$700,000$700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,550,000$4,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 4
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Why?
bhavikp27, SadSensFan14 and yikes liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Probably half of the league could beat that offer for Marchand
SadSensFan14 and yikes liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
This is one of the worst posts of all time
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg

Ya think? I think everyone would love to get one of the best players in the league for a solid prospect and a cap dump
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:10 p.m.
Are these trades cap dumps????
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
Banned
Detroit passes, We don't want David krejci, Nor would he even waive to go to Detroit.
SadSensFan14 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 6:48 p.m.
As a Wings fan I can say you are over paying AA.
SadSensFan14 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Marchand has a NMC for reason;. And even Krejci's M NTC won't include lousy teams with cap.
SadSensFan14 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:14 p.m.
Serf
Ottawa doesn't need to trade Anisimov. They have more than enough cap space, and his salary is only $1.5MM this season.

Batherson is 10 years younger than Marchand, and fits into the Senators rebuild, and Marchand definitely doesn't fit into the Senators rebuild. Yes he has been a good player, for a lot of years, but Ottawa isn't competing this season, and maybe not next season, and when they are, Marchand will be 34, and Batherson 24.

Batherson isn't just the number one prospect in Ottawa, he's one of the best prospects on the league.

Ottawa easily rejects your offer
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:18 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: sensibleguy
Ottawa doesn't need to trade Anisimov. They have more than enough cap space, and his salary is only $1.5MM this season.

Batherson is 10 years younger than Marchand, and fits into the Senators rebuild, and Marchand definitely doesn't fit into the Senators rebuild. Yes he has been a good player, for a lot of years, but Ottawa isn't competing this season, and maybe not next season, and when they are, Marchand will be 34, and Batherson 24.

Batherson isn't just the number one prospect in Ottawa, he's one of the best prospects on the league.

Ottawa easily rejects your offer

Are you out of your mind? You’re getting an elite player for nothing. Turn around and flip him for multiple firsts.
yikes liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:40 p.m.
Serf
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Are you out of your mind? You’re getting an elite player for nothing. Turn around and flip him for multiple firsts.

Turn him around? To get a prospect like Batherson?
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Turn him around? To get a prospect like Batherson?

In the context of getting brad marchand, drake batherson is an absolute nothing. This would be the best trade in senators history.
yikes liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.
Serf
In the context of getting brad marchand, drake batherson is an absolute nothing. This would be the best trade in senators history.

Marchand has been a very good player for the Bruins, but Ottawa is a rebuilding team, and they aren't trading their best prospect for a player they would have to find a trade partner for. If you're offering him to Ottawa, you couldn't find another taker. If you think you can find another taker, then don't offer him to Ottawa, where he's not wanted.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:47 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Marchand has been a very good player for the Bruins, but Ottawa is a rebuilding team, and they aren't trading their best prospect for a player they would have to find a trade partner for. If you're offering him to Ottawa, you couldn't find another taker. If you think you can find another taker, then don't offer him to Ottawa, where he's not wanted.

The point is, in terms of assets, the senators could acquire marchand, and trade him for a different team for 5x what they’re giving up here, which isn’t really anything special.
yikes liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:48 p.m.
Serf
The point is, in terms of assets, the senators could acquire marchand, and trade him for a different team for 5x what they’re giving up here, which isn’t really anything special.

You trade him if you think he's worth so much
Dec. 1, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
Bcarlo25
You trade him if you think he's worth so much

Why would i? He’s an elite NHL player on an awesome contract.
yikes liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 9:01 p.m.
Serf
Why would i? He’s an elite NHL player on an awesome contract.

Here it is in a nutshell, the OP wants Batherson, probably worried about the Marchand injury, which isn't really serious and should take about 6 months to get back to 100%. That's not 6 months of recovery, that's 6 months to 100%, sorry for repeating, but some people reading this might not get it at first. Marchand has a decent contract, considering all he does, but everyone gets old, and Ottawa has no use for him. Here's the kicker, most teams don't trade for players to trade away. It happens sometimes, but it's very rare, I can only think of Hoffman recently. Ian Cole was part of a package and wasn't the primary return. I'm sure there's a lot of animosity over that among the participating GM's, and ranks right up there with offer sheets in terms of bad blood.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Here it is in a nutshell, the OP wants Batherson, probably worried about the Marchand injury, which isn't really serious and should take about 6 months to get back to 100%. That's not 6 months of recovery, that's 6 months to 100%, sorry for repeating, but some people reading this might not get it at first. Marchand has a decent contract, considering all he does, but everyone gets old, and Ottawa has no use for him. Here's the kicker, most teams don't trade for players to trade away. It happens sometimes, but it's very rare, I can only think of Hoffman recently. Ian Cole was part of a package and wasn't the primary return. I'm sure there's a lot of animosity over that among the participating GM's, and ranks right up there with offer sheets in terms of bad blood.

Nah the OP is quasi trolly and doesn’t know what he’s doing. He proposed the biggest gift for Ottawa of all time, and you seemed to turn it down. Someone handed you a 10K winning scratcher and you said, nahhh, I’d have to go cash it. No thanks.

Marchand probably won’t miss any time.

Moving on, because i can’t take you seriously.
yikes liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Dec. 1, 2020 at 9:55 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg

Seattle could and theyre a team with quite literally 0 assets currently.

What @Bcarlo25 is saying is that whether you or he or I would realistically do it; you WOULD get a amazing package in return for Marchand.

I love batherson but this post is insanely bad, as the bruins lose it heavily. So what Carlo is saying is that whether you would do it or not, you’d be able to flip Marchand for much more; likely better assets than batherson or more of his quality.

The bruins have zero need for a cap dump in Artem A. He’s worthless. A 3rd is literally whatever. Batherson is awesome - but in terms of what Marchand would fetch he would fetch batherson plus a first plus a roster player (as a starting point, likely add a good chunk more). So whatever you’re feelings are (yes Ottawa could reject too); the bruins lose this trade unless batherson would become a player of Marchand quality (which is Marchand will have a jersey retired and be a career top6 guy who actually got better the longer he played and became elite and likely will finish his contract playing to his full value), Which it’s more likely he wouldn’t as few players get that honour. Batherson is awesome - but it’s more likely Marchand puts up a ppg season in the next 2-3 (if not all 5 remaining) seasons than batherson does once in his career
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 10:13 p.m.
Serf
Nah the OP is quasi trolly and doesn’t know what he’s doing. He proposed the biggest gift for Ottawa of all time, and you seemed to turn it down. Someone handed you a 10K winning scratcher and you said, nahhh, I’d have to go cash it. No thanks.

Marchand probably won’t miss any time.

Moving on, because i can’t take you seriously.

Buh-bye

Ottawa fans love their prospects, especially Batherson. He’s gonna be good.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 10:24 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Buh-bye

Ottawa fans love their prospects, especially Batherson. He’s gonna be good.

Maybe someday he’ll be a quarter as good as marchand. If you’re lucky.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 10:38 p.m.
Serf
Quoting: yikes
Seattle could and theyre a team with quite literally 0 assets currently.

What @Bcarlo25 is saying is that whether you or he or I would realistically do it; you WOULD get a amazing package in return for Marchand.

I love batherson but this post is insanely bad, as the bruins lose it heavily. So what Carlo is saying is that whether you would do it or not, you’d be able to flip Marchand for much more; likely better assets than batherson or more of his quality.

The bruins have zero need for a cap dump in Artem A. He’s worthless. A 3rd is literally whatever. Batherson is awesome - but in terms of what Marchand would fetch he would fetch batherson plus a first plus a roster player (as a starting point, likely add a good chunk more). So whatever you’re feelings are (yes Ottawa could reject too); the bruins lose this trade unless batherson would become a player of Marchand quality (which is Marchand will have a jersey retired and be a career top6 guy who actually got better the longer he played and became elite and likely will finish his contract playing to his full value), Which it’s more likely he wouldn’t as few players get that honour. Batherson is awesome - but it’s more likely Marchand puts up a ppg season in the next 2-3 (if not all 5 remaining) seasons than batherson does once in his career

Every one knows how good Marchand has been, no denying that, and he has high trade value. Marchand would bring a lot in a return if the Sens flipped him, but that’s a jerk move. You don’t trade for a guy, and flip him for more, unless you’re a jerk, like Doug Wilson. That flip is probably why Wilson paid through the nose for Karlsson. Yes it wasn’t thought to be a great return at the time, but Stuetzle aside, it really was, immediately. It’s also probably why there were so many conditions on the picks, and even a condition on a condition. I remember a quote after the trade, Ottawa picked all the right guys for that return.

So my point has been, Marchand doesn’t fit in Ottawa, and it’s a jerk move to trade and flip for more immediately. I may have worded it differently, but that’s the jist. Batherson is the guy Ottawa needs now, and in 3 years when they’re competitive, and long after Marchand retires. Batherson is a 4th round steal, and Ottawa got lucky.

Trade Marchand to a team that’s competing now, and if the OP was just trolling, that’s fine, but some trades get refused by both sides.
Dec. 1, 2020 at 10:41 p.m.
Serf
Maybe someday he’ll be a quarter as good as marchand. If you’re lucky.

Oh, you’re back, hi.

A quarter as good, like 24 points in a career year? Seems attainable.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 12:48 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Every one knows how good Marchand has been, no denying that, and he has high trade value. Marchand would bring a lot in a return if the Sens flipped him, but that’s a jerk move. You don’t trade for a guy, and flip him for more, unless you’re a jerk, like Doug Wilson. That flip is probably why Wilson paid through the nose for Karlsson. Yes it wasn’t thought to be a great return at the time, but Stuetzle aside, it really was, immediately. It’s also probably why there were so many conditions on the picks, and even a condition on a condition. I remember a quote after the trade, Ottawa picked all the right guys for that return.

So my point has been, Marchand doesn’t fit in Ottawa, and it’s a jerk move to trade and flip for more immediately. I may have worded it differently, but that’s the jist. Batherson is the guy Ottawa needs now, and in 3 years when they’re competitive, and long after Marchand retires. Batherson is a 4th round steal, and Ottawa got lucky.

Trade Marchand to a team that’s competing now, and if the OP was just trolling, that’s fine, but some trades get refused by both sides.

Lol you clearly have taken what I said as a issue because Doug Wilson isn’t a “jerk” and the Hoffman move was to help Ottawa move him - they didn’t take Florida’s offer so the sharks clearly took Hoffman and said they’d move Hoffman for them. Hoffman 100% guaranteed wasn’t told he’d become a shark, he knew it was a sharks keeping move as the media literally found out as the trade happened that the sharks weren’t actually keeping him. The sharks have been to known to be a classy organization internally so I don’t see why there’s a reason to try and trash the sharks.

The point of my comment literally stated : whether you would do it or not Marchand would fetch more then batherson. It doesn’t matter what the situation is my point was that if you acquired Marchand for this price you could easily get a much better asset return (whether you chose to or not is irrelevant). It’s the same thing as a 3 way trade, you’d be able to move Marchand for a large return. As I said Ottawa could reject this to they have every right to, but if Boston went to Ottawa and offered them this trade, Ottawa would be put into a BETTER situation by taking this trade, and the bruins would be in a worse situation as @Bcarlo25 said. Ottawa would either A: easily be able to make waves in their division and likely be a team who could make the playoffs solely off a top 6 of tkachuk, white, Stutzle, Marchand, norris, dadonov, plus a top 9 of Tierney and brown plus Logan brown or a different name. That would be a very strong forward core with Ottawa who’s literally transitioning into a wild card contender currently (you can’t tell me the moves Ottawa made this offseason are rebuilding moves cause they literally aren’t, this team is beginning a transition period).

Or B:
Ottawa could trade Marchand to a team like, San Jose for example, and if San Jose felt like it they would have to offer:

Merkley
2021 or 2022 first
Likely Labanc or Simek/ Ferraro (he has more value than the other two tho)
And then maybe Sasha chmelevski or ozzy wiesblatt/ Bordeleau (or maybe 2 of the three).

Regardless of whether that offer entices you as a fan of any team or player:
Merkley is close to batherson quality (I’d call batherson a blue chip and Merkley a near blue chip as talent wise Merkley was literally said to have the ability to be better than Dahlin their draft year but Merkley has more issues; which have since been resolved).
Sasha Chmel is a high tier prospect but not near the other two, and than you could choose wiesblatt who’s a great spec and Bordeleau who’s continuing to show as a huge value pick even this early in his career (obviously it’s early). Plus a first in 2021 or 2022 which both are great years from the sharks who could easily be bad. And than add on a roster player like Ferraro who’s the most valuable of the three, Simek who’s a good bottom 4 pair guy, or Labanc who’s a high risk high reward player who could put up either 40 or put up 70 (he’s a gamble being so offensively focused).

Point being: Marchand has already established his value and whether a flip is something you’d want to do, it’s something you could do and you’d be fetching batherson plus many more quality assets, whereas no team would trade a first plus 3 players for batherson as it’s just not a risk worth taking.

I am fan of Ottawa, and they’d be in a better situation by accepting this trade regardless of bias.
Bcarlo25 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2020 at 1:10 p.m.
Serf
Quoting: yikes
Lol you clearly have taken what I said as a issue because Doug Wilson isn’t a “jerk” and the Hoffman move was to help Ottawa move him

That's as far as I've read so far, and that's just moronic. Do you really believe SJS helped Ottawa by getting a better return than Ottawa did? Hoffman was a cancer, and had to be gotten rid of. Ottawa didn't want Hoffman in the East, even though they had better offers in the East. Yet that's where SJS traded Hoffman to, and the reason Ottawa made a condition in the Karlsson trade that if Karlsson was traded to a team in the East, and just on the roster and irrelevant if he even played a game, at any time during the 18/19 season, they received another 1st round pick, and you think that SJS helped them with Hoffman? Give your head a shake.

"Sens receive a 1st round pick from the Sharks (no later than 2022) if Karlsson is on an Eastern Conference roster (reserve list) during the 2018-19 season"

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll