SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Detroit Red Wings

Detroit Red Wings 2021 season preview

Dec. 17, 2020 at 10:35 a.m.
Brace for the Storm
Now, it's no question that they were historically bad in 19-20. But there is hope. I'm astronomically high on Veleno and Seider. The former has 2C potential while the latter has number 1 potential IMO. This leads me to my x-factor for them: the younger players such as Veleno, Zadina and Seider need to make a good/great impact right away.

Cause I mean let's get real here the only 3 new player who could play relatively prominent roles are Stecher on the PK, Greiss to help Bernier and Namestnikov to help the middle six. I don't see Merrill as anything more than a number 7 and Ryan's a 3rd/4th liner at this point in time.

I do expect a breakout season from Larkin and Bertuzzi, so there's that for DRW fans.

Here's how I see the lineup:

Zadina-Larkin-Mantha
Fabbri-Namestnikov-Bertuzzi
Rasmussen-Filppula-Ryan
Svechnikov-Nielsen-Helm

Dekeyser-Hronek
Nemeth-Seider
Merrill/Cholowski-Stecher

Bernier
Greiss

@DiehardRedWingsFan58
@aedoran
@Buffbry

Pls do not quote this post, press «reply» instead
Dec. 17, 2020 at 10:54 a.m.
Buffbry
There is going to be a lot of change because half the team is on a 1 year deal and will be traded during the season/trade deadline.

I think the lines are going to be more like below.

Bertuzzi/larkin/mantha
Namenstinkov/fabbri/zadina
Filppula/gagner/ryan
Helm//lgd/erne
Extra f nielsen

Dekeyser/hronek
Nemeth/stecher
Staal/merrill
Extra D Biega

Greiss/bernier

Seider, ras, veleno, all start overseas and don't come back till March after the tdl, then they are all up.

Svech might get a spot in the lineup, still not sure yet
Cholowksi is either traded or starts in ahl
Dec. 22, 2020 at 9:35 a.m.
I like what you have here, it's reasonable.

I'm high on Veleno and Seider as well & I'm also very excited for the guys coming up right after them who are looking promising. Berggren, Raymond, Niederbach, Wallinder.

I think @buffbry is a bit closer on what the lineup will look like for two reasons.

- Unfortunately any players we loaned to a SHL team such as Seider & Veleno are under contract for the entire season which ends in March (not including playoffs).
- Bertuzzi Larkin & Mantha have shown great chemistry and should probably stay together unless they can't get on the score sheet.

I could see Fabbri playing center to get more experience but I feel like they brought in Namestnikov to play 2c so we'll see what happens there.
Maybe I'm wrong but I think if Bobby Ryan is playing really well he might earn 2nd line minutes or if/when injuries come into play. I have high hopes for him.

It will be a strange season having to play the same 7 teams over and over but I'm still excited for it. Hopefully it's a good rebuild year for the Wings and prospects.
buffbry liked this.
Dec. 30, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
C
51 Valtteri Filppula C
41 Luke Glendening C
71 Dylan Larkin C
81 Frans Nielsen C
LW
43 Darren Helm LW
48 Givani Smith LW
59 Tyler Bertuzzi LW
14 Robby Fabbri LW