Boston Bruins Prospect Pyramid

Created by: nalzugaray12
Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 15, 2020
Published: Dec. 15, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
*I've copied and pasted the tiers from a previous AGM, thanks!*

Tiers 1-3 are locks for NHL players, ranging in impact. Tiers 4-5 I see little chance of NHL time.

Tier 1 = LW -- Elite level prospect
Tier 2 = C -- High Top 6/Top 4 potential
Tier 3 = RW -- Bottom 6 (Ranging from Pretty Good 3rd liner to consistent ice time 4th liner) or 5-7th NHL D-man
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tier 4 = LD -- Needs to do more to prove they can carve out some NHL time. Not likely
Tier 5 = RD -- Won't see NHL time in my opinion.
Tier 6 = G -- Goalie rankings

BOSTON BRUINS OVERVIEW

-This team lacks an elite level prospect, in my opinion. An elite prospect will come eventually, the Bruins just don't have one right now.

- Jack Studnicka is ideally the next top 6 center for the future, he has looked very good in all his stints. I strongly believe Vaakanainen has that top 4 upside, I've seen flashes in his game in the past as a puck mover. I just think some people are a little too quick writing him off.

- I might get some hate about Beecher's tier 3 rating, but ideally this guy looks like a strong bottom 6 forward in the NHL. I think we will all get a better understanding when he reaches the pro level.
- I'm very high on Ahcan as a prospect, only thing that would stop him is his size. I have really liked what I saw in Jakub Lauko in his pre-season stints with the team, I think he'll make it in some fashion

-As for Tier 4, Bruins have a good amount of uncertainty in prospects.
- I was never too impressed with Zboril in all his stints, however this year can be a turning point.
- Senyshyn has looked capable in his very short stints, but I need to see more opportunity in order to believe he can at least be a Tier 3 prospect.
-Recent draft prospects in Lohrei, Kuntar, Olson are tricky so I put them in the tier 4. I've liked what I've seen from Kuntar in his BC games fwiw.
-Lantosi, Filipe, and Berglund are interesting. I've read really good things about Lantosi down in the AHL. Berglund looks pretty good over seas as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a future Tier 3 player. Filipe is going to be a waiting game for now.

-As for players who I don't think will make it, this was tough. I occasionally liked Cameron Hughes in the pre-season, but he'll only make it as a 4th line NHL player if that. Koppanen I just don't know, he's got decent size so you never know. As for Peter Cehlarik, some fans will tell you he never got a good opportunity- that's bs. He has shown flashes, he was never able to put it all together. I think another team will give him a shot, his chances in Boston are practically done.

-Finally, goalies. I think Swayman is the undisputed #1 goalie prospect for this team and gets underrated around the league. Vladar maaaaybe will at least make it as a backup. Keyser is interesting, but #3 for now.

Let me know who you'd move up or move down, there's just a good amount of uncertainty with some of these guys.
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Beecher, Johnny
1$925,000
Lohrei, Mason
1$925,000
Olson, Quinn
1$925,000
Kuntar, Trevor
1$925,000
Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jakob
1$925,000
Cehlarik, Peter
1$925,000
Lauzon, Jeremy
1$850,000
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
26$81,500,000$56,717,868$964,222$1,785,000$24,782,132
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
RW, C
RFA - 2
Beecher, Johnny
$925,000$925,000
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Lauzon, Jeremy
$850,000$850,000
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$764,167$764,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Cehlarik, Peter
$925,000$925,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
RFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 3
Forsbacka-Karlsson, Jakob
$925,000$925,000
$753,333$753,333 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$733,333$733,333
G
UFA - 2
Lohrei, Mason
$925,000$925,000
Kuntar, Trevor
$925,000$925,000
Olson, Quinn
$925,000$925,000
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$818,333$818,333
RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C
UFA - 2
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
Pretty accurate and agreed for most players. Will need to see them play more but I think the final 5 in the tier 4 could be in the tier 5.
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:14 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: bhavikp27
Pretty accurate and agreed for most players. Will need to see them play more but I think the final 5 in the tier 4 could be in the tier 5.

can't really argue that. I just want to see what Filipe does in his first pro season before I judge. Lantosi is like a fringe Tier 4 player, some Providence AHL analysts like him a lot. Shen and Wolff are just uncertain for now, Wolff's size and aggressiveness is the only thing that can maybe slot him as a future #7-8 dman in the NHL, but it's mainly a waiting game right now
bhavikp27 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
Solid, i think Beecher should be in Tier 2. My only nitpick. But that is debatable as well so. applaud
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:17 p.m.

Im personally high on Berglund. But I dont disagree with the rest.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Solid. I agree for the most part. I would put Studnicka in the top category. I’ve never seen anything bad out of his game. It’s not necessarily the sexy stuff that gets guys in the top ten lists, but hes got an all around quality to his game.

Lauzon is tough to qualify. He just looks like an NHLer at this point, so I’m not even sure I would have him in this category.
Zboril is another tough one to judge. I think he’s a lock as an NHL caliber player, and he probably would have been in the league a year earlier were it not for Bostons depth. Taht said if he had a high ceiling, he probably would have forced his way into the lineup right now. Probbaly in your RW category.
Senyshyn is in kind of a similar spot. He’ll play in the NHL, but i think he’ll suck. I think he’ll have a Seth Griffith like career.
Wouldn’t have kuhlman as a prospect. Just a crappy NHL depth player.
I personally think Ahcan is nothing.
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: Gofnut999
Solid, i think Beecher should be in Tier 2. My only nitpick. But that is debatable as well so. applaud

Yeah he was a bit tricky to judge. I guess his absolute ceiling is a second liner, I just think he can turn out to be a very effective third liner. You can put him tier 2 or tier 3 and have arguments for both sides, depends who you ask!
Gofnut999 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:25 p.m.
ide probably move lohrei, seny, and zboril up. bruins prospect pool is really really lacking. which is why they should have moved krejci 2 years ago.
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:28 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: Bcarlo25
Solid. I agree for the most part. I would put Studnicka in the top category. I’ve never seen anything bad out of his game. It’s not necessarily the sexy stuff that gets guys in the top ten lists, but hes got an all around quality to his game.

Lauzon is tough to qualify. He just looks like an NHLer at this point, so I’m not even sure I would have him in this category.
Zboril is another tough one to judge. I think he’s a lock as an NHL caliber player, and he probably would have been in the league a year earlier were it not for Bostons depth. Taht said if he had a high ceiling, he probably would have forced his way into the lineup right now. Probbaly in your RW category.
Senyshyn is in kind of a similar spot. He’ll play in the NHL, but i think he’ll suck. I think he’ll have a Seth Griffith like career.

Studnicka is very good so honestly, I wouldn't argue if some have him on their tier 1.
I need to see it to believe Zboril as a regular- like I've noted, I was never that sold on him in any of his games whether it was pre-season or regular season.
Senyshyn is..yeah we'll see
Actually didn't even notice I put Kuhlman on here, but I guess in my view he'll be a consistent scratch for most NHL teams. Just depth, not a regular
Time will tell with Ahcan, I watched a lot of clips on him and he's very interesting. Obviously size is the only thing that really may stop him, but he's got some good skill
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:29 p.m.
Banned

"14 teams passed over him. There is no reason to think he’s anything special other than hope."

thats what you said about amriov the other day, but 52 times studnicka got passed over and hes elite? come on
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: nalzugaray12
Studnicka is very good so honestly, I wouldn't argue if some have him on their tier 1.
I need to see it to believe Zboril as a regular- like I've noted, I was never that sold on him in any of his games whether it was pre-season or regular season.
Senyshyn is..yeah we'll see
Actually didn't even notice I put Kuhlman on here, but I guess in my view he'll be a consistent scratch for most NHL teams. Just depth, not a regular
Time will tell with Ahcan, I watched a lot of clips on him and he's very interesting. Obviously size is the only thing that really may stop him, but he's got some good skill

I guess the only one that I would really take issue with is Lauzon. I think he’s set a floor which is a solid bottom pair d man, but his ceiling is certainly higher than that.
nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:31 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: hanson493
ide probably move lohrei, seny, and zboril up. bruins prospect pool is really really lacking. which is why they should have moved krejci 2 years ago.

only one I'd move up is Zboril. I can't really justify moving up Senyshyn and Lohrei is too early to tell. I know Lohrei has looked impressive in the USHL, but then again I want to see how he does next year in the NCAA. It's just way too early
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:34 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
I guess the only one that I would really take issue with is Lauzon. I think he’s set a floor which is a solid bottom pair d man, but his ceiling is certainly higher than that.

yeah tier 3 is #5-7 dmen so Lauzon absolutely is an NHL player. Maybeeee he can turn into a top 4 shutdown option, so I can't really disagree with you there. We'll get a better idea this season, but I like Lauzon's game a lot. Way more than Zboril's to be honest.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:35 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: vr1995

"14 teams passed over him. There is no reason to think he’s anything special other than hope."

thats what you said about amriov the other day, but 52 times studnicka got passed over and hes elite? come on[/quote]

Hmmm, lets see if we can notice the differences here:
1. You made a definitive statement about what the player would be. I believe it was something like, “he will be a top six winger,” or something like that. Notice, I haven’t said that the player “will,” be anything.
2. This is a player that has been playing in North America for his whole life. He’s had a full year in the AHL, four years of major junior, and some time in the NHL for us to watch. Who here has seen amirov play?
3. We’re three years out from one getting drafted, he has played in the national hockey league in the playoffs. The other got drafted like 20 minutes ago, and do we know if he has ever set foot in North America?

Yes, i think studnicka has elite potential based on his progression in major junior, the American hockey league, and the national hockey league. I would not have had any issue with you talking about amirov’s potential, even though you know absolutely nothign about him, other than his heigh, weight, position, and what team drafted him.

Moving on.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:36 p.m.
only one I'd move up is Zboril. I can't really justify moving up Senyshyn and Lohrei is too early to tell. I know Lohrei has looked impressive in the USHL, but then again I want to see how he does next year in the NCAA. It's just way too early

I think lohrei's size, confidence, and overall play actually looks good. im kinda excited to see if he hits. Senyshyn has already cracked the lineup a couple times, if it wasnt for a major injury he would have been 3rd line rw last year. where kuhlman slots in senyshyn should slot in as well. so if kuhlmans in tier 3 seny should be as well. they are basically interchangable right now, i think seny is a better player though.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
bruins prospect pool is really really lacking. which is why they should have moved krejci 2 years ago.

It would help if the Bruins would stop reaching in the first rounds. This might be a big problem in the future.
hanson493 and nalzugaray12 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:45 p.m.
Banned

thats what you said about amriov the other day, but 52 times studnicka got passed over and hes elite? come on

1. You made a definitive statement about what the player would be. I believe it was something like, “he will be a top six winger,” or something like that. Notice, I haven’t said that the player “will,” be anything.
2. This is a player that has been playing in North America for his whole life. He’s had a full year in the AHL, four years of major junior, and some time in the NHL for us to watch. Who here has seen amirov play?
3. We’re three years out from one getting drafted, he has played in the national hockey league in the playoffs. The other got drafted like 20 minutes ago, and do we know if he has ever set foot in North America?

Yes, i think studnicka has elite potential based on his progression in major junior, the American hockey league, and the national hockey league. I would not have had any issue with you talking about amirov’s potential, even though you know absolutely nothign about him, other than his heigh, weight, position, and what team drafted him.

Moving on.[/quote]

I say should be, which is based on potential. yourer right i have not seen him but i also didnt say i have. but his potential is a top 6 winger which is all we can go by for now.

you see the other players that are in the elite level in these pyramids? better prospects than studnicka,

Nick robertson has played In NA, played similar amount of NHL games, dominated major jr, what woould you say if said i thought he was elite? all i have is hope? Roberston and studnicka were drafted the exact same slot but roberston 2 years after, and looks like they are going to be regular nhlers the same year, that should put robertson in elite category no?
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.
Bcarlo25

Moving on.

I say should be, which is based on potential. yourer right i have not seen him but i also didnt say i have. but his potential is a top 6 winger which is all we can go by for now.

you see the other players that are in the elite level in these pyramids? better prospects than studnicka,

Nick robertson has played In NA, played similar amount of NHL games, dominated major jr, what woould you say if said i thought he was elite? all i have is hope? Roberston and studnicka were drafted the exact same slot but roberston 2 years after, and looks like they are going to be regular nhlers the same year, that should put robertson in elite category no?[/quote]

What are you talking about? If this poster made the same kind of team for toronto then ya, i would expect him to be in the same spot as studnicka.

Do you really not realize the difference between the two discussions?
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.
It would help if the Bruins would stop reaching in the first rounds. This might be a big problem in the future.

FOR SURE. Frederic, beecher, senyshyn, hell even debrusk. Zboril was a fine pick, even the "experts" kind overvalued him. Gotta be more effective with those firsts. at least theyve hit in the 2nd and actually hit on mcavoy. without those hits theyde really be porked right now.
bhavikp27 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
I think lohrei's size, confidence, and overall play actually looks good. im kinda excited to see if he hits. Senyshyn has already cracked the lineup a couple times, if it wasnt for a major injury he would have been 3rd line rw last year. where kuhlman slots in senyshyn should slot in as well. so if kuhlmans in tier 3 seny should be as well. they are basically interchangable right now, i think seny is a better player though.

I think it's a bit of stretch to say Seny would have been the regular 3rd line RW after playing 4 games. Did he look decent? sure. I don't think it means he was going to for sure be a regular after his 4 game stint, that's a really small sample. I've noted I need to see more of a sample this year and we will all get a better understanding. I believe there's a reason the club favors playing Kuhlman over Seny, the organization simply values him more currently. Can that change? Absolutely. This is Senyshyn's last chance to really prove himself so only time will tell. Keep in mind, Senyshyn has to outplay the likes of Studnicka, Frederic, Kuhlman, etc at camp. He's gotta earn his spot first. In my eyes, not a chance he's out playing Studnicka.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:52 p.m.
Banned

Nick robertson has played In NA, played similar amount of NHL games, dominated major jr, what woould you say if said i thought he was elite? all i have is hope? Roberston and studnicka were drafted the exact same slot but roberston 2 years after, and looks like they are going to be regular nhlers the same year, that should put robertson in elite category no?

What are you talking about? If this poster made the same kind of team for toronto then ya, i would expect him to be in the same spot as studnicka.

Do you really not realize the difference between the two discussions?[/quote]

I do, but take a look at these other pyramids for other teams, how is studnicka on the same level as these other guys? this poster didnt do it but most of them classified elite as mcdavid, matthews, eichel, caliber, thats what im saying
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
Bcarlo25

Do you really not realize the difference between the two discussions?

I do, but take a look at these other pyramids for other teams, how is studnicka on the same level as these other guys? this poster didnt do it but most of them classified elite as mcdavid, matthews, eichel, caliber, thats what im saying[/quote]

Cool. I was commenting on this one. I didn’t read the others. Take everything in that context. If you expected me to scour the whole site and see that some other guy did a similar team with that tier as generational talents, then you expect too much of me.

I wrote what i wrote, and stand by every word.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
Beecher for me is like a tier 2.5 as I could see him as a middle 6 kind of guy. I'd also say the following:

Move to Tier 3: Zboril, Senyshyn, Wolff

Move to Tier 4: JFK

I think the guys draft this year are "to new to evaluate" and wouldn't even have them on there. Could also include Curtis Hall (C/RW for Yale). He projects as a bottom 6 guy.
nalzugaray12 and ngikas liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 3:03 p.m.
Bahston Brewins
Quoting: ON3M4N
Beecher for me is like a tier 2.5 as I could see him as a middle 6 kind of guy. I'd also say the following:

Move to Tier 3: Zboril, Senyshyn, Wolff

Move to Tier 4: JFK

I think the guys draft this year are "to new to evaluate" and wouldn't even have them on there. Could also include Curtis Hall (C/RW for Yale). He projects as a bottom 6 guy.

I always tend to forget Curtis Hall as a prospect and I'm not sure why- I like him and honestly he's a Tier 3 player in my eyes.

Only one I'd consider moving up is Zboril to Tier 3. I can't justify Wolff and Senyshyn until I see it. We will have a pretty good understanding of Seny and Zboril's future this season. Wolff is a hit or miss, his size and playstyle will more than likely earn him a future look as a #7-#8 range defenseman. We'll see though

JFK is interesting, he's just forgotten. Didn't look particularly bad in his stint, didn't look great either. If he's making it, it will be bottom 6 depth. I didn't hate his playstyle back in 2019, he just wasn't good enough to be a consistent 3rd liner.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 3:08 p.m.
I think it's a bit of stretch to say Seny would have been the regular 3rd line RW after playing 4 games. Did he look decent? sure. I don't think it means he was going to for sure be a regular after his 4 game stint, that's a really small sample. I've noted I need to see more of a sample this year and we will all get a better understanding. I believe there's a reason the club favors playing Kuhlman over Seny, the organization simply values him more currently. Can that change? Absolutely. This is Senyshyn's last chance to really prove himself so only time will tell. Keep in mind, Senyshyn has to outplay the likes of Studnicka, Frederic, Kuhlman, etc at camp. He's gotta earn his spot first. In my eyes, not a chance he's out playing Studnicka.

He looked like he belong in those 4 games and he was making plays. Could he have cooled (I'm sure he would have), but his play was good enough to keep him in the line-up. I think the team like Kuhlman as a extra forward. Better to have Seny getting regular minutes in the AHL vs 10 minutes every 4-5 games. As for who he need to "outplay" its Wagner & Kuhlman. Fully healthy this team down the right side is a trio of Pasta, Smith and Kase. For Studnicka to stick he'll need to be significantly better than Kase because Studnicka doesn't require waivers. So really the only spot for Seny to take over is the #4RW, which was Wags spot last year.
hanson493 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2020 at 3:13 p.m.
I always tend to forget Curtis Hall as a prospect and I'm not sure why- I like him and honestly he's a Tier 3 player in my eyes.

Only one I'd consider moving up is Zboril to Tier 3. I can't justify Wolff and Senyshyn until I see it. We will have a pretty good understanding of Seny and Zboril's future this season. Wolff is a hit or miss, his size and playstyle will more than likely earn him a future look as a #7-#8 range defenseman. We'll see though

JFK is interesting, he's just forgotten. Didn't look particularly bad in his stint, didn't look great either. If he's making it, it will be bottom 6 depth. I didn't hate his playstyle back in 2019, he just wasn't good enough to be a consistent 3rd liner.

Seny has more NHL experience than Zboril and looked a lot better. Seems odd you wouldn't move them both up. Wolff for me will get a shot because of his game and size. A 6'5/230lb bruiser that loves to play physical and throw fists will always find a home as a 3rd pairing or 7th d-man. Wolff I think ends up as an Adam McQuaid type of guy.

I like JFK a lot and thought at worst he'd be a 3C defensive specialist. Rumors are there were family health issues back home (part of why he went back), but from looking at the box scores and reading some reports it doesn't sound like his career is heading the right direction.
nalzugaray12 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll