$2,425,000$2,425,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,550,000$2,550,000
C
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 1, 2020 at 10:50 a.m.
Trade makes a lot more sense for Boston than Calgary. This would deplete Calgary's left side, Kylington isn't ready for top 4 and they need to look for life after Giordano. Calgary already has two strong defensive workhorses on their right side, why need a 3rd? Carlo is a great player, but I still gotta feeling Hanifin hasn't met anywhere close to his ceiling in the NHL.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 10:50 a.m.
what else is Boston adding
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: ek_65
Trade makes a lot more sense for Boston than Calgary. This would deplete Calgary's left side, Kylington isn't ready for top 4 and they need to look for life after Giordano. Calgary already has two strong defensive workhorses on their right side, why need a 3rd? Carlo is a great player, but I still gotta feeling Hanifin hasn't met anywhere close to his ceiling in the NHL.

Same thing for the Bruins, if Carlo is moved, they don't have anyone to play on the second pair on the right side. Deal doesn't make sense for both teams; we'll still keep seeing it for weeks.

Quoting: Alfie11

3rd at best.
ek_65 and Heyhowareya37 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:12 a.m.
Rangers 2023

Calgary has valimaki
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:14 a.m.
Bcarlo25

Nothing.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:15 a.m.
Bcarlo25

Literally same exact thing for boston. Difference is i think Carlo is a smidge better and cheaper. If people think that Carlo is going to get a raise to over 6 million after this season, that would be a serious case for the bruins making this trade and adding. However i don’t think that will happen. Points get paid, shut down d doesn’t.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Nothing.

Hanifin is better and on a much better contract. Boston would definitely adding if a trade based around this made sense, which it doesn’t
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:30 a.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Calgary has valimaki

Maybe consider the trade when Valimaaki plays a full season and you know what you have. He's a great D but only 21 and didn't play a single hockey game last season. He could probably replace Hanifin's role in next year or two. When Giordano declines, or retires (he's 37) you need a guy to be 100% ready to fill in or the whole ship goes down without him IMO.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:31 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Hanifin is better and on a much better contract. Boston would definitely adding if a trade based around this made sense, which it doesn’t

I think Carlo is the better player. I don’t think its by an insane margin, but I think its significant. As mentioned above if you think Carlo will be getting 6million on his next deal, you have a case for the hanifin contract being better.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
Rangers 2023
Maybe consider the trade when Valimaaki plays a full season and you know what you have. He's a great D but only 21 and didn't play a single hockey game last season. He could probably replace Hanifin's role in next year or two. When Giordano declines, or retires (he's 37) you need a guy to be 100% ready to fill in or the whole ship goes down without him IMO.

Hes lighting up finland, hes ready NOW
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:46 a.m.
I think Carlo is the better player. I don’t think its by an insane margin, but I think its significant. As mentioned above if you think Carlo will be getting 6million on his next deal, you have a case for the hanifin contract being better.

I guess we can disagree on who’s better but I feel like Hanifin is fine defensively and pretty solid offensively, with room to grow still, Carlo is already basically what he’ll always be, a shutdown D with little offensive contribution. Hanifin’s also already locked up for another 4 years. And Carlo won’t be getting 6mil on his next deal, he’s good but he’s not Brodin, that’s the gold standard for a shutdown D and he only got 6mil. There’s not a chance a guy who hasn’t hit 20 points yet gets 6mil. Especially since both Boston and Calgary are hardass negotiators. Only way he gets overpaid is if they had a handshake deal for him to take less on this bridge.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.
Bcarlo25
I guess we can disagree on who’s better but I feel like Hanifin is fine defensively and pretty solid offensively, with room to grow still, Carlo is already basically what he’ll always be, a shutdown D with little offensive contribution. Hanifin’s also already locked up for another 4 years. And Carlo won’t be getting 6mil on his next deal, he’s good but he’s not Brodin, that’s the gold standard for a shutdown D and he only got 6mil. There’s not a chance a guy who hasn’t hit 20 points yet gets 6mil. Especially since both Boston and Calgary are hardass negotiators. Only way he gets overpaid is if they had a handshake deal for him to take less on this bridge.

Eh, i think Carlo is better defensively than Brodin.

In regards to him being what he is, that is very possible, but he has shown an area of his game offensively that could lead to a lot more points. He’s in the play all the time. His skating is so good that he’s really able to jump up in the play. However, holy crap he seems nervous every time he has the puck in a scoring opportunity. Guys that can’t skate don’t really have the chance to improve on their offense. Carlo can skate.

If you don’t think Carlo will get that much money on his next deal, than that kind of swings the value pendulum contractually back to point Carlo. He’s much cheaper this year and will likely continue to be cheaper.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 11:56 a.m.

Hanifin is still young but he's been in the NHL for five years. Carlo can keep improving and be a top3 defensive D eventually, that argument works for both.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 12:02 p.m.

Noah had 22 points last year. Carlo had 19. Noah plays PP. Carlo does not. He has had to babysit Krug and has not been asked to do anything offensively, may see more from him. Carlo even has better Corsi rating. Both same age but Noah will improve and Carlo won’t? Flawed logic.

Noah is vastly overrated. Especially by Boston fans. He grades out as a 2nd pair, Carlo...a 1st. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d rather have Carlo. The right shot and type of game he plays is far more valuable to Boston.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Eh, i think Carlo is better defensively than Brodin.

In regards to him being what he is, that is very possible, but he has shown an area of his game offensively that could lead to a lot more points. He’s in the play all the time. His skating is so good that he’s really able to jump up in the play. However, holy crap he seems nervous every time he has the puck in a scoring opportunity. Guys that can’t skate don’t really have the chance to improve on their offense. Carlo can skate.

If you don’t think Carlo will get that much money on his next deal, than that kind of swings the value pendulum contractually back to point Carlo. He’s much cheaper this year and will likely continue to be cheaper.

I feel like you’ll have trouble convincing people he’s better than Brodin, Brodin’s pretty much the consensus best defensive defenseman in the league, and the fancy stats back it up. I think his role is going to be as a #3 best D on the team acting as a rock to an offensive roamer on one of the top two pairs, don’t think he’s going to be all that effective offensively. He had 58% offensive zone starts this year at 5v5 and 10 of his 19 points were secondary assists. For reference, Hanifin was mostly used in a shutdown role with Hamonic this year and had 42% offensive starts at 5v5. He was also only used sparingly on PP2 (had to compete with Brodie and Andersson, and eventually Giordano as well, when Gustafsson took over PP1). He definitely has the potential to become a top pairing defenseman, and I just view Carlo as only reaching that point on a contender if the two best defensemen on the team are both lefties and he pairs with one of them.

Quoting: bhavikp27
Hanifin is still young but he's been in the NHL for five years. Carlo can keep improving and be a top3 defensive D eventually, that argument works for both.

I do think that’s what he’ll be, yes. I just don’t see the offensive upside, which is fine, but that’ll just mean that a top 3 defensive D is all he’ll be. That’s great of course, teams need that, I just think Hanifin is capable of filling a defensive role (he played that this year with Hamonic, who had a pretty mediocre year) and still provide 30+ points per year, maybe 40 if he establishes himself on PP2 full time. A year ironing out some inconsistencies with Tanev as a partner and he’ll probably be ready to take over from Gio on the top pair.

Quoting: Gofnut999
Noah had 22 points last year. Carlo had 19. Noah plays PP. Carlo does not. He has had to babysit Krug and has not been asked to do anything offensively, may see more from him. Carlo even has better Corsi rating. Both same age but Noah will improve and Carlo won’t? Flawed logic.

Noah is vastly overrated. Especially by Boston fans. He grades out as a 2nd pair, Carlo...a 1st. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I’d rather have Carlo. The right shot and type of game he plays is far more valuable to Boston.

He played limited PP2 which featured Lucic, Ryan, and Backlund as his 3 most common forward linemates lol, not exactly a lethal unit. I would expect Carlo to have a better corsi rating with a 58% 5v5 ozone start rate playing with Krug most of the time and the best line in the world half the time vs. Hanifin’s 42% 5v5 ozone start rate playing behind forwards who all had career worst seasons, and even then Carlo only had a 0.84% better CF%. If anything the fact that he didn’t blow Hanifin out of the water is a testament to Hanifin’s game.

I don’t think Carlo won’t improve, I just think he won’t improve all that much offensively. Like I said, I see him as a top 3 defensive D, which is great, especially as a right shot, I just see Hanifin as having legitimate top pair potential in whatever role you want him to play. I can understand wanting a right shot more than a left shot but I think Hanifin’s potential is higher than Carlo’s overall and his contract is fantastic, locked up for several years at a reasonable price, especially if he does become a top pair guy in a year.
bhavikp27 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I feel like you’ll have trouble convincing people he’s better than Brodin, Brodin’s pretty much the consensus best defensive defenseman in the league, and the fancy stats back it up. I think his role is going to be as a #3 best D on the team acting as a rock to an offensive roamer on one of the top two pairs, don’t think he’s going to be all that effective offensively. He had 58% offensive zone starts this year at 5v5 and 10 of his 19 points were secondary assists. For reference, Hanifin was mostly used in a shutdown role with Hamonic this year and had 42% offensive starts at 5v5. He was also only used sparingly on PP2 (had to compete with Brodie and Andersson, and eventually Giordano as well, when Gustafsson took over PP1). He definitely has the potential to become a top pairing defenseman, and I just view Carlo as only reaching that point on a contender if the two best defensemen on the team are both lefties and he pairs with one of them.

I do think that’s what he’ll be, yes. I just don’t see the offensive upside, which is fine, but that’ll just mean that a top 3 defensive D is all he’ll be. That’s great of course, teams need that, I just think Hanifin is capable of filling a defensive role (he played that this year with Hamonic, who had a pretty mediocre year) and still provide 30+ points per year, maybe 40 if he establishes himself on PP2 full time. A year ironing out some inconsistencies with Tanev as a partner and he’ll probably be ready to take over from Gio on the top pair.

He played limited PP2 which featured Lucic, Ryan, and Backlund as his 3 most common forward linemates lol, not exactly a lethal unit. I would expect Carlo to have a better corsi rating with a 58% 5v5 ozone start rate playing with Krug most of the time and the best line in the world half the time vs. Hanifin’s 42% 5v5 ozone start rate playing behind forwards who all had career worst seasons, and even then Carlo only had a 0.84% better CF%. If anything the fact that he didn’t blow Hanifin out of the water is a testament to Hanifin’s game.

I don’t think Carlo won’t improve, I just think he won’t improve all that much offensively. Like I said, I see him as a top 3 defensive D, which is great, especially as a right shot, I just see Hanifin as having legitimate top pair potential in whatever role you want him to play. I can understand wanting a right shot more than a left shot but I think Hanifin’s potential is higher than Carlo’s overall and his contract is fantastic, locked up for several years at a reasonable price, especially if he does become a top pair guy in a year.

Interesting, Carlo outscored hanifin at 5 on 5. I wouldn’t have expected that.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 1:27 p.m.
Interesting, Carlo outscored hanifin at 5 on 5. I wouldn’t have expected that.

A product of playing with Marchand and Pastrnak having career-2nd-best and career-best years respectively, rather than Gaudreau and Monahan having the worst year of their career since their rookie seasons most likely. Carlo did have less 5v5 primary points though
Dec. 1, 2020 at 1:43 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks

Hanifin is not better.
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 1:57 p.m.
Bcarlo25
A product of playing with Marchand and Pastrnak having career-2nd-best and career-best years respectively, rather than Gaudreau and Monahan having the worst year of their career since their rookie seasons most likely. Carlo did have less 5v5 primary points though

It’s not like he was out there exclusively with the top line. I don’t really feel like spending the time looking it up, but i would expect marchand and pastrnak only accounted for about five of his points.

Anyway, if you feel like watching some old games, I’m sure you could find the last series boston played against toronto. I think if you watch that, you might think differently of him. There were two, maybe three games where Carlo was the best player on the ice by a mile.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
It’s not like he was out there exclusively with the top line. I don’t really feel like spending the time looking it up, but i would expect marchand and pastrnak only accounted for about five of his points.

Anyway, if you feel like watching some old games, I’m sure you could find the last series boston played against toronto. I think if you watch that, you might think differently of him. There were two, maybe three games where Carlo was the best player on the ice by a mile.

I used it as a comparable because both played around 300-350 mins with those lines. Fwiw 8 of his 14 5v5 assists were on goals scored by the top line. Everyone has really good games, and I don’t need proof that Carlo is a good player anyway, I’m fully acknowledging that, I just don’t think his defensive game is too much better than Hanifin’s and Hanifin’s offensive upside is significantly higher. Having lower potential than Hanifin doesn’t make him bad.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.
Bcarlo25
I used it as a comparable because both played around 300-350 mins with those lines. Fwiw 8 of his 14 5v5 assists were on goals scored by the top line. Everyone has really good games, and I don’t need proof that Carlo is a good player anyway, I’m fully acknowledging that, I just don’t think his defensive game is too much better than Hanifin’s and Hanifin’s offensive upside is significantly higher. Having lower potential than Hanifin doesn’t make him bad.

Oh god. No no i really disagree with that. I think defensively Carlo to hanifin is like comparing an NHL player to a ECHL player.
Bdawwwgy1 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 3:35 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Oh god. No no i really disagree with that. I think defensively Carlo to hanifin is like comparing an NHL player to a ECHL player.

This site frustrates me when it comes to these two. Id rather have Carlo any day of the week.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Bdawwwgy1
This site frustrates me when it comes to these two. Id rather have Carlo any day of the week.

I kind of get it. Let’s be honest, most of us don’t see every team play a ton. A lot of posters here just fall back on points, draft pedigree and such as the be all end all. Something thats in the form of a number. Doesn’t always work like that.

I agree with you 100%
Bdawwwgy1 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Why would u sign Bowey if u get carlo?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll