Steven Fogarty 18 0 0 0 2 -2
Scott Wilson 90 7 12 19 14 -27

Brandon Davidson 8 pts v.
Derrick Pouliot 34 pts

Steven Fogarty 0 pts
Scott Wilson 19 pts plus he has two Stanley cup rings

Matt Irwin 18 pts v.
Mark Pysyk 45 pts could also play RW

The choice should be clear who we should have signed.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,400,000
3$900,000
2$3,500,000
2$2,500,000
8$6,500,000
Trades
BUF
    No trade at all. Four players using up half the cap is not a good formula.
    CHI
      Then the fourth line consuming 1/8 of the cap, this team would go no where.
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$81,500,000$74,723,334$1,487,500$4,337,500$6,776,666
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 2
      $10,000,000$10,000,000
      C
      UFA - 6
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      C, LW
      UFA - 3
      $9,000,000$9,000,000
      LW, RW
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      $1,625,000$1,625,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      LW
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $1,400,000$1,400,000
      LW, C
      RFA - 1
      $6,000,000$6,000,000
      RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $2,200,000$2,200,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
      $700,000$700,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 2
      $1,400,000$1,400,000
      C
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Florida Panthers
      $700,000$700,000
      LW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Dallas Stars
      $750,000$750,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $2,850,000$2,850,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $3,875,000$3,875,000
      RD
      UFA - 2
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $5,400,000$5,400,000
      RD
      UFA - 2
      $3,850,000$3,850,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
      $700,000$700,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
      RD
      RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Oct. 22, 2020 at 11:23 a.m.
      Brace for the Storm
      *four players taking 1/2 of the cap isn't a good formula*

Kyle Dubas sweating nervously
      gretzkyghosts, Saskleaf, JokiStan and 1 other person liked this.
      Oct. 22, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
      Leafs Sufferer
      Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

An NHL GM sweating nervously about an opinion from someone pretending to be a GM on a website? Not likely.
      Saskleaf liked this.
      Oct. 22, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
      Go leafs go
      Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

What does this have to do with the sabres? By the way, at least they are paying good player, some teams are way worse off.
      gretzkyghosts liked this.
      Oct. 22, 2020 at 11:45 a.m.
      Brace for the Storm
      Quoting: Ritzy
      An NHL GM sweating nervously about an opinion from someone pretending to be a GM on a website? Not likely.

Quoting: Saskleaf
      What does this have to do with the sabres? By the way, at least they are paying good player, some teams are way worse off.

This is called a meme guys. I can’t send pictures on here so I had to come up with something lol
      Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69, gretzkyghosts and 1 other person liked this.
      Oct. 22, 2020 at 12:17 p.m.
      Again this nonsense. Eakin is not a replacement for Larsson, he starts in O-zone much more often and is better than Larsson in attack, Fogarty > Wilson for AHL.
      Oct. 22, 2020 at 1:45 p.m.
      Quoting: SalamiCheese
      Again this nonsense. Eakin is not a replacement for Larsson, he starts in O-zone much more often and is better than Larsson in attack, Fogarty > Wilson for AHL.

Well we can disagree.
      The statistics are in my favor.
      Larsson was had more pts than Eakin last year and if you go to howVizHome=no#3" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" target="_blank">https://public.tableau.com/views/SKATR2019-2020/SKATR?:embed=y&:display_count=y&ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3
      The comparison is even more stark.

Wilson is so much better than Fogarty, I do not know how you can make that case.
      Wilson has 2 rings, that is very important. He can provide the leadership to a young team and set an example of how to win.
      I never watched Fogarty, but Wilson has skills and hockey sense.

IMO Adams just wanted change, I also think ALL of them are a step backward.
      Time will tell, we will see how the players perform next year.
      I will be the first to tell you I am wrong if Eakin vastley outperforms Larsson.
      I know Fogarty will not come close to Wilson's production.

Again we can disagree as we are not scouts and do not have all of the facts.
      As I said, last year I was very excited with the FA players, not at all this year.
      Let me add Pouliot and Pysyk are both former first round picks.
      I like a team composed of first round picks, instead of sixth round and free agents.
      Oct. 22, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
      Edited Oct. 22, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
      Quoting: gretzkyghosts
      Well we can disagree.
      The statistics are in my favor.
      Larsson was had more pts than Eakin last year and if you go to howVizHome=no#3" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener" target="_blank">https://public.tableau.com/views/SKATR2019-2020/SKATR?:embed=y&:display_count=y&ConfusedhowVizHome=no#3
      The comparison is even more stark.

Wilson is so much better than Fogarty, I do not know how you can make that case.
      Wilson has 2 rings, that is very important. He can provide the leadership to a young team and set an example of how to win.
      I never watched Fogarty, but Wilson has skills and hockey sense.

IMO Adams just wanted change, I also think ALL of them are a step backward.
      Time will tell, we will see how the players perform next year.
      I will be the first to tell you I am wrong if Eakin vastley outperforms Larsson.
      I know Fogarty will not come close to Wilson's production.

Again we can disagree as we are not scouts and do not have all of the facts.
      As I said, last year I was very excited with the FA players, not at all this year.
      Let me add Pouliot and Pysyk are both former first round picks.
      I like a team composed of first round picks, instead of sixth round and free agents.

Wilson agree to play for 250 thousand in the AHL? Hardly. At the same time, Fogarty seems to be an excellent experienced player for young guys, at least I've heard such reviews about him.

Why are you taking only the last season of Larsson and Eakin? Why, for example, not three seasons. I said that these are completely different players in style and Eakin is not a direct replacement for Larsson. Larsson's replacement will be Lazar, Asplund or Ruotsalainen in the role of 4C, and Eakin will probably be 3C and will get starts more often in O-Zone.

Also, you probably don't even consider who Krueger wants to be on the team, because obviously Adams is signing the players that Krueger wants, since Ralph is probably a big influence on the recruiting decisions. I don't know why Larsson didn't stay in Buffalo, but apparently Krueger didn't really need him, so Buffalo showed little interest in bringing him back. You don't have to consider only metrics and statistics, but also human qualities, playstyle and other aspects.
      Oct. 23, 2020 at 9:40 a.m.
      Wilson agree to play for 250 thousand in the AHL? Hardly. At the same time, Fogarty seems to be an excellent experienced player for young guys, at least I've heard such reviews about him.
      Yes Wilson agreed to a two way contract,
      Wilson has more playoff experience, is the better player
      and most likely would bring similar leadership skills as we really do not know either of them very well.

Why are you taking only the last season of Larsson and Eakin? Why, for example, not three seasons. I said that these are completely different players in style and Eakin is not a direct replacement for Larsson. Larsson's replacement will be Lazar, Asplund or Ruotsalainen in the role of 4C, and Eakin will probably be 3C and will get starts more often in O-Zone.
      You are correct, I am only looking at last year.
      You are also correct the Eakin will get more OZ time.
      He had a lot more OZ time than Larsson last year.
      Yup and with Krueger picking the players we missed the preliminaries.
      Eight sabres had career worse seasons last year, let's see how he can destroy Eakin for the next 2 years.
      I hope Lazar, Asplund or Ruotsalainen are not Larsson replacements, none of them are nearly as skilled as he.
      I am most likely incorrect as Krueger really put together team that was destined to fail, and it did.
      I see Mittelstadt as #3 C and Eakin as #4 C.
      Adding Hall, the emergence of Olofsson, replacing Johansson with Staal, and the obvious impact that Cozens will have (yes he will be better than Reinhart)
      Let's be happy that have seven solid top forwards next year.
      I am happy with Hall and Staal, as I said his FA did nothing to excite me.
      Pouliot, Pysyk would have gotten my juices flowing as they could stepped into the NHL.
      Larsson and Wilson proved themselves already.

Also, you probably don't even consider who Krueger wants to be on the team, because obviously Adams is signing the players that Krueger wants, since Ralph is probably a big influence on the recruiting decisions. I don't know why Larsson didn't stay in Buffalo, but apparently Krueger didn't really need him, so Buffalo showed little interest in bringing him back. You don't have to consider only metrics and statistics, but also human qualities, playstyle and other aspects.
      You are correct that Krueger is has a lot to say about the roster.
      But I find it interesting that every one blames Botterill for Pilut bailing to Russia.
      I also have to wonder if Krueger wanted Frolik last year.
      But that is last year, we will see what this year brings
      Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:01 a.m.

I'm not sure if Krueger was a big influence on trades and signings last season. Therefore, it seems to me it's all on Botterill. It was Botterill who, for some reason, traded so many RDs for the team and completed the attack absolutely horribly, but Adams had already done much more for the attacking potential of the team than Botterill over these three years. Pilut left because idiot Botterill did not want to give him a one-sided contract and Botterill thought that Pilut was bluffing and would not go anywhere. As a result, Adams is now in a rather difficult position due to an overabundance of RDs and a lack of LDs, Hutton also needs to be replaced, but probably we will have too little space in the cap and you see what market is now? What can we even get for a guy like Montour or Miller? Considering the trades of Murray, Nutivaara and Schmidt. At the same time, it is still necessary to somehow replace Hutton. I quite believe that one of Lazar, Asplund and Ruotsalainen could well replace Larsson. I do not see how Mittelstadt will take the place of 3C next season, maybe he will be LW instead of Kahun, and that is unlikely. So far, I do not believe in him at all until he proves otherwise.
      Oct. 23, 2020 at 11:28 a.m.
      I'm not sure if Krueger was a big influence on trades and signings last season. Therefore, it seems to me it's all on Botterill. It was Botterill who, for some reason, traded so many RDs for the team and completed the attack absolutely horribly, but Adams had already done much more for the attacking potential of the team than Botterill over these three years. Pilut left because idiot Botterill did not want to give him a one-sided contract and Botterill thought that Pilut was bluffing and would not go anywhere. As a result, Adams is now in a rather difficult position due to an overabundance of RDs and a lack of LDs, Hutton also needs to be replaced, but probably we will have too little space in the cap and you see what market is now? What can we even get for a guy like Montour or Miller? Considering the trades of Murray, Nutivaara and Schmidt. At the same time, it is still necessary to somehow replace Hutton. I quite believe that one of Lazar, Asplund and Ruotsalainen could well replace Larsson. I do not see how Mittelstadt will take the place of 3C next season, maybe he will be LW instead of Kahun, and that is unlikely. So far, I do not believe in him at all until he proves otherwise.

Vesey, Skinner, Johansson, Kahun were all added by Botterill at almost no cost.
      Their goal total of 2018-'19 was 83, is it Botterill's fault that Krueger only got 34 goals out of the group last year.
      How is that not addressing the offense?
      I guess you missed the memo that Hall said he signed here because of Krueger, I wonder who hired him.
      Did you see the defense Botterill inherited:
      2016-17 Buffalo Sabres:
      34 Casey Nelson D 11 Rochester Americans
      67 Brady Austin D 5 Kladno
      45 Brendan Guhle D 3 San Diego Gulls
      46 Erik BurgdoerferD 2 Hershey Bears
      77 Dmitri Kulikov D 47 Winnipeg Jets
      4 Josh Gorges D 66 Out of hockey
      38 Taylor Fedun D 27 Texas Stars
      41 Justin Falk D 52 Belleville Senators
      47 Zach Bogosian D 56 Tampa Bay Lightning
      6 Cody Franson D 68 Omsk Avangard
      29 Jake McCabe D 76 Buffalo Sabres
      55 Rasmus RistolainenD 79 Buffalo Sabres

Even if one takes out Dahin, Jokiharju, Miller and Montour were great additions.

I have seem many trades trading Roslovic for Ristolainen, I laugh at those as jack is Mittelstadt.
      So yes, IMO he should be in the line up most likely as third line center

BTW, in one comment you say Krueger will decide the line up, then when you want to lambast Botterill, you say Jason made all of the decisions.

If Krueger was hired to make the team better, that is all on Botterill, because Krueger was nothing less then terrible.
      If Krueger was hired with the plan to entice Hall, who knows.
      Oct. 23, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
      Edited Oct. 23, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
      Vesey, Skinner, Johansson, Kahun were all added by Botterill at almost no cost.
      Their goal total of 2018-'19 was 83, is it Botterill's fault that Krueger only got 34 goals out of the group last year.
      How is that not addressing the offense?
      I guess you missed the memo that Hall said he signed here because of Krueger, I wonder who hired him.
      Did you see the defense Botterill inherited:
      2016-17 Buffalo Sabres:
      34 Casey Nelson D 11 Rochester Americans
      67 Brady Austin D 5 Kladno
      45 Brendan Guhle D 3 San Diego Gulls
      46 Erik BurgdoerferD 2 Hershey Bears
      77 Dmitri Kulikov D 47 Winnipeg Jets
      4 Josh Gorges D 66 Out of hockey
      38 Taylor Fedun D 27 Texas Stars
      41 Justin Falk D 52 Belleville Senators
      47 Zach Bogosian D 56 Tampa Bay Lightning
      6 Cody Franson D 68 Omsk Avangard
      29 Jake McCabe D 76 Buffalo Sabres
      55 Rasmus RistolainenD 79 Buffalo Sabres

Even if one takes out Dahin, Jokiharju, Miller and Montour were great additions.

I have seem many trades trading Roslovic for Ristolainen, I laugh at those as jack is Mittelstadt.
      So yes, IMO he should be in the line up most likely as third line center

BTW, in one comment you say Krueger will decide the line up, then when you want to lambast Botterill, you say Jason made all of the decisions.

If Krueger was hired to make the team better, that is all on Botterill, because Krueger was nothing less then terrible.
      If Krueger was hired with the plan to entice Hall, who knows.

Vesey = garbage
      Staal > Johansson
      Hall >>> Sobotka
      Sheary = garbage
      Hunwick = garbage
      Simmonds and Frolik = garbage
      Berglund = too garbage
      Kahun = good trade, but he played five games for Buffalo and that's it

Pegulas had long wanted to hire Krueger, they were only connected with Botterill by the fact that Krueger knew a little about Botterill's father.

I agree that Krueger is not perfect, but Botterill gave him an absolutely garbage roster, especially in attack + bad Hutton.

Miller makes nearly four million and was a healthy scratch in Vegas, he can't be good on PK and not so good on PP, and we already had Risto, Montour, Jokiharju and Borgen in Rochester. Look at Montour's metrics, has he been that good in recent years? The only thing that Botterill did was improve the defense a little, but I do not agree that he greatly improved it, that is, these are not very good players. Risto and McCabe were already in the team, Dahlin is definitely not Botterill's merit, he just chose him under the first number, even you and I would have dealt with it. Jokiharju is his merit and one of the best deals in three years. But in the end, we now have an overabundance of RDs and really cannot do anything about it, we do not have enough LDs and we still have a fine of one and a half million also because of Botterill, and this is with a flat cap.

The fact that under Adams our top 6 will now have Taylor Hall instead of Sobotka and Eric Staal instead of Johansson is a clear increase in the team's attacking potential. At the same time, the offseason is not over yet and there is time to try to fix the defense and goalie.

Oh yeah, I don't think Krueger had such an impact on the squad last season, because it was clear that Botterill and Krueger had no roster understanding at all, they were moving in different directions.
      Oct. 23, 2020 at 3:22 p.m.
      Vesey = garbage
      Staal > Johansson
      Hall >>> Sobotka
      Sheary = garbage
      Hunwick = garbage
      Simmonds and Frolik = garbage
      Berglund = too garbage
      Kahun = good trade, but he played five games for Buffalo and that's it

Pegulas had long wanted to hire Krueger, they were only connected with Botterill by the fact that Krueger knew a little about Botterill's father.

I agree that Krueger is not perfect, but Botterill gave him an absolutely garbage roster, especially in attack + bad Hutton.

Miller makes nearly four million and was a healthy scratch in Vegas, he can't be good on PK and not so good on PP, and we already had Risto, Montour, Jokiharju and Borgen in Rochester. Look at Montour's metrics, has he been that good in recent years? The only thing that Botterill did was improve the defense a little, but I do not agree that he greatly improved it, that is, these are not very good players. Risto and McCabe were already in the team, Dahlin is definitely not Botterill's merit, he just chose him under the first number, even you and I would have dealt with it. Jokiharju is his merit and one of the best deals in three years. But in the end, we now have an overabundance of RDs and really cannot do anything about it, we do not have enough LDs and we still have a fine of one and a half million also because of Botterill, and this is with a flat cap.

The fact that under Adams our top 6 will now have Taylor Hall instead of Sobotka and Eric Staal instead of Johansson is a clear increase in the team's attacking potential. At the same time, the offseason is not over yet and there is time to try to fix the defense and goalie.

Oh yeah, I don't think Krueger had such an impact on the squad last season, because it was clear that Botterill and Krueger had no roster understanding at all, they were moving in different directions.

You win, everything is garbage.
      Jokiharju = Garbage
      Montour = Garbage,
      Skinner = Garbage
      Cozens = Garbage
      Vesey and 17g/season = Garbage
      Dahlin = Garbage
      Kahun = Garbage
      Oct. 23, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
      Edited Oct. 23, 2020 at 6:58 p.m.
      You win, everything is garbage.
      Jokiharju = Garbage
      Montour = Garbage,
      Skinner = Garbage
      Cozens = Garbage
      Vesey and 17g/season = Garbage
      Dahlin = Garbage
      Kahun = Garbage

Well, this is simply not true, I did not say that Jokiharju and Kahun are bad and Skinner is the same, although his contract looks bad. What credit is it to Botterill that he chose Dahlin? No. Cozens is probably a good choice, although I liked Zegras better, but I'm fine with Cozens' choice.

You love metrics so much, so look at what Vesey's metrics were in the last season for the Rangers, and then show me for not being against Eakin signing. Moreover, it was previously known that Vesey did not want to play for Buffalo after college.

Our attack at Botterill:

Oloffson - Eichel - Reinhart
      Skinner - MoJo - Sobotka
      Vesey - Rodrigues/Lazar - Sheary
      Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo

If it's a playoff team attack then I'm the Danish king.

Botterill was a bad GM and this is a fact, what kind of GM Adams will be, I don't know, but for now I like him, and I will not criticize him for some small signings for Rochester that you do not like, I and Botterill for this did not criticize.
      Oct. 24, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.
      Well, this is simply not true, I did not say that Jokiharju and Kahun are bad and Skinner is the same, although his contract looks bad. What credit is it to Botterill that he chose Dahlin? No. Cozens is probably a good choice, although I liked Zegras better, but I'm fine with Cozens' choice.

You love metrics so much, so look at what Vesey's metrics were in the last season for the Rangers, and then show me for not being against Eakin signing. Moreover, it was previously known that Vesey did not want to play for Buffalo after college.

Our attack at Botterill:

Oloffson - Eichel - Reinhart
      Skinner - MoJo - Sobotka
      Vesey - Rodrigues/Lazar - Sheary
      Girgensons - Larsson - Okposo

If it's a playoff team attack then I'm the Danish king.

Botterill was a bad GM and this is a fact, what kind of GM Adams will be, I don't know, but for now I like him, and I will not criticize him for some small signings for Rochester that you do not like, I and Botterill for this did not criticize.

YUP that line up is garbage. As you said Krueger was certainly not on the same page of Botterill.
      That line up was terrible and did not make the best of the talent available.
      Let's change it around a bit.
      Olofsson - Eichel - Vesey Vesey with Jack would have exceeded his 17 goal total from the previous season.
      Skinner - Reinhart - Sheary Sam should be running his own line and with Skinner and Sheary on his wings it would have performed well.
      Johansson - Mittelstadt - Okposo Give Mittelstadt two veteran wingers and see what he could do, his 25 pts from the previous year ranked 243rd so third line production.
      Girgensons - Larsson - Rodrigues Rodrigues has the speed to make defenses cringe, Girgensons and Larsson could have dug the puck out and sent him up ice on breakaways once a game.
      This line up would have been ahead of the leafs with two good scoring lines and a decent third line and solid fourth checking line.

This team has solid young defense.
      It ranked 10th with the fewest 5 on 5 goals surrendered.

You have a short memory as you forgot just two years ago the team was in last place with terrible defensemen and only one scoring line and no third line.
      The line up I made, has two scoring lines, a decent third line and a good checking line.
      Let me add, I know Botterill made mistakes. Scandella for Frolik was about the worse ever.
      But you said, Krueger has a say in the line up under Adams, do you think Krueger told Botterill "I want Frolik"?
      Do you think Botterill has Hall in mind when he hired Krueger?
      Do you think we could make the Johansson for Staal trade if Johansson was not here?
      Krueger was a HUGE error, but if was hired to entice Hall, maybe not.
      I remember when Moulson was signed, I did not know he was good friend with Okposo and may have been signed to bring Kyle here.
      Oct. 24, 2020 at 1:37 p.m.
      YUP that line up is garbage. As you said Krueger was certainly not on the same page of Botterill.
      That line up was terrible and did not make the best of the talent available.
      Let's change it around a bit.
      Olofsson - Eichel - Vesey Vesey with Jack would have exceeded his 17 goal total from the previous season.
      Skinner - Reinhart - Sheary Sam should be running his own line and with Skinner and Sheary on his wings it would have performed well.
      Johansson - Mittelstadt - Okposo Give Mittelstadt two veteran wingers and see what he could do, his 25 pts from the previous year ranked 243rd so third line production.
      Girgensons - Larsson - Rodrigues Rodrigues has the speed to make defenses cringe, Girgensons and Larsson could have dug the puck out and sent him up ice on breakaways once a game.
      This line up would have been ahead of the leafs with two good scoring lines and a decent third line and solid fourth checking line.

This team has solid young defense.
      It ranked 10th with the fewest 5 on 5 goals surrendered.

You have a short memory as you forgot just two years ago the team was in last place with terrible defensemen and only one scoring line and no third line.
      The line up I made, has two scoring lines, a decent third line and a good checking line.
      Let me add, I know Botterill made mistakes. Scandella for Frolik was about the worse ever.
      But you said, Krueger has a say in the line up under Adams, do you think Krueger told Botterill "I want Frolik"?
      Do you think Botterill has Hall in mind when he hired Krueger?
      Do you think we could make the Johansson for Staal trade if Johansson was not here?
      Krueger was a HUGE error, but if was hired to entice Hall, maybe not.
      I remember when Moulson was signed, I did not know he was good friend with Okposo and may have been signed to bring Kyle here.

Do not change the lines, nothing will work. Olofsson with Vesey on Jack's wings would have been awful, he couldn't have had such a strong season. Reinhart hasn't played in the center for many years and it seems to me it's not about the coaches, but about Reinhart himself, apparently he just doesn't want to play there. Mittelstadt is not ready for the NHL, Krueger gave him a chance and Casey was terrible, everyone saw it except you, he is not an NHL player, especially in the center. The defense has improved, but a couple of years ago we had Eichel, Reinhart, ROR and Kane, I guess I don’t need to remind one of the worst deals in Buffalo history in the face of ROR to a pile of trash. Botterill sucks, and almost everyone saw it too.
      Oct. 24, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.
      Do not change the lines, nothing will work. Olofsson with Vesey on Jack's wings would have been awful, he couldn't have had such a strong season. Reinhart hasn't played in the center for many years and it seems to me it's not about the coaches, but about Reinhart himself, apparently he just doesn't want to play there. Mittelstadt is not ready for the NHL, Krueger gave him a chance and Casey was terrible, everyone saw it except you, he is not an NHL player, especially in the center. The defense has improved, but a couple of years ago we had Eichel, Reinhart, ROR and Kane, I guess I don’t need to remind one of the worst deals in Buffalo history in the face of ROR to a pile of trash. Botterill sucks, and almost everyone saw it too.

Sobotka is gone, much less on the second line, HUGE IMPROVEMENT.
      Skinner has someone who can actually pass him the puck, HUGE IMPROVEMENT.
      Mittelstadt WAS NOT TERRIBLE. did you miss that his 25 pts ranked among third line production, playing with third line wingers and only getting third line minutes.
      Among all forwards who played over 30 games ONLY Pominville and Thompson got less ice time than he.
      That is NOT a bust for a young player. So yes with better wingers he WOULD HAVE produced this past year.
      O'Reilly, Kane and Lehner led the team to last place over all and getting Dahlin.
      O'Reilly begged to be traded.
      Did you ever listen to O'Reilly's entire interview?
      https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-oreilly-deserves-respect-not-accusations/
      listen at 1:54, 3:00, 4:58 and 5:08 lost his love of the game. We were lucky to get a bucket of pucks after this interview.
      Did you remember that STL was in last place until Binnington joined the Blues?
      Did you ever read an analysis of the trade directly after the trade: https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/07/01/trade-blues-spend-big-to-get-ryan-oreilly-from-sabres/
      Only after the trade he had a "spark" https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ryan-oreilly-trade-blues-spark-now/
      I watched the Blues in the playoffs this year and last year, if O'Reilly played with that high of intensity the Sabres would never have traded him and the team would have made the playoffs at least one of the years he was here.
      He led us to last place in the Atlantic, then the last place in the league.
      Oct. 24, 2020 at 5:08 p.m.
      Sobotka is gone, much less on the second line, HUGE IMPROVEMENT.
      Skinner has someone who can actually pass him the puck, HUGE IMPROVEMENT.
      Mittelstadt WAS NOT TERRIBLE. did you miss that his 25 pts ranked among third line production, playing with third line wingers and only getting third line minutes.
      Among all forwards who played over 30 games ONLY Pominville and Thompson got less ice time than he.
      That is NOT a bust for a young player. So yes with better wingers he WOULD HAVE produced this past year.
      O'Reilly, Kane and Lehner led the team to last place over all and getting Dahlin.
      O'Reilly begged to be traded.
      Did you ever listen to O'Reilly's entire interview?
      https://thehockeywriters.com/sabres-oreilly-deserves-respect-not-accusations/
      listen at 1:54, 3:00, 4:58 and 5:08 lost his love of the game. We were lucky to get a bucket of pucks after this interview.
      Did you remember that STL was in last place until Binnington joined the Blues?
      Did you ever read an analysis of the trade directly after the trade: https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/07/01/trade-blues-spend-big-to-get-ryan-oreilly-from-sabres/
      Only after the trade he had a "spark" https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ryan-oreilly-trade-blues-spark-now/
      I watched the Blues in the playoffs this year and last year, if O'Reilly played with that high of intensity the Sabres would never have traded him and the team would have made the playoffs at least one of the years he was here.
      He led us to last place in the Atlantic, then the last place in the league.

There is no Sobotka, but Botterill trade for him in ROR's terrible trade.

It's not that Botterill traded ROR, it's what he traded it for, mostly for a bunch of garbage. Botterill had a good offer from Carolina for ROR, where the package included Lindholm and Hanifin, but it probably didn't work out because of the bonus. Therefore, Botterill had an offer from Montreal, where Bergevin offered Danault, Poehling and two second rounds, but Botterill chose the worst option and got a lot of garbage in trade and not the best prospect.

Mittesltadt was not ready for the NHL, why is everyone seeing this except you? He played with Reinhart and Sheary in the 18-19 season, are these such bad wingers for Mittelstadt? Last season he was terrible, I don’t understand how you don’t see it. Confused
      Oct. 24, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
      There is no Sobotka, but Botterill trade for him in ROR's terrible trade.

It's not that Botterill traded ROR, it's what he traded it for, mostly for a bunch of garbage. Botterill had a good offer from Carolina for ROR, where the package included Lindholm and Hanifin, but it probably didn't work out because of the bonus. Therefore, Botterill had an offer from Montreal, where Bergevin offered Danault, Poehling and two second rounds, but Botterill chose the worst option and got a lot of garbage in trade and not the best prospect.

Mittesltadt was not ready for the NHL, why is everyone seeing this except you? He played with Reinhart and Sheary in the 18-19 season, are these such bad wingers for Mittelstadt? Last season he was terrible, I don’t understand how you don’t see it. Confused

IDK about those trades but I will accept your assessment.
      But earlier you said Sheary was garbage ("Sheary = garbage") now you are telling me he is a good winger. Will you please make up your mind!
      In an earlier post you said "Do not change the lines, nothing will work." so Skinner not playing with Eichel had nothing to do with Jeff having an off year.
      Please be consistent, very hard to hit a moving target.
      BTW Reinhart was a line mate of Mittelstadt about 17%.
      Tage Thompson 18%
      Rodrigues 12%
      Sheary 44%
      Scott Wilson 6%
      As I said third line players and fourth line minutes.
      Oct. 24, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
      IDK about those trades but I will accept your assessment.
      But earlier you said Sheary was garbage ("Sheary = garbage") now you are telling me he is a good winger. Will you please make up your mind!
      In an earlier post you said "Do not change the lines, nothing will work." so Skinner not playing with Eichel had nothing to do with Jeff having an off year.
      Please be consistent, very hard to hit a moving target.
      BTW Reinhart was a line mate of Mittelstadt about 17%.
      Tage Thompson 18%
      Rodrigues 12%
      Sheary 44%
      Scott Wilson 6%
      As I said third line players and fourth line minutes.

Sheary is garbage, but Reinhart is not. Sheary is a one-dimensional third row winger, but still not an AHL player. Have you seen in what physical form Mittelstadt? Have you seen what he does? Why doesn't this young man want to work on himself? When he played in the NHL, he simply did not keep up with this league, until he can be a normal center at the NHL level, because he absolutely cannot play a two-way game, he needs to work hard, he must have a high work ethic to to achieve something, he has to do well in camp in order to grab the opportunity to play in the NHL. And it doesn't even matter what kind of partners he will have, he needs to work on his skills. So far, all I've seen is that Casey is interested in playing Fortnite and eating burgers.
      Oct. 25, 2020 at 8:26 a.m.
      Sheary is garbage, but Reinhart is not. Sheary is a one-dimensional third row winger, but still not an AHL player. Have you seen in what physical form Mittelstadt? Have you seen what he does? Why doesn't this young man want to work on himself? When he played in the NHL, he simply did not keep up with this league, until he can be a normal center at the NHL level, because he absolutely cannot play a two-way game, he needs to work hard, he must have a high work ethic to to achieve something, he has to do well in camp in order to grab the opportunity to play in the NHL. And it doesn't even matter what kind of partners he will have, he needs to work on his skills. So far, all I've seen is that Casey is interested in playing Fortnite and eating burgers.

You proved my point.
      Mittelstadt played 4th line minute, with primarily 3rd line players and produced 3rd line pts in the only full season he played in the NHL 2018-'19.
      From where are you reading that he is not bulking up?
      I have searched the internet and cannot find any corroboration of this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll