Forums/Armchair-GM

Johnson

Created by: Revans292
Team: 2020-21 San Jose Sharks
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 18, 2020
Published: Nov. 19, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tampa is posting rumors of a few big trades, Johnson to San Jose has been mentioned, though I doubt it happens.
It’s not a horrible idea..... it I’m not 100% sold on it
Trades
SJS
  1. Johnson, Tyler ($750,000 retained)
  2. 2022 1st round pick (TBL)
TBL
  1. Sörensen, Marcus
  2. 2021 4th round pick (SJS)
Additional Details:
A middle 6 winger plus moving Johnson and saving 2,750,000 they can put towards one of the RFA.
SJS
CAR
  1. Carrick, Trevor
  2. Gambrell, Dylan
  3. Suomela, Antti
Additional Details:
Shipped off to open up spots for our reserve list
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the SJS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$74,039,999$0$597,500$7,460,001

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,725,000$4,725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 7
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$768,333$768,333 (Performance Bonus$65,000$65K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
UFA - 2
$10,000,000$10,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,750,000$5,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 19, 2020 at 2:12 a.m.
Only works if they retain which they wont for 4 years
CD282 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 2:22 a.m.
oh how i suffer
Quoting: papishark
Only works if they retain which they wont for 4 years

oh, but wouldn't it be nice to have that first round pick...
Nov. 19, 2020 at 2:46 a.m.
LETS go PENS
What’s a middle 6 winger?? I never heard anyone say that b4?? It must be west coast hockey slang. Bottom 6 or top 6 right?? What would middle 6 be?? The 2nd and 3rd line?? That makes no sense? It’s not basketball or baseball. The top 6 forwards are pretty much interchangeable. I don’t know what a middle six is, but either way, I don’t think M.Sorensen is one!!
Nov. 19, 2020 at 2:56 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyTownUSA69
What’s a middle 6 winger?? I never heard anyone say that b4?? It must be west coast hockey slang. Bottom 6 or top 6 right?? What would middle 6 be?? The 2nd and 3rd line?? That makes no sense? It’s not basketball or baseball. The top 6 forwards are pretty much interchangeable. I don’t know what a middle six is, but either way, I don’t think M.Sorensen is one!!

You seriously never heard middle six before? It’s players who aren’t quite top line guys and far from 4th line skaters players who will jump between the 2nd and 3rd lines, think Labanc or rust, Kapanen, Strome, Johnson etc. if they are on your first line your team struggles 2ndk line they are good 3rd line you team is killing it!
Sorenson is a bottom 6 guy with middle 6 potential! But I get what your saying and your making a fair point.
HockeyTownUSA69, CheechYou, DartGuy86 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 3:03 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 19, 2020 at 3:35 a.m.
Quoting: Revans292
You seriously never heard middle six before? It’s players who aren’t quite top line guys and far from 4th line skaters players who will jump between the 2nd and 3rd lines, think Labanc or rust, Kapanen, Strome, Johnson etc. if they are on your first line your team struggles 2ndk line they are good 3rd line you team is killing it!
Sorenson is a bottom 6 guy with middle 6 potential! But I get what your saying and your making a fair point.

Nope, top 6 or bottom 6. Middle 6 makes no sense to me?? The 1st two lines are your strong lines. Interchangeable. Guenzel/Crosby/Kapanen, Zucker/Malkin/Rust.
All play about equal minutes and are inter changeable . On any team. The 1st and 2nd line. Or top 6. And top 6 forwards!! Not a top 6 winger?? There would only be 4 wingers. So what is a middle 6 winger?? It’s top 6 or bottom 6 my man. Played hockey into High School. Never heard of middle 6 in my life.

Your 1st line isn’t like your starting line. Your top 6 forwards are. Sometimes your second line takes the opening face-off. Just cause Geno Malkin is on the 2nd line does it make Kapanen who is on the 1st line better?? Just like Hertl being on SJS 2nd line. Top 6 forwards all play about the same number of minutes. A 2nd line forward could be on the 1st PP unit and a 1st line forward could not be.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 5:45 a.m.
Nope, top 6 or bottom 6. Middle 6 makes no sense to me?? The 1st two lines are your strong lines. Interchangeable. Guenzel/Crosby/Kapanen, Zucker/Malkin/Rust.
All play about equal minutes and are inter changeable . On any team. The 1st and 2nd line. Or top 6. And top 6 forwards!! Not a top 6 winger?? There would only be 4 wingers. So what is a middle 6 winger?? It’s top 6 or bottom 6 my man. Played hockey into High School. Never heard of middle 6 in my life.

Your 1st line isn’t like your starting line. Your top 6 forwards are. Sometimes your second line takes the opening face-off. Just cause Geno Malkin is on the 2nd line does it make Kapanen who is on the 1st line better?? Just like Hertl being on SJS 2nd line. Top 6 forwards all play about the same number of minutes. A 2nd line forward could be on the 1st PP unit and a 1st line forward could not be.

Dude I don’t need an education on lines and definitions, I’m aware and I’ve heard scouts rate players potential “middle 6” time and time again This means they are not bottom 6 guys.... but not top 6 either they are kind of in the middle, good years they squeeze into the 2nd line other years they are solid 3rd liners. But you wouldn’t want them on your first line or your 4th line, these guys don’t quite fit the top 6 or bottom 6 mold so they are called middle 6. Yes teams mix and match players for chemistry so occasionally you’ll have players on a 1stvline that are 3rd liners and visa versa. But you know Kap isn’t a top line player just like you know rust isn’t a 4th liner just use logic buddy.
DartGuy86, papishark and KINGS67 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 5:52 a.m.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/c1enmh/top_9_vs_middle_6_forward/

Just for you reference so you can see I’m not crazy!
Nov. 19, 2020 at 5:56 a.m.
backcheck>paycheck

You seriously couldn't figure out what middle 6 meant, or you just love to argue?
theBeer_Leaguer liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 8:01 a.m.
Boi

That’s just because your a pens fan and their foward core has never been that deep, look at tampa, gourde,Johnson, and Coleman are all middle 6 forwards they jump between the middle two lines or the middle 6, don’t know how you’ve never heard that term befire
papishark liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 8:26 a.m.
Banned
There's absolutely no mention of Tyler Johnson to San Jose, After the season the Sharks had. Why would he waive to go there? I see Johnson in Detroit before San Jose just due to Yzerman being GM there and them being a young and up and coming team.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 8:55 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
All GMs probably doubt that the current edition of Johnson is not worth his 5m now and certainly won't be over 4 years of his contract. His NTC may not be such a big factor as he might be AHL bound with out a trade, but cap strapping a team for four years of a declining player..just may not be worth even if the return is a 1st rounder.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:02 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:13 a.m.
Quoting: Bigboi69
That’s just because your a pens fan and their foward core has never been that deep, look at tampa, gourde,Johnson, and Coleman are all middle 6 forwards they jump between the middle two lines or the middle 6, don’t know how you’ve never heard that term befire

What’s the middle 2 lines though?? 2 and 3?? They are completely different lines though? It’s a top 6 and a bottom 6. Top 6 are scorers. Bottom 6 of more of two-way, checking lines. No, I hate to tell u man. I doubt anyone that ever played or even watched hockey heard that term b4. Or can make sense of it. Let alone, middle 6 winger.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:15 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: DartGuy86
You seriously couldn't figure out what middle 6 meant, or you just love to argue?

No, never heard the term in my life!! Just wondering where it comes from? Is it a west coast thing?? But it doesn’t make sense even? Cause a middle 6 winger or middle 6 forward would be a weird way to describe a player.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:28 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:34 a.m.

Dude I don’t need an education on lines and definitions, I’m aware and I’ve heard scouts rate players potential “middle 6” time and time again This means they are not bottom 6 guys.... but not top 6 either they are kind of in the middle, good years they squeeze into the 2nd line other years they are solid 3rd liners. But you wouldn’t want them on your first line or your 4th line, these guys don’t quite fit the top 6 or bottom 6 mold so they are called middle 6. Yes teams mix and match players for chemistry so occasionally you’ll have players on a 1stvline that are 3rd liners and visa versa. But you know Kap isn’t a top line player just like you know rust isn’t a 4th liner just use logic buddy.

Ya, That’s reddit though. I’m not saying you’re crazy. I just don’t get it either though. Cause a 2nd line and 3rd line are completely different players. Most often completely different pay range too. It’s a jump to say a bottom 6 guy and a top 6 guy most often. Few players jump b/ween that. And mostly it’s cause they are younger finding their way onto the team in the bottom 6. And then take over a top 6 role as they mature or cause of injury to move a bottom 6 up. But hey, man. I’m wrong a lot. I’ve just never in my life heard that term or a player describe as a middle 6 guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_%28ice_hockey%29

https://www.crossicehockey.com/building-perfect-hockey-team/?amp=1
Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:29 a.m.
Boi
What’s the middle 2 lines though?? 2 and 3?? They are completely different lines though? It’s a top 6 and a bottom 6. Top 6 are scorers. Bottom 6 of more of two-way, checking lines. No, I hate to tell u man. I doubt anyone that ever played or even watched hockey heard that term b4. Or can make sense of it. Let alone, middle 6 winger.

Lol Bruh the term middle six is literally used everywhere just go watch nhl network or an nbc broadcast, and my coach literally talks about our middle six at least twice a game, also problem is your a pens fan ofc you wouldn’t know what a middle 6 foward is y’all have never had one, gourde,Johnson, Coleman and killorn are all middle six forwards on tampa, only teams that actually have depth have a middle six for example tampa has 5 2nd line guys, but they can’t all play 2nd line so tampa has the best 3rd line in the league. A middle 6 winger is someone who isn’t a 1st liner but isn’t a 4th liner and they switch between the 2nd and 3rd or middle lines
DartGuy86, papishark, Revans292 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:31 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 19, 2020 at 9:41 a.m.
Quoting: Bigboi69
Lol Bruh the term middle six is literally used everywhere just go watch nhl network or an nbc broadcast, and my coach literally talks about our middle six at least twice a game, also problem is your a pens fan ofc you wouldn’t know what a middle 6 foward is y’all have never had one, gourde,Johnson, Coleman and killorn are all middle six forwards on tampa, only teams that actually have depth have a middle six for example tampa has 5 2nd line guys, but they can’t all play 2nd line so tampa has the best 3rd line in the league. A middle 6 winger is someone who isn’t a 1st liner but isn’t a 4th liner and they switch between the 2nd and 3rd or middle lines

Lol, ok. Whatever u say man. But the 1st line isn’t like your starting line. Your top 6 are your best players. Best offensive players. Highest paid players. I don’t know, I still don’t get it.

I understand I guess what u are trying to say. I guess cause TB just won a championship their fans think they know what they are talking about. Welcome to the club!! You now won 2!! You finally have a descent team and arnt just a fluke!! Good for you!! Try it 2 years in a row now and then come talk to me!! Ohh ya, Good luck paying them all now!! Lol!! But don’t worry, every Stanley cup team has that problem. It’s nothing new!! That is very common, unlike “middle 6 winger”.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 11:25 a.m.
Lol, ok. Whatever u say man. But the 1st line isn’t like your starting line. Your top 6 are your best players. Best offensive players. Highest paid players. I don’t know, I still don’t get it.

I understand I guess what u are trying to say. I guess cause TB just won a championship their fans think they know what they are talking about. Welcome to the club!! You now won 2!! You finally have a descent team and arnt just a fluke!! Good for you!! Try it 2 years in a row now and then come talk to me!! Ohh ya, Good luck paying them all now!! Lol!! But don’t worry, every Stanley cup team has that problem. It’s nothing new!! That is very common, unlike “middle 6 winger”.

Tons of people say middle six winger. Not every team has the lottery luck to have two franchise level centers, so some lines are usually stronger on teams. The middle six is for a guy that isnt quite an amazing top sixer, but isnt a fourth liner. Some also call them "tweeners" because they bounce between the top six and bottom.
Revans292 and KINGS67 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 11:50 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:06 p.m.
Quoting: papishark
Tons of people say middle six winger. Not every team has the lottery luck to have two franchise level centers, so some lines are usually stronger on teams. The middle six is for a guy that isnt quite an amazing top sixer, but isnt a fourth liner. Some also call them "tweeners" because they bounce between the top six and bottom.

Oh u mean like P.Marleau and brad Stuart and A.Zyuzin being drafted, #2, #2 and #3 in back to back to back years. Sure they do. Many teams have top picks in back to back years or in years close together. Or top 5 in multiple years recurring. What are u talking about..?? I could name 5 teams in the past 10 years that have. Or like M.Michalek, D.Setoguchi and Logan Couture all top 10 picks in back to back to back drafts??

Never heard of it my man. Younger players bounce b/ween being bottom 6 and then top 6 forward when they mature. Or maybe cause of injury. But it’s a different pay scale even. A bottom 6 and a top 6. What do u pay them? Really man, I don’t think it’s a term used in hockey. Top 6 and bottom 6 has been used forever and is the correct term.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 11:57 a.m.

Lol dude you need to admit you didn’t know something rather than tell a full group of people they made something up. And using the “my team has won more cups” argument doesn’t fly, that doesn’t mean you know any more or any less.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:01 p.m.
Oh u mean like P.Marleau and brad Stuart being drafted #2 and #3 in back to back years. Sure they do. Many teams have top picks in back to back years or in years close together. Or top 5 in multiple years recurring. What are u talking about..?? I could name 5 teams in the past 10 years that have.

Never heard it if it my man. Younger players bounce b/ween being bottom 6 and then top 6 forward when they mature. Or maybe cause injury. But it’s a different pay scale even. A bottom 6 and a top 6. What do u pay them? Really man, I don’t think it’s a term used in hockey. Top 6 and bottom 6 has been used forever and is the correct term.

Dude everyone in here is telling you your wrong Tampa fans Toronto fans and sharks fan, just admit you didn’t know the term and now do. It’s a legit scouting term, and for your reference a top 6 guy is 4.5 a year and up while a middle 6 guy is 1.5-3.5 ish
KINGS67 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:18 p.m.
Dude everyone in here is telling you your wrong Tampa fans Toronto fans and sharks fan, just admit you didn’t know the term and now do. It’s a legit scouting term, and for your reference a top 6 guy is 4.5 a year and up while a middle 6 guy is 1.5-3.5 ish

Sure cause reddit says so. Google it buddy. And just look at the links I posted. The only time I can find anyone using that term. Is on reddit. Or one article about the Bruins. And they Quoted it. Saying “Middle 6” cause it was a new thing. The Bruins were trying switching there forwards b/ween top 6 and bottom 6. They coined the phase. It was a new thing they were calling “middle 6”. Google it and get back to me. Good luck. You’ll see. Believe me, I do, you’re not right. No one that knows or played hockey has ever heard of a middle 6 being a phrase. 1st two lines, top 6, are interchangeable. Bottom 6 and top 6 are not mixed up on lines together. The top 6 are mixed up and bottom 6 lines are mixed. Not together though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/Line_%28ice_hockey%29

https://www.crossicehockey.com/building-perfect-hockey-team/?amp=1

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A2KLfR3CqLZfRW4A8kRx.9w4;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny?qid=20090819000150AALHxd9
Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:21 p.m.
Lol dude you need to admit you didn’t know something rather than tell a full group of people they made something up. And using the “my team has won more cups” argument doesn’t fly, that doesn’t mean you know any more or any less.

That was your argument bud! That I didn’t know what a middle 6 was cause I was a Pens fan and the Pens are bad. And not deep enough. I was Just responding. Saying ohh ya. And u said middle 6 winger?? What does that mean??
Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:38 p.m.
In Zito We Trust
this pens fan has to be a troll...
Revans292 liked this.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.

I think I figured it out. He might be a guy who bases a lot of his knowledge on the NHL games. I dont think they include any kind of middle six rating, but only have elite, top six and bottom six.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.
That was your argument bud! That I didn’t know what a middle 6 was cause I was a Pens fan and the Pens are bad. And not deep enough. I was Just responding. Saying ohh ya. And u said middle 6 winger?? What does that mean??

I never said pens are bad that was someone else who also said they knew what middle 6 meant, and reddit or bruins or west coast wherever it came from
It’s a thing and people use it besides me so quit your complaining and realize middle 6 is a legit thing

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll