Trades
PHI
  1. MacDermid, Kurtis
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (TOR)
  3. 2021 4th round pick (CGY)
LAK
  1. Gostisbehere, Shayne
Additional Details:
Ghost now injury free, is a career 43pt season average, squeezed out in PHI. Hes still young and just 3 seasons removed from 65 pt year. Low Risk-High return possibly. Solid producer for a young squad.
PHI
  1. Wood, Miles
  2. 2022 5th round pick (CBJ)
  3. 2023 4th round pick (NJD)
NJD
  1. van Riemsdyk, James
Additional Details:
Solid producing winger to play with youngsters.
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$67,443,257$66,037$582,500$14,056,743
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$874,125$874,125
C, RW
UFA - 1
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,075,000$1,075,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 5
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 17, 2020 at 9:33 a.m.
Banned
Teams aren't taking Tyler Johnson for nothing, And Cernak isn't enough.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
Michael
You say-"Ghost now injury free, is a career 43pt season average, squeezed out in PHI. Hes still young and just 3 seasons removed from 65 pt year. Low Risk-High return possibly. Solid producer for a young squad."
You say about JVR. "Solid producing winger to play with youngsters."
In both of those statements I would ask if you believe that then why would you trade them? Furthermore, if Im the Kings and Devils Im thinking the same thing and therefor would believe that you are a snake oil salesman.

now the Tampa deal- You don't get Cernak for that deal let alone Johnson too. Also I still believe that Myers will not sign for that low price, he is getting at the very least 3.25 as is Cernak.

I will say I really like the idea of having Johnson, I think he would be perfect for that 3rd line center as I feel in my opinion Nolan Patrick will never play a full season if not ever.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
Boi
Quoting: Roscoe
You say-"Ghost now injury free, is a career 43pt season average, squeezed out in PHI. Hes still young and just 3 seasons removed from 65 pt year. Low Risk-High return possibly. Solid producer for a young squad."
In both of those statements I would ask if you believe that then why would you trade them? Furthermore, if Im the Kings and Devils Im thinking the same thing and therefor would believe that you are a snake oil salesman.

now the Tampa deal- You don't get Cernak for that deal let alone Johnson too. Also I still believe that Myers will not sign for that low price, he is getting at the very least 3.25 as is Cernak.

I will say I really like the idea of having Johnson, I think he would be perfect for that 3rd line center as I feel in my opinion Nolan Patrick will never play a full season if not ever.

Are you kidding? Tampa takes that trade in a heartbeat
Hammerwise liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.

What do you mean that doesn't get you Tyler Johnson? Lol, Tampa literally put him on waivers because no on wanted to trade for him, and even then they could not get rid of him. Tampa Bay would be happy to get anything at all for Johnson at this point.
Hammerwise liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:32 a.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Teams aren't taking Tyler Johnson for nothing, And Cernak isn't enough.

No one took Johnson on waivers for free, hes got a lot of term left on that contract, That offer is really for Cernak. PHI does it to protect against Patrick not being healthy, adding JOhnson's speed, but really its to add a long term, big, stay at home RD who is same age as Myers, Provorov and Sanheim, giving them a solid defense for years.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:36 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Hammerwise
No one took Johnson on waivers for free, hes got a lot of term left on that contract, That offer is really for Cernak. PHI does it to protect against Patrick not being healthy, adding JOhnson's speed, but really its to add a long term, big, stay at home RD who is same age as Myers, Provorov and Sanheim, giving them a solid defense for years.

Odds are that Patrick wont even be playing this season, And why would Johnson waive for Philly only to be relegated to 3rd line minutes? I only see Johnson waiving for a team where he can get Top 6 minutes and that's not in Philly.
Hammerwise liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:42 a.m.

Its simple really, look at the lineup and you'll see JVR is behind Giroux and Lindblom at LW with Farabee and Raffl both at LW, Ghost is behind Provorov and Sanheim at LD, and Ghost's puck rushing is something PHI doesn't lack, as provorov, sanheim and myers are all 30+ pt guys. The team jelled last season going from 8th to challenging for 1st with a stay at home Hagg in the lineup.
Both JVR and Ghost still produce, and while both are overpaid, if you don';t judge on last season in Ghosts case or playoffs in JVRs case, they both still have the ability to produce and neither are old.

For NJ, OTT, LA you don't just fill your top 9 with kids who may struggle mightily to produce or have any confidence (NJ is a great example of this). Ghost is well worth that LA package: a borderline NHLer, a mid to low 3rd and 4th, and a 45+ pt big winger for a bottom 3 LW and a 4th and 5th. Neither contract hurts those teams as they have cap space and both contracts end when their rookies ELC contracts end.

As for Johnson, no one wanted him for free, and at 5mil with a NTC, 4 more years at 30 yrs old? Cernak is the price for a handful of futures (TB only has like 36 guys under contract). So TB gets 8 mil in cap space for a 2nd and 3 mid level prospects.

As for the re-signs of Cernak and Myers, probably right that 3-3.5mil is the range, but PHI has the cap space to do that. (and the space to re-sign Sanheim and Hart next year)
Nov. 17, 2020 at 10:48 a.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
Odds are that Patrick wont even be playing this season, And why would Johnson waive for Philly only to be relegated to 3rd line minutes? I only see Johnson waiving for a team where he can get Top 6 minutes and that's not in Philly.

If he wants to play on a contending team, he accepts. If the likes of OTT, LA, DET, and other weaker teams with cap space don't want JVR and his 3 yrs, I cant see them offering anything for Johnson at 5mil and 4 yrs and gifting him top 6 minutes.

Right now TB cant afford the team they have at 18 skaters and just 36 guys under contract. Johnson has little value and TB cant get rid of him.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 12:38 p.m.
Michael
Quoting: Hammerwise
Its simple really, look at the lineup and you'll see JVR is behind Giroux and Lindblom at LW with Farabee and Raffl both at LW, Ghost is behind Provorov and Sanheim at LD, and Ghost's puck rushing is something PHI doesn't lack, as provorov, sanheim and myers are all 30+ pt guys. The team jelled last season going from 8th to challenging for 1st with a stay at home Hagg in the lineup.
Both JVR and Ghost still produce, and while both are overpaid, if you don';t judge on last season in Ghosts case or playoffs in JVRs case, they both still have the ability to produce and neither are old.

For NJ, OTT, LA you don't just fill your top 9 with kids who may struggle mightily to produce or have any confidence (NJ is a great example of this). Ghost is well worth that LA package: a borderline NHLer, a mid to low 3rd and 4th, and a 45+ pt big winger for a bottom 3 LW and a 4th and 5th. Neither contract hurts those teams as they have cap space and both contracts end when their rookies ELC contracts end.

As for Johnson, no one wanted him for free, and at 5mil with a NTC, 4 more years at 30 yrs old? Cernak is the price for a handful of futures (TB only has like 36 guys under contract). So TB gets 8 mil in cap space for a 2nd and 3 mid level prospects.

As for the re-signs of Cernak and Myers, probably right that 3-3.5mil is the range, but PHI has the cap space to do that. (and the space to re-sign Sanheim and Hart next year)

Good point, thanks
Hammerwise liked this.
Nov. 17, 2020 at 4:40 p.m.

Yeah, not only are you off on your idea TB wouldn't say yes to that trade immediately, the other trades most likely do not happen so the cap space wouldn't be there.

additionally, Myers is not going to sign for 3.25-3.5 unless it's a longer term deal, around 4/5 years, which i don't think he does. he definitely does a bridge deal ala Sanheim for 2 years at a much lesser cap, maybe around 1.75/2 mil. If Stanley Cup champion and resurrection project Zach Bogosian only signs for 1 million, and you see the kinda contracts around the league that people are taking, higher short term deals, there's not shot that's what a bridge deal would be for Myers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll