SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Florida Panthers signed MacKenzie Weegar (3 Years / $3,250,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:01 p.m.
I swear 9 out of 10 deals posted here are met with overwhelming 'great deal/ total steal' comments. Kinda redundant- especially if its the same people posting the same bs every signing.
Especially when they qualify it with the tired 'well I had him at 4.5 for 6 years- so this is fantastic! ' newsflash- youre not the gm, and you probably cant even build a decent hockey pool team!
Im sure plenty of you loved when Lucic, Eriksson, Gudbrandson, Bobrovsky all signed their latest deals. How did that work out?

I vote only slightly positive overall- and most of that is due to all the minimum salary deals out there, where teams are only risking a roster spot.
Nov. 6, 2020 at 10:51 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I won’t lie I’ve been on point this FA

yep def
AndrewLadd liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 4:41 a.m.
Go Flames Go!
Is he that good? To me he was like fringe top4 d. Im surprised a little bit about this
Nov. 7, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: ConnorMcHellebucyk
Finally. The leafs trades will stop.

I wonder who the next Torontey phenom will be?

30, non Leafs teams in the NHL. Each team has an average of 6 RHD under pro contracts. So Leaf fan and non Leaf fans on this site, can continue trading 180 RHDs to the Leafs, since all of these 180 players are better than any of the Leafs current Dmen.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 7:25 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
Anybody notice the salary in year 3 which is setting the table for his next deal?

I think he is solid and if that his salary number hlif he maintains his play, it's good.

He's a Ufa it doesn't effect anything.

All players if signing for more than two years are going low the first two as they're losing a lot of they're money to escrow and deferral
May 7, 2021 at 8:45 p.m.
In Zito We Trust
Quoting: aadoyle
Don't need him as if the rumors were true johnsson + dermott was his worth in florida eyes lul

But dermott has better upside and is younger. Schmidt 2.0 so Dubas would have been foolish to trade him

lol

Incredible take right here
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
May 8, 2021 at 12:25 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: VijayPatel11
lol

Incredible take right here

hey if Dermott had a partner like Ekblad he would be doing the same as weegar

Dermott is still young and like schmidt will improve yearly and given a bigger role and a better partner would easily do much better
May 8, 2021 at 2:00 a.m.
WentWughes

Dermott is still young and like schmidt will improve yearly and given a bigger role and a better partner would easily do much better

Weegar makes Ekblad play better, not the other way around scream
May 8, 2021 at 3:20 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited May 8, 2021 at 3:36 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Weegar makes Ekblad play better, not the other way around scream

No, ekblad has always been good no matter who he was with. Weegar is just riding off his success not the other way around lul

In general if Dermott was partnered with a guy like ekblad he would easily produce more point totals and have better stats

Weegar is just having a good season. Many dman have them but the question is when the divisions return to normal will he have repeat success or will he return to his normal ways
May 8, 2021 at 4:53 a.m.
WentWughes
No, ekblad has always been good no matter who he was with. Weegar is just riding off his success not the other way around lul

In general if Dermott was partnered with a guy like ekblad he would easily produce more point totals and have better stats

Weegar is just having a good season. Many dman have them but the question is when the divisions return to normal will he have repeat success or will he return to his normal ways

What you fail to realize is that Weegar was this good last year as well. He's likely the most underrated defender in the league. He's easily a top 4 defensemen and I'd argue he's currently a top 2 defensemen. Look at any of his stats with/without Ekblad. He makes Ekblad play better, not the other way around.
May 8, 2021 at 7:29 a.m.
In Zito We Trust

Weegar has been elite even without ekblad, 1st in ES points for defenseman, and top 3 defensive defenseman analytically
KSIxSKULLS liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit