LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RD
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:14 a.m.
    Banned
    every team declines.

TB is screwed.
    Teams right now are working on signing their RFAs. When teams are done with that they will worry about making trades with TB. The problem is, no one is going to have any cap room.
    Teams that do, aren't just giving it away, given the economics of it, most teams are on internal caps and simply not looking to spend it.

I think the TB plan, is to let other teams spend their cap and then tell their RFAs this is the best we can do in hopes that they can't do no better anywhere else given teams cap.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:16 a.m.
    Quoting: pharrow
    every team declines.

TB is screwed.
    Teams right now are working on signing their RFAs. When teams are done with that they will worry about making trades with TB. The problem is, no one is going to have any cap room.
    Teams that do, aren't just giving it away, given the economics of it, most teams are on internal caps and simply not looking to spend it.

I think the TB plan, is to let other teams spend their cap and then tell their RFAs this is the best we can do in hopes that they can't do no better anywhere else given teams cap.

Winnipeg takes that deal and runs. They’ll figure out the cap by burying Beaulieu and Perrault.
    villenash, FloppyBiscuit, masterjuddi and 1 other person liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.
    I think NJD considers the deal, NSH rejects the deal, and WPG agrees to the deal.
    masterjuddi and FloppyBiscuit liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:21 a.m.
    every team declines.

TB is screwed.

The jets would say yes for sure
    Banned
    Quoting: KPasty
    Winnipeg takes that deal and runs. They’ll figure out the cap by burying Beaulieu and Perrault.

doubtful. They could offersheet him and pay less.
    TB has no leverage to match here.
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: villenash
    I think NJD considers the deal, NSH rejects the deal, and WPG agrees to the deal.

NJ should just take that deal without consideration imo, the Jets would be insane not to make that trade if that's all it took to land Sergachev, can't see Tampa letting Sergachev go that cheaply though.
    FloppyBiscuit liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:24 a.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    every team declines.

TB is screwed.

Chevy would be insane to not make that trade for Sergachev though he likes plugs(Copp) and holding onto draft picks to see if that kid he selects is going to pan out in three to four years so maybe he wouldn't take that deal.. Lol
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:24 a.m.
    Maybe that’s what they’re hoping to do. But I can’t possibly see Serg and Cirelli taking league min contracts to stay even with the belief that guys will take pay cuts.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:26 a.m.
    Banned
    That's a joke of an offer for Mikhail Sergachev, If both Killorn and Johnson get traded then Sergachev isn't going anywhere. Copp Niku and 2 2nds isn't anywhere near enough for Sergachev.
    MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:29 a.m.
    doubtful. They could offersheet him and pay less.
    TB has no leverage to match here.

He would have to sign the offersheet though. this way they have his rights and he has no leverage
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:31 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    Chevy would be insane to not make that trade for Sergachev though he likes plugs(Copp) and holding onto draft picks to see if that kid he selects is going to pan out in three to four years so maybe he wouldn't take that deal.. Lol

he's not going to make more than 4.3 on a deal. TB can't match. They can get him for a 2nd. The only cap they shed is Copp. A 1 year 2.2 mil deal, that isn't hard to shed. He's still a capable player, they can move that without it costing anything.
    So what you have here is an over pay. And not one I see the Jets making.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:32 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: masterjuddi
    He would have to sign the offersheet though. this way they have his rights and he has no leverage

I'm sure if your choices are basically nothing here in TB and 4.3 million in WPG, the "he'd have to sign it" is pretty meaning less.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:35 a.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    he's not going to make more than 4.3 on a deal. TB can't match. They can get him for a 2nd. The only cap they shed is Copp. A 1 year 2.2 mil deal, that isn't hard to shed. He's still a capable player, they can move that without it costing anything.
    So what you have here is an over pay. And not one I see the Jets making.

Its not though, Copp is so very overrated, Toews went for two 2nds, this is that trade with a couple extras that don't have a lot of value thrown in and if you're comparing it to an offersheet you shouldn't cause Sergachev isn't signing an offersheet with the Jets.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:57 a.m.

Chevy traded his first rounder twice in consecutive years for Stastny and Hayes (got Hayes back by shipping Trouba)
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:59 a.m.
    Quoting: masterjuddi

exactly, premise is, why would he sign an offer sheet to go from possibly the warmest market to the coldest market.
    if he refuses, then Winnipeg has no control.

trading for his rights, gives winnipeg the control in negotiations.
    masterjuddi and KPasty liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 11:10 a.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: KMMHL2012
    Chevy traded his first rounder twice in consecutive years for Stastny and Hayes (got Hayes back by shipping Trouba)

Yeah I know, what is your point?
    masterjuddi liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
    Banned
    Its not though, Copp is so very overrated, Toews went for two 2nds, this is that trade with a couple extras that don't have a lot of value thrown in and if you're comparing it to an offersheet you shouldn't cause Sergachev isn't signing an offersheet with the Jets.

yeah sure thing there agent.

When TB is like sorry we have no cap....but WPG or any other team is offering him 4.3 million. He's gonna be gone out the door.
    Your logic is so flawed it's not even funny.
    If any team wanted him all they have to do is OS. They don't have to work a trade for him. They simply force you into signing him. You are in no position to sign all 3.
    Hell you are the kind of fan who went around saying "we can easily dump Johnson." You couldn't even give him away for free on waivers. No one was touching that contract.
    But you laughably think you got room to negotiate on anything.
    Like I said. Teams right now are working on their RFAs. When that's done the amount of money on the pot is going to be slim to none. Don't expect many ways to dump camp here in TB. Any team is looking at what you are offering for these players and saying, I can just OS who I want.
    Believe me when you want a 4th to dump Kilorn and are only paying Cirelli 4.5, teams will gladly so no thanks, and then offer Cirelli 4.3 when TB can't match.

Teams who have any cap space right now after their RFAs are done, are going to want payment in form of 1st round picks + to dump these long over bloated contracts on guys who aren't that good. AKA Johnson, Gourde, even Kilorn. who;s the best of the bunch but is 31, at 4.5 mil and has 3 seasons left.

Your coop is over rated argument doesn't even matter. He's 1/2 the cap hit and 1 year.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 1:44 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    yeah sure thing there agent.

When TB is like sorry we have no cap....but WPG or any other team is offering him 4.3 million. He's gonna be gone out the door.
    Your logic is so flawed it's not even funny.
    If any team wanted him all they have to do is OS. They don't have to work a trade for him. They simply force you into signing him. You are in no position to sign all 3.
    Hell you are the kind of fan who went around saying "we can easily dump Johnson." You couldn't even give him away for free on waivers. No one was touching that contract.
    But you laughably think you got room to negotiate on anything.
    Like I said. Teams right now are working on their RFAs. When that's done the amount of money on the pot is going to be slim to none. Don't expect many ways to dump camp here in TB. Any team is looking at what you are offering for these players and saying, I can just OS who I want.
    Believe me when you want a 4th to dump Kilorn and are only paying Cirelli 4.5, teams will gladly so no thanks, and then offer Cirelli 4.3 when TB can't match.

Teams who have any cap space right now after their RFAs are done, are going to want payment in form of 1st round picks + to dump these long over bloated contracts on guys who aren't that good. AKA Johnson, Gourde, even Kilorn. who;s the best of the bunch but is 31, at 4.5 mil and has 3 seasons left.

Your coop is over rated argument doesn't even matter. He's 1/2 the cap hit and 1 year.

I'm not a Lightning fan and never said that about Johnson.

Maybe Sergachev would sign an offersheet from another team but guys don't want to sign in Winnipeg, it's just a reality so if you trade for his rights then there's no offersheet necessary.

Also the Jets don't actually have much cap space right now until Little goes on LTIR which I'm not totally sure but I don't think that can happen until the season actually starts so unless the Jets can send some money/cap out elsewhere they couldn't offersheet Sergachev anyway.

I was just commenting from a Jets perspective, perhaps another team could offersheet Sergachev but that wasn't what my comment was about.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 1:49 p.m.
    Banned
    I'm not a Lightning fan and never said that about Johnson.

Maybe Sergachev would sign an offersheet from another team but guys don't want to sign in Winnipeg, it's just a reality so if you trade for his rights then there's no offersheet necessary.

Also the Jets don't actually have much cap space right now until Little goes on LTIR which I'm not totally sure but I don't think that can happen until the season actually starts so unless the Jets can send some money/cap out elsewhere they couldn't offersheet Sergachev anyway.

I was just commenting from a Jets perspective, perhaps another team could offersheet Sergachev but that wasn't what my comment was about.

people said the same thing about Ottawa.....but when that's where the money was, off Dadanov went.
    When TB offers him 2 million per because they have no cap. and WPG offers him 4.3....he's gone.
    That's all I'm telling you. And because of that, there is no need to give up an arm and a leg for him. If anything, the real question in TB is, are these RFA worth what it costs them to give up to sign then. Because they only way they move cap right now, is by adding picks to those players. So the true cost of TB signing anyone is not only the cap hit, but the 1st round pick that goes with it.

They should have moved way earlier. They didn't. They are running out of time. Less places to dump camp now because every other team beat them to it.
    MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    people said the same thing about Ottawa.....but when that's where the money was, off Dadanov went.
    When TB offers him 2 million per because they have no cap. and WPG offers him 4.3....he's gone.
    That's all I'm telling you. And because of that, there is no need to give up an arm and a leg for him. If anything, the real question in TB is, are these RFA worth what it costs them to give up to sign then. Because they only way they move cap right now, is by adding picks to those players. So the true cost of TB signing anyone is not only the cap hit, but the 1st round pick that goes with it.

They should have moved way earlier. They didn't. They are running out of time. Less places to dump camp now because every other team beat them to it.

I think Brisebois mistake was trying to move who he wanted to move in Johnson rather than the guys that teams might of wanted like Palat and Killorn, will be interesting to see how it plays out there now. He should of been logical and knew no one would want Gourde or Johnson, if Palat gives them a list of teams he'd go to there's a good chance he'd traded already.

Offersheets just don't happen often, maybe this is the year idk but many GM's just seem super risk averse, the Jets GM being one of the most risk averse.

I won't be surprised if there's some LTIR maneuvering done in Tampa with Stamkos to get their RFAs signed and get the Lightning cap compliant.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 4:04 p.m.
    Yeah I know, what is your point?

oh, yeah reading is hard, i forgot, here's the context for you.

1: dude says Chevy likes holding picks
    2: I demonstrate he doesn't like holding picks
    3: you get confused.
    4: i have to explain it in point form

so, the claim was patently false, as Chevy consistently trades picks rather than roster players

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Kevin_Cheveldayoff/94
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
    Banned
    I think Brisebois mistake was trying to move who he wanted to move in Johnson rather than the guys that teams might of wanted like Palat and Killorn, will be interesting to see how it plays out there now. He should of been logical and knew no one would want Gourde or Johnson, if Palat gives them a list of teams he'd go to there's a good chance he'd traded already.

Offersheets just don't happen often, maybe this is the year idk but many GM's just seem super risk averse, the Jets GM being one of the most risk averse.

I won't be surprised if there's some LTIR maneuvering done in Tampa with Stamkos to get their RFAs signed and get the Lightning cap compliant.

see here is my thing on the OS. I don't see any team helping. And the NHL will void anything over the cap. All teams have to do is sit back and wait. They might not even have to OS.
    There are few teams with cap. Most are on internal caps due to no income. Take OTT, do you see them spending. I don't. Same with NJ and BUF.

So if they can't create space, these guys are gonna become FA. So it's really not in TB court. Which is the whole point. If a team is taking those on, they are gonna charge an arm and a leg. As they should.
    I know I would. I just don't think TB will view it as being worth it in the end. If they have to give up a 1st + to move every contract to make room. At what point do you say not worth it. It's like they are basically offer sheeting their own players. Considering they have to move what 2-3 guys.
    So I'm not worried about the whole OS taboo thing here. Teams don't really have to OS. They can simply leave them hanging and wait for a gift.
    If you are on the other side of that, having cap space willing to make a move. You can basically get away with bloody murder.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    oh, yeah reading is hard, i forgot, here's the context for you.

1: dude says Chevy likes holding picks
    2: I demonstrate he doesn't like holding picks
    3: you get confused.
    4: i have to explain it in point form

so, the claim was patently false, as Chevy consistently trades picks rather than roster players

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/trade_list_by_GM/Kevin_Cheveldayoff/94

Ah sorry, phrased that wrong, should of said he prefers to trade good picks like 1sts for rentals
    (see Stastny/Hayes trades for example), quality players with term or RFA status like Sergachev he rarely seems to trade for which as a fan I find really frustrating.

I wish Chevy would make a trade like this but his track record says he likely won't, yeah I know he's traded picks for RFA's like Morrow and Beaulieu but those guys weren't Sergachev level talents.
    CallingOutHomers liked this.
    Oct. 23, 2020 at 6:12 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    see here is my thing on the OS. I don't see any team helping. And the NHL will void anything over the cap. All teams have to do is sit back and wait. They might not even have to OS.
    There are few teams with cap. Most are on internal caps due to no income. Take OTT, do you see them spending. I don't. Same with NJ and BUF.

So if they can't create space, these guys are gonna become FA. So it's really not in TB court. Which is the whole point. If a team is taking those on, they are gonna charge an arm and a leg. As they should.
    I know I would. I just don't think TB will view it as being worth it in the end. If they have to give up a 1st + to move every contract to make room. At what point do you say not worth it. It's like they are basically offer sheeting their own players. Considering they have to move what 2-3 guys.
    So I'm not worried about the whole OS taboo thing here. Teams don't really have to OS. They can simply leave them hanging and wait for a gift.
    If you are on the other side of that, having cap space willing to make a move. You can basically get away with bloody murder.

Maybe they don't want to help Tampa but I didn't think Detroit got enough for helping the Rangers with Staal, the Jets didn't give much for Stastny but it could be argued he was a cap dump and the Devils gave up pretty much nothing for Johnsson but who knows what he is away from the likes of Matthews, Marner, etc, really thought those GM's weren't ruthless enough in those deals.
    But as cap space gets even tighter then it was to start yeah its gonna get more difficult for TB, I'm sure part of it is that they did just win the cup and no GM's want to be seen as helping out the champions so I can see your point about TB being stuck but I just don't see them letting these RFA'S go for nothing, gotta think they'll figure something out, maybe they use one of them to dump Johnson? Would be interesting to know which teams Johnson said he'd be willing to go to if Tampa could work out a trade, wonder if it was teams he knew would have no interest in him or ones that were very stuck with their own cap issues.

Whatever they do something has to give eventually, same with the Islanders, like I said in another comment I won't be surprised if there's some LTIR shenanigans used by the Lightning to get cap compliant.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll