SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Montreal Canadiens signed Kaiden Guhle (3 Years / $1,283,333 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 20, 2020 at 5:27 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
smh most of the guys you mentioned are either healthy scratches, career AHLers, or guys we will not sign. Top four and Romanov are the only true NHLers as of right now

Smh glad you enjoyed the joke.
Norm31 liked this.
Oct. 20, 2020 at 10:18 p.m.
Juraj Slapshotsky
Quoting: Norm31
I get your point but looking into Chinakov I think he will be a stud. I think Guhle is a horrible pick. I think yes Guhle is a good defender but he is good at literally nothing else. If we wanted a dman why not get William Villenuve i the 3/4th round bc he can be great or even get Wallinder as those guys are reliable and have a high ceiling. I don't think we need Guhle considering the fact that we already have Mete, Fleury, Brook, Struble, Romanov, and Norlinder. I think we would have been better off upgrading our offence and then go for a dman next year bc next years draft is great with dman. However I agree we may need some extra dman but I just ain't a fan of Guhle's Ceiling and the way he plays.

There was no one left worth taking at that spot for the forwards. Guhle and Schneider were the best option available. Dude there was 13 forwards took before him...
Oct. 20, 2020 at 10:43 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN
Quoting: Tarlam01
There was no one left worth taking at that spot for the forwards. Guhle and Schneider were the best option available. Dude there was 13 forwards took before him...

bruh so you would rather take an at best 2nd pair dman over a potential top 6/1st line forward. That is **** logic
Oct. 20, 2020 at 10:46 p.m.
PLZ FIRE BERGEVIN

sry about swearing I just want to antagonise the moderator
Oct. 20, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
There was no one left worth taking at that spot for the forwards. Guhle and Schneider were the best option available.

Dawson Mercer?
Connor Zary?
Hendrix Lapierre?
Lukas Reichel?
Tyson Foerster?

All trash I guess?
Oct. 21, 2020 at 12:01 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
I get the folks saying he was a safe pick, and yeah the guy can end up no better than a 2nd pairing guy, but if MTL viewed all forwards picked after him as middle six forwards (maybe 2nd line or 3rd line guys), and honestly....guys like Mercer, Zary, and Reichel looked like great picks, but I don't see them projecting as 1st line players, and if Guhle can become a Brett Pecse type player (Low scoring, elite defensive skill, 20+minute a night top 4 D)....It becomes a great pick
Tarlam01 liked this.
Oct. 21, 2020 at 9:37 a.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
smh most of the guys you mentioned are either healthy scratches, career AHLers, or guys we will not sign. Top four and Romanov are the only true NHLers as of right now

And I'd argue that one of Kulak/Mete is gone by the end of this season. Anyone who is concerned about having too many prospects in a position doesn't understand drafting
Oct. 22, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
I don’t understand how this is a bad signing. Salty leafs fans? This is a good deal and a safe deal

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit