$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:31 a.m.
nah i think haula
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:38 a.m.
Quoting: Ryancnbb
nah i think haula

I`d go with the more upside in Granlund. Haula as backup.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:41 a.m.
Quoting: Eddy
I`d go with the more upside in Granlund. Haula as backup.

I've heard that haula was gonna sign in pitt. also he would be cheaper
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:46 a.m.
nah i think haula

Either and I’m very happy
Ryancnbb liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:17 a.m.
Banned

where did you hear that at?
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:31 a.m.
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05

I`ve heard whispers of Haula or Granlund but I hope its Mikael because his potential is extremely high and would fit well as right shot on PP
mhockey91 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 4:51 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05

there are rumors, but nothing that isn't just clickbait.
You can simply do a google search you'll see them.

I think the real issue right now, for most players that aren't already signed, is cap. They aren't getting the contract they want and think someone will cave. But the reality is, most teams are 6 weeks from hockey or so, given 2 weeks for training camp, might be longer. Which isn't giving teams a whole lot of time if they are going to have a Jan 1st start to get in their 90 games for NBC. So if you were going to see moves, my guess is you'd be seeing them now. But most teams are more focused on signing RFAs and after that there isn't much cap left.
So you see guys like Hoffman waiting for a better offer. Everyone else right behind them. You add to that teams facing the reality that their prospects aren't getting ice time as minor league are canceling, and that anyone even remotely good enough to play should probably join the team to play and develop. You add those two together and it spells problem for most teams trying to make it work. Players like Poulin and Legare could very well make this team. Because neither has anywhere to get game time in now. Both don't need time to physically develop they are already 200lb+. Both are plenty fast enough and if anything as close to being ready to make the jump as can be given the situation. Hell Legare looked great in camp last year.
Which is why I don't think you are going to see either of these two in Pittsburgh unless they are taking a pay cut. Because they don't really have cap anywhere other than Matheson. And other teams are in the same boat as the penguins, If they have holes they need to fill, they are probably looking at their prospects. To both A. save cap and real money given the short fall, and B. give them ice time to develop. Because sitting around isn't going to make them better hockey players.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 8:29 a.m.
the window for pit and bos has closed you just know it yet... same thing hapened to la and chic in the past..... your guys are old and injuries always come to old guys...and that is what happens.. look at bos .. already marchand and pastrnak are out to start the season.... montreal took out pit easily this year as pit are not an elite at goal or defense any more.... forwards are good but that isnt enough to win championships....they will try like boston did last year but they wont contend for the cup.... if they re-sign malkin for long term is will be a huge mistake much like what la did amd chic did with Seabrook..
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:27 p.m.
Quoting: pharrow
there are rumors, but nothing that isn't just clickbait.
You can simply do a google search you'll see them.

I think the real issue right now, for most players that aren't already signed, is cap. They aren't getting the contract they want and think someone will cave. But the reality is, most teams are 6 weeks from hockey or so, given 2 weeks for training camp, might be longer. Which isn't giving teams a whole lot of time if they are going to have a Jan 1st start to get in their 90 games for NBC. So if you were going to see moves, my guess is you'd be seeing them now. But most teams are more focused on signing RFAs and after that there isn't much cap left.
So you see guys like Hoffman waiting for a better offer. Everyone else right behind them. You add to that teams facing the reality that their prospects aren't getting ice time as minor league are canceling, and that anyone even remotely good enough to play should probably join the team to play and develop. You add those two together and it spells problem for most teams trying to make it work. Players like Poulin and Legare could very well make this team. Because neither has anywhere to get game time in now. Both don't need time to physically develop they are already 200lb+. Both are plenty fast enough and if anything as close to being ready to make the jump as can be given the situation. Hell Legare looked great in camp last year.
Which is why I don't think you are going to see either of these two in Pittsburgh unless they are taking a pay cut. Because they don't really have cap anywhere other than Matheson. And other teams are in the same boat as the penguins, If they have holes they need to fill, they are probably looking at their prospects. To both A. save cap and real money given the short fall, and B. give them ice time to develop. Because sitting around isn't going to make them better hockey players.

You`re not wrong. A lot of teams are going to do this especially with internal budgets. BUT I think the Pens jump on this is Granlund will sign for that amount. The potential is too high here. Great fit on PP. This has the potential to turn this team from playoff team to contender if it works out well.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:31 p.m.
Quoting: danielcoe
the window for pit and bos has closed you just know it yet... same thing hapened to la and chic in the past..... your guys are old and injuries always come to old guys...and that is what happens.. look at bos .. already marchand and pastrnak are out to start the season.... montreal took out pit easily this year as pit are not an elite at goal or defense any more.... forwards are good but that isnt enough to win championships....they will try like boston did last year but they wont contend for the cup.... if they re-sign malkin for long term is will be a huge mistake much like what la did amd chic did with Seabrook..

Completely agree. I say go all in this year for one last kick at the can. I say it is very very likely Letand and/or Malkin and many others will be moved next offseason unless they win the cup this year.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Either and I’m very happy

Same, but much more happy with Granlund. His potential is so much higher than Haula. Granlund is a really unique player. He can drive that third line which has always been the Pens key to success. Would fit well as RHS on PP like Kessel. I really think the Pens are going for him. He also played with Zucker and they had some good chemistry back in Minny. Knows Riikola from years ago. Clutch player. Have you ever seen his lacrosse goal when he was like 20 at WC Semi Final vs Russia? This is a guy who could end up scoring 65+ points if he reaches his potential in Pitt. Only thing is his fit at C. But if he doesn`t work at C then move him to wing on Malkins line and find a different 3C midseason. I think unless a team steps up for a huge contract with him he would take a 1 or 2 year discount to play in Pitt.
mhockey91 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: danielcoe

the defence is actually very underrated. I hate the Ceci signing and I really hope hes in/out of the lineup. Ruhwedel is a much better option there. Pens have a very good top 4, and if Matheson can return to form in a more sheltered role playing with a steady guy like Ruhwedel, that rounds out a very good top 6. Id even try him with Marino too. Pens biggest question mark is their bottom 6 and Jarry. Their bottom 6 is great at shutting down teams, but not so great at scoring, however, if they add a guy like Haula or Graunland (which they absolutely can) then that fixes a hole. If Jarry can be solid this year, there is no reason why Pens aren't a dark horse team.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
Same, but much more happy with Granlund. His potential is so much higher than Haula. Granlund is a really unique player. He can drive that third line which has always been the Pens key to success. Would fit well as RHS on PP like Kessel. I really think the Pens are going for him. He also played with Zucker and they had some good chemistry back in Minny. Knows Riikola from years ago. Clutch player. Have you ever seen his lacrosse goal when he was like 20 at WC Semi Final vs Russia? This is a guy who could end up scoring 65+ points if he reaches his potential in Pitt. Only thing is his fit at C. But if he doesn`t work at C then move him to wing on Malkins line and find a different 3C midseason. I think unless a team steps up for a huge contract with him he would take a 1 or 2 year discount to play in Pitt.

I cant believe either isnt signed yet, and the craziest thing is, Rutherford COULD add either player based on their current cap situation. lets hope it happens because that would be a big boost to the bottom 6
Oct. 31, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
I cant believe either isnt signed yet, and the craziest thing is, Rutherford COULD add either player based on their current cap situation. lets hope it happens because that would be a big boost to the bottom 6

HUGE. I would feel a LOT better about the offseason if they can do this.
mhockey91 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.
the defence is actually very underrated. I hate the Ceci signing and I really hope hes in/out of the lineup. Ruhwedel is a much better option there. Pens have a very good top 4, and if Matheson can return to form in a more sheltered role playing with a steady guy like Ruhwedel, that rounds out a very good top 6. Id even try him with Marino too. Pens biggest question mark is their bottom 6 and Jarry. Their bottom 6 is great at shutting down teams, but not so great at scoring, however, if they add a guy like Haula or Graunland (which they absolutely can) then that fixes a hole. If Jarry can be solid this year, there is no reason why Pens aren't a dark horse team.

Yes, if this is the team they move forward with then Jarry is probably the biggest question mark as he has never had this type of role or responsibility. I don`t love Ceci either but maybe he can be serviceable in a bottom pairing PK role. Years ago he actually wasn`t THAT bad. Maybe he fits better here.

I didn`t like the Matheson trade either but that is another guy who could excel in a new place/role.
mhockey91 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.
Banned
You`re not wrong. A lot of teams are going to do this especially with internal budgets. BUT I think the Pens jump on this is Granlund will sign for that amount. The potential is too high here. Great fit on PP. This has the potential to turn this team from playoff team to contender if it works out well.

but they don't have 3 million in cap. They need someone to come in at 1.5 million. They don't want to.
Trades are almost impossible not only because no one has cap, but no one is gonna have a roster spot either once they put their prospects on so they can practice, play and improve.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll