SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Reverse Retro Jersey Thoughts

Nov. 16, 2020 at 12:53 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
ANA - U G L Y
ARI - Weird but cool.
BOS - Meh. The ugly bear on the shoulder is weird, but otherwise they’re OK.
BUF - Would’ve been better if they used the shoulder logo as the main logo. Also the BUFFALO word mark on the bottom ruins the whole jersey.
CGY - I don’t see where the “reverse” part of the jersey is. Logo continues to be bad, this jersey would be really good if it had the main logo.
CAR - Amazing jersey.
CHI - Another meh throwback. Nothing crazy, but not as bad as some of Chicago’s previous throwbacks.
COL - Just amazing.
CBJ - This had so much potential, but it flopped so hard. The jersey has way too much white, and is ruined by the ugly logo. Would’ve been way better with the new logo and more dark blue.
DAL - Gross. Man, with this and their third, Dallas may have one of the worst groups of jerseys around right now.
DET - This is the worst of the bunch. Whoever is responsible for designing this should be fired immediately. No exaggeration, this could’ve taken 10 seconds to design. It would be insane for anyone to ever buy this.
EDM - Solid jersey. Nothing mind-blowingly different, but it’s a good jersey. 1000 times better than their 3rd jersey.
FLA - This is beautiful. Would’ve been better with the modern logo, but this is one of the best.
LAK - Meh. The logo looks weird in yellow & purple.
MIN - Really cool, although the logo in that colour is going to take a bit of getting used to.
MTL - Love it. It’s the 3rd best jersey the habs have, but you can’t beat perfection.
NSH - Meh.
NJD - Meh.
NYI - Not a bad jersey, but I feel like this sort of defeats the point of “reverse retro”.
NYR - Too plain. It needs more red or white.
OTT - This could’ve been good, but there’s too much red. This needs more black and/or white.
PHI - Typical useless, boring Philadelphia alternate jersey.
PIT - BORING
SJS - This would be better if the logo wasn’t so ugly.
STL - Too red. This doesn’t feel like a Blues jersey, and the bright colours don’t work.
TBL - Meh.
TOR - Ugly logo, the sleeves and grey colour is atrocious. All around bad jersey.
VAN - The gradient is just weird. Without that this would be a great jersey.
VGK - Absolute perfection.
WSH - Meh.
WPG - How the hell do you screw this up? The 2 Heritage jerseys are some of the best jerseys in NHL history, and you have to ruin this by making it of all colours, dark grey? This is an insult to the beautiful old Jets’ design.
AndrewLadd and oilersguy liked this.
Nov. 16, 2020 at 12:59 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
ANA - U G L Y
ARI - Weird but cool.
BOS - Meh. The ugly bear on the shoulder is weird, but otherwise they’re OK.
BUF - Would’ve been better if they used the shoulder logo as the main logo. Also the BUFFALO word mark on the bottom ruins the whole jersey.
CGY - I don’t see where the “reverse” part of the jersey is. Logo continues to be bad, this jersey would be really good if it had the main logo.
CAR - Amazing jersey.
CHI - Another meh throwback. Nothing crazy, but not as bad as some of Chicago’s previous throwbacks.
COL - Just amazing.
CBJ - This had so much potential, but it flopped so hard. The jersey has way too much white, and is ruined by the ugly logo. Would’ve been way better with the new logo and more dark blue.
DAL - Gross. Man, with this and their third, Dallas may have one of the worst groups of jerseys around right now.
DET - This is the worst of the bunch. Whoever is responsible for designing this should be fired immediately. No exaggeration, this could’ve taken 10 seconds to design. It would be insane for anyone to ever buy this.
EDM - Solid jersey. Nothing mind-blowingly different, but it’s a good jersey. 1000 times better than their 3rd jersey.
FLA - This is beautiful. Would’ve been better with the modern logo, but this is one of the best.
LAK - Meh. The logo looks weird in yellow & purple.
MIN - Really cool, although the logo in that colour is going to take a bit of getting used to.
MTL - Love it. It’s the 3rd best jersey the habs have, but you can’t beat perfection.
NSH - Meh.
NJD - Meh.
NYI - Not a bad jersey, but I feel like this sort of defeats the point of “reverse retro”.
NYR - Too plain. It needs more red or white.
OTT - This could’ve been good, but there’s too much red. This needs more black and/or white.
PHI - Typical useless, boring Philadelphia alternate jersey.
PIT - BORING
SJS - This would be better if the logo wasn’t so ugly.
STL - Too red. This doesn’t feel like a Blues jersey, and the bright colours don’t work.
TBL - Meh.
TOR - Ugly logo, the sleeves and grey colour is atrocious. All around bad jersey.
VAN - The gradient is just weird. Without that this would be a great jersey.
VGK - Absolute perfection.
WSH - Meh.
WPG - How the hell do you screw this up? The 2 Heritage jerseys are some of the best jerseys in NHL history, and you have to ruin this by making it of all colours, dark grey? This is an insult to the beautiful old Jets’ design.

The jets have the best ones imo! And now I feel the need to share my thoughts
Kotkaniemi15 and oilersguy liked this.
Nov. 16, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: AndrewLadd
The jets have the best ones imo! And now I feel the need to share my thoughts

I just hate grey on jerseys. And their Heritage jerseys were so good that I can’t help being disappointed.
Josh and oilersguy liked this.
Nov. 16, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
ANA- sexy asf, probably an acquired taste but I love them
ARI- epic asf
BOS- ugly but they tried at least
BUF- I think it’s cool, it’s what a reverse retro should be. Some modern, some retro. Well done
CGY- kewl, blasty is back baby
CAR- a work of art
CHI- it’s decent, nothing special, but it could be worse
COL- if you thought Buffalo did the whole reverse retro thing well oh boy Colorado nailed it
CBJ- it’s fire
DAL- it’s not fire
DET- the worst. My roller hockey league I play in has better jerseys
EDM- crisp, i like them. Super clean for a white jersey
FLA- everyone likes them but I was never a fan of the aggressive cat that looks like it’ll bite your head off jersey
LAK- a beautiful sight to behold
MIN- my 2nd favorite. It’s so awesome. I love it
MTL- it’s solid and clean. Nothing special but they certainly didn’t flop
NSH- it’s ok
NJD- merry Christmas
NYI- it’s trash it sucks I want fisherman. 2nd worst
NYR- the logo is immaculate. The jersey is meh. Put them together and u have a solid jersey
OTT- it’s so good. Very underrated imo
PHI- the sleeves are so ugly
PIT- it’s ok. Very meh
SJS- I love this one. Almost every jersey the sharks have had in their history I’ve liked
STL- I don’t hate it, but I know a lot of people don’t like it
TBL- I like it. The blue really pops out at ya
TOR- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
VAN- great concept of reverse retro. It’s fantastic
VGK- I don’t like it. Red and Gold don’t mix
WSH- it’s freakin awesome
WPG- hot take: Winnipeg’s is my favorite. I’m a sucker for gray jerseys. It’s awesome
Nov. 16, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I just hate grey on jerseys. And their Heritage jerseys were so good that I can’t help being disappointed.

I feel you, definitely an acquired taste
Kotkaniemi15 and oilersguy liked this.
Nov. 16, 2020 at 2:05 p.m.
The habs and Buffalo reverse retro jersey are probably my favorites
Nov. 16, 2020 at 2:20 p.m.
torontos finest
I'm against the consensus on the Jets jersey. Although I'd rather have the colors in the logo swapped. It just blends into the grey with the majority of it being blue.

I understand the colors on Minnesota but it just looks like a Subway ad.
nickthehabsfan liked this.
Nov. 16, 2020 at 5:18 p.m.
I just put this in a ACGM:
I don't like a lot of them. The white ones all look like either practice or lame away jerseys. NJD looks like an x-mas tree, but at least it has color. STL's is the one I dislike the most.

WIN, WSH, VAN, and FLA would be the ones I would buy if I was a fan of the team.

As a Wild fan I can't stand their jersey. I would have rather seen one in Twins or Vikings colors like LA's, or even the WNBA Lynx colors (because at least they've won something).
oilersguy liked this.
Nov. 16, 2020 at 5:38 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
So is that New Jersey logo actually that low, or did they accidentally stitch it on incorrectly for the press release? Because if that’s the real thing, it looks extremely weird.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 9:01 a.m.
My Balls Itch
ANA - A
ARI - A
BOS - D
BUF - A
CGY - D
CAR - F
CHI - D
COL - A+
CBJ - B+
DAL - F- you had one job. So many good jerseys from the one this was based on, the mooterus, the current home and away, and the winter classic. It's bad when the black word mark jersey is better.
DET - F-
EDM - D-
FLA - A+
LAK - A+
MIN - D
MTL - A+
NSH - D
NJD - B+
NYI - D-
NYR - B
OTT - D-
PHI - D-
PIT - F
SJS - D-
STL - D+
TBL - C
TOR - F
VAN - A
VGK - B+
WSH - A
WPG - C
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 1:01 p.m.
Below Market Value
ANA - I usually like the wacky jerseys, but this one just doesn't do it for me. Perhaps if it were a color jersey rather than white, as the logo is already very white.
ARI - Very bold, I like it. I didn't really like the dark green version they used to wear, but this one pops a lot more.
BOS - It's fine. I would've liked them to use the Pooh Bear logo, but I like the yellow.
BUF - Excellent. I'm glad they stuck with the blue/gold color scheme, and I really like the dual swords logo.
CGY - Another great one. I loved the original Blasty jerseys. I'm a big fan of the striping on the bottom and the sleeves.
CAR - As a jersey, it's good, although I wish they had done navy blue as the primary.
CHI - Pretty average, nothing great and nothing terrible. Kinda sus that they really tried to hide the main logo in the photos and videos.
COL - Not sure why everyone is going crazy for this one, likely the nostalgia factor. It's just fine. Nice of Adidas to pay homage to the huge French-Canadian metropolis of Denver, Colorado.
CBJ - I actually kinda like these, but I'm not sure why. I'm not usually a fan of white shoulder yokes and I'm tired of red jerseys, but these just work for me. I think it's the hint of lime green.
DAL - I'm a Stars fan, so I'm sure I'll grow to like it, but for now it's not looking great. I understand wanting to use the current color scheme on the Cup-winning jerseys, but there's just way too much white.
DET - Just awful. They could have easily done a red version of the striped jerseys from the 20s, and it would've been way better.
EDM - It's fine, not too different from what they currently have, just swapped the blue for orange.
FLA - Probably my favorite. I've always loved the red/blue/yellow color scheme, and I absolutely love the shoulder yokes, and the sleeve/bottom striping. The old logo is also much better than the current shield logo. Their pre-Reebok jerseys are some of the best.
LAK - I've always liked the black/purple scheme the most, but the purple/yellow is also very nice. I don't really like the Chevy logo. I wish they'd used the big crown from the early 00s or the crossed sticks shield logo.
MIN - Pretty solid. The bright green/yellow scheme really pops.
MTL - I really like this one. I've always wanted to see the blue and red reversed on a third jersey, and now it's happened.
NSH - I think these are some of my favorites. I wish they would use these as their regular homes going forward, as they're much more exciting than the bland blobs of yellow they use now.
NJD - It's fine. Not much you could really do with New Jersey, since they haven't had much differentiation over the years. I think an all black version of their 90s jerseys could've been cool.
NYI - It's like a lamer version of what Edmonton did. They just swapped the orange and white stripes and then turned it navy. The fisherman was right there for the taking.
NYR - I've always liked the Lady Liberty logo, but they should've made the sleeves red like how they were originally. Also, using the classic royal blue instead of navy could've been a cool spin.
OTT - It's alright, but I would've liked to see them bring back the third jerseys from the early 00s that had the unique red/gold striping pattern on the sleeves and bottom.
PHI - Haven't had a lot of differentiation, like New Jersey; but the sleeve striping looks weird to me. I like that it's black instead of the usual white, however.
PIT - Booooo it's not RoboPenguin, so I'm naturally upset.
SJS - I don't like the fact that it's gray. I liked the jerseys that had the tinge of orange in the stripes and shoulder yokes, so I wish they'd used that design.
STL - I actually like these. Like I mentioned, I love the red/blue/yellow scheme, and these really pop.
TBL - Although I usually don't like white shoulder yokes, these look much better than the black ones they wore when they won the Cup in 2004. Pretty solid.
TOR - Really bad. I don't get the gray. They should've used one of the old designs that had a ton of stripes on the sleeves. That would've at least made sense.
VAN - I love the gradient, although many seem to not. It really makes it unique, and I like the navy/green combo.
VGK - Pretty good. I like the striping patterns, and the logo is solid.
WSH - Another one of my favorites. These should be their primary homes. The striping is great and the logo is awesome too.
WPG - I get they had to do something unique/different since they already have used the navy/red pretty recently, but they could've done something better than these.
A_K and AndrewLadd liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 4:57 p.m.
RANKED

GOOD
1. Colorado: All-around gem.
2. Carolina: Want to see what it would have looked like in Hurricanes colors.
3. Pittsburgh - Simple, neat.
4. Buffalo - An old motif in an older (and newly revisited) color scheme.
5. Minnesota - I like that they kept the current look and used vintage colors.
6. NY Rangers - Would have preferred reverse color scheme (red jersey) so it's not so similar too the original jersey.
7. Arizona - Fun look.
8. Los Angeles - Color contrast (from black and gray to purple and yellow) makes it a very interesting look.
9. Washington - It would probably look better in Navy, but RED is a big theme for Caps.
10. Florida - Surprised it doesn't feel too soon to bring back this look.

OKAY
11. Montreal - The look is so classic that all it takes is a color swap to be interesting.
12. Calgary - Not very creative and I think the logo doesn't vibe with the team's aesthetic, but I've always thought it was a good stand alone design.
13. New Jersey - I'm not a fan of these colors, but it was the obvious choice.
14. Winnipeg - Red jerseys would have given more pop, but it's not bad.
15. Edmonton - Not too many combinations of these colors that they haven't already done.
16. Dallas - Would have liked a design truer to the original design of these 90s jerseys, but it's sharp.
17. Chicago - Looks dated, in multiple ways. But it's well done for what it's trying to do.
18. Ottawa - Not very creative, but no big problems with it.
19. Vegas - Fine. Tough to do a retro thing with such a new franchise.
20. St. Louis - This jersey in yellow with the lighter blue trim would have been better. The weird numbering with the flashy red is too much.

BAD
21. Vancouver - There were better options. The stick and rink logo in either the black and yellow or navy and burgundy may have looked good.
22. Nashville - Boring. Didn't even do the easy thing; make them blue.
23. Boston - A version of the bear jerseys would have been better. I just don't like so much yellow.
24. Philadelphia - Not very creative.
25. San Jose - They picked the right jersey, but that logo is awful.
26. Tampa Bay - Too wordy, as it was at the time. Doing it on a gray jersey may have given it something else new to distract from it.
27. Columbus - I don't know what it is. I just don't like it.
28. Toronto - Never liked these jerseys.
29. NY Islanders - Missed a golden opportunity to bring back the fishsticks jersey with a new twist. Ended up not doing anything at all.
30. Detroit - Doesn't get more plain than this. Zero creativity.
31. Anaheim - Could have just done the original jersey in green. Why would you trot out this monstrosity?
Nov. 17, 2020 at 5:43 p.m.
Pettersson_40
ANA - It's interesting, but I didn't like the original so... C-
ARI - Purple? That only belongs on a Kings uniform (or in basketball). C
BOS - There are only so many variations of their original logo you can make. C+
BUF - Other then the logo, this is a beautiful jersey that has one of the best colour schemes. B+
CGY - Not a fan of the flaming horse personally, but I really like the red-and-black colour scheme. B-
CAR - Okay, they had an unfair advantage with Hartford on their side, but... c'mon. A-
CHI - A little boring, could have been a little for creative and that logo was already outdated. C+
COL - Literally been wanted for years and Colorado nailed it. A+
CBJ - OVERRATED! C-
DAL - At least pretend you tried, why don't ya? C
DET - Did Detroit forget they were a part of this and patch something up last second? F
EDM - Oilers don't have any other logos, considering that handicap it's not really "retro reverse". But still looks good. B
FLA - Dislike the colour scheme, logos good but Flordia needs to recognize there is more to a jersey then a logo. C
LAK - I want to buy this, this is the only time that yellow really really works for the NHL. A
MIN - Always like the logo, and the colour scheme is outstanding, combine those facts, you get... A
MTL - Another new look people have wanted for a long time, it looks a little weird but the blue looks really slick. A-
NSH - Another example of a team that thought could pull yellow off, should've used their skull logo. C-
NJD - Christmas already? Doesn't work for me, though I know a lot of people like it, just kind of ironic for a team called the Devils. C+
NYI - I still haven't figured out how this is different from their 2010's jerseys. F
NYR - Played really safe, however looks great. B+
OTT - Not really that big of a change from their new update, still looks outstanding though. B+
PHI - UNDERRATED! I really love orange, so no biased here, but still is a great jersey, however, not really "retro reverse" B
PIT - Definition of "retro reverse" this pays homage to their Pirates days. B-
SJS - Not a major fan of old logo, also not a major grey-on-jersey fan. C+
STL - Perfect "retro reverse" definition, blue on red is not my favorite but all I think of is "Brett Hull and Adam Oates". B
TBL - This is their 2000's jersey, so nope sorry. D
TOR - Logo looks extremely bloated, don't like the striped arms and doesn't really excite me. C+
VAN - Only gradient jersey on this list, didn't work for original jersey, looks okay here, but the logo is a bit too big. B-
VGK - Only three years old, so no retro stuff to choose from. Colour scheme is outstanding though not a great logo. B+
WSH - Most of the time red doesn't work on sports jerseys, this is one of those times, though logo is outstanding. C+
WPG - Why did they choose grey, this would've worked with blue or I would've loved to see white, instead we get a boring jersey. B-
Nov. 17, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
ANA - logo and font are kinda weird, but I like the color scheme of it. Not particularly good, but not quite as bad as most think it is. Definitely would've wanted something with the OG Mighty Duck logo
ARI - the purple is beautiful and using the peyote logo was the right call. The desert scenery on the bottom is interesting, but I don't think it will take away from the beauty of the jersey
BOS - I've never been a fan of yellow, and this is a very boring yellow jersey. Not for me
BUF - the more I look at it the less I like it. The logo is cool, I just don't like the colors. I'm also not a huge fan of the royal and yellow combination in general, but I know I'm in the minority with that
CAL - a lot of people either love it or hate it, but I think it's just meh. I'm usually a big fan of black jerseys, but I can't say there's anything I really like or really dislike about it
CAR - love the Whalers logo, but I would've liked to see them do something to modernize it a bit more to not look like a normal retro jersey. Maybe use a green base and throw some red accents in there?
CHI - just looks like another Blackhawks alternate jersey. It looks good, just not nearly as imaginative or creative as a lot of the other ones
COL - absolute beauty. I wasn't even around for the Nordiques, so nostalgia doesn't play a factor here. The colors are perfect and it's a very clean look. The best of them all
CBJ - I'm in the minority with this one, but I love it. The red jersey with the white yoke is beautiful and the logo fits perfectly. They really nailed this one, especially considering how short they've been around
DAL - another one that I'm in the minority with, but I kinda like it. The main logo itself could use some more color, but I think it's a slick and clean jersey. The silver, green and black look nice on the white
DET - the jersey itself looks good, but it's just so boring. They should've done something with the DETROIT lettering that they used on one of their outdoor jerseys
EDM - it's a nice jersey, but just kinda goes with everything they have now. I would've liked to see some changing in the coloration of the logo, but not bad
FLA - I can't say I really have an opinion on this one. Just reminds me of the old Southeast Division days without anything that stands out with it
LAK - beautiful look, they absolutely nailed this one. I love purple and hate yellow, but the yellow provides a nice accent. They used the right logo as well
MIN - Subway jersey. I thought they missed a great opportunity to use the M logo that they have, like how the old North Stars used the N. I don't like this one
MTL - another beauty. They should've had this as an alternate jersey for years. The royal blue looks incredibly good
NAS - it's definitely better than what they wear right now. Still not a fan of yellow jerseys, but the grey shoulders and navy accents help a lot
NJD - this one is growing on me a lot. I love the white jerseys with the green accents, and the green base looks pretty good
NYI - there's no way Lou didn't design this one himself and think it's so creative and imaginative
NYR - we all love Lady Liberty, but they still should've done something more unique with it than changing the forearm color. That doesn't change the fact that I want one
OTT - correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not just a red version of the jerseys they just released? This should be the alternate and the reverse retro should've used the O logo
PHI - just looks like their normal jerseys with a black yoke. Pretty meh to me, not a lot to talk about
PIT - I like the overall design of the jersey. Simple and clean. I don't really see the reverse aspect of it, but I like the jersey nonetheless
SJS - I'm usually not a dan of grey jerseys, but this one looks clean. The Sharks old looks are amazing, so they did a good job with this one
STL - this is pretty sweet. They look better in blue, but the red is bold and creative. I like it a lot
TBL - another one I like a lot. The white yoke looks awesome with the blue jersey and black accents
TOR - very boring and basic. I get that it's tough for the Original 6 teams to be super creative with their jersey designs, so props to them for trying I guess
VAN - the design of the jersey is sweet, but I think they should've gone with the box logo instead of the orca. Still a nice, bold jersey
VGK - it's amazing how a team that's been around for 3 years is is more creative than the teams that have been around for 70. These are slick, and the nod to the old IHL team is really cool
WAS - thank the lord almighty, I've wanted this jersey for years. I can't wait to get one, the Caps couldn't have had a better reverse retro jersey
WPG - the grey is kinda weird, but the logo and fonts are so nice. The blue accents are so nice, but the grey base makes it tough to love
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:23 p.m.
Habs fan somehow
Nailed it: MTL, LAK, MIN, EDM
Meh: COL, CLB, CHI, NJD, PHI
Well, that's interesting: Everything else

Seriously, NHL, all the buildup for this?
Nov. 18, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Holy crap the Leafs one looks terrible. But tons of Leafs fans are going to buy it anyway just because.
Josh liked this.
Nov. 18, 2020 at 5:56 p.m.
LafreneiretoKravtsov
I think just about any team that added gray failed.

Some of these were going to be great, and they let the non-hockey intern ruin them.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 18, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.
LafreneiretoKravtsov
Quoting: gm_jeanguy
Nailed it: MTL, LAK, MIN, EDM
Meh: COL, CLB, CHI, NJD, PHI
Well, that's interesting: Everything else

Seriously, NHL, all the buildup for this?

Meh Colorado?
Who are you???
Nov. 18, 2020 at 6:12 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: Josh
I think just about any team that added gray failed.

Some of these were going to be great, and they let the non-hockey intern ruin them.

I mostly agree, however I think the Whalers jerseys are probably the one extremely rare time I like grey on a jersey. Everything else with grey was a flop IMO.
Nov. 20, 2020 at 9:24 a.m.
how are these newer franchises like vegas releasing "retro" jerseys... 3 years in the league you dont have a retro jersey.
Nov. 20, 2020 at 10:22 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: hanson493
how are these newer franchises like vegas releasing "retro" jerseys... 3 years in the league you dont have a retro jersey.

The striping is a throwback to the old Las Vegas Thunder of the IHL.

1286dedb-d4e6-5ce3-af9d-6e190bdc0639_1024x1024.jpg?v=1585323489
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2020 at 11:32 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: hanson493

Well it’s a team that existed in the city before for Vegas & Minnesota. Everyone else has jerseys that are at least 20 years old, like Columbus’s.
Nov. 20, 2020 at 12:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Anaheim - I don't like it.
Arizona - LOVE IT!
Boston - Pretty good
Buffalo - Pretty good
Calgary - Too similar to the old Canucks jerseys, but it looks pretty good.
Carolina - It's decent. I liked the occasional Whalers throwbacks but as a main third jersey I'm not as big a fan of that idea (I assume they're wearing these more than just a few games, right) ... it looks good, though.
Chicago - They're hiding the logo lol ... I don't really like it, anyway.
Colorado - Same as I said about Carolina's.
Columbus - LOVE IT!
Dallas - Meh
Detroit - Boring
Edmonton - I like it
Florida - It's okay
Los Angeles - I really like it
Minnesota - AWESOME!
Montreal - I really like it
Nashville - Meh
New Jersey - I kinda like it
NY Islanders - Meh
NY Rangers - It's okay
Ottawa - Aren't they using that logo full-time? The Jerseys are okay.
Philadelphia - Meh
Pittsburgh - Interesting ... I don't love it, though.
San Jose - I don't like it.
St. Louis - Meh
Tampa Bay - Meh
Toronto - The n and m are not capitalized ... idk why ... "TOROnTO mAPLE LEAFS" ... by the way, I don't really like the jersey even without the capitalization being done wrong.
Vancouver - Decent
Vegas - PROBABLY THE BEST OF THEM ALL!
Washington - It's pretty good
Winnipeg - ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2020 at 2:23 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
@Kotkaniemi15 At first I thought your profile pic was David Pastrnak lol
oilersguy liked this.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 2:41 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: hockeyman2006
ANA - It's interesting, but I didn't like the original so... C-
ARI - Purple? That only belongs on a Kings uniform (or in basketball). C
BOS - There are only so many variations of their original logo you can make. C+
BUF - Other then the logo, this is a beautiful jersey that has one of the best colour schemes. B+
CGY - Not a fan of the flaming horse personally, but I really like the red-and-black colour scheme. B-
CAR - Okay, they had an unfair advantage with Hartford on their side, but... c'mon. A-
CHI - A little boring, could have been a little for creative and that logo was already outdated. C+
COL - Literally been wanted for years and Colorado nailed it. A+
CBJ - OVERRATED! C-
DAL - At least pretend you tried, why don't ya? C
DET - Did Detroit forget they were a part of this and patch something up last second? F
EDM - Oilers don't have any other logos, considering that handicap it's not really "retro reverse". But still looks good. B
FLA - Dislike the colour scheme, logos good but Flordia needs to recognize there is more to a jersey then a logo. C
LAK - I want to buy this, this is the only time that yellow really really works for the NHL. A
MIN - Always like the logo, and the colour scheme is outstanding, combine those facts, you get... A
MTL - Another new look people have wanted for a long time, it looks a little weird but the blue looks really slick. A-
NSH - Another example of a team that thought could pull yellow off, should've used their skull logo. C-
NJD - Christmas already? Doesn't work for me, though I know a lot of people like it, just kind of ironic for a team called the Devils. C+
NYI - I still haven't figured out how this is different from their 2010's jerseys. F
NYR - Played really safe, however looks great. B+
OTT - Not really that big of a change from their new update, still looks outstanding though. B+
PHI - UNDERRATED! I really love orange, so no biased here, but still is a great jersey, however, not really "retro reverse" B
PIT - Definition of "retro reverse" this pays homage to their Pirates days. B-
SJS - Not a major fan of old logo, also not a major grey-on-jersey fan. C+
STL - Perfect "retro reverse" definition, blue on red is not my favorite but all I think of is "Brett Hull and Adam Oates". B
TBL - This is their 2000's jersey, so nope sorry. D
TOR - Logo looks extremely bloated, don't like the striped arms and doesn't really excite me. C+
VAN - Only gradient jersey on this list, didn't work for original jersey, looks okay here, but the logo is a bit too big. B-
VGK - Only three years old, so no retro stuff to choose from. Colour scheme is outstanding though not a great logo. B+
WSH - Most of the time red doesn't work on sports jerseys, this is one of those times, though logo is outstanding. C+
WPG - Why did they choose grey, this would've worked with blue or I would've loved to see white, instead we get a boring jersey. B-

the oilers do have another logo

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll