still good but they did not improve this offseason, they arguably got worse.

IF there is actually a Canadian division I think that the order of finish would be Toronto, Montreal/Vancouver, Vancouver/Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa. Even as a Habs fan I can admit that Toronto has been a good regular season team for awhile now. The only knock against Toronto is Vancouver/Montreal/Calgary all have great goalie tandems which is gonna be key for a shortened and condensed season. Rumours are saying that there will be a lot of 3 games in 4 nights happening this season so having that backup that can play and eat minutes and wins is very important. I don't know if Campbell and Dell will do it for the Leafs but you never know.

I agree.

Jumbo Joe could potentially change the entire attitude dynamic of the Leafs that is necessary to become a true contender. If Defense works out and improves (which it should), the Leafs can be in true long-due Cup contender.

I'm not sold on the defensive changes Toronto made this off-season. Plus their offense gets slower. Thorton and Spezza are not wheelers and neither is Simmonds. Toronto is a fast paced dynamic team, they should of kept to the theme.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 2:07 p.m.
Quoting: SuperRandy49
IF there is actually a Canadian division I think that the order of finish would be Toronto, Montreal/Vancouver, Vancouver/Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa. Even as a Habs fan I can admit that Toronto has been a good regular season team for awhile now. The only knock against Toronto is Vancouver/Montreal/Calgary all have great goalie tandems which is gonna be key for a shortened and condensed season. Rumours are saying that there will be a lot of 3 games in 4 nights happening this season so having that backup that can play and eat minutes and wins is very important. I don't know if Campbell and Dell will do it for the Leafs but you never know.

I'm not sold on the defensive changes Toronto made this off-season. Plus their offense gets slower. Thorton and Spezza are not wheelers and neither is Simmonds. Toronto is a fast paced dynamic team, they should of kept to the theme.

Fair. If I was Dubas, I definitely wouldn't have made the moves he did. He could've done much better.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Fair. If I was Dubas, I definitely wouldn't have made the moves he did. He could've done much better.

Quoting: SuperRandy49

Toronto has 3 solid goalies. Andersen Campbell and dell. So no issues there.

Barbanov keerfoot and Robertson are all very speedy and our top 6 is built on speed. So I’m not very concerned about that. Leadership and some Sandin apex will help. Leafs defense is extremely deep now. Replacing Barrie with a card board cut out if alzner is an upgrade so a defence which did an average job will look much improved this year.

The all Canadian division would be fun to watch but I hate the idea. The Canadian teams all improved this year and I believe all of them have at least a shot at a wild card spot.

You put that all in one division you automatically have one out. Then factor in the strength of the division. The parade will most likely mean that the division doesn’t produce any wildcard spots. So trying to pick just three from that division doesn’t seem fair.
Oct. 17, 2020 at 6:37 p.m.
This is a great looking team for sure, I agree with the comments on here about Duclair teams may be reluctant to sign him long term and joining the habs short term may be a good move for him.

This definitely is a roster that will be in a playoff race and if for some reason they’re not then Duclair and Tatar could become very nice trade pieces at the deadline and the habs can add to their deep prospect pool.
SevenLeg liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll