SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Buffalo Sabres signed Jack Quinn (3 Years / $1,713,333 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 17, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: jasondomitrovic
LOTS of teams have signed their 1st and 2nd round draft picks already. I like adding him to the lineup.

I think lots of teams are debating if they should be playing them to be honest. No CHL, no ice time, how the hell are they gonna develop like that?
They ain't. Teams are going to have to eye up the possibility of carrying a guy for a year. Even if it's the 13th skater. They can get practice time and can bring someone on staff to train them up.
The worst thing that an happen is they let them sit not playing hockey. Not only will it delay their development it might set them back.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 4:33 p.m.
Quoting: Skyraider112
He will be a great player, love what he can bring to our team. Adams drafted according to our position of biggest need. Hopefully it doesn't bite us. Rossi may be NHL ready but Cozens is too and I think Cozens is much more of a sure thing than Rossi. Future top 6 of Skinner, Eichel, Reinhart, Olofsson, Cozens, Quinn looks and sounds deadly. Throw Hall in there and you got an elite forward group

Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
More like 6 but okay?

I like hearing good on Quinn>Rossi but Rossi would be our 2nd or 3rd line center behind Eichel and somewhere below or above Cozens. I don't know if him being buried like that sways away from the hard nose game you insist he needs to play?

Sabres where rumored to be offered multiple picks for 8 I think they coulda dropped to 10/11 and still got Quinn what do u think?
yikes liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 4:56 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Sabres where rumored to be offered multiple picks for 8 I think they coulda dropped to 10/11 and still got Quinn what do u think?

Quinn would've been there. Adams should've done it. You talking about the Embedded series?
BuFfaLOFaN and yikes liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 8:45 p.m.
Quinn would've been there. Adams should've done it. You talking about the Embedded series?

Quinn wouldn't have dropped past 10
Nov. 17, 2020 at 8:51 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: DongLord23
Quinn wouldn't have dropped past 10

No.... Also teams would've still took the player they wanted in that area.

MIN: Rossi
WPG: Perfetti
NSH: Askarov
BUF: Quinn
yikes liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 9:14 p.m.
No.... Also teams would've still took the player they wanted in that area.

MIN: Rossi
WPG: Perfetti
NSH: Askarov
BUF: Quinn

Yes...plenty of teams were very high on Quinn. Winnipeg being one of them.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 9:15 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Yes...plenty of teams were very high on Quinn. Winnipeg being one of them.

Why would WPG take another winger...
yikes liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Why would WPG take another winger...

Perfetti is going to be a winger lmao.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:40 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Perfetti is going to be a winger lmao.

Uhhh I'm not a fan of him but pretty sure they drafted him to be their 2C behind Scheifele.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:52 p.m.
Uhhh I'm not a fan of him but pretty sure they drafted him to be their 2C behind Scheifele.

If they wanted a 2C they would've drafted Lundell. All scouts have said Perfetti will be a winger in the pros.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 11:02 p.m.

Yea, pretty fun 2 watch honestly
Skyraider112 and yikes liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Yea, pretty fun 2 watch honestly

Yea absolutely
Nov. 17, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
If they wanted a 2C they would've drafted Lundell. All scouts have said Perfetti will be a winger in the pros.

I've heard the opposite but we'll see.
yikes liked this.
Nov. 18, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
Sabres are elite

@BuFfaLOFaN I watched yesterday and see what you meant. Kevyn was wondering whether they should keep the pick or move down a bit. Looks like they had their eyes on Quinn right from the get-go. IDK what we would have received for 8th if we only moved down 3-4 spots. It likely wouldn't have been all that much, maybe just a 2nd or something. I like the way Adams handled it, especially making the trade to nab JJ Peterka.
BuFfaLOFaN and yikes liked this.
Nov. 18, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
@BuFfaLOFaN I watched yesterday and see what you meant. Kevyn was wondering whether they should keep the pick or move down a bit. Looks like they had their eyes on Quinn right from the get-go. IDK what we would have received for 8th if we only moved down 3-4 spots. It likely wouldn't have been all that much, maybe just a 2nd or something. I like the way Adams handled it, especially making the trade to nab JJ Peterka.

Agreed with Peterka but add not trading down could go along with Quinn>Rossi, Non-QO to Kahun, Eakin & Girgensons overpays and Bridging Olofsson, Ullmark, and Reinhart for what could be 1 year of Hall.
Nov. 18, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
Agreed with Peterka but add not trading down could go along with Quinn>Rossi, Non-QO to Kahun, Eakin & Girgensons overpays and Bridging Olofsson, Ullmark, and Reinhart for what could be 1 year of Hall.

Yea, I mean there was alot of good and bad this off-season, let's hope to finish it up with a bit more good and round out our dcore.
Nov. 18, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
Sabres are elite

If we qualified Kahun, where would he play if Ruots, Thompson, and Cozens are all ready for the NHL full time? I didn't like losing Kahun but in the long run we would have lost him to Vegas anyways. The Olofsson contract is good, Ullmark will stick around with us so the term doesn't really matter to me. Reinhart's contract should have been long term. I'd say Kevyn has done a great job for a 1st time GM and I'm overall happy with what he has done so far. Don't forget the acquisition of Staal, that will be huge for us this year
Nov. 18, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
If we qualified Kahun, where would he play if Ruots, Thompson, and Cozens are all ready for the NHL full time? I didn't like losing Kahun but in the long run we would have lost him to Vegas anyways. The Olofsson contract is good, Ullmark will stick around with us so the term doesn't really matter to me. Reinhart's contract should have been long term. I'd say Kevyn has done a great job for a 1st time GM and I'm overall happy with what he has done so far. Don't forget the acquisition of Staal, that will be huge for us this year

Well Qualifying Kahun means Eakin wouldn't have signed so that offsets positionally speaking, I have a hard time seeing Seattle taking Kahun when we have 3/4 to protect of Dahlin, Jokiharju, Ristolainen, Miller, Montour, McCabe, Borgen, Pilut. Olofsson's contract is good, but if he lights it up playing with Hall and Eichel that has long term implications with his next contract. Laine type situation. Staal trade is the best deal since the Kahun, Skinner, Jokiharju moves. Loved it. He's definitely done great. No doubt. Just the little things he can avoid so easily ya know?

Here's my lines if they kept Kahun over Eakin:

Hall-Eichel-Olofsson
Skinner-Staal-Reinhart
Kahun-Cozens-Thompson
Girgensons-Lazar-Okposo

Dahlin-Miller
Montour-Ristolainen
McCabe-Jokiharju
Borgen

Ullmark
Hutton ( Still think Johansson is a better option)

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit