SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

World Junior Championship Discussion Thread

Who will win gold?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 5, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Quoting: HabsFan77
I'm from canada but im cheering for usa because of caufield and because my dad is cheering for canada and i want to cheer against him.

Well Canada has Guhle
Jan. 5, 2021 at 12:02 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
My ideal scenario would be a 10-9 win for Canada, where Cole Caufield scored 9 goals. 😜

And Kaiden Guhle scores 10 ?? And is solid defensively like always
Jan. 5, 2021 at 12:03 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Well Canada has Guhle

mainly because I like cheering against my dad
Jan. 5, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
And Kaiden Guhle scores 10 ?? And is solid defensively like always

Guhle has been a monster so far. So fun to watch. Schneider has gotten better every game, Barron has been steady as hell, Korzcak has played his role perfectly, so add that to Byram and Drysdale and this D-core is gross
Jan. 5, 2021 at 2:58 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I honestly don’t care who wins, I just want Caufield & Guhle to do well. As well as for Finland to win, and a goal from Daniil Chayka wouldn’t hurt either.

Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Wtf

Cheering AGAINST your country???

I would’ve cheered for Finland against Canada. And I have absolutely nothing to do with Finland, other than my favourite player being from there. I find patriotism really annoying, and it’s not like a gold medal means much of anything for Canada in hockey. Sure it’s great for the players on the team, but I’m not any more attached to players on Canada than I am to Finland, or USA, or Russia.

In these tournaments I like to cheer for parity and it’s great when the underdog succeeds. Which is why I love cheering for teams like Finland & Germany.
nickthehabsfan liked this.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 3:03 p.m.
What in tarnation
I honestly don’t care who wins, I just want Caufield & Guhle to do well. As well as for Finland to win, and a goal from Daniil Chayka wouldn’t hurt either.

I would’ve cheered for Finland against Canada. And I have absolutely nothing to do with Finland, other than my favourite player being from there. I find patriotism really annoying, and it’s not like a gold medal means much of anything for Canada in hockey. Sure it’s great for the players on the team, but I’m not any more attached to players on Canada than I am to Finland, or USA, or Russia.

In these tournaments I like to cheer for parity and it’s great when the underdog succeeds. Which is why I love cheering for teams like Finland & Germany.

The main question is, when a team like Finland stops being "the underdog" of these tournaments?

Probably when they stop bringing in players such as Samuel Helenius and Benjamin Korhonen, namely players, that me, and active Finnish hockey fan, have never even heard of, while dropping players like internationally acknowledged Aatu Räty and Patrik Puistola from the team completely.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Brace for the Storm

Except FIN is a superpower now
Jan. 5, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: justaBoss
The main question is, when a team like Finland stops being "the underdog" of these tournaments?

Probably when they stop bringing in players such as Samuel Helenius and Benjamin Korhonen, namely players, that me, and active Finnish hockey fan, have never even heard of, while dropping players like internationally acknowledged Aatu Räty and Patrik Puistola from the team completely.

Except FIN is a superpower now

I’m not saying they’re worse than the other teams, it’s just that (more so this year) they have considerably fewer 1st rounders than Canada or USA.

And maybe they aren’t a massive underdog, but they play the style of game that a lot of teams that don’t have star power play, that I love so much. (CBJ as an example.)

Also, all the comebacks are endearing.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 3:11 p.m.
Jinx god
Guhle has been a monster so far. So fun to watch. Schneider has gotten better every game, Barron has been steady as hell, Korzcak has played his role perfectly, so add that to Byram and Drysdale and this D-core is gross

And then there's Harley...
Jan. 5, 2021 at 3:22 p.m.
What in tarnation

No team has challenged Canada so far. It's easy to say all of their players have looked like monsters when they've been scored against like 4 times during this whole tournament lol.

I think this team has been the most overpowered all time when compared to others. Just by looking the amount of first rounders and all that, only goaltending has been exception there. Look, I even made a team Canada without any first rounders. The difference is HUGE. And aside from Lundell and Heinola, this is the kind of team Finland has had to roll with, for instance. Just used them as an example as they've probably been the only "challenging" opponent to them thus far.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
No team has challenged Canada so far. It's easy to say all of their players have looked like monsters when they've been scored against like 4 times during this whole tournament lol.

I think this team has been the most overpowered all time when compared to others. Just by looking the amount of first rounders and all that, only goaltending has been exception there. Look, I even made a team Canada without any first rounders. The difference is HUGE. And aside from Lundell and Heinola, this is the kind of team Finland has had to roll with, for instance. Just used them as an example as they've probably been the only "challenging" opponent to them thus far.

Right... but you ignore the way we defended yesterday for instance against RUS. There were so many times where Russia would enter our zone and possibly get something started yet one of our d-men just took the puck away from them and started a rush for us in their zone.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 3:40 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
And then there's Harley...

Tbf he was good yesterday
Jan. 5, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
What in tarnation
Right... but you ignore the way we defended yesterday for instance against RUS. There were so many times where Russia would enter our zone and possibly get something started yet one of our d-men just took the puck away from them and started a rush for us in their zone.

RUS has struggled with scoring the whole tournament. Partly due to the fact that all of their forwards, save Spiridonov, are lefties. That especially was a problem in last nights game.

I ain't really ignoring anything. Canada's roster is head and shoulders above all else in this tournament, a plays like that of yesterdays are to be expected.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 6:11 p.m.
Jinx god
Tbf he was good yesterday

Cause he was played more than he does usually
Jan. 5, 2021 at 7:59 p.m.
What in tarnation
That bronze was easy. Russia has looked surprisingly bad throughout the competition.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 8:12 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
That bronze was easy. Russia has looked surprisingly bad throughout the competition.

Yup

They never looked as dangerous as last season
Jan. 5, 2021 at 8:13 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Now, 1 hour and 15 minutes to the gold medal game

GO CANADA GO
Jan. 5, 2021 at 9:37 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Have a nice game everyone
Jan. 5, 2021 at 10:14 p.m.
What in tarnation
bruh
Jan. 5, 2021 at 10:23 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
We need to start winning some draws here
Jan. 5, 2021 at 10:37 p.m.
torontos finest
hahahaha canada getting complacent. what else is new
Jan. 5, 2021 at 10:50 p.m.
damn that byram post was a tough soak
Jan. 5, 2021 at 10:57 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
“And Caufield got levelled there by Guhle.”

There’s something we’ll never hear again.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 11:04 p.m.
“And Caufield got levelled there by Guhle.”

There’s something we’ll never hear again.

hopefully
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 11:06 p.m.
What in tarnation
bruh

double bruh

what the f*ck is going on

canada's getting the finnish treatment - control the game but gives US the random chances which they execute in deadly manner.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit