Forums/Armchair-GM

Seen enough trades for Gaudreau

Created by: Bigshame
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 7, 2020
Published: Nov. 7, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
We’ve seen enough trades for Gaudreau so why not one that has the chance to work for both teams.
After tinkering with lineups I’m not 100% sure I like it any better than the team we had before even tho it looks very possible we could loose both Tatar and Armia I. The offseason and we would have Gaudreau locked up for an extra year.
I am convinced that Peohling is going to be very serious this year and make the team. He’s got a chip on his shoulder now. Play him on left wing with Danault until that situation is decided.
KEEP IN MIND the top 9 are all deployed fairly equally and based on game to game production they will get more or less ice time. So ya Danault and Gallagher are listed here as 3rd line but on many nights will be deployed as 1st line. Same goes for the KK and Suzuki lines.
Following year after Danault leaves lineups are
Drouin Suzuki Anderson
Gaudreau Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Toffoli Peohling Caufield
Lekhonen Evans Byron
Trades
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$73,641,309$0$3,987,500$7,858,691
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
sen krak fan
A little more from the Habs.
csick liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
You are going to get hate cause I said MOST I would give up was Tatar + Armia (both extended) + Struble + 2nd and was called stupid and dumb and everything else under the sun.
csick liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
KFTW
That’s not the type of deal I’d wanna purse if I’m Calgary. I’d ask for Drouin + Brook and a pick
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
BergDaMan
Quoting: Brad21
A little more from the Habs.

Like a pick or??
3rd? Cam Hillis?
SadSensFan14 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
sen krak fan
Quoting: Bigshame
Like a pick or??
3rd? Cam Hillis?

Ya.Both.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:21 p.m.
Quoting: csick
That’s not the type of deal I’d wanna purse if I’m Calgary. I’d ask for Drouin + Brook and a pick

Struble is more of a sure thing than Brook at this point so not sure what all the hate was about. Flames fans seem to think it should start with Suzuki or KK which is rediculous.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:22 p.m.
BergDaMan
Quoting: csick

Fair enough. That’s not a deal I would make for mtl tho. Tatar on the other hand is a guy I’d let go. And for Calgary getting him for 4 years at 5 mil is good. Armia is great depth and I could add brook or a pick
CARBONNEAU21 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:23 p.m.
BergDaMan
Quoting: Brad21
Ya.Both.

Ok I’ll edit that in
SadSensFan14 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
Ok I’ll edit that in

So now you have almost the exact same option I had and got roasted for last night. I bet at least 4-5 Flames fans come on later and debate that it starts with Suzuki or KK ++. Look for Ledge_And_Dairy, Alfie11 and TheFlamingC to lead the charge.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Struble is more of a sure thing than Brook at this point so not sure what all the hate was about. Flames fans seem to think it should start with Suzuki or KK which is rediculous.

Not ridiculous at all. Point per game players with some term on their deals are rarely available and don't come cheap; add in that he's on an excellent contract during a flat cap and Gaudreau is worth even more. Frankly anything less than an elite prospect and a first, would be highway robbery against the Flames
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
Anything less than Suzuki or Kotkaniemi plus significant additions from the Habs doesn’t even get the conversation going. Gaudreau was 4th in Hart voting a year ago and is on a steal of a contract for a 100 point threat. Stop with the ridiculous offers including pending UFAs, mid-round picks, and B prospects, none of that is interesting enough to pry an elite playmaker like Gaudreau away from a contending team.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
BergDaMan
Quoting: Alfie11
Anything less than Suzuki or Kotkaniemi plus significant additions from the Habs doesn’t even get the conversation going. Gaudreau was 4th in Hart voting a year ago and is on a steal of a contract for a 100 point threat. Stop with the ridiculous offers including pending UFAs, mid-round picks, and B prospects, none of that is interesting enough to pry an elite playmaker like Gaudreau away from a contending team.

Too late deals already done and accepted by one of your own flames fans lol
Nov. 7, 2020 at 3:03 p.m.
Too late deals already done and accepted by one of your own flames fans lol

Alright lemme go make a Habs alt and propose Suzuki+Gallagher for Mangiapane+3rd, if I accept it and it says I’m a Habs fan that means it’s obviously correct and a good deal for both sides
Nov. 7, 2020 at 3:16 p.m.
BergDaMan
Alright lemme go make a Habs alt and propose Suzuki+Gallagher for Mangiapane+3rd, if I accept it and it says I’m a Habs fan that means it’s obviously correct and a good deal for both sides

Ok I have no alt acc and if I did ever wish to do something like that my favourite team would never be the leafs and 2nd favourite flames.
Anyways I would give up more for Gaudreau but since there’s rumours of him on the block just like the Laine rumours you have to expect deals to be proposed. And you know based on the fact Bergevin has spoken Suzuki kk Romanov are not going anywhere.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 3:28 p.m.
Ok I have no alt acc and if I did ever wish to do something like that my favourite team would never be the leafs and 2nd favourite flames.
Anyways I would give up more for Gaudreau but since there’s rumours of him on the block just like the Laine rumours you have to expect deals to be proposed. And you know based on the fact Bergevin has spoken Suzuki kk Romanov are not going anywhere.

The Gaudreau rumours are just Eric Francis’s obsession with ****ting on him for no reason, the Flames aren’t unhappy with him and he’s said he’d like to be a Flame for life. There isn’t a history of conflict like there is with Laine and the Jets. I’m fine with deals being proposed as long as they include appropriate high-level pieces for acquiring a legitimate superstar and not a bunch of mid-tier stuff thrown in until the OP thinks it’s enough. If Suzuki or KK plus more are not involved there’s no reason for Calgary, who is contending rn, to trade their main offensive driver.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.
Quoting: Lunatik
Not ridiculous at all. Point per game players with some term on their deals are rarely available and don't come cheap; add in that he's on an excellent contract during a flat cap and Gaudreau is worth even more. Frankly anything less than an elite prospect and a first, would be highway robbery against the Flames

2 years from FA and already rumoured to be walking to Philly! Your not going to get elite young talent for 2 years worth of service. Also Gaudreau has done absolutely nothing in the playoffs like ever. Not worth more than the proposal IMO.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 4:01 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
2 years from FA and already rumoured to be walking to Philly! Your not going to get elite young talent for 2 years worth of service. Also Gaudreau has done absolutely nothing in the playoffs like ever. Not worth more than the proposal IMO.

Yes, TWO YEARS. That is a ton of time to fall in love with a city and negotiate an extension. And there are no ****ing rumors of him wanting to go to Philly, like 3 years ago a Philly radio station asked him if he'd like to play for the Flyers one day and he said something like "that'd be cool", like there was anything else he could say and ever since people have been running their yaps about him "wanting to play at home". His playoff struggles are also largely blown out of proportion,

That proposal is beyond garbage. Like it or not, Kotkaniemi and Suzuki are still lotto tickets, they are far from sure things, so claiming a guy a year removed from a 99 point season isn't worth one of them is downright laughable and bordering on complete and utter stupidity.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 4:23 p.m.
Garbage trades, Montreal fans are delusional it takes ALOT more than that to the player who has the 11th most points since 2015 and only like 7 points behind number 10 in less games
Nov. 7, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: Lunatik
Yes, TWO YEARS. That is a ton of time to fall in love with a city and negotiate an extension. And there are no ****ing rumors of him wanting to go to Philly, like 3 years ago a Philly radio station asked him if he'd like to play for the Flyers one day and he said something like "that'd be cool", like there was anything else he could say and ever since people have been running their yaps about him "wanting to play at home". His playoff struggles are also largely blown out of proportion,

That proposal is beyond garbage. Like it or not, Kotkaniemi and Suzuki are still lotto tickets, they are far from sure things, so claiming a guy a year removed from a 99 point season isn't worth one of them is downright laughable and bordering on complete and utter stupidity.

Claiming that his lack of playoff success is blown out of proportion is downright laughable bordering on complete and utter stupidity!

7 years in the league, 30 playoff games, 8 goals 11 assists for 19 playoff points, and a -8 differential! Those are elite numbers for sure!

Suzuki 1 year in the league, 10 playoff games, 4 goals 3 assists for 7 points and a +3 differential. That equals Gaudreau this year and is only 2 assists less than Gaudreau's career best playoff run. That must make Suzuki elite already then cause he is almost halfway to Gaudreau's career numbers in 1/7th the time.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
The Gaudreau rumours are just Eric Francis’s obsession with ****ting on him for no reason, the Flames aren’t unhappy with him and he’s said he’d like to be a Flame for life. There isn’t a history of conflict like there is with Laine and the Jets. I’m fine with deals being proposed as long as they include appropriate high-level pieces for acquiring a legitimate superstar and not a bunch of mid-tier stuff thrown in until the OP thinks it’s enough. If Suzuki or KK plus more are not involved there’s no reason for Calgary, who is contending rn, to trade their main offensive driver.

Might want to check the stats of one of those "mid tier" players. Out scored and out pointed Gaudreau last year, much better defensively, and cost 2 million less. Gaudreau is a very good player, but ridiculous how little credit is being given to the value of Tatar.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
Quoting: gmurrayt
Might want to check the stats of one of those "mid tier" players. Out scored and out pointed Gaudreau last year, much better defensively, and cost 2 million less. Gaudreau is a very good player, but ridiculous how little credit is being given to the value of Tatar.

Okay so a guy who has never hit 60 points having a career year where he’s on pace to hit like 73 is all of a sudden better than a guy who has a career LOW pace of 65 points per year and is one year removed from 99 points and a 4th place Hart finish? I am well aware that Tatar is a fine second line winger who might be able to fill in as the third best guy on the top line on a good team. He is not elite and having by far the best season of his career (which still wasn’t even a point per game) does not change that. If the Flames got to talk extension with him beforehand maybe they’d consider him the second piece that could work after Suzuki or Kotkaniemi are included in the package but having him as the main piece for Gaudreau is never gonna happen.
Nov. 7, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Tatar and Armia are a great package the Habs have great depth, seems like Flames would do well adding two very good forwards. I have never been in favor of trading Armis he is physical, great defense, penalty killer but looking at the Cap friendly depth chart they have Armia on the fourth line. That is maybe to deep, so I guess it make sense to trade him.-and maybe adding Mete would help it along.
Bigshame liked this.
Nov. 8, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
Flames
This is a stupid trade, who in the world would trade an old and inconsistent Tatar with one year left on his contract and a bottom 6 winger like Armia for a guy whos one year removed from Hart contention get outta here. At the very very least there has to be a 1st round pick in there, Habs fans becoming as bad as Leafs fans with the stupid Flames trades.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll