Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the OTT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$64,447,582$0$4,530,000$17,052,418
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,600,000$3,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$710,000$710K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$749,250$749,250
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,000,000$8,000,000
LD
UFA - 8
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LD/RD, LW
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,875,000$4,875,000
RW
UFA - 1
$735,000$735,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 30, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
Go leafs go
I don't know, I'm not really a sens fan either. But wouldn't Stutzle be in here?
Oct. 30, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
Tkachuk-White-Dadonov
Stutzle-Tierney-Batherson
Galchenyuk-L. Brown-C. Brown
Paul-Anisimov-Watson
Scratches: Balcers/Chlapik

Norris could push L. Brown off the team but he can start in the AHL and L. Brown can’t iirc, so Norris will probably start with Belleville until we trade Galch or Anisimov at the deadline. Formenton could also push for a spot but idk if there’s a spot for him anymore now that we’ve signed Galchenyuk and Balcers having to clear waivers. Middle six wingers could be swapped on both sides too, depending on how you want the lineup constructed (I prefer it like this so there’s not a full line of rookies but there’s a strong argument for a Tierney/C. Brown shutdown line too imo)
villenash and csick liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:20 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
Tkachuk-White-Dadonov
Stutzle-Tierney-Batherson
Galchenyuk-L. Brown-C. Brown
Paul-Anisimov-Watson
Scratches: Balcers/Chlapik

Norris could push L. Brown off the team but he can start in the AHL and L. Brown can’t iirc, so Norris will probably start with Belleville until we trade Galch or Anisimov at the deadline. Formenton could also push for a spot but idk if there’s a spot for him anymore now that we’ve signed Galchenyuk and Balcers having to clear waivers. Middle six wingers could be swapped on both sides too, depending on how you want the lineup constructed (I prefer it like this so there’s not a full line of rookies but there’s a strong argument for a Tierney/C. Brown shutdown line too imo)

Is Stuzle ready? There is no rush. Would he benefit from more development time?
Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: BCAPP
Is Stuzle ready? There is no rush. Would he benefit from more development time?

Dorion said whoever they drafted at 3 is playing, so he’s almost certainly gonna make the team. He also has an NHL out clause and was generally viewed as the second most NHL ready guy from this class anyway so I’d say there’s a pretty high chance he makes the team out of camp in a middle six LW role
BCAPP liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
Dorion said whoever they drafted at 3 is playing, so he’s almost certainly gonna make the team. He also has an NHL out clause and was generally viewed as the second most NHL ready guy from this class anyway so I’d say there’s a pretty high chance he makes the team out of camp in a middle six LW role

I just think that's a really really stupid outlook from dorion. The fact that they drafted a guy who is ready is fine if he's ready.

But either drafting for the ability to play immediately, or forcing a guy to play immediately despite what's best for his development is just a dumb outlook

Thanks for clarifying though 🙂
Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:51 p.m.
@Alfie11

What's the d looking like. Was I close?
Oct. 30, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.
I just think that's a really really stupid outlook from dorion. The fact that they drafted a guy who is ready is fine if he's ready.

But either drafting for the ability to play immediately, or forcing a guy to play immediately despite what's best for his development is just a dumb outlook

Thanks for clarifying though 🙂

Oh I don't think Dorion meant that the guy drafted at 3 HAD to play immediately, more that prior to the draft his top 3 were Laf, Byfield, and Stutzle and he viewed them all as NHL ready. If Stutzle flops in camp they'll probably send him to the AHL or DEL but their scouts say he's NHL ready (and I agree tbh) so as long as they don't throw him to the wolves by making him play 1C or something stupid I think they'll be fine. He'll be with at least one of Tierney or C. Brown so they can handle the defensive game and he can get NHL minutes with quality linemates, starting on the wing and hopefully moving to centre if it looks like he can handle it.

As for the D, I think that's pretty close, right side is what I anticipate it being, but I'd swap Wolanin and Reilly on the left. I think Wolanin is fine to step into the 2LD spot, him and Brannstrom will be battling for that role but he'll probably start there and Brannstrom will be on the 3rd pair imo. Reilly I don't see being a Senator for long tbh, I think Zub is the scratch and Reilly is probably either traded or put on waivers because Balcers and Chlapik would have to clear waivers to go down and we don't want to risk losing them. The other alternative is Brannstrom starts in the AHL and Reilly is on the 3rd pair, but I'm pretty confident Brannstrom will have a good camp and earn a spot.
BCAPP liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
Oh I don't think Dorion meant that the guy drafted at 3 HAD to play immediately, more that prior to the draft his top 3 were Laf, Byfield, and Stutzle and he viewed them all as NHL ready. If Stutzle flops in camp they'll probably send him to the AHL or DEL but their scouts say he's NHL ready (and I agree tbh) so as long as they don't throw him to the wolves by making him play 1C or something stupid I think they'll be fine. He'll be with at least one of Tierney or C. Brown so they can handle the defensive game and he can get NHL minutes with quality linemates, starting on the wing and hopefully moving to centre if it looks like he can handle it.

As for the D, I think that's pretty close, right side is what I anticipate it being, but I'd swap Wolanin and Reilly on the left. I think Wolanin is fine to step into the 2LD spot, him and Brannstrom will be battling for that role but he'll probably start there and Brannstrom will be on the 3rd pair imo. Reilly I don't see being a Senator for long tbh, I think Zub is the scratch and Reilly is probably either traded or put on waivers because Balcers and Chlapik would have to clear waivers to go down and we don't want to risk losing them. The other alternative is Brannstrom starts in the AHL and Reilly is on the 3rd pair, but I'm pretty confident Brannstrom will have a good camp and earn a spot.

As a Leafs fan I can say I miss brown. Always loved the guy since we drafted him.

People usually talk about heart and soul players being big bruisers but to me he was one as he just works so damn hard.

Frankly he isn't all that talented but he seems to work so hard in his game to make himself good enough.

He doesn't skip shifts or miss assignments.

He's not the fasted nor the flashiest but he's so damn dependable. Aaaand he disproved people at every step of the way. Miss the guy
Oct. 30, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.
As a Leafs fan I can say I miss brown. Always loved the guy since we drafted him.

People usually talk about heart and soul players being big bruisers but to me he was one as he just works so damn hard.

Frankly he isn't all that talented but he seems to work so hard in his game to make himself good enough.

He doesn't skip shifts or miss assignments.

He's not the fasted nor the flashiest but he's so damn dependable. Aaaand he disproved people at every step of the way. Miss the guy

Yeah, even though we had to take the Zaitsev contract I'd say it was worth it to get our hands on Brown, he leads by example, works hard, kills penalties, plays big minutes and can still put up 20 goals in a middle six role, I love having him on the team and he's a perfect guy to have to make sure our young guys learn to play the game right and aren't forced too high in the lineup too early. He'll be very important for the next 3 years as we develop, and I honestly hope we keep him around as a leader and good two-way guy for our 3rd line long term, guys like that help you win cups and I think he'll be very useful in the playoffs.
BCAPP liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
Jimmy Stu

He HAD an NHL out clause. After August 15th he is 'obligated' to play for Mannheim if the out clause was not exercised (which it couldn't have been because of the late draft). But that doesn't mean they can't terminate the contract, it just becomes more up to Mannheim rather than Stuetzle and the Sens. I still think it's likely he will play for the Sens BUT it wouldn't surprise me if the Sens took this as an opportunity to extend his entry level slide one year and not forcing a contract termination lol, The ultimate Sens move
Oct. 30, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
Quoting: CMac66
He HAD an NHL out clause. After August 15th he is 'obligated' to play for Mannheim if the out clause was not exercised (which it couldn't have been because of the late draft). But that doesn't mean they can't terminate the contract, it just becomes more up to Mannheim rather than Stuetzle and the Sens. I still think it's likely he will play for the Sens BUT it wouldn't surprise me if the Sens took this as an opportunity to extend his entry level slide one year and not forcing a contract termination lol, The ultimate Sens move

Did they not extend the clause when the season was delayed? I thought it had been established that whenever the season starts if Stutzle wants to come over he'll be allowed to, but maybe that's just a handshake agreement. Idk, I do feel like they'll have him in the lineup if they can though, he doesn't really have anything to prove in the DEL and the experience even as a middle six guy playing against the toughest competition in the world will be invaluable if we actually see him as a first liner in a couple years (which imo we do). If we let him slide and leave him in Germany and DON'T take advantage of that by acquiring a cap dump then I'm gonna be annoyed lol
CMac66 liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 10:10 p.m.
Did they not extend the clause when the season was delayed? I thought it had been established that whenever the season starts if Stutzle wants to come over he'll be allowed to, but maybe that's just a handshake agreement. Idk, I do feel like they'll have him in the lineup if they can though, he doesn't really have anything to prove in the DEL and the experience even as a middle six guy playing against the toughest competition in the world will be invaluable if we actually see him as a first liner in a couple years (which imo we do). If we let him slide and leave him in Germany and DON'T take advantage of that by acquiring a cap dump then I'm gonna be annoyed lol

Personally I think teams have to look at their players psychologically more than we can as armchair GM's.

Unless they're completely done with their junior leagues (the Matthews, McDavid s, Crosby's, etc of the world) where they come in to the nhl not even as good players like say Tkachuk but as league leaders immediately, you have to really think about what's best for their development.

Different players will react differently to becoming a third liner all of a sudden. It's a subtle thing who will benefit the most when. We can't know from here. I tend to think teams are bringing to many draft plus 1 guys up and I think it isn't good for some of them.

Guys like Galchenyuk and Yakupov had the skill. They both played well at first. The problem was in development.

Even guys like Nichuskin.
CMac66 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 7:49 a.m.
Personally I think teams have to look at their players psychologically more than we can as armchair GM's.

Unless they're completely done with their junior leagues (the Matthews, McDavid s, Crosby's, etc of the world) where they come in to the nhl not even as good players like say Tkachuk but as league leaders immediately, you have to really think about what's best for their development.

Different players will react differently to becoming a third liner all of a sudden. It's a subtle thing who will benefit the most when. We can't know from here. I tend to think teams are bringing to many draft plus 1 guys up and I think it isn't good for some of them.

Guys like Galchenyuk and Yakupov had the skill. They both played well at first. The problem was in development.

Even guys like Nichuskin.

This is true but the Sens have been very good at developing guys over the years, especially later round guys (Pageau, Stone, Dzingel, etc.) so I'm confident they won't mess up a 3rd overall pick. I hope he plays because I'd love to his skill but I have faith they'll be able to maximize his potential.
BCAPP liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 9:06 a.m.
Jimmy Stu
This is true but the Sens have been very good at developing guys over the years, especially later round guys (Pageau, Stone, Dzingel, etc.) so I'm confident they won't mess up a 3rd overall pick. I hope he plays because I'd love to his skill but I have faith they'll be able to maximize his potential.

Funnily enough I would like to point out the pattern between higher and later picks in that they are great at developing later round picks as you mentioned. But look at their higher picks Ceci, Lazar, Puempel even Zibanejad. Zibby was 'disappointing' for some reason and shipped him off? Made no sense. They had a tendency to rush their higher picks with big expectations. Now I think it's different (at least I'm hoping). Only recently is Chabot considered a success and they let him play Junior for 2 years before jumping over at 20. I'm banking on the fact they've become more patient. I think (hope) you're right in developing a player like Stuetzle and Sanderson, Thompson, JBD too.
BCAPP liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll