$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$874,125$874,125
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:41 a.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster
No situation ever warrants toxicity here, it is a fun constructive low key site for theoreticals & discussion

Even if you were an oilers fan and someone posted Connor McDavid for Joe Shlobotnik and a 7th round pick? Not a valid time to be vitriolic. Frustration maybe warranted. But one can stay respectful.
We're all human beings here.

If you think intense vitriol is acceptable here (or anywhere really) you're a toxic abusive person and need help, go find some place to work through your issues first. Seriously. Arguments escalate... but when it's the first comment of a thread?

The site should have dealt with this a long time ago

We'll get there
RangerWall92, olson_22, A_Habs_fan and 7 others liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
RangerWall92
Quoting: Radu47
No situation ever warrants toxicity here, it is a fun constructive low key site for theoreticals & discussion

Even if you were an oilers fan and someone posted Connor McDavid for Joe Shlobotnik and a 7th round pick? Not a valid time to be vitriolic. Frustration maybe warranted. But one can stay respectful.

If you think intense vitriol is acceptable here (or anywhere really) you're a toxic abusive person and need help, go find some place to work through your issues first. Seriously. Arguments escalate... but when it's the first comment of a thread?

We'll get there

Amen to that brother
Saskleaf and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:43 a.m.
Bcarlo25

We'll get there

You provide plenty to the toxic environment:
“No, you’re all wrong. Here’s my graph to prove it!!!!”
A_Habs_fan, OlegP, SociallyHawkward and 1 other person liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:49 a.m.
And that’s why you can report posts though i feel like almost no one does it but yes as a fairly new person, this site can be very toxic
Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:49 a.m.

We'll get there

It's tough because you can't always tell tone here. It's also sports, so emotion and team loyalty and rivalries are involved.

Also, you know, welcome to the internet.

I also think there is probably a pretty wide age gap here and that might factor in.

I may debate here and sometimes make dismissive comments, but unless someone is racist or sexist, I dont take anything to heart. Its sports
Oct. 31, 2020 at 11:56 a.m.
Go leafs go

We'll get there

Quoting: RangerWall92
Amen to that brother

I will second this.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:01 p.m.
I don't actually think there is very much toxicity here? Like the worst I really see it get is people telling people their post is stupid, and while not necessarily the most constructive criticism, is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. I don't think there really is much in the way of mean spirited behavior, or malicious personal attacks.
SociallyHawkward, Yzerplan_forthewin, jwg314 and 5 others liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
I think it's pretty tame on this site. Haven't noticed anything too bad at all. I blocked 1 person in the year or so I've been on here. And that was just because they were being annoying and commenting on every single post trashing every hawks player. They weren't being abusive or anything.
Shibbal18 liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:27 p.m.
STL
If you keep offering me Holl and Engvall for my star player, I’m sorry but I’m gonna flame you.
JokiStan, chungus, Shibbal18 and 5 others liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:29 p.m.
Banned

We'll get there

I agree with you. It should be a fun place come and create rosters without the vitriol. Problem is there's too many wannabe know it alls (who know nothing) who literally spend all day on here telling people how stupid they are. I just add them to my ignore list. Don't allow them to ruin your experience here. I appreciate your message though. 👍
Oct. 31, 2020 at 12:42 p.m.
2285 Stanley Cup Cha

We'll get there

Can you quote an example of this "intense vitriol"? The worst I see is people mocking others terrible offers in Armchair GM. Toxicity isn't a major problem here and if you think it is, welcome to the internet I guess
jwg314 and SociallyHawkward liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
Shibbal18
No.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: Claesson4Norris
I don't actually think there is very much toxicity here? Like the worst I really see it get is people telling people their post is stupid, and while not necessarily the most constructive criticism, is pretty tame in the grand scheme of things. I don't think there really is much in the way of mean spirited behavior, or malicious personal attacks.

Context and tone is also completely lost in online forums. Being a bro and ripping on someone for fun often gets misconstrued as malicious.
jwg314 and Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:20 p.m.
longinthetoothleaf
I don't find this site too bad for the most part (I don' even bother to go to the comment section of Sportsnet anymore for that reason). Now there's a toxic site! Of course some trades here seem/are way out there but if people find one that they consider too outrageous then simply don't comment at all. If certain fans can't do that then do as L_K suggests - note who those people are and make an effort to simply bypass reading them.
OlegP liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:42 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Letter_Kenny
I agree with you. It should be a fun place come and create rosters without the vitriol. Problem is there's too many wannabe know it alls (who know nothing) who literally spend all day on here telling people how stupid they are. I just add them to my ignore list. Don't allow them to ruin your experience here. I appreciate your message though. 👍

I could name a few from every fan base with itchy trigger fingers that just insult ACGM's at every turn within a few minutes of posting a team. What's the point?! They'll be more fantasy teams coming that you don't enjoy, you wont stop them all!

Take a step back, breathe and indulge them in the idea before saying how much you hate the idea?!? Or you know, just don't comment.

I only defend ACGM's because its too easy to say this or that about their teams because it's not your idea! Proving people wrong will shut them up or you ignore them. Simply show some empathy for the ACGM, it's really simple and you know read the description, 80% of insults come from people that don't even have the context.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: OlegP
I could name a few from every fan base with itchy trigger fingers that just insult ACGM's at every turn within a few minutes of posting a team. What's the point?! They'll be more fantasy teams coming that you don't enjoy, you wont stop them all!

Take a step back, breathe and indulge them in the idea before saying how much you hate the idea?!? Or you know, just don't comment.

I only defend ACGM's because its too easy to say this or that about their teams because it's not your idea! Proving people wrong will shut them up or you ignore them.

There's a few people on here who literally spend all day criticizing ACGM rosters. But you never see them creating rosters of their own. They can dish it out but can't take it. The most hilarious thing for me though is how angry these wannabe know it alls get. Speaking for an entire fan Base. They act like they really are NHL GM's. When really all they're doing is sitting in their underwear eating meatloaf in their mom's basement! 🤣
OldNYIfan and Britishbulldog liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:48 p.m.
Banned
There's a few people on here who literally spend all day criticizing ACGM rosters. But you never see them creating rosters of their own. They can dish it out but can't take it. The most hilarious thing for me though is how angry these wannabe know it alls get. They act like they really are NHL GM's. 🤣

It's so damn pathetic to see multiple people jump on an ACGM. I mean some of the comments I've seen are utterly gross. "I keep this user around as my puppet and we all should laugh at him"

Thats where I get in trouble and take it on myself to prove them all wrong. Then you have the pack mentality take over. The age gap doesn't help here because there's a ton of teenagers on this site that dont even know how to show empathy in real life.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 1:56 p.m.
Banned
It's so damn pathetic to see multiple people jump on an ACGM. I mean some of the comments I've seen are utterly gross. "I keep this user around as my puppet and we all should laugh at him"

Thats where I get in trouble and take it on myself to prove them all wrong. Then you have the pack mentality take over. The age gap doesn't help here because there's a ton of teenagers on this site that dont even know how to show empathy in real life.

I like to create rosters to promote discussion. It allows me to learn more about other teams. I don't mind people telling me I'm wrong. But tell me why I'm wrong. You don't have to be a jerk. It tends to be the same posters picking on ACGMs. I think it's spineless. It takes no courage to be a keyboard warrior.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
Banned
I like to create rosters to promote discussion. It allows me to learn more about other teams. I don't mind people telling me I'm wrong. But tell me why I'm wrong. You don't have to be a jerk. It tends to be the same posters picking on ACGMs. I think it's spineless. It takes no courage to be a keyboard warrior.

It sucks because most ppl in real life and here will avoid confrontation and let the ACGM deal with it all himself. Honne and Tatemae, is the saying in Japan. It doesn't work!

There's just way too many negative Nancy's that respond to the ACGM's.

And, once you get involved in telling the troll how wrong they are, it escalates, and its tough to stop the momentum.
It's sad how discussion is so rare here but the troublemakers far outnumber the ones with things to say so it's a losing battle without building a mega ignore list. It is what it is.
Know who to talk to and avoid the noise, is a good mantra here.
Oct. 31, 2020 at 2:34 p.m.

Yes there being an age gap definitely doesn’t help but that’s why you can only make an account at a certain age
Oct. 31, 2020 at 3:06 p.m.
RangerWall92
Quoting: jwg314
If you keep offering me Holl and Engvall for my star player, I’m sorry but I’m gonna flame you.

This made my day
Oct. 31, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
I post sometimes
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
It's tough because you can't always tell tone here. It's also sports, so emotion and team loyalty and rivalries are involved.

Also, you know, welcome to the internet.

I also think there is probably a pretty wide age gap here and that might factor in.

I may debate here and sometimes make dismissive comments, but unless someone is racist or sexist, I dont take anything to heart. Its sports

Exact, there is a lot of chirping also -> that's funny as hell

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll