Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

putting the silly 34 vs mackinnon stuff to bed

Which one?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 12, 2020 at 10:35 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Lyle_Bubas
cmon you really think I'd pour over millions of advanced analytics for 2 hours if it didn't prove that a leafs player was INSANELY underrated

Haha looking back no.
chungus liked this.
Nov. 13, 2020 at 12:49 a.m.
Banned
I've said it before I'll say it again Matthews is the best young player in the league.
That will change when Wright gets to the NHL but for now he is.

MacKinnon is 2 years older and Matthews is right there with him.
I think Matthews has much more potential. I honestly think Matthews should train with someone like Dubinsky or Nick Foligno. I know people will thing that will sound crazy. But truth is Matthews is not hitting his potential yet and the thing that really holds him back is he doesn't know how to use his size. He's 6'3 220lbs. When he starts to play like it, watch out.
chungus and chungus liked this.
Nov. 13, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.
I was wondering what the heck is this coming from who is making this a talking point on twitter

Looks...its James tanner from Editor in Leaf, that goal is a lunatic troll, anything he writes should be dismissed. The guy has some serious issues...and for some reason he has been going after the Avs in Leafs are better than them articles a few times this offseason, the one of him saying Leafs are better than the Avs today and have a better future was a doozy

this is the same guy who said Cody Franson was an elite Dman bc of his underlying numbers and he was serious. Im pretty sure he has wrote something about Kerfoot being more valuable than Tavares or Nylander, The guy is wild
chungus and DartGuy86 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:14 a.m.
backcheck>paycheck
Quoting: coga16
I was wondering what the heck is this coming from who is making this a talking point on twitter

Looks...its James tanner from Editor in Leaf, that goal is a lunatic troll, anything he writes should be dismissed. The guy has some serious issues...and for some reason he has been going after the Avs in Leafs are better than them articles a few times this offseason, the one of him saying Leafs are better than the Avs today and have a better future was a doozy

this is the same guy who said Cody Franson was an elite Dman bc of his underlying numbers and he was serious. Im pretty sure he has wrote something about Kerfoot being more valuable than Tavares or Nylander, The guy is wild

He's also claimed that Reily is better than Hedman and Holl = Parayko. All I needed to hear from the guy haha.
chungus liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 1:31 a.m.
backcheck>paycheck
Great post, @Lyle_Bubas. I expect another comparing Marner and Rantanen on my desk by morning.
KingLundqvist30 and chungus liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 10:47 a.m.
Quoting: DartGuy86
He's also claimed that Reily is better than Hedman and Holl = Parayko. All I needed to hear from the guy haha.

I used to see his stuff when he was writing at hockeybuzz, at this point it’s just an act of his as a professional troll to gain click bait hits
DartGuy86 and chungus liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 11:18 a.m.
backcheck>paycheck
Quoting: coga16
I used to see his stuff when he was writing at hockeybuzz, at this point it’s just an act of his as a professional troll to gain click bait hits

Bingo ☝️
chungus liked this.
Nov. 23, 2020 at 5:23 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Mackinnon has been in the NHL 3 years longer than Matthews so he has more experience. But Matthews rn is developing his game into a more sturdy 2-way center while Mackinnon prefers offense. But, Rn Mackinnon is the better C but in a few years that could change

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit