SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Bonus Cushion Penalty

Oct. 27, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.
How come CapFriendly does not reduce the Projected Cap Space by the amount of the Bonus Cushion Penalty (i.e., the amount by which potential ELC bonuses exceed the 7.5% cushion)? For example, the NY Ranger's page currently reports a Projected cap hit of $70.6 million, a Bonus Cushion Penalty of $3.95 million, and projected cap space of $10.9 million. It appears the Projected Cap Space should be approximately $7 million ($81.5 million less $70.6 less $3.95)? What am I missing here?
ConnorMcHellebucyk liked this.
Oct. 28, 2020 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: Ginet1
How come CapFriendly does not reduce the Projected Cap Space by the amount of the Bonus Cushion Penalty (i.e., the amount by which potential ELC bonuses exceed the 7.5% cushion)? For example, the NY Ranger's page currently reports a Projected cap hit of $70.6 million, a Bonus Cushion Penalty of $3.95 million, and projected cap space of $10.9 million. It appears the Projected Cap Space should be approximately $7 million ($81.5 million less $70.6 less $3.95)? What am I missing here?

I think it’s that the rangers can still make moves to reduce the penalty and it’s only a projection

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll