Forums/Armchair-GM

Creating the Seattle Kraken Heres what the CF SEA team has so far

Created by: Pens3lieve
Team: 2020-21 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 10, 2020
Published: Dec. 12, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I am asking other CF users for their protection lists for their teams and trying to figure out who SEA could pick.

I'm going off the info and lists I've received and I haven't taken the time to research all these teams so if there are some names missing, please let me know.

(I'll give the options based on protection lists given by CF users.)
the pick is my initial thought. feel free to correct me...or give an alternate opinion.
Who are the mot appealing picks for SEA?
Also, who are "cap dumps" SEA might take for a price?

So far I've received this information and made these guesses:

ANA--options--Shattenkirk, Heinen (Lenny7)
The pick--Shattenkirk
another thought--would SEA maybe take Kessler's $$?

BOS--options--Bjork, Clifton, Lauzon, Zboril, Moore, Ritchie, Vladar (bhavikp27)
the pick--bjork
another thought--any chance they'd go for a veteran backup like halak???

BUF--options--Montour, Miller, Okposo (bflo_soldier)
the pick--Okposo?
another thought--obviously BUF would want to dump that contract on SEA, but are there any other better picks for SEA?

CAR--options--Skjei, neiderieter, bean, fleury, fast (etpeck)
The pick--Neiderieter
another thought--is bean or fleury good enough to take them instead?

CHI--options--Shaw, Carpenter, Smith, Kampf, Pirri, deHaan, Murphy, Subban/Delia, Lankinen (mackerplaymaker94)
the pick--Murphy
another thought--would Seabrook waive?

DAL--options--khudobin, pavelski, L'Esperance, Honka and Caamano (justaboss)
the pick--khudobin? (they need a goalie right?) if not then-l'esperance or Honka
another thought-will DAL pay to have Pavelski taken???

EDM--options--Klefblom, Larsson?? (pandemic_p)
The pick--Klefblom
another thought--between nurse, klefblom, and Larsson, does EDM want to move out a big $$ contract? also Klefblom may or may not be exempt and on LTIR. opinions differ on that.

MTL--options--fleury, Edmonson, Allen (SevenLeg, A_habs_fans, Habsfan9)
the pick--Fleury
another thought--I wonder where SEA will get their goalies, so Allen is definitely an option.

NYR--options--Howden, etc. (RussianRangers9)
the pick--Howden?
another thought--that Trouba contract??? IDK why but strome and Deangelo strike me as attractive asks from SEAs POV.

PIT--options--Matheson, DeSmith, One of (mccann/kapanen/blueger), ZAR, Tanev
the pick--blueger is my best guess
another thought--if matheson is a dumpster fire PIT might pay to have SEA take him.

TOR--options--kerfoot, Dermott, Holl (LeafsFan4Ever34)
the pick--holl
another thought--TOR is tight on cap space and Kerfoot is making a nice chunk of change so would Tor give up a mid pick or prospect to get kerfoots $$ off the books?

WPG--options--Niku, Appleton, Harkins, Lowry, Stanley, Green, Berdin, Poolman, (Jetman, tsyls)
the pick--Niku for now bc I know more about him than the others...
another thought--are any of these other names elegible to be picked??? also, how much would SEA love to trade for Laine???

WSH--options--Vanecek, Schultz, Dillon, Oshie, Panik, Hagelin (Yojimbo)
the pick--panik?
another thought--I bet WSH would pay to have Oshie's contract taken....

Help me out here. as you can see there are already almost too many Defensemen. what about the teams I don't have anything on yet???
throw any and all useful info at me.

can anyone give me lists or pick suggestions and options for teams I don't have yet??? or bad contracts to take, etc...
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
13$81,500,000$34,585,332$0$20,000$46,914,668
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 12, 2020 at 10:28 a.m.
exo2769
Edited Dec. 12, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
Seabs would waive. I'd honestly sign him to an extra 1 year 750k to do it too. I'm not sure the Hawks would have to do that, but if it came down to it. Buy his clause. I think Seattle takes kampf
Dec. 12, 2020 at 10:35 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
I wonder what kind of team Seattle could build if they took mostly younger players that haven't secured a spot yet, like Fleury or Bean from Carolina, Niku or Roslovic from the Jets, Ho-Sang, Juulsen, etc.

Would be interesting to see what kind of team they'd have if they went that route, doubt they'll find the instant success that Vegas did but who knows.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 10:45 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Calgary?
Dec. 12, 2020 at 10:53 a.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: Gmonwy
Calgary?

care to give me a list??? this is partially done as I've only received lists and pick suggestions for the above teams...
Dec. 12, 2020 at 11:02 a.m.
Now for Edmonton... we would probably go. McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge (I bet you he’s resigning him), Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, Turris, Kahun. Klefbom (if he’s not exempt from the draft), Nurse, Bear. Koskinen.

Unprotected: Benson, Jones, Neal, Nygard, Haas, Chiasson, Barrie, Larsson, Russell, Kassian, Ennis, Khaira, Archibald, Smith, Skinner.. and possibly many more... most of these are UFAs though like: Chiasson, Nygard, Barrie, Larsson, Haas, and Smith... now I would like to make them choose one the Neal, or Kassian preferably Neal, maybe pay with a few people that persuade? If not then he has 2 years, so we could either retain 50% for 2 years, or buyout for 4 years. I would like to hold onto Kassian, but wouldn't give him a protection spot, due to the talent from the other guys, and the contract duration... I would be sad to see Kassian leave, but if it has to be done it isn’t the end of the world. If I’m not forgetting anyone..
Dec. 12, 2020 at 11:08 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: Pens3lieve
care to give me a list??? this is partially done as I've only received lists and pick suggestions for the above teams...

Check my profile and its called calgary protection list or something like that
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: Gmonwy
Check my profile and its called calgary protection list or something like that

saw it now... would SEA pick dube, Bennet, rittich or someone else do you think? or take a bad contract???
Dec. 12, 2020 at 11:43 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I wonder what kind of team Seattle could build if they took mostly younger players that haven't secured a spot yet, like Fleury or Bean from Carolina, Niku or Roslovic from the Jets, Ho-Sang, Juulsen, etc.

Would be interesting to see what kind of team they'd have if they went that route, doubt they'll find the instant success that Vegas did but who knows.

I think they gamble that way instead of all the posts on here that include so much term and contracts of veteran players. I bet there is an attempt at finding a 23/25 year old nucleus that they can go forward with. I think there is going to be 6/8 dman that are on the edge of making nhl full time with team control, kinda along the lines of Theodore and also miss of Reinhardt
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:00 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
If Cirelli and Cernak are re-signed and Foote shows potential, they protect:
Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, Cirelli, Hedman, Cernak, Sergachev, Foote, Vezinalevskiy
Pens3lieve and OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:08 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: CoopsTroops
If Cirelli and Cernak are re-signed and Foote shows potential, they protect:
Stamkos, Kucherov, Point, Cirelli, Hedman, Cernak, Sergachev, Foote, Vezinalevskiy

nice, thanks.
ideas for the best options for SEA???
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:14 p.m.
Rutta 4ever
nice, thanks.
ideas for the best options for SEA???

Prospect wise it depends what happens with Barre-Boulet, Volkov, and Joseph this year and if we choose not to protect them. I think Gourde is a good forward if they have room, and McDonagh wouldn't be bad if they think he can play solid defense through the rest of his contract. Palat will be available, but 1 year until UFA might not be the best use of an expansion pick.

With Cirelli and Cernak being re-signed, that's assuming Killorn and Johnson are traded.
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:33 p.m.
I think Arturri Lehkonen might be another intriguing option for Seattle if Montreal doesn't protect him. He'll occasionally show signs of a really high ceiling but hasn't broken out yet.

I don't know if this helps but I'd say the Habs protection list looks like this:

Gallagher
Danault
Kotkaniemi
Drouin
Toffoli
Anderson
Lehkonen or Tatar (if given an extension)

Weber
Petry
Chiarot (maybe Mete)

Price
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 12:38 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think that the chances are excellent that LA goes 8 and 1 in order to protect all of its young defensemen: Clague, Roy and Walker, plus Doughty (NMC); Anderson and Bjornfot are exempt. So qualifying d-men who are exposed will be Maata and MacDermid. On the forward side, Kopitar, Kempe and Iafallo are almost given; I think that the fourth forward protected will be the recently acquired Lias Andersson. So that leaves most of the young forwards exposed, including Frk and Lizotte. With goalies like Jake Allen, Braden Holtby and Anton Khudobin probably available, I think LA doesn't have to worry about protecting Cal Petersen and leaving Jonathan Quick available.
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
I heff to be mad...
Thanks for doing mine...
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 4:20 p.m.
In Connor We Trust
Hawks are defiantly going to keep Murphy, Mitchell + Boqvist are not even eligible, but Seabrook would waive because he know that Seattle isn't taking him and his contract, So I think the best pick for Seattle is Carpenter, Zadorov, or de Haan
OldNYIfan and Mark_Kelley liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: Beetlejuice
Hawks are defiantly going to keep Murphy, Mitchell + Boqvist are not even eligible, but Seabrook would waive because he know that Seattle isn't taking him and his contract, So I think the best pick for Seattle is Carpenter, Zadorov, or de Haan

Seattle might for the right price...
so not murphy...ok....any other forwards available from CHI? the D on this experimental CHI team is getting full
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 12, 2020 at 5:27 p.m.
In Connor We Trust
Seattle might for the right price...
so not murphy...ok....any other forwards available from CHI? the D on this experimental CHI team is getting full

Rn Chicago would protect
Toews, Kane, Cat, Strome, Nylander, Hagel, Highmore, Keith, Murphy, Zadorov or Carlsson, and Lankinen

So the Best available forward would be Shaw, Janmark, Carpenter, Kampf, and Wallmark
Best available Defensemen would be de Haan, Zadorov or Carlsson
Best available goalie would be Delia
My pick for Seattle would be: Wallmark
Pens3lieve and Mark_Kelley liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll