$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$3,050,000$3,050,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$795,000$795,000
RW
RFA - 4
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
RD
RFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 19, 2020 at 4:44 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: Lsendel3
Are you implying that Reinhart isn’t producing at a first line winger? Because you would be wrong. I’m not talking too 10/15 but year over year he’s been around 20/25 for points for RW. Rust has done it once. And in your original post, you wrote it as a negative that he plays with Eichel, but didn’t mention rust playing with Malkin. Might want to take your own advice and reread what you wrote

Go re read it man. I never did. U just didn’t read what I said. I said he’s over-rated. Hasn’t produced like a #2 overall pick. And Rust is cheaper and I would rather have Rust and N.Legare and the cap space!! And no, I think he’s a better playmaker than a goal scorer. I’d rather have Rust and Legare on my 1st and 2nd lines RW. Or 2nd and 3rd line RW’s. And have the cap space. They are better scorers. Better shots.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyTownUSA69
Lol. Rust is a Point per game player. Making only 3.5M a year. Legare was a top 50 prospect in his draft class. A “B+”, “A-“ prospect. The Pens were gonna take him or Poulin in the 1st round. And when he fell to the beginning of the 3rd. The Pens traded up to get him and were surprised he was still there. j.Riikola is a valuable Defender. Still young. Came over 2 years from Russia at 25 years old and was a highly touted FA signing. Has played well in limited games. But when he plays. He slides right into the 2nd or 3rd pairing. And plays 16 minutes a night. Not sheltered minutes. Plays both LHD and RHD just as well. His metrics/analytics are great. The Pens trust him and rewarded him that 2 year, 1.1M contract this summer. A perfect 7th D. And can start on the bottom
Pairing on most teams and the 2nd pairing on some teams.

Sam Reinhardt is over-rated. Plays with a top Center in the NHL. He is #2 overall pick. I can see why he is. But I’d rather have Rust and Legare.

I just clicked on his profile. He is a Pens fan though!!! Lol.

Right here. You clearly said it as a negative on reinhart. That’s fine, prospects are prospects. Could pan out to be the next big thing might be (probably due to many factors) will be something less. Rust has outproduced Sam one season. One. You can like him more all you want but Sam has had 4 20 + goal seasons. rust has had 1 ( woulda had 2 in 18/19 for injury). My point is if you are going to ding Sam for Eichel (don’t know why you are still arguring you didn’t, see the bolded, you clearly did) the same must hold true for Rust.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
LETS go PENS
Right here. You clearly said it as a negative on reinhart. That’s fine, prospects are prospects. Could pan out to be the next big thing might be (probably due to many factors) will be something less. Rust has outproduced Sam one season. One. You can like him more all you want but Sam has had 4 20 + goal seasons. rust has had 1 ( woulda had 2 in 18/19 for injury). My point is if you are going to ding Sam for Eichel (don’t know why you are still arguring you didn’t, see the bolded, you clearly did) the same must hold true for Rust.

What? It’s not said as a negative. It’s a statement!! What are u talking about?? He plays with a top Center in the NHL. Meaning he can’t complain about not having good line-mates. Not anywhere does it say that he benefits from a better line than Rust. You’re reading into s*it cause u want that to be an excuse and a reason to argue. I never said that. I said he was over-rated for a #2 overall pick. Which I stand by. And Rust is a point per game player. Reinhardt is not. Which is a factual statement too. And Rust is gonna be traded as point per game player. Right now, he is. Doesn’t matter it was only one year, or a shortened season. Right now, he is traded and gonna be valued as a point per game player when traded. Yes, it’s
The highest his value has ever been so far in his career. And we’ll see if it stays that way. He’s proved he can do it. We’ll see what happened this year.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 7:49 p.m.
Lol. Rust is a Point per game player. Making only 3.5M a year. Legare was a top 50 prospect in his draft class. A “B+”, “A-“ prospect. The Pens were gonna take him or Poulin in the 1st round. And when he fell to the beginning of the 3rd. The Pens traded up to get him and were surprised he was still there. j.Riikola is a valuable Defender. Still young. Came over 2 years from Russia at 25 years old and was a highly touted FA signing. Has played well in limited games. But when he plays. He slides right into the 2nd or 3rd pairing. And plays 16 minutes a night. Not sheltered minutes. Plays both LHD and RHD just as well. His metrics/analytics are great. The Pens trust him and rewarded him that 2 year, 1.1M contract this summer. A perfect 7th D. And can start on the bottom
Pairing on most teams and the 2nd pairing on some teams.

Sam Reinhardt is over-rated. Plays with a top Center in the NHL. He is #2 overall pick. I can see why he is. But I’d rather have Rust and Legare.

I just clicked on his profile. He is a Pens fan though!!! Lol.

Lol. Rust is a career .55 points per game player that is 45 per 82. Nathan Legare was picked 74th o/a middle of the third round and regressed after his draft year. Rikoola could not beat out Jack Johnson for an everyday spot in the Pens D core. Sam Reinhart is not by any means a top 10 player in the league but he is definitely better than this return
Nov. 19, 2020 at 7:56 p.m.
What? It’s not said as a negative. It’s a statement!! What are u talking about?? He plays with a top Center in the NHL. Meaning he can’t complain about not having good line-mates. Not anywhere does it say that he benefits from a better line than Rust. You’re reading into s*it cause u want that to be an excuse and a reason to argue. I never said that. I said he was over-rated for a #2 overall pick. Which I stand by. And Rust is a point per game player. Reinhardt is not. Which is a factual statement too. And Rust is gonna be traded as point per game player. Right now, he is. Doesn’t matter it was only one year, or a shortened season. Right now, he is traded and gonna be valued as a point per game player when traded. Yes, it’s
The highest his value has ever been so far in his career. And we’ll see if it stays that way. He’s proved he can do it. We’ll see what happened this year.

Again Rust is a career .55 points per game player while Reinhart is .63 points per game. If we Just want to go to a small sample size and take Sam's best 55 game stretch to define what caliber a player he is which you are clearly doing with Rust then we can call Sam a 30 + goal scorer and more than a point per game player. But in all honesty the bigger the sample size the more true picture of the player and by career numbers Sam is clearly better and younger with more expected added productivity in years to come.
Nov. 19, 2020 at 10:07 p.m.

Dude it’s called inferring what you are saying. Who here ever said Reinhart played with bad line mates? If anyone is taking things and running with them that no one said it’s you. You can’t sit here and say Reinhart plays with a star caliber center as a point of argument when rust does also. That is what is called a disingenuous statement. You keep arguing about things I never said, Sabres fans really don’t want rust, or anyone else in this package for reinhart. At best they get equal production from Rust as reinhart and a prospect for a 2nd (who again I don’t know, but don’t think he’s jumped up 2 full rounds of value.) jusso is literally nothing in the deal. Not to mention it was a Pitt fan, and you see almost every Sabres fan has said absolutely not
Nov. 19, 2020 at 11:00 p.m.
Retired V2 V3 GM
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
I don't think you know what facts are.

And why should I "trust you"?

Lol dude....

They are FACTS because the BEST TSN Insider Trading Analysts discussed it and I'm sure they know a crap ton more than you do about the NHL and players in general.
And just so you know. (Cause ya you probably don't) The Best analysts arguably all-time are: Bob McKenzie, James Duthie, Darren Dreger, Craig Button & Pierre LeBrun.

Is that enough evidence for you or are you "SMARTER" than the TSN Analysts??? Huh???
Nov. 20, 2020 at 4:27 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 20, 2020 at 5:43 a.m.
Dude it’s called inferring what you are saying. Who here ever said Reinhart played with bad line mates? If anyone is taking things and running with them that no one said it’s you. You can’t sit here and say Reinhart plays with a star caliber center as a point of argument when rust does also. That is what is called a disingenuous statement. You keep arguing about things I never said, Sabres fans really don’t want rust, or anyone else in this package for reinhart. At best they get equal production from Rust as reinhart and a prospect for a 2nd (who again I don’t know, but don’t think he’s jumped up 2 full rounds of value.) jusso is literally nothing in the deal. Not to mention it was a Pitt fan, and you see almost every Sabres fan has said absolutely not

Good luck man!! Hope Reihhart works out for u!! I’m not reading and responded to your posts when u dont read and comprehend mine!! Good luck!! Not doing this is. U obviously don’t understand. I just block people
Like this!!
Nov. 20, 2020 at 4:33 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Quoting: dzmets
Again Rust is a career .55 points per game player while Reinhart is .63 points per game. If we Just want to go to a small sample size and take Sam's best 55 game stretch to define what caliber a player he is which you are clearly doing with Rust then we can call Sam a 30 + goal scorer and more than a point per game player. But in all honesty the bigger the sample size the more true picture of the player and by career numbers Sam is clearly better and younger with more expected added productivity in years to come.

yep, I agree. But at the time of this trade Rust is a point per game player. Fact!! Rust has done it. Reinhart hasnt!! Fact!! It’s not a potential point per game player. Or something you can’t really quantify like potential. It’s a fact. At the time of this trade Rust’s value would be that of a point per game player. And the Pens would use that. They would expect that in return or what they thought was a fair return for a point per game player.
Nov. 20, 2020 at 4:46 a.m.
LETS go PENS
Edited Nov. 20, 2020 at 5:13 a.m.
Quoting: dzmets
Lol. Rust is a career .55 points per game player that is 45 per 82. Nathan Legare was picked 74th o/a middle of the third round and regressed after his draft year. Rikoola could not beat out Jack Johnson for an everyday spot in the Pens D core. Sam Reinhart is not by any means a top 10 player in the league but he is definitely better than this return

Legare was the 34 ranked player in his draft class. Was a late 1st , early 2nd round projection. The Pens were taking him or Poulin in the 1st round. He fell to the 3rd round. They traded up to get him, surprised he was still there!!

Legare is 20 years old, the captain of his team in the Q, had 71 points in 61 games last year. And 87 points in 72 games the year before. The Two years he has been with the Pens!! Regressed?? Huge drop off!! Lol!! Good analysis!!

Riikola was a highly touted FA Defensive signing from Europe at 25 years old. Was the “A” captain of his team in the KHL. He has played well in limited games. Like most Defensemen coming over from Europe and adjusting to the smaller rink and more physical game. His metrics and analytics are great. And numbers per 60 are as well. Same as per 82 games. Although, limited games, it’s not limited minutes or sheltered ice time. He has played 16 minutes a game. Slid into either the 2nd or 3rd D pairing on the LHD or RHD spot equally as well.

Every fan and analysts were screaming last year for him to replace J.Shultz on the RHD or JJ on the LHD on the 3rd D pairing last year. It’s just hard when the other 2 make a ton of money and u want to trade them and keep their trade value and your leverage high. Riikola was rewarded this offseason with his 1.1M contract. He’s a top five, 7th Defensemen in the league. Would be a top 6 defenseman right now on many NHL teams. His Number and Analytics prove it. Plays both RHD and LHD just as well!

We’ll see how well A.Zub and Lehtonen do this year. If they have the same numbers In Toronto and for the Sens as Riikola does, they will be happy with their 1st season. Again, sorry, but your take isn’t right!!
Nov. 20, 2020 at 10:05 a.m.
Good luck man!! Hope Reihhart works out for u!! I’m not reading and responded to your posts when u dont read and comprehend mine!! Good luck!! Not doing this is. U obviously don’t understand. I just block people
Like this!!

Yep you’re also not gonna be responded to. Why even say reinhart plays with Eichel if not a negative attached to it? Because that’s what you meant and you know it. Now when you’ve been called out by 3 Sabres fans that rust also plays with Malkin you try to rope it back in. And sorry that trades don’t work in a vacuum if he’s been a ppg player once therefore he has ppg player value. In that case, Murray would have been traded for a 7th round pick because he posted a .899 save % last year which is incredibly bad, and was rated as below replacement level. But he wasn’t. He was traded for a second due to past performances. You don’t get to just hold the past performances that are positive and discard the fact that rust had been a .5 per game player up until this year. That’s not how this works. That’s not how any of this works. But good luck to you. Maybe in the future if you don’t want people to read what you wrote and take that information, don’t post it. Save us both some time
Nov. 20, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
yep, I agree. But at the time of this trade Rust is a point per game player. Fact!! Rust has done it. Reinhart hasnt!! Fact!! It’s not a potential point per game player. Or something you can’t really quantify like potential. It’s a fact. At the time of this trade Rust’s value would be that of a point per game player. And the Pens would use that. They would expect that in return or what they thought was a fair return for a point per game player.

Based upon your perspective then Ryan Strome would clearly have a higher trade value at this time than Pierre Luc Dubois with Columbus correct?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll