Initial Creation Date: Dec. 4, 2020
Published: Dec. 4, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$900,000
Trades
CGY
  1. Tarasenko, Vladimir ($2,000,000 retained)
STL
  1. Ruzicka, Adam
  2. Zavgorodny, Dmitri
  3. 2021 1st round pick (CGY)
  4. 2021 2nd round pick (CGY)
  5. 2021 3rd round pick (EDM)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$69,551,666$0$457,500$11,948,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$6,375,000$6,375,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 4
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,425,000$2,425,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,550,000$2,550,000
C
UFA - 1
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW, C
RFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,125,000$3,125,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 6
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
UFA - 4
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,375,000$1,375,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
RFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 4, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
mokumboi
If Tank is hurt, The Blues aren't trading him. And if he's healthy, they have no incentive to do this for futures most of which are meh.
Dec. 4, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
If Tank is hurt, The Blues aren't trading him. And if he's healthy, they have no incentive to do this for futures most of which are meh.

I don't really understand what this does for Calgary either, Just makes their cap issues and expansion draft worse
Gmonwy liked this.
Dec. 4, 2020 at 10:42 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
I don't really understand what this does for Calgary either, Just makes their cap issues and expansion draft worse

It gives us the physical right shot top line goal scorer I’ve been beating to death for months lol, if we could get Tarasenko that would be worth a few cap headaches. That’s a deal that would put us over the edge. The expansion draft is a year from now, and I would rather have Tarasenko than Mangiapane or Bennett given our window is the next few years (I don’t see either being better than Tarasenko over the next 3-4 years even if they improve a bit and he declines a bit). I don’t think it really makes sense for the Blues though, obv they’re over the cap now with Dunn still to sign, but they have some LTIR. Then Kyrou/Thomas/Sanford/Barbashev need new deals and Schwartz will probably get a raise next offseason, but Bozak does come off the books. Idk if they manage it without trading Tarasenko but if they can then they probably do right?
Dec. 4, 2020 at 10:52 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
It gives us the physical right shot top line goal scorer I’ve been beating to death for months lol, if we could get Tarasenko that would be worth a few cap headaches. That’s a deal that would put us over the edge. The expansion draft is a year from now, and I would rather have Tarasenko than Mangiapane or Bennett given our window is the next few years (I don’t see either being better than Tarasenko over the next 3-4 years even if they improve a bit and he declines a bit). I don’t think it really makes sense for the Blues though, obv they’re over the cap now with Dunn still to sign, but they have some LTIR. Then Kyrou/Thomas/Sanford/Barbashev need new deals and Schwartz will probably get a raise next offseason, but Bozak does come off the books. Idk if they manage it without trading Tarasenko but if they can then they probably do right?

What exactly do you mean by a few cap headaches? He literally puts us 5.5M over the cap. Don't get me wrong I would love Tank, but its such an unfeasible dream. We have important contracts to resign next year and the only viable way of affording Tank is either exposing Backlund or Lucic retiring
Dec. 4, 2020 at 11:42 p.m.
What exactly do you mean by a few cap headaches? He literally puts us 5.5M over the cap. Don't get me wrong I would love Tank, but its such an unfeasible dream. We have important contracts to resign next year and the only viable way of affording Tank is either exposing Backlund or Lucic retiring

Tbh I’d be willing to sacrifice any prospect outside of Zary and Pelletier to get it done if we had a shot at getting Tarasenko (assuming we have to pay to dump Lucic). If we didn’t want to go that route then we could probably get by by including Mangiapane in the deal over some of the assets and trading Rittich (might not even have to trade Rittich depending on how long Tarasenko is on LTIR). Downgrading Ryan to Paquette or even someone cheaper at 4C is another option as long as they can PK. I would kill to have Tarasenko on this team lol
Dec. 4, 2020 at 11:50 p.m.

Look, if we make the trade this year while people question how good Tarensenko is when he comes back, we will be able to get that physical top RW for less. And I checked, next year without trading Lucic, we have 12 million in cap space, so we do have cap space.
Dec. 4, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.
Quoting: az27042007
Look, if we make the trade this year while people question how good Tarensenko is when he comes back, we will be able to get that physical top RW for less. And I checked, next year without trading Lucic, we have 12 million in cap space, so we do have cap space.

actually its 15 million
Dec. 5, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
actually its 15 million

15 million? no you were right the first time, it is 12M but with at least 8 players to sign. Among those 8 include Bennett, Valimaki, Dube, Simon, and a backup goalie. Unless they are all taking league minimum deals for some dumb reason that is not going to work. so without a major move we cannot afford a 5.5M cap hit
Dec. 5, 2020 at 12:18 a.m.
15 million? no you were right the first time, it is 12M but with at least 8 players to sign. Among those 8 include Bennett, Valimaki, Dube, Simon, and a backup goalie. Unless they are all taking league minimum deals for some dumb reason that is not going to work. so without a major move we cannot afford a 5.5M cap hit[/quote

I checked, its 15 million. Bennett or Kylington is probably going to Seattle so that's one less contract to sign, if Bennett doesn't produce 90% he's getting traded. Dube is probably gonna sign a bridge contract similar to Magiapane so that's 3 million. Simon is going to take 1 and a half to resign. Backup goalie for around 1 million. The rest of the contracts are mainly minor league resigns. We estimate to have 6 million to play with. This is possible.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.
15 million? no you were right the first time, it is 12M but with at least 8 players to sign. Among those 8 include Bennett, Valimaki, Dube, Simon, and a backup goalie. Unless they are all taking league minimum deals for some dumb reason that is not going to work. so without a major move we cannot afford a 5.5M
Dec. 5, 2020 at 1:55 a.m.
Banned
I got CGY giving Seattle a 1st to take Lucic. so I don't think the cap or expansion draft is an issue.

They might have to give up a little more, but it doesn't matter that's how they move him.

It's a good trade if he's not hurt. His shoulder seems to be an issue. So it's a gamble, not gonna lie, I'd take it if I could.
az27042007 liked this.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 2:25 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
I got CGY giving Seattle a 1st to take Lucic. so I don't think the cap or expansion draft is an issue.

They might have to give up a little more, but it doesn't matter that's how they move him.

It's a good trade if he's not hurt. His shoulder seems to be an issue. So it's a gamble, not gonna lie, I'd take it if I could.

As Cgy, we have to take a gamble. It's very hard for anyone coming to Cgy in free agency that is a legitimate top 6. This gamble could be really good
Dec. 5, 2020 at 3:35 a.m.
Quoting: Alfie11

Steener doen't come off LTIR at all and from the looks of it he retires. Bozak, and Gunny off the books next year.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 3:54 a.m.
Blues aren't getting any compensation whatsoever it's a bunch of spare parts and some later in the round picks. Blues would need incentive especially when we are already looking for a goal scorer, we wouldn't be trading Tarasenko we would be trading for another goal scorer to go along side Tarasenko.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 5:21 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Blues aren't getting any compensation whatsoever it's a bunch of spare parts and some later in the round picks. Blues would need incentive especially when we are already looking for a goal scorer, we wouldn't be trading Tarasenko we would be trading for another goal scorer to go along side Tarasenko.

Blues have a new 1st line RW as in Robert Thomas and he has to get payed, Paryako is definitely a top 6 forward so as Tarensenko has a 7 million dollar contract looms through the organization and the money is more important than the cap, I believe this is what they can potentially do.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 10:56 a.m.
Blues have a new 1st line RW as in Robert Thomas and he has to get payed, Paryako is definitely a top 6 forward so as Tarensenko has a 7 million dollar contract looms through the organization and the money is more important than the cap, I believe this is what they can potentially do.

This right here just shows why you have no clue what you are talking about. Thomas is maybe 2nd line right now, but while I agree with you in the future. Tarasenko is still our top guy. Parayko is not a forward, he's a defenseman and he is a Top Pairing Defenseman. So you are completely wrong. A 7.5 Million Dollar contract is looming as the only pure goal scorer we have. Thomas isn't a goal scorer he's more of a playmaker. Which again is why this deal does not give us any compensation for the spare part you want to so gladly hand us and say is the best deal anyone will offer you because you just want Tarasenko. It's a pipedream that's not gonna happen.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
This right here just shows why you have no clue what you are talking about. Thomas is maybe 2nd line right now, but while I agree with you in the future. Tarasenko is still our top guy. Parayko is not a forward, he's a defenseman and he is a Top Pairing Defenseman. So you are completely wrong. A 7.5 Million Dollar contract is looming as the only pure goal scorer we have. Thomas isn't a goal scorer he's more of a playmaker. Which again is why this deal does not give us any compensation for the spare part you want to so gladly hand us and say is the best deal anyone will offer you because you just want Tarasenko. It's a pipedream that's not gonna happen.

ik its not the best deal but its the best deal that Cgy can make. I'm sorry for mentioning parayko, what I meant was perron. ig for that mistake I am now stupid. This trade is probably not gonna happen and I get it but I just put it up for fun.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
ik its not the best deal but its the best deal that Cgy can make. I'm sorry for mentioning parayko, what I meant was perron. ig for that mistake I am now stupid. This trade is probably not gonna happen and I get it but I just put it up for fun.

If that's the best deal Calgary can offer than no thanks. If a deal is going to be made it starts with Gaudreau or Tkachuk. Sorry to say that, but you have to give to get. You aren't getting Tarasenko for spare parts. At least you fixed it meaning Perron. He's also not a pure goal scorer. He's decent, but he's not the best.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 11:09 a.m.
If that's the best deal Calgary can offer than no thanks. If a deal is going to be made it starts with Gaudreau or Tkachuk. Sorry to say that, but you have to give to get. You aren't getting Tarasenko for spare parts. At least you fixed it meaning Perron. He's also not a pure goal scorer. He's decent, but he's not the best.

Look, if we gave Gaudreau or Thachuck, we aren't helping the cap situation, just worsening it. The only thing I see is to give away maybe dube but that also doesn't help the cap. If we can, we would give 2 ist a 2nd and a 3rd but that's not likely.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 11:46 a.m.
Look, if we gave Gaudreau or Thachuck, we aren't helping the cap situation, just worsening it. The only thing I see is to give away maybe dube but that also doesn't help the cap. If we can, we would give 2 ist a 2nd and a 3rd but that's not likely.

Yeah and trading Tarasenko for spare parts doesn't help Blues situation either. Again the only person getting anything in this deal is Calgary. So again no unless Gaudreau or Tkachuk is coming back. Your prospects aren't very good and you can pretty much call that first round pick a 2nd round because it's so far down the list, and already the draft class you want to get us in isn't very good. Blues are in win now mode, not rebuilding.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll