Forums/Armchair-GM

A Simple Trade

Created by: OldNYIfan
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 13, 2020
Published: Nov. 30, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
. . . that brings Toronto under the cap. Otherwise, they're more than $1 million over, with few sensible avenues to solving the problem due to the amount (more than an ELC) that they're over. (After all, many Toronto fans didn't like my idea of trading Freddie Andersen away.)

The ability to bring Anderson or Barabanov or Korshkov or Malgin or Sandin or Liljegren up from the Marlies to replace an injured player without further roster adjustment shouldn't be understated.

Personally, I'd hate to see Kerfoot go, but this solves a lot of Toronto's problems without creating a new major one, in my opinion.
Trades
TOR
  1. Kämpf, David
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (CHI)
CHI
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$80,246,408$0$0$1,253,592
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$874,125$874,125
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:14 p.m.
Quoting: Barilko14
Not typically how multi-billion dollar industries tend to operate.

But like you've been saying - difference of opinion.

Yes, I’m sure they have plan A through Z. And everyone has given their opinions. Yes, That’s how big organizations and big industries are run. A lot of cooks in the kitchen!! But the decision isnt made yet. Yes, a lot of money is on the line. Still a wait and see until they decide. I wouldn’t be surprised if the start of season was pushed back to end of January soon. Seeing as the disagreements in money they are having with the players.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:16 p.m.
Not NFL injury list. That's the NFL COVID list.

Wasn’t aware Roesthlisburger quarantined for covid or had any test positive. I made sure I looked at the Steelers part of that list. Seattle only had one player on the list. The list looks long but if you go through and look, it’s not that bad. Like u said, players are gonna get covid. It’s not that bad when I go through the list.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
Quoting: PGHBOB69
Yes, I’m sure they have plan A through Z. And everyone has given their opinions. Yes, That’s how big organizations and big industries are run. A lot of cooks in the kitchen!! But the decision isnt made yet. Yes, a lot of money is on the line. Still a wait and see until they decide. I wouldn’t be surprised if the start of season was pushed back to end of January soon. Seeing as the disagreements in money they are having with the players.

Well, if they push it back to end of January, that will definitely leave no room for postponements. Typical playoffs can last over two months. So playoffs would have to start at the 2nd week of May at the latest. That would leave 3.5 months at most for the season. 17+ games per month (way higher than usual).
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:26 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
Wasn’t aware Roesthlisburger quarantined for covid or had any test positive. I made sure I looked at the Steelers part of that list. Seattle only had one player on the list. The list looks long but if you go through and look, it’s not that bad. Like u said, players are gonna get covid. It’s not that bad when I go through the list.

Doubt you'd be saying that if your team lost 2 or 3 games (enough to miss the playoffs) because of starters missing games. There's also the fact that anyone in close contact with one of those guys misses practice all week.

Also, I wish I could have your attitude about COVID, considering there is 270K deaths in your country alone.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:33 p.m.
Doubt you'd be saying that if your team lost 2 or 3 games (enough to miss the playoffs) because of starters missing games. There's also the fact that anyone in close contact with one of those guys misses practice all week.

Also, I wish I could have your attitude about COVID, considering there is 270K deaths in your country alone.

No, It sucks man!! But it’s getting better. And 90% of people would say the NFL season has been a success so far. And things can change quickly. We’ll see what happens with vaccine. The tests are super cheap and readily available.

I would also want a taxi squad and be hoping for one if my team planned to play with a 21 man roster with this situation. Like they said they would if the season was to start.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
H

We’ll see man!! A lot can change in a month. I think this situation has proven that!! There is a vaccine now. We will see what happens with that. The tests are very cheap and very accessible now. Like I said, just a difference in opinions. I just don’t see major changes happening. Although I’m sure all leafs fans want there to be a taxi squad, I would too, if my team was that up against the cap.

My post has zero to do with being a Leafs fan or fan of any team. My post is about how the league should be prepared to operate in the middle of a pandemic. Vaccines coming in 2021 is good news but people need to think about the time it's going to take to vaccinate the majority of North America, nevermind the rest of the world which is just as important.

Seeing what's going on in Alberta, I hope the NHL really thinks things through before any season starting up.
PGHBOB69 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:46 p.m.
Edited Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
My post has zero to do with being a Leafs fan or fan of any team. My post is about how the league should be prepared to operate in the middle of a pandemic. Vaccines coming in 2021 is good news but people need to think about the time it's going to take to vaccinate the majority of North America, nevermind the rest of the world which is just as important.

Seeing what's going on in Alberta, I hope the NHL really thinks things through before any season starting up.

I didn’t “quote” you bud!! I read your comment. But I was talking to my other Friend!! Lol

And yes, like I said, I’m sure they have plan A through Z. And it’s obviously not decided yet. A lot of money at play. I’m guessing it’s still a wait and see for them. Seeing as like I said, things can change quickly, and have been!! And nothing has been announced or leaked.

And I actually hope there is a taxi squad too!! I want to see PO-Joseph and Legare, for the Pens, on the taxi squad.
Dec. 8, 2020 at 3:54 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
21 man rosters b/c of cap problems!! Come on man, the NFL season isn’t that bad so far either. What are u talking about. Naive?? Like I said, I’m from pittsburgh, the NFL team who has probably been screwed the most. And I think the season is a success. This week was bad!! Yes!! But if 1 bad week is all through-out 16 weeks, then again, yes, the season is a success. Just this week it was bad. Weeks and weeks with barely nothing.

I don’t know man, I guess we will see!! Just a difference of opinion is all!! I just don’t see it being changed a lot!! If there is no AHL season, then yes, I can see a taxi-squad. But if the AHL plays, and I don’t know, same as the NHL, a Canadian conference, then no, I doubt there will be a taxi squad.

The leafs already said, they plan on starting the season off with a 21 man roster. It’s their choice b/c of a cap crunch. And I think the leafs had a great offseason!! Last years problems were Defense, NHL caliber depth, toughness and leadership. They addressed everyone!! And same as I think You’ll see a big difference in Kappy, coming into a lockerroom full of adults and a locker room with SID and Geno. And not a locker room full of kids and his peers!! I think Thornton, Simmons, Bogs, are gonna have a huge impact on Toronto’s locker room and their young players!! And With or without a taxi-squad, The leafs are starting the season with a 21 man roster.

Per P. Lebrun today.

"For now, the aim is a Jan. 13 and a 56-game season.

Other remaining questions and details:

• Roster sizes: Obviously the NHL can’t have a season during the pandemic with normal-sized rosters. Sources said Tuesday the NHL has proposed a framework to the NHLPA dealing with rosters but the two sides have yet to iron that out"
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
Per P. Lebrun today.

"For now, the aim is a Jan. 13 and a 56-game season.

Other remaining questions and details:

• Roster sizes: Obviously the NHL can’t have a season during the pandemic with normal-sized rosters. Sources said Tuesday the NHL has proposed a framework to the NHLPA dealing with rosters but the two sides have yet to iron that out"

Good deal!! That’s the 1st article, quote I’ve seen confirming that. It’s all been speculation. But ya, if 3 players get Covid. It would be hard to not cancel games. Cause to call up players from the AHL(if there is one) they would need to quarantine for 3 days b4 they played. Ya, it would be tough. But I just thought they were gonna wait and see what happens with the vaccine.
Barilko14 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 3:44 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Yes, because Chicago gets much the better player.

Your counter-offer is blind homerism at its worst.

Kerfoot is literally being used as a cap dump, there is no need for him in Chicago nor is there a reason for Chicago to **** their cap for 3 years with Kerfoot to be a 4th line C. Chicago sending the bettter pick is downright laughable

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll