Forums/Armchair-GM

Whats happening in WPG Jets Fans

Created by: MTLFAN27
Team: 2020-21 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 30, 2020
Published: Oct. 30, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Are the Jets going for it this year and then trading Laine next offseason? Is Laine being traded this offseason? Are Roslovic and Niku still on the team next year?
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$75,151,191$0$0$6,348,809
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 6
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$2,280,000$2,280,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW
UFA - 2
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 1
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 8
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 30, 2020 at 9:31 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
I don't think Niku will be playing this season, but I am almost certain he won't next year with Heinola and Samberg both going to be on the team by then. I would say Roslo is a 50/50 of getting traded or staying. Laine is so hard to tell but I doubt a trade is going to happen at this point in the offseason. Next year maybe but still not sure, he might be a guy that just gets short term extensions then goes to FA the first chance he gets most likely
Oct. 30, 2020 at 9:36 p.m.
If they haven’t traded Laine yet they probably won’t until next year. I assume there trying to win this year but I’m not sure how there gonna do that with this defence. They gonna have to pray Helleybuyck plays amazing again if they want a real chance.
bunzy1034 liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 9:42 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: bunzy1034
I don't think Niku will be playing this season, but I am almost certain he won't next year with Heinola and Samberg both going to be on the team by then. I would say Roslo is a 50/50 of getting traded or staying. Laine is so hard to tell but I doubt a trade is going to happen at this point in the offseason. Next year maybe but still not sure, he might be a guy that just gets short term extensions then goes to FA the first chance he gets most likely

The guy in your avatar, literally, will take a lot of pressure off the organization if trading Laine. I agree, either, they get an overpay, or roll the dice with him on team control, as long as they can. Jets are so, so lucky to get Perfetti . You can't teach hockey sense, and skill. Unreal for him to fall that far, in the draft!
bunzy1034 liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: olson_22
If they haven’t traded Laine yet they probably won’t until next year. I assume there trying to win this year but I’m not sure how there gonna do that with this defence. They gonna have to pray Helleybuyck plays amazing again if they want a real chance.

No one has the cap space. He's not getting traded this offseason. A lot of teams missed their window to trade players. Dont get why so many ppl dont see the tea leaves, on this site though i guess it is just fantasy
Oct. 30, 2020 at 9:47 p.m.
Cold spaghetti
Quoting: OlegP
The guy in your avatar, literally, will take a lot of pressure off the organization if trading Laine. I agree, either, they get an overpay, or roll the dice with him on team control, as long as they can. Jets are so, so lucky to get Perfetti . You can't teach hockey sense, and skill. Unreal for him to fall that far, in the draft!

Yeah I am really excited to see him step in. I think he is the best prospect we have ever had.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 9:55 p.m.
Log off the internet
Laine is going to have a bounceback season this year. He's playing with Stastny instead of Little AND it's his contract year.
MTLFAN27 and arafay liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 10:17 p.m.
Jets Fan
Yeah I am really excited to see him step in. I think he is the best prospect we have ever had.

Better prospect than Laine? Scheifele? Not disagreeing. Those would be my top 3
MTLFAN27 and arafay liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 10:53 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Hedman77
Laine is going to have a bounceback season this year. He's playing with Stastny instead of Little AND it's his contract year.

Laine was really good this season.
arafay liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
Quoting: Hedman77

Yeah, he probably scores 50 goals or more this season! BTW, congrats on winning the Stanley Cup this past season
Hedman77 liked this.
Oct. 30, 2020 at 11:05 p.m.

So do you think Niku is traded this offseason? Where do you think Roslovic may land if he gets traded?
Oct. 30, 2020 at 11:08 p.m.
Log off the internet
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Laine was really good this season.

Exactly. He has one "bad" year and suddenly he's ****.
MTLFAN27, tsyls, HockeyFan989 and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:43 a.m.
Quoting: MTLFAN27
So do you think Niku is traded this offseason? Where do you think Roslovic may land if he gets traded?

I think niku gets traded once the season begins. I don’t see a scenario where at least one of heinola or Samberg don’t make the team and that effectively pushes niku out of a spot (unless he comes in and plays at the top of his game) . As I see it:
JoMo-demelo
Forbort-pionk
Samberg-poolman
(I think heinola is sent back cause they can slide another year of his elc)
Therefore, niku is left out (again, barring he proved he can play at the level we all know he is capable of)

So I think he gets moved (won’t get a whole lot of opportunity imo cause the shop has very much sailed), probably in a deal similar to the perlini trade last year.

As for Roslovic, unless the jets can get a true top 4 d for him right now, they keep him. He’s only going to get better and raise his value
MTLFAN27 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 9:50 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: arafay
I think niku gets traded once the season begins. I don’t see a scenario where at least one of heinola or Samberg don’t make the team and that effectively pushes niku out of a spot (unless he comes in and plays at the top of his game) . As I see it:
JoMo-demelo
Forbort-pionk
Samberg-poolman
(I think heinola is sent back cause they can slide another year of his elc)
Therefore, niku is left out (again, barring he proved he can play at the level we all know he is capable of)

So I think he gets moved (won’t get a whole lot of opportunity imo cause the shop has very much sailed), probably in a deal similar to the perlini trade last year.

As for Roslovic, unless the jets can get a true top 4 d for him right now, they keep him. He’s only going to get better and raise his value

Are you sure they can slide another year of Heinola's ELC? Pretty sure it starts this season if he's in the AHL, they might be able to slide it if he stays in Europe but I'm not sure either way.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
Are you sure they can slide another year of Heinola's ELC? Pretty sure it starts this season if he's in the AHL, they might be able to slide it if he stays in Europe but I'm not sure either way.

They can, go check the jets page on CF. Also he’s under 20 and generally every U20 player can have their elc slide if they play less than 10 nhl games
Oct. 31, 2020 at 3:28 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
They can, go check the jets page on CF. Also he’s under 20 and generally every U20 player can have their elc slide if they play less than 10 nhl games

Then they should totally do that, they are flush with dmen already and really should give Niku a fair shot if he's still around, sliding Heinola's ELC would be beneficial for cap management in the long run plus the kid is tiny, let him stay home and put on some muscle and play lots of minutes.
MTLFAN27 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 3:50 p.m.
Then they should totally do that, they are flush with dmen already and really should give Niku a fair shot if he's still around, sliding Heinola's ELC would be beneficial for cap management in the long run plus the kid is tiny, let him stay home and put on some muscle and play lots of minutes.

Some websites in finland have him as 6’1 185 lbs. They are probably wrong but keep in mind it’s not impossible. We saw drake batherson grow from 5’8-6’2 in a year and a half and prospects generally grow an inch or two after their draft. I’m hoping he did actually grow that much but I’m going to keep him at 5’11 in my head. He is 185lbs now so size isn’t a whole lot of an issue with him anymore. I’m just not sure spending another year in Finland is best for him. That said, unless he outplays basically everyone other than JoMo, pionk, and demelo, he won’t be making the team imo.

I have the d-core as:
JoMo-demelo
Samberg-pionk
Forbort-niku/poolman
Oct. 31, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Some websites in finland have him as 6’1 185 lbs. They are probably wrong but keep in mind it’s not impossible. We saw drake batherson grow from 5’8-6’2 in a year and a half and prospects generally grow an inch or two after their draft. I’m hoping he did actually grow that much but I’m going to keep him at 5’11 in my head. He is 185lbs now so size isn’t a whole lot of an issue with him anymore. I’m just not sure spending another year in Finland is best for him. That said, unless he outplays basically everyone other than JoMo, pionk, and demelo, he won’t be making the team imo.

I have the d-core as:
JoMo-demelo
Samberg-pionk
Forbort-niku/poolman

Its too bad Sami doesn't hit the gym and try to put on 15 pounds of muscle, with more strength and some D coaching he could be a top 4 dman.

Do you think Sbisa signed to possibly be sent to the Moose? I don't, think it's gonna be Forbort with Pionk on the second pair and Samberg to the Moose or they carry 8 dmen, also think they're willing to risk Niku getting claimed.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 4:10 p.m.
Its too bad Sami doesn't hit the gym and try to put on 15 pounds of muscle, with more strength and some D coaching he could be a top 4 dman.

Do you think Sbisa signed to possibly be sent to the Moose? I don't, think it's gonna be Forbort with Pionk on the second pair and Samberg to the Moose or they carry 8 dmen, also think they're willing to risk Niku getting claimed.

I just made a post on it. I don’t think forbort was signed to be a regular, just like bitetto last year. In case of injury they can step up, but they are meant to help a young d-core. Samberg and pionk have trained with each other with him so he can help Samberg transition to the nhl game. I think that’s the main reason he was brought in. Forbort isn’t a regular nhl d-man im0. He’s a 7th d.

Sbisa will definitely hit waivers imo unless both of heinola and Samberg aren’t ready

And finally, Samberg will be on the team imo unless he proves he’s not ready (all indications are that he is)
MTLFAN27 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 4:21 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
I just made a post on it. I don’t think forbort was signed to be a regular, just like bitetto last year. In case of injury they can step up, but they are meant to help a young d-core. Samberg and pionk have trained with each other with him so he can help Samberg transition to the nhl game. I think that’s the main reason he was brought in. Forbort isn’t a regular nhl d-man im0. He’s a 7th d.

Sbisa will definitely hit waivers imo unless both of heinola and Samberg aren’t ready

And finally, Samberg will be on the team imo unless he proves he’s not ready (all indications are that he is)

I don't see it that way, Forbort was definitely signed to play, Sbisa will be the #7 guy.
If Forbort was supposed to be what Bitetto was he wouldn't of been signed for a million and he is definitely an NHL regular dman, Bitetto wasn't even a #7, he's an AHL dman, don't forget Forbort is a Duluth guy as well.
Maybe Sbisa hits the waiver wire but I have my doubts, he chooses somewhere warmer or goes to Europe before he plays AHL games in Winnipeg.

I assumed Samberg would be on the team and figured he was promised a spot but with all the dmen signed I'm not sure anymore.
MTLFAN27 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 4:39 p.m.
I don't see it that way, Forbort was definitely signed to play, Sbisa will be the #7 guy.
If Forbort was supposed to be what Bitetto was he wouldn't of been signed for a million and he is definitely an NHL regular dman, Bitetto wasn't even a #7, he's an AHL dman, don't forget Forbort is a Duluth guy as well.
Maybe Sbisa hits the waiver wire but I have my doubts, he chooses somewhere warmer or goes to Europe before he plays AHL games in Winnipeg.

I assumed Samberg would be on the team and figured he was promised a spot but with all the dmen signed I'm not sure anymore.

As I said, I think forbort was signed because he is a Duluth guy and he trains with pionk and Samberg. But, Samberg, heinola, and niku will all likely be ahead of him. That’s just my opinion. He’s either the 6th or 7th d on this team (which is about average for how much he is paid)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll