$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$737,500$737,500
C
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 5, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
That looks to me like a VERY tempting offer to Detroit. I wonder what the Red Wing fans will say.
Florida_Man_Maroon liked this.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 6:18 p.m.
The DET trade is definitely not ideal for Tampa, but for them they could fill that space. But I’m really not sure what the will have to sacrifice to clear cap.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 6:35 p.m.
Quoting: Pond_Duck
The DET trade is definitely not ideal for Tampa, but for them they could fill that space. But I’m really not sure what the will have to sacrifice to clear cap.

Detroit will only accept if they are getting some major pieces along with the camp dump. Since I added both Coburn and Johnson as cap dumps, the Bolts will be forced to add more. I’d be surprised if the Bolts still had ABB or a 2021 1st by the time the season started.
OldNYIfan and Pond_Duck liked this.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
Quoting: Florida_Man_Maroon
Detroit will only accept if they are getting some major pieces along with the camp dump. Since I added both Coburn and Johnson as cap dumps, the Bolts will be forced to add more. I’d be surprised if the Bolts still had ABB or a 2021 1st by the time the season started.

No one even confirmed they offered a 1st round pick and it was turned down yet. TB just came out and said, they would be willing to add assets, even a 1st round pick, in order to move contracts. Detroit would jump all over a 1st round pick and a prospect like Boulet for TJ and Cobourn. Plus he has Detroit getting a 2nd and a 6th. Lol, that’s 4 prospects to take for a camp dump and Detroit has the cap room. Thats better than Vegas did in any camp dumps they took on and I’m sure that would be top price ever paid for a cap dump in the NHL.
Pond_Duck liked this.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 7:10 p.m.
Quoting: PGHBOB69
No one even confirmed they offered a 1st round pick and it was turned down yet. TB just came out and said, they would be willing to add assets, even a 1st round pick, in order to move contracts. Detroit would jump all over a 1st round pick and a prospect like Boulet for TJ and Cobourn. Plus he has Detroit getting a 2nd and a 6th. Lol, that’s 4 prospects to take for a camp dump and Detroit has the cap room. Thats better than Vegas did in any camp dumps they took on and I’m sure that would be top price ever paid for a cap dump in the NHL.

Right but Tampa’s current situation is unlike any others. They are known as a lethal team and the whole league is gonna do what it takes to decrease their assets to prevent them from maintaining that dominant squad that they have. To trade with Detroit, a significant amount must be added in order to move these atrocious contracts. I agree, maybe a little overboard for Coburn and TJ, maybe replace Coburn with one of the more expensive forwards.
Pond_Duck liked this.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 7:17 p.m.
Quoting: Florida_Man_Maroon
Right but Tampa’s current situation is unlike any others. They are known as a lethal team and the whole league is gonna do what it takes to decrease their assets to prevent them from maintaining that dominant squad that they have. To trade with Detroit, a significant amount must be added in order to move these atrocious contracts. I agree, maybe a little overboard for Coburn and TJ, maybe replace Coburn with one of the more expensive forwards.

I guess we will see. Yes, TJ contract is bad now In a flat cap year, and the term sucks. 5M for a 3C isn’t great. But it wouldn’t be that bad if the cap increased like it was supposed to. And he’s not a unusable player either. He scored 29 goals and had 47 points in 18-19(the last full season). And had 50 points the year b4 that. Yes, I agree, TB is gonna have to give up assets for A team to take his contract and probably Killorn’s too. But TB never said they were willing to do a 1st and a prospect. Yes, they might have too. But that’s just a made up value right now. Like I said, all that is out there is TB saying, to move contracts, they would be willing to add assets, even a 1st round pick. There is nothing out there even saying they have offered that to Detroit yet. And nothing saying Detroit wouldn’t take that.
Pond_Duck liked this.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
Banned
I'm only making the Detroit trade if Tampa takes Die Hard Whiner 58.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
Few issues....no way Detroit does that in giving up draft equity for Johnson. And as a Preds fan there is no way in hell we want Kilorn....in fact we are going to offer sheet Cirelli I think for 3.5M 3 years.....put the screws to the Bolts! LOL
Dec. 5, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
Quoting: dcavery1972
Few issues....no way Detroit does that in giving up draft equity for Johnson. And as a Preds fan there is no way in hell we want Kilorn....in fact we are going to offer sheet Cirelli I think for 3.5M 3 years.....put the screws to the Bolts! LOL

Where’s it say that?? Lol.. link an article..?? Why are u making up fake rumors??

How about “in your opinion” or “I think”..lol. Not “in fact we are” lol.. link an article then with a quote from the GM or a beat writer. I’ll even take any article, from anywhere, saying that they are an insider and “heard” or “have sources”.
Dec. 5, 2020 at 8:46 p.m.
Quoting: dcavery1972

Yeaaaa ok. Did you just make that up? Where’d you see that? Tampa would match that so fast and no way Cirelli would even sign that.
PGHBOB69 and RedWing9119 liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 12:26 a.m.

Yeah but they announced that a while ago and a deal still hasn't happened. So without further insight, my best guess is the asking price from other teams is higher than just a first,
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:11 p.m.
Quoting: RedWing9119
Yeah but they announced that a while ago and a deal still hasn't happened. So without further insight, my best guess is the asking price from other teams is higher than just a first,

They have options. To move TJ and McDonough to the minors(off their cap). They obviously don’t report. It’s just on paper. They will obviously clear waivers. If a team claims them, great!! That solves their problems. But then move Stamkos to the LTIR game one of season. Get the cap space. And sign Cirelli and Cernak. And then trade TJ and Killorn throughout the season. I’m sure the value will change too. A contenting team will have a major injury(and put a player on LTIR and have the cap space) or a team will start off slow and want to start selling off pieces and would love that 1st round pick. Or a contender starts off slow and realizes where they are lacking. And Killorn and TJ are still useful palyers. It’s not like they are bums, like M.Staal. TJ has 29 goals and 47 points in 18-19(the last full NHL season) and 50 points the year b4. And Killorn is a top 6 on most teams. I’m sure a contending team that has problems during the season or a major injury would love Killorn for a 6th round pick. They have options besides that. Any little info leaks out to sources. You don’t think if they offered a 1st round pick and it was turned down, that wouldn’t be reported on.?? Come on man.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:12 p.m.
They have options. To move TJ and McDonough to the minors(off their cap). They obviously don’t report. It’s just on paper. They will obviously clear waivers. If a team claims them, great!! That solves their problems. But then move Stamkos to the LTIR game one of season. Get the cap space. And sign Cirelli and Cernak. And then trade TJ and Killorn throughout the season. I’m sure the value will change too. A contenting team will have a major injury(and put a player on LTIR and have the cap space) or a team will start off slow and want to start selling off pieces and would love that 1st round pick. Or a contender starts off slow and realizes where they are lacking. And Killorn and TJ are still useful palyers. It’s not like they are bums, like M.Staal. TJ has 29 goals and 47 points in 18-19(the last full NHL season) and 50 points the year b4. And Killorn is a top 6 on most teams. I’m sure a contending team that has problems during the season or a major injury would love Killorn for a 6th round pick. They have options besides that. Any little info leaks out to sources. You don’t think if they offered a 1st round pick and it was turned down, that wouldn’t be reported on.?? Come on man.

That's not what I said. Infer better. All I said was they were willing to move a first and they announced it and nobody has taken them up on that. And from that I'm inferring that the price is higher from teams who have space. The solutions you suggest won't work if they sign their RFAs and there's no fricking way that Vinik is gonna pay 11.75 million for two players to play AHL hockey, for 2 million in savings, when he's busy losing tens of millions. Also, i wouldn't count on Stamkos being on LTIR. No they're screwed and there's no way around it.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:15 p.m.
That's not what I said. Infer better. All I said was they were willing to move a first and they announced it and nobody has taken them up on that. And from that I'm inferring that the price is higher from teams who have space. The solutions you suggest won't work if they sign their RFAs and there's no fricking way that Vinik is gonna pay 11.75 million for two players to play AHL hockey, for 2 million in savings, when he's busy losing tens of millions. Also, i wouldn't count on Stamkos being on LTIR. No they're screwed and there's no way around it.

He doesn’t have to pay them at the AHL level. Stamkos goes the LTIR, players are signed and they are brought up. You only have to move them off the roster to be cap compliant by game 1, then Stamkos gets put on LTIR and u get the cap space. They don’t even report. It’s just on paper. It was already talked about as an option.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:43 p.m.
He doesn’t have to pay them at the AHL level. Stamkos goes the LTIR, players are signed and they are brought up. You only have to move them off the roster to be cap compliant by game 1, then Stamkos gets put on LTIR and u get the cap space. They don’t even report. It’s just on paper. It was already talked about as an option.

I get what you're saying but putting them there only nets 2 million in savings and they're already 2 million over the cap. 6 million more for Cirelli and Cernak and that's all of their created cushion. Meaning the season starts, they're right at the cap and Johnson and McDonagh are forced to stay in the minors. It won't work. And it forces them to play at the cap which means no one can get hurt unless they go on LTIR.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:45 p.m.
Edited Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
I get what you're saying but putting them there only nets 2 million in savings and they're already 2 million over the cap. 6 million more for Cirelli and Cernak and that's all of their created cushion. Meaning the season starts, they're right at the cap and Johnson and McDonagh are forced to stay in the minors. It won't work. And it forces them to play at the cap which means no one can get hurt unless they go on LTIR.

Putting Stamkos on the LTIR is what gives them the cap room to sign RFA’s and put TJ back on the roster. Putting TJ in the minors just makes them cap compliant for game 1, until they can put Stamkos on LTIR.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:50 p.m.
Putting Stamkos on the LTIR is what gives them the cap room to sign RFA’s and put TJ back on the roster. Putting TJ in the minors just makes them cap compliant for game 1, and they can put Stamkos on LTIR.

And what happens to Cirelli and Cernak in the meantime? They just wait around for the season to start and then sign? Maybe but I'm guessing the league would have a problem with that since it looks an awful lot like cap circumvention.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:56 p.m.
Edited Dec. 6, 2020 at 8:10 p.m.
And what happens to Cirelli and Cernak in the meantime? They just wait around for the season to start and then sign? Maybe but I'm guessing the league would have a problem with that since it looks an awful lot like cap circumvention.

Lol. Teams do it all the time. Use the LTIR to create cap space.. what r u talking about?? How about zettwrberg and the wings then. Cap circumventing , not aloud..lol. And Yes, RFA don’t get signed until the season starts very often. The usual cut off date to sign RFA is Dec. 1st. 3 weeks into the season. For exactly that reason. Lol.

Would if a player is hurt for 2 years and u know he’s starting the season off on LTIR. That counts towards your cap all off-season.. until game 1..is that fair?? Lol.

Dude, it’s already been talked about as an option..U think I’m making this up myself?? Lol
Dec. 7, 2020 at 12:39 a.m.
Lol. Teams do it all the time. Use the LTIR to create cap space.. what r u talking about?? How about zettwrberg and the wings then. Cap circumventing , not aloud..lol. And Yes, RFA don’t get signed until the season starts very often. The usual cut off date to sign RFA is Dec. 1st. 3 weeks into the season. For exactly that reason. Lol.

Would if a player is hurt for 2 years and u know he’s starting the season off on LTIR. That counts towards your cap all off-season.. until game 1..is that fair?? Lol.

Dude, it’s already been talked about as an option..U think I’m making this up myself?? Lol

Why are you so angry that I disagree with you? You made some vague reference to something YOU read and expect me to go along with it. I ask you some questions about your thoughts and you get pissy. I'm not challenging your ego so why don't you put it away; along with the lols and the extra question marks. Who cares if "it's been discussed"? By whom? And what were their sources? The Zetterberg comment shows me you don't know near as much as you think you do. Maybe don't make dumb assumptions based on your fan bias and instead pay attention. And that second paragraph (sentence?) is incomprehensible,
Dec. 7, 2020 at 12:48 a.m.

Also, Tampa would not be compliant under your plan because they would only have 17 skaters. You need a minimum of 20.
Dec. 7, 2020 at 7:51 a.m.
Edited Dec. 7, 2020 at 8:04 a.m.
Also, Tampa would not be compliant under your plan because they would only have 17 skaters. You need a minimum of 20.

Again, it’s not my plan. It’s already been talked about as an option in articles. Saying the reason TB could be taking their time, is they plan on using Stamkos on the LTIR. I just did not make this up all on my own. Just b/c you don’t understand it, doesn’t mean, it can’t be done. Stmakos is still on the roster. what don’t u understand?? U need a minimum of 20 players on your roster. Not skaters dressed. You are sending TJ down to just be cap compliant if need be. Because they are over the salary cap right now. I guess sending McDonough down too, is to bring up 1 or 2 E-L contracts to meet the 20 man roster. Not 20 man dressed. U can dress 8 if u want. Stamkos would still be apart of the 20 man roster still. You are not asking questions. Every time you are saying “your plan won’t work” I keep saying it’s not my plan”. I said it 3 times already. Saying it’s cap circumventing, amd everything else. And every time I proved your statement wrong. Maybe u should check your ego and reread your posts. Cause u defiantly weren’t just “asking questions” bud.
Dec. 7, 2020 at 8:40 a.m.
Again, it’s not my plan. It’s already been talked about as an option in articles. Saying the reason TB could be taking their time, is they plan on using Stamkos on the LTIR. I just did not make this up all on my own. Just b/c you don’t understand it, doesn’t mean, it can’t be done. Stmakos is still on the roster. what don’t u understand?? U need a minimum of 20 players on your roster. Not skaters dressed. You are sending TJ down to just be cap compliant if need be. Because they are over the salary cap right now. I guess sending McDonough down too, is to bring up 1 or 2 E-L contracts to meet the 20 man roster. Not 20 man dressed. U can dress 8 if u want. Stamkos would still be apart of the 20 man roster still. You are not asking questions. Every time you are saying “your plan won’t work” I keep saying it’s not my plan”. I said it 3 times already. Saying it’s cap circumventing, amd everything else. And every time I proved your statement wrong. Maybe u should check your ego and reread your posts. Cause u defiantly weren’t just “asking questions” bud.

Jesus dude it not advanced math; They have 19 players on their roster and they're almost two million over the cap. If they send down both the players mentioned they'll STILL be over the cap by about 100,000 and only have 17 players. Saying that "other people" have said it doesn't make it work. Just forget it, Have a nice day.
Dec. 7, 2020 at 8:45 a.m.
Edited Dec. 7, 2020 at 9:18 a.m.
Jesus dude it not advanced math; They have 19 players on their roster and they're almost two million over the cap. If they send down both the players mentioned they'll STILL be over the cap by about 100,000 and only have 17 players. Saying that "other people" have said it doesn't make it work. Just forget it, Have a nice day.

Lol. Google it dude. Please don’t make me and prove another one of your statements wrong..lol. Go reread the thread my man. It’s you that is having a problem understanding this. Again, I did not just create this out of thin air. There are articles saying that this is an option they have.
Dec. 7, 2020 at 9:08 a.m.
Lol. Google it dude. Please don’t make me and prove another one of your statements wrong..lol.

Google what? The LTIR rules? Are you an idiot? They are right here on this website! You don't understand what your talking about so this a waste of my time, Bye.
Dec. 7, 2020 at 9:11 a.m.
Google what? The LTIR rules? Are you an idiot? They are right here on this website! You don't understand what your talking about so this a waste of my time, Bye.

I don’t know man. U might want to go back and read the thread, the only only who looks like they don’t understand is you. Maybe google the articles. That might help u understand.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll