SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

Which one do you prefer? WJC or Stanley Cup Playoffs?

WJC vs SCP
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 22, 2020 at 10:50 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
For the record, I'm with the WJC all day long. To me, nothing beats the feeling of sitting in my living room on Boxing Day and seeing team Canada open its tournament
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 22, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
Go leafs go
I can't decide. So I won't vote. It's too close.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 8:55 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Definitely the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Usually there’s at least 1 team that I really want to win like Washington in 2016 and 2018. When the habs are in it it’s really special, and nothing can compare to the feeling I get when I’m watching a habs playoff game.

And the World Juniors are always really good (much better than the World Championships), but I’m usually mostly cheering for the handful of habs prospects that are involved. I still cheer for Canada, but it’s not anywhere close to how nervous or excited I feel when the habs are in the playoffs. It might be a bit of winning fatigue, because Canada wins so often and usually has the best roster on paper, that eventually winning doesn’t mean as much anymore. For example, in 2019 the excitement in Finland about the gold medal was amazing, and no win by Canada could come close to that.

I also feel like part of it is the 82 game build up to the playoffs, rather than just 7 games to decide the whole thing.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
Ban Price trades
World Juniors for me. Playoff hockey is good hockey, but I've only been able to properly immerse myself in it once since 2006. Might have more to do with my poor choice of team growing up though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit