Forums/Armchair-GM

Im not a Habs fan

Created by: sensibleguy
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 23, 2020
Published: Oct. 23, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Did I do as well as your Senators armchair GM team?
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$75,762,499$0$3,207,500$5,737,501
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$726,667$726,667
LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$7,575,000$7,575,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$710,000$710,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 23, 2020 at 8:45 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
youre gonna have to offer something good for DeBrincat. Bowman probably starts that conversation at Caufield.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 8:54 p.m.
No thanks... To all of it.
GMs liked this.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.
Pretty bad for the Habs
Only CHI reject from their side too
LumberJacques liked this.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.
OTT accepts in a second lol
sensibleguy liked this.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 9:26 p.m.
Serf
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
youre gonna have to offer something good for DeBrincat. Bowman probably starts that conversation at Caufield.

Sure, swap him in for Lehkonen, so it’s Caufield, Poehling, and Toffoli going to Chi.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
Serf
@HabsFan9 here’s my upgrades for your team
Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:06 p.m.
Quoting: sensibleguy
Sure, swap him in for Lehkonen, so it’s Caufield, Poehling, and Toffoli going to Chi.

That's easy for a Sens fan to say why don't you offer Chabot + Dadanov + Tkachuk for Debrincat?
sensibleguy liked this.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
@HabsFan9 here’s my upgrades for your team

Well, the Bolts and Hawks trades are totally in favour of the Habs. Great job!
sensibleguy liked this.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:22 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan9
Well, the Bolts and Hawks trades are totally in favour of the Habs. Great job!

Gourde isn't anything better than Drouin.... both are overhyped because of the team they are/were on.

The hawks trade benefits Montreal as they get the best player in the deal, but the whole point of Toffoli and Anderson being signed was they needed some size and goal scoring to be contributed from the wing.

and that Minny trade is straight up awful, Spurgeon is good and younger, but Zucc has basically disappeared the past season, and size again.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
Habs_fan
None of these trades make the Habs better. All crap trades
sensibleguy and Campabee liked this.
Oct. 23, 2020 at 11:51 p.m.
Serf
Quoting: KMMHL2012
Gourde isn't anything better than Drouin.... both are overhyped because of the team they are/were on.

The hawks trade benefits Montreal as they get the best player in the deal, but the whole point of Toffoli and Anderson being signed was they needed some size and goal scoring to be contributed from the wing.

and that Minny trade is straight up awful, Spurgeon is good and younger, but Zucc has basically disappeared the past season, and size again.

That was the objective, get smaller

Edit: but I did get you guys Parker Kelly
Oct. 24, 2020 at 12:36 a.m.
Serf
Quoting: Campabee
That's easy for a Sens fan to say why don't you offer Chabot + Dadanov + Tkachuk for Debrincat?

That was the point, make trades both sides thought they were giving too much, except for Ottawa, that was just to get back under the cap with their scrubs.

I read trade after trade where people want to get rid of their crap players, so they trade them to Ottawa, then come up with the most ridiculous reasons why it’s a good trade for Ottawa, and Ottawa should actually give more. The Sens don’t want Paul Byron, they don’t want Andreas Johnsson, or Andrew Ladd, Loui Eriksson, Derek Ryan, or any other has been or never was. Kris Russell can stay where he is, Tyler Johnson, Alexander Kerfoot, Mathieu Perreault, or whoever Sami Niku is. They especially don’t want some guy named Nikita Tryamkin. People add these names to trades thinking they’re increasing the value, but they’re not.
Oct. 24, 2020 at 12:48 a.m.
That was the point, make trades both sides thought they were giving too much, except for Ottawa, that was just to get back under the cap with their scrubs.

I read trade after trade where people want to get rid of their crap players, so they trade them to Ottawa, then come up with the most ridiculous reasons why it’s a good trade for Ottawa, and Ottawa should actually give more. The Sens don’t want Paul Byron, they don’t want Andreas Johnsson, or Andrew Ladd, Loui Eriksson, Derek Ryan, or any other has been or never was. Kris Russell can stay where he is, Tyler Johnson, Alexander Kerfoot, Mathieu Perreault, or whoever Sami Niku is. They especially don’t want some guy named Nikita Tryamkin. People add these names to trades thinking they’re increasing the value, but they’re not.

LMAO obviously you know little about hockey when you start posting crap like this! Byron still has quite a bit of value among NHL GM's. Same goes for Kerfoot and Johnson (the only 2 reasons he wasn't claimed off waivers was 1. Teams are waiting for a better player to become available from Tampa as they are going to have to move some good players or risk not being allowed to play next season. 2. He is overpaid and with a flat cap teams need to save money). Also Niku is one of the better defense prospects in the league and seeing as you didn't know that is proof in itself you are an ignorant fool!
Oct. 24, 2020 at 2:25 a.m.

Chabot, Tkachuk, Dadonov is 5 times Toffoli, Caufield, and Poehling.

Also we don’t want Toffoli. And also you guys just signed him so we aren’t interested in giving up assets for your latest UFA signing.

Debrincat has a lot more value then Caufield because you hope that Caufield turns into Debrincat and you have to factor in the risk that he doesn’t.
Oct. 24, 2020 at 7:24 a.m.

Of course Ottawa doesn't want them, because Melnyk doesn't want to pay anybody.

All those players being traded there aren't more than depth players, which is why they serve as a move being done, my presumption is that people ship to Ottawa solely because they have cap room, I usually just gloss over it as a "trade it anywhere for anything" rather than assuming that Ottawa legitimately wants these players.

As a habs fan, I watch the Mantha, Laine, and now Kane trades and everyone is "it's Suzuki, Caufield +++" get out of here, none of that is happening, this is the internet, where people literally come and know nothing about being a GM, and most people are homers and overvalue all of their players.

take everything here with a grain of salt.. or just add those idiots to the ignore list.
sensibleguy and Campabee liked this.
Oct. 24, 2020 at 11:03 a.m.
Serf
Quoting: KMMHL2012
Of course Ottawa doesn't want them, because Melnyk doesn't want to pay anybody.

All those players being traded there aren't more than depth players, which is why they serve as a move being done, my presumption is that people ship to Ottawa solely because they have cap room, I usually just gloss over it as a "trade it anywhere for anything" rather than assuming that Ottawa legitimately wants these players.

As a habs fan, I watch the Mantha, Laine, and now Kane trades and everyone is "it's Suzuki, Caufield +++" get out of here, none of that is happening, this is the internet, where people literally come and know nothing about being a GM, and most people are homers and overvalue all of their players.

take everything here with a grain of salt.. or just add those idiots to the ignore list.

You’re right some just pick Ottawa out of a hat, but then there’s others who give laughable reasons it’s a great trade, those are the ones I’m referring to.
CallingOutHomers liked this.
Oct. 24, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
Serf
LMAO obviously you know little about hockey when you start posting crap like this! Byron still has quite a bit of value among NHL GM's. Same goes for Kerfoot and Johnson (the only 2 reasons he wasn't claimed off waivers was 1. Teams are waiting for a better player to become available from Tampa as they are going to have to move some good players or risk not being allowed to play next season. 2. He is overpaid and with a flat cap teams need to save money). Also Niku is one of the better defense prospects in the league and seeing as you didn't know that is proof in itself you are an ignorant fool!

This is just rhetoric, utter nonsense.
Oct. 24, 2020 at 2:36 p.m.
Serf
Also Niku is one of the better defense prospects in the league and seeing as you didn't know that is proof in itself you are an ignorant fool!

This is just annoying

Okay, if 2015 7th round pick, Sami Niku, is one of the better defence prospects, In The League, then he’d be a top defence prospect in Winnipeg. He’d be rated above players like;
Ville Heinola (1st)
Dylan Samberg (2nd)
Declan Chisholm (5th)
Leon Gawanke (5th)
Simon Lundmark 2nd)

And easily be as good as Ottawa’s defence prospects;
Jake Sanderson (1st 2020)
Lassi Thomson (1st 2019)
Jacob Bernard-Docker (1st 2018)
Erik Brannstrom (1st 2017 Vegas)

Ignorant fool sounds appropriate
Oct. 24, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.
This is just annoying

Okay, if 2015 7th round pick, Sami Niku, is one of the better defence prospects, In The League, then he’d be a top defence prospect in Winnipeg. He’d be rated above players like;
Ville Heinola (1st)
Dylan Samberg (2nd)
Declan Chisholm (5th)
Leon Gawanke (5th)
Simon Lundmark 2nd)

And easily be as good as Ottawa’s defence prospects;
Lassi Thomson (1st 2019)

Ignorant fool sounds appropriate

Niku would be between Chisholm and Gawanke for the Jets and Tomson and Bernard-Docker for the Sens so yeah one of the better defensive prospects
Oct. 25, 2020 at 5:54 p.m.
Serf
Niku would be between Chisholm and Gawanke for the Jets and Tomson and Bernard-Docker for the Sens so yeah one of the better defensive prospects

This list of Wpg defence prospects came from the Oct 17th article
https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-top-10-prospects-2020-21/

Ville Heinola (1st)
Dylan Samberg (2nd)
Declan Chisholm (5th)
Leon Gawanke (5th)
Simon Lundmark 2nd)

It isn't my list, and was just meant to show that Niku wasn't included

The Ottawa Senators defence prospects list isn't even a ranking, it's a chronological order of recent 1st round picks

Lassi Thomson (1st 2019)

After reading your comments again, I've softened my response to you as I believe you are a minor. When we comment back and forth here, we sometimes forget that there are kids here too. A word of advice. when commenting in an adult conversation, If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, add a sound argument as to why your opinion has merit. If you just Insult other people's intelligence as your argument for why your opinion has more merit, that is only going to have a negative effect.
Oct. 25, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
This list of Wpg defence prospects came from the Oct 17th article
https://thehockeywriters.com/winnipeg-jets-top-10-prospects-2020-21/

Ville Heinola (1st)
Dylan Samberg (2nd)
Declan Chisholm (5th)
Leon Gawanke (5th)
Simon Lundmark 2nd)

It isn't my list, and was just meant to show that Niku wasn't included

The Ottawa Senators defence prospects list isn't even a ranking, it's a chronological order of recent 1st round picks

Lassi Thomson (1st 2019)

After reading your comments again, I've softened my response to you as I believe you are a minor. When we comment back and forth here, we sometimes forget that there are kids here too. A word of advice. when commenting in an adult conversation, If you want your opinions to be taken seriously, add a sound argument as to why your opinion has merit. If you just Insult other people's intelligence as your argument for why your opinion has more merit, that is only going to have a negative effect.

LMAO, love how you try to turn this around on me. Your the one who posted a TROLL thread and takes offense to getting trolled back! BTW I am no minor, we are probably closer to the same age than you realize. I am 42 LOL.
Oct. 25, 2020 at 7:08 p.m.
Serf
LMAO, love how you try to turn this around on me. Your the one who posted a TROLL thread and takes offense to getting trolled back! BTW I am no minor, we are probably closer to the same age than you realize. I am 42 LOL.

I'm sorry but that doesn't reflect well on you.

BTW, my thread was a joke in response to a habs fan thread. I merely wondered if I could do as well trading his teams players as he did mine. He suggested I try, so I did. It was all in fun.

Don't let your ego get bruised so easily, this is all for fun.
Oct. 25, 2020 at 7:42 p.m.
I'm sorry but that doesn't reflect well on you.

BTW, my thread was a joke in response to a habs fan thread. I merely wondered if I could do as well trading his teams players as he did mine. He suggested I try, so I did. It was all in fun.

Don't let your ego get bruised so easily, this is all for fun.

LMAO YOU ARE the one who is whining and B****ing about my suggesting you put up Chabot + Dadanov + Tkachuk instead. Again you post a TROLL and don't like when someone has a negative comment about it. You are the one with the princess ego here LMAO. Remember this whole thread is about some Nancy's response to a bunch of threads trading depth players to her team that she didn't like! Right princess Nancy.
Oct. 25, 2020 at 8:01 p.m.
Serf
LMAO YOU ARE the one who is whining and B****ing about my suggesting you put up Chabot + Dadanov + Tkachuk instead. Again you post a TROLL and don't like when someone has a negative comment about it. You are the one with the princess ego here LMAO. Remember this whole thread is about some Nancy's response to a bunch of threads trading depth players to her team that she didn't like! Right princess Nancy.

Go back and check, I actually liked that comment about Chabot + Dadanov + Tkachuk instead. I thought you understood this thread at that time.

This is actually becoming fun, responding politely and watching you freak out with insults. Check your blood pressure before you respond again, just in case.
Oct. 25, 2020 at 8:24 p.m.
Go back and check, I actually liked that comment about Chabot + Dadanov + Tkachuk instead. I thought you understood this thread at that time.

This is actually becoming fun, responding politely and watching you freak out with insults. Check your blood pressure before you respond again, just in case.

LMAO I am cool as a cucumber. It takes a lot more than a little back and forth online to get me riled up. I was trying to get you to retaliate with some insults of your own but I guess that's a lost cause LOL.

Oops you are right I mistook Breadmanhawks comment as yours LOL.
sensibleguy liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll