Forums/Armchair-GM

Reconnecting with old friends

Created by: BCAPP
Team: 2020-21 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 30, 2020
Published: Oct. 30, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Granlund. One year reprove himself deal. Can be flipped or resigned.

No reason to rush Rossi.
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$4,500,000
Trades
MIN
    Jersey or Anaheim or LA for a depth prospect or pick.

He's a fine and fairly paid player but nothing special. Minni would rather trade Rask but they'd have to pay to. So they give away a guy for free the way the Leafs did with Johnsson

(Makes the bjugstad trade seem dumb)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the MIN
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$81,500,000$78,424,424$0$925,000$3,075,576
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Minnesota Wild
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $7,538,462$7,538,462
    LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $1,487,500$1,487,500
    C
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,100,000$4,100,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $2,050,000$2,050,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $1,900,000$1,900,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,538,462$7,538,462
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $7,575,000$7,575,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,666,667$3,666,667
    G
    UFA - 3
    $4,166,667$4,166,667
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $785,000$785,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $725,000$725,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $700,000$700,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.
    Quoting: Saskleaf
    Thanks, that's what I told him. He wouldn't listen, and insisted that Granlund is a winger. Thank you.

No problem. Guys like him don’t know what they are talking about, and just yap until you agree with them. Like I said, I agree with you. He is a center and this guy should pay more attention to games, and stats instead of think g he knows everything.
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 2:07 p.m.
    Go leafs go
    Quoting: Nhl_oilers
    No problem. Guys like him don’t know what they are talking about, and just yap until you agree with them. Like I said, I agree with you. He is a center and this guy should pay more attention to games, and stats instead of think g he knows everything.

I don't want to be rude, but sometimes guys like him annoy me a lot. I'd really like it if he checked what he's saying with a stat every once and a while (although sometimes I don't either).
    Nhl_oilers liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
    I don't want to be rude, but sometimes guys like him annoy me a lot. I'd really like it if he checked what he's saying with a stat every once and a while (although sometimes I don't either).

There’s a lot of people like that on this site honestly.
    Saskleaf liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 2:10 p.m.
    Hockey Fan13
    Maybe someone already said this. I don't think Guerin really cares how much the team wins this year. Don't get me wrong he wants them to be competitive and hopefully many strong individual performances, but ultimately he wants another nice draft pick and the ability to sell players off at the deadline for more picks and prospects. He knows this team as is isn't a cup winner but as long as it isn't a Red Wings style train wreck he is content with this team. Kind of a mini-rebuild.
    BCAPP, Saskleaf, Lightman13 and 1 other person liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.
    Ban Price trades

Quoting: Nhl_oilers
    There’s a lot of people like that on this site honestly.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/granlmi01.html

Granlund had a pace of 2.381 faceoffs per game this season. Most top-six centers take approximately 10 faceoffs per game.

If we make the assumption that all of Granlund's faceoffs came during games he was actually playing center, not just coming in after his pivot was waived, then he played about 15 games (maximum) as a center last year. At most, he was a center for 23.8% of last season. What about the other 76.2%?

Granlund isn't a full-time center, and very much should not be pencilled in as an option to pivot in a team's top-six. You don't actually have to watch the games to prove that, all you need is a modicum of common sense.

Strange that the both of you insist that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, complain about them being annoying, insist that other users should check their opinions against statistics, then turn around and do the exact opposite of all of that. Be better.
    Caerii, JayTea, BCAPP and 3 others liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
    Quoting: BeterChiarelli

Granlund had a pace of 2.381 faceoffs per game this season. Most top-six centers take approximately 10 faceoffs per game.

If we make the assumption that all of Granlund's faceoffs came during games he was actually playing center, not just coming in after his pivot was waived, then he played about 15 games (maximum) as a center last year. At most, he was a center for 23.8% of last season. What about the other 76.2%?

Granlund isn't a full-time center, and very much should not be pencilled in as an option to pivot in a team's top-six. You don't actually have to watch the games to prove that, all you need is a modicum of common sense.

Strange that the both of you insist that someone doesn't know what they're talking about, complain about them being annoying, insist that other users should check their opinions against statistics, then turn around and do the exact opposite of all of that. Be better.

This is a good assessment using the statistics they want to use, but still generous. Granlund took 249 faceoffs in 63 games with Minnesota in 2018-19, 3.95 per game, and was still a full time winger alongside Staal and Zucker.
    Lightman13 and futurehofer liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:22 p.m.
    14m in dead cap

I was going to say I've seen Granlund take some faceoffs when the actual center on his line gets booted from the dot, but he didn't play center on any of the games the Wild played the Preds in since he was traded and outside of an odd shift at center if someone was injured or in the penalty box, he didn't play center for the last 2 1/2 years of playing for the Wild.
    Caerii, Lightman13, RazWild and 1 other person liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:23 p.m.
    14m in dead cap
    Quoting: Caerii
    This is a good assessment using the statistics they want to use, but still generous. Granlund took 249 faceoffs in 63 games with Minnesota in 2018-19, 3.95 per game, and was still a full time winger alongside Staal and Zucker.

He took faceoffs because Koivu argued with the ref and got kicked off the dot at least once a game it seemed like. He was not a good captain for dealing with refs. lol
    Caerii, Lightman13 and RazWild liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.
    Quoting: JayTea
    I was going to say I've seen Granlund take some faceoffs when the actual center on his line gets booted from the dot, but he didn't play center on any of the games the Wild played the Preds in since he was traded and outside of an odd shift at center if someone was injured or in the penalty box, he didn't play center for the last 2 1/2 years of playing for the Wild.

Quoting: JayTea
    He took faceoffs because Koivu argued with the ref and got kicked off the dot at least once a game it seemed like. He was not a good captain for dealing with refs. lol

Well yeah, regardless of reasoning, that's my point- Granlund isn't a center. The statistics actually support that, and those two guys still think he is because he's listed as one on the internet.
    JayTea, Lightman13, RazWild and 1 other person liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:48 p.m.
    Quoting: Paul13
    Maybe someone already said this. I don't think Guerin really cares how much the team wins this year. Don't get me wrong he wants them to be competitive and hopefully many strong individual performances, but ultimately he wants another nice draft pick and the ability to sell players off at the deadline for more picks and prospects. He knows this team as is isn't a cup winner but as long as it isn't a Red Wings style train wreck he is content with this team. Kind of a mini-rebuild.

Which would be fine with most teams but with 3 guys on the wrong side of 30 signed for 7+ million for 5+ years this seems dumb.

Those contracts almost certainly will become cap anchors eventually. You don't really have the time to wait.

I just find this team very oddly built
    OutCold13 liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 4:24 p.m.
    Go leafs go

Thank you. I am glad you showed some stats. Here are mine, let me know what you think.
    https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/granlmi01.html says he's a centre
    https://www.nhl.com/player/mikael-granlund-8475798 centre
    https://www.icydata.hockey/players/1221 ohh. centre
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Granlund C E N T R E
    https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/24826/mikael-granlund ok, you got me. This one says right wing.
    https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118389 hmm. centre
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2885255-nhl-free-agency-2020-predictions-for-mikael-granlund-top-centers centre
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/mikael-granlund/550759 right wing

These are the first 8 search results from google, when i typed in mikael grunlund position. 6/8 say he's a centre. What does this mean? 75% of sites seem to think he actually plays centre. This seems like he plays centre. I apprecaite the stats you showed. I didn't say he was a centre all the time. I didn't say centre was his best position. BUT he is centre. Ifyou don't believe me, take it up with google. I guess google lied to me.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 4:33 p.m.
    Ban Price trades
    Thank you. I am glad you showed some stats. Here are mine, let me know what you think.
    https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/g/granlmi01.html says he's a centre
    https://www.nhl.com/player/mikael-granlund-8475798 centre
    https://www.icydata.hockey/players/1221 ohh. centre
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Granlund C E N T R E
    https://www.rotoworld.com/hockey/nhl/player/24826/mikael-granlund ok, you got me. This one says right wing.
    https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118389 hmm. centre
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2885255-nhl-free-agency-2020-predictions-for-mikael-granlund-top-centers centre
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/mikael-granlund/550759 right wing

These are the first 8 search results from google, when i typed in mikael grunlund position. 6/8 say he's a centre. What does this mean? 75% of sites seem to think he actually plays centre. This seems like he plays centre. I apprecaite the stats you showed. I didn't say he was a centre all the time. I didn't say centre was his best position. BUT he is centre. Ifyou don't believe me, take it up with google. I guess google lied to me.

If you can't look beyond the primary results that a search engine gives you without making intelligent deductions yourself (ie: actually looking into what the stats are saying), then what's the point of you keeping up with this argument? I don't know if there's a way to change your mind: you're not approaching the argument sincerely. He doesn't take faceoffs, how could he be a center? Unless he isn't?

There aren't two sides to this argument: Granlund isn't a center. I'm not responsible for what databases keep up to date on their information and which ones don't.
    RazWild and futurehofer liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 4:47 p.m.
    Go leafs go
    If you can't look beyond the primary results that a search engine gives you without making intelligent deductions yourself (ie: actually looking into what the stats are saying), then what's the point of you keeping up with this argument? I don't know if there's a way to change your mind: you're not approaching the argument sincerely. He doesn't take faceoffs, how could he be a center? Unless he isn't?

There aren't two sides to this argument: Granlund isn't a center. I'm not responsible for what databases keep up to date on their information and which ones don't.

How am I not approaching the argument seriously? You can't say there aren't 2 sides to this argument. There are. I gave you what I thought and you said it doesn't mean anything. I didn't say he plays centre all the time. BUT HE PLAYS CENTRE. He plays centre enough that the majority of websites list him as a centre. Now, I have a suggestion. You think what you want, and I will think what I want. I like arguing here. I thank you for actually backing up your opinion with stats. But I am done now.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 4:52 p.m.

Keep in mind you're arguing with a literal child. Once I found that out I was done.
    JayTea and Lightman13 liked this.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 7:01 p.m.
    Patient gm
    I disagree with trading foligno.
    Oct. 30, 2020 at 11:23 p.m.
    Hockey Fan13
    Quoting: BCAPP
    Which would be fine with most teams but with 3 guys on the wrong side of 30 signed for 7+ million for 5+ years this seems dumb.

Those contracts almost certainly will become cap anchors eventually. You don't really have the time to wait.

I just find this team very oddly built

That's why it is a short rebuild. Probably won't work but gotta try something. Doing nothing or trying to add would ultimately lead Wild to a massive rebuild like the Red Wings.
    Oct. 31, 2020 at 8:36 a.m.
    Minnesota Wild
    How am I not approaching the argument seriously? You can't say there aren't 2 sides to this argument. There are. I gave you what I thought and you said it doesn't mean anything. I didn't say he plays centre all the time. BUT HE PLAYS CENTRE. He plays centre enough that the majority of websites list him as a centre. Now, I have a suggestion. You think what you want, and I will think what I want. I like arguing here. I thank you for actually backing up your opinion with stats. But I am done now.

They are very likely still going off his draft profile which listed him as a center. There were 264 games (including playoffs) between when Yeo was fired/Granlund moved to wing, and when Fenton traded him. Most, if not all, websites kept listing him as center that entire time despite him only playing a couple games at center when we had no other options due to injury. He played 236 games as a center before Yeo was fired so at the time of the trade, the majority of his career was as a wing, not a center.

Argue it whatever way you want, but I used the Wayback machine to check the Wild's website during the time here when he was a RW. Despite him playing exclusively as a RW for multiple consecutive seasons, he was still listed as a center in both the roster page and team media guide. We know he was a RW for multiple seasons, but according to your logic, we obviously must be wrong because of what the internet says his position was.
    Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:48 a.m.
    Go leafs go
    Quoting: futurehofer
    They are very likely still going off his draft profile which listed him as a center. There were 264 games (including playoffs) between when Yeo was fired/Granlund moved to wing, and when Fenton traded him. Most, if not all, websites kept listing him as center that entire time despite him only playing a couple games at center when we had no other options due to injury. He played 236 games as a center before Yeo was fired so at the time of the trade, the majority of his career was as a wing, not a center.

Argue it whatever way you want, but I used the Wayback machine to check the Wild's website during the time here when he was a RW. Despite him playing exclusively as a RW for multiple consecutive seasons, he was still listed as a center in both the roster page and team media guide. We know he was a RW for multiple seasons, but according to your logic, we obviously must be wrong because of what the internet says his position was.

Ok, good to know.
    Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:50 a.m.
    Go leafs go
    Well yeah, regardless of reasoning, that's my point- Granlund isn't a center. The statistics actually support that, and those two guys still think he is because he's listed as one on the internet.

Keep in mind you're arguing with a literal child. Once I found that out I was done.

Last I checked, you didn't show a single stat. All you did was blab on about how you were right because you watched the games. Ok, so maybe I'm wrong. At least I tried to have stats backing up what I'm agruing.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll