$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
RW
RFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,175,000$1,175,000
RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,150,000$2,150,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,600,000$5,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$880,833$880,833
G
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
G
NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Yeah no.
The Spawn is back
Please no goalies are voodoo. This is the equivalent of a 1st, 2nd and 7th dman for an unproven goalie. Remember when Talbot cost a 3rd and a 5th and was already essentially a 1B? A cost like this gets you Kuemper.
Banned
Oilers pass. If they want a goalie in the system, next years draft has a few good ones. They're not giving up that much for a guy that's still not ready for regular NHL action
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: oilsince95
Please no goalies are voodoo. This is the equivalent of a 1st, 2nd and 7th dman for an unproven goalie. Remember when Talbot cost a 3rd and a 5th and was already essentially a 1B? A cost like this gets you Kuemper.

That is the absolute WORST way to evaluate a trade. Where a guy was drafted has no affect on his value
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:21 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Ryminister_27
That is the absolute WORST way to evaluate a trade. Where a guy was drafted has no affect on his value

Well it definitely does for people like Holloway, who hasn’t played a game since being drafted. Or at least where he was on the team trading for him’s draft board certainly does.
Oilyboy, CD282 and ken_holland liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:22 p.m.
The Spawn is back

When nothing has remarkably changed in the NHL and the trajectory of all NHL players and prospects since the draft, I think it is a perfectly fine way to evaluate a player like Holloway. He was a consensus 1st round pick in a draft that happened a little over a month ago. I agree with your proposition for when players have had their trajectories altered by their play post draft, but that has not occurred.
Kotkaniemi15 and CD282 liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:22 p.m.
Brutal trade for an unproven goalie no matter how good he has been. Just draft and develop like a normal team.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:23 p.m.
Banned
When nothing has remarkably changed in the NHL and the trajectory of all NHL players and prospects since the draft, I think it is a perfectly fine way to evaluate a player like Holloway. He was a consensus 1st round pick in a draft that happened a little over a month ago. I agree with your proposition for when players have had their trajectories altered by their play post draft, but that has not occurred.

Well if that's how you think then I guess you just massively overpaid for a 7th round pick in Primeau
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:26 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Well if that's how you think then I guess you just massively overpaid for a 7th round pick in Primeau

Holloway hasn’t played any games since being drafted. Primeau has played 110.
CD282 liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
The Spawn is back
Edited Oct. 29, 2020 at 1:33 p.m.

You should read more carefully and think more critically. Primeau was drafted in 2017, and as I explained, his stock has changed considerably since then due to his play. You can't compare him to a draft position now. Just like you can't compare a player like Puljujarvi to a draft position now, that is silly. They are what they are value wise due to their play since the draft. Holloway and his peers have barely hit the ice since the draft, save for maybe a few euros in early games, so their trajectories are still as present 1st round picks.
Kotkaniemi15 and CD282 liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Holloway hasn’t played any games since being drafted. Primeau has played 110.

Exactly. So I'm saying Primeau is worth more than where he was drafted at.

You should read more carefully and think more critically. Primeau was drafted in 2017, and as I explained, his stock has changed considerably since then due to his play. You can't compare him to a draft position now. Just like you can't compare a player like Puljujarvi to a draft position now, that is silly. They are what they are value wise due to their play since the draft. Holloway and his peers have barely hit the ice since the draft, save for maybe a few euros in early games, so their trajectories are still as present 1st round picks.

So you think Yegor Chinakhov has the value of a 1st round pick? I'd say Jean-Luc Foudy has more value than him and Foudy was picked in the 3rd round of this years draft.

Your logic is flawed. Value of a player has nothing to do with where he was drafted. Nothing. Ask any GM or executive in the league.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
So you think Yegor Chinakhov has the value of a 1st round pick? I'd say Jean-Luc Foudy has more value than him and Foudy was picked in the 3rd round of this years draft.

Your logic is flawed. Value of a player has nothing to do with where he was drafted. Nothing. Ask any GM or executive in the league.

If a team had Holloway ranked in the 2nd round on their draft board, then sure, they would value him like that. But 95% of the league would’ve ranked Holloway in their top 31, so he’s by consensus worth a 1st.

And in the end, all that matters is how the team that is trading away a player values the player. Sure some teams might’ve ranked Foudy ahead of Chinakhov, but CBJ wouldn’t trade Chinakhov for Foudy, and that’s all that matters. So EDM values Holloway as a 14th OVR pick, and they aren’t trading him for any value less than that.
CD282, Oilyboy and ken_holland liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
If a team had Holloway ranked in the 2nd round on their draft board, then sure, they would value him like that. But 95% of the league would’ve ranked Holloway in their top 31, so he’s by consensus worth a 1st.

And in the end, all that matters is how the team that is trading away a player values the player. Sure some teams might’ve ranked Foudy ahead of Chinakhov, but CBJ wouldn’t trade Chinakhov for Foudy, and that’s all that matters. So EDM values Holloway as a 14th OVR pick, and they aren’t trading him for any value less than that.

Funniest statement I've ever heard right there.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:24 p.m.
Oilers GM
Edited Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:32 p.m.
Holy **** this is a huge overpayment. Holloway was drafted in the first round just a month ago. Laggesson is a solid 3rd pairing defenseman. The 2nd is a good asset as well. All that for a guy who had a .908 SV% in the AHL?
CD282 and BootBoi liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:29 p.m.
Primeau was a 7th rounder, but has already emerged as equal or better to most second-rounders drafted in recent years. So don't look at that. But this is still a HUGE overpayment for any goalie still on the development track.

That said, if you really really want Primeau, I think Habs would be idiots to pass this up.
BootBoi liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:34 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

Oh, I’m sorry, the Oilers actually had Holloway ranked 45th, which is why they chose him at 14th overall. Whether they’re right or wrong, the Oilers think that Holloway is a good player. And they can’t have changed their minds since then, because he hasn’t played a game
BootBoi and ken_holland liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:41 p.m.
The Spawn is back

If you want a funny statement, why don't you go ask Ken Holland in a press scrum if he thinks Dylan Holloway is worth the 14th overall pick in the 2020 draft that, seeing as no significant hockey has happened for any of the draftees since, may as well have happened yesterday. I think he would think that's damn hilarious.

As far as your Foudy vs. Chinakhov thing, obviously a player who was reached for as compared to the consensus draft rankings is valued more by his team than others. Now maybe some GM's like Chinakhov more, and maybe some like Foudy more. I guess that is a debate we can't have as fans. But I am not talking about those players, who were not consensus 1st round picks. I am talking about players like Holloway who were ranked as a consensus 1st round pick by all analysts, who, while not GM's, are as close as fans will ever get to knowing what scouts in the league think in general about the range of players being valued by all teams. So that is the logic I use here, and the best logic we have available to us, unless you are personal friends with 31 GM's.
Kotkaniemi15 and ken_holland liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.

I agree you can't view prospects who were drafted a year or two apart the same way and goalies are very hard to gauge because their play and stats are directly influenced by other players on the ice. For instance Price's numbers from 2 years ago were horrid when our D consisted of Schlemko-Alzner-Benn-Weber (injured most of the season)-Petry-Mete-Juulsen compared to this year when we had a much improved D of Weber (not injured)-Petry-Fleury-Chiarot-Kulak-Mete-Folin. You can still evaluate both prospects evenly (or close to). Halloway may have just been drafted this season but his play last year in the NCAA was not all that good on what was supposed to be a very very strong Wisconsin team. The reason we can use this as a good comparison is because the NCAA and AHL (where Primeau spent most of the season) are pretty close in skill levels. Both are developmental leagues and both have younger players playing against men. Primeau went 17-11-3 with a .908 SV% and a 2.45 GAA in 33 AHL games. Those numbers do not seem very good at first glance but when you take into account he was the 2nd youngest goalie in the AHL and that GAA placed him 11th over all and his SV% was 29th out of 50 goalies on a mostly weak Laval team, those numbers look much better. All of this to say that while Halloway is still a top prospect he still is coming off a mediocre year with Wisconsin where as Primeau was able to build up his value in a league with a relatively close skill level. Do I think that Primeau is worth that much of a return at this pint in his career? No probably not. However, I also do not see Montreal moving Primeau for any package of prospects/picks IF Montreal was to move him (that's a HUGE if IMO) it would be as part of a larger package for a superstar like Laine (even then Montreal believes they have the next Carey Price and they want to see if they are right before moving on).
Oct. 29, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
The Spawn is back
Quoting: Campabee
I agree you can't view prospects who were drafted a year or two apart the same way and goalies are very hard to gauge because their play and stats are directly influenced by other players on the ice. For instance Price's numbers from 2 years ago were horrid when our D consisted of Schlemko-Alzner-Benn-Weber (injured most of the season)-Petry-Mete-Juulsen compared to this year when we had a much improved D of Weber (not injured)-Petry-Fleury-Chiarot-Kulak-Mete-Folin. You can still evaluate both prospects evenly (or close to). Halloway may have just been drafted this season but his play last year in the NCAA was not all that good on what was supposed to be a very very strong Wisconsin team. The reason we can use this as a good comparison is because the NCAA and AHL (where Primeau spent most of the season) are pretty close in skill levels. Both are developmental leagues and both have younger players playing against men. Primeau went 17-11-3 with a .908 SV% and a 2.45 GAA in 33 AHL games. Those numbers do not seem very good at first glance but when you take into account he was the 2nd youngest goalie in the AHL and that GAA placed him 11th over all and his SV% was 29th out of 50 goalies on a mostly weak Laval team, those numbers look much better. All of this to say that while Halloway is still a top prospect he still is coming off a mediocre year with Wisconsin where as Primeau was able to build up his value in a league with a relatively close skill level. Do I think that Primeau is worth that much of a return at this pint in his career? No probably not. However, I also do not see Montreal moving Primeau for any package of prospects/picks IF Montreal was to move him (that's a HUGE if IMO) it would be as part of a larger package for a superstar like Laine (even then Montreal believes they have the next Carey Price and they want to see if they are right before moving on).

I agree, these trades just don't happen. If the Oil are willing to part with these kinds of players at the value they are to them (i.e., a 1st, 2nd and a depth Dman), they would only consider trading that for a current starting goalie like Kuemper. As for the Habs, Primeau is the perfect asset to have behind Price, and so regardless of value, it's just not a trade that they would be actively looking for. I don't see why the Oil or the Habs would be making the phonecall to propose it.
Campabee liked this.
Oct. 29, 2020 at 3:49 p.m.
Habs_fan
Primeau is the Habs futur in net and won't be traded anytime soon. I'd say Price has about 4 more years as a true number one before he really starts to decine, so the timeline is perfect for Primeau. Spend the next two seasons in Laval, and after that become Price's backup for 2 years and then takeover.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll