SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Carolina Hurricanes

Carolina Hurricanes 2021 season preview

Dec. 17, 2020 at 9:08 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Not much happened here, besides drafting Jarvis which is a great pickup and adding Fast which should help the defensive side of things in CAR.

They still have questioning depth at F and inconsistent goaltending, which leads me to the x-factor in their cases:
-they need to either find consistent goaltending from within the organization or make a trade to acquire a true starter
-find consistent depth scoring. This could happen by one or two of NN/Dzingel returning to their 18-19 form

If these 2 things happen, this team could REALLY contend for something big. Their top 5 is top 5 in the league and their D core is just gross.

Oh, and Bokk making this team out of camp would of course change the look of their lineup

Here's how I think their lineup should look like:
Svech-Aho-TT
Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas
Foegle-Staal-Fast
Dzingel-Martinook-McGinn

Slavin-Hamilton
Skjei-Pesce
Gardiner-Fleury

Mrazek
Reimer

@Caniac2000
@ecupirate07
@jslongo

Pls DO NOT quote this post, press «reply» instead
Dec. 17, 2020 at 9:12 a.m.
I think Dzingel and Fast get switched. Carolina is a really good team with good forwards and defenseman, they just need solid gaoltending. Also i see you're flooding the forum with posts since you're AGM banned
Dec. 17, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I think Dzingel and Fast get switched. Carolina is a really good team with good forwards and defenseman, they just need solid gaoltending. Also i see you're flooding the forum with posts since you're AGM banned

Precisely lol
Dec. 17, 2020 at 11:04 a.m.
It will be interesting to see how we do the offensive lines this year, we have a ton of flexibility. At the same time that means we lack some stucture.

We can go more concrete top 6 with a more defensive bottom 6. We could do a balanced lineup to have constant goal scoring pressure.

Svech-Aho-Turbo
Foegele-Tro-Necas
McGinn-Staal-Fast
Dzingel-Geekie-Nino

That lineup wouldnt be terrible and gives us a scoring bottom line. Maybe you switch Foegele and Svech to really have 3 lines that can score. Maybe Nino returns to 50 point Nino and we can play him on the 2nd line as suggested.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll