Created by: Salzy
Team: 2020-21 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 22, 2020
Published: Dec. 22, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Per Nick Alberga

LTIR is taxi squad, ignore Kesler

Avoided higher end prospects on the taxi squad so they can develop with actual in game ice time
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$66,327,166$0$0$15,172,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RW
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$820,000$820,000
LW
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
RFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 3
$1,133,333$1,133,333
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
UFA - 7
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 22, 2020 at 12:26 p.m.
Brendan Guhle has to pass through waivers and I feel like there's a good chance he gets claimed. Curran doesn't have to clear waivers and is completely unproven at this level so I would much rather he get parked in the minors or on the taxi squad in lieu of potentially losing Guhle (or Larsson for that matter). Welinski or Hakanpaa can chill out in San Diego until (if) we need them. I'm sick of losing young d-men that we've developed just to see them finally flourish with other teams. I'm not holding my breath that Curran is fit for this level. 31 year-old rookies don't happen on accident.
Dec. 22, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
Quoting: TheJoeMan
Brendan Guhle has to pass through waivers and I feel like there's a good chance he gets claimed. Curran doesn't have to clear waivers and is completely unproven at this level so I would much rather he get parked in the minors or on the taxi squad in lieu of potentially losing Guhle (or Larsson for that matter). Welinski or Hakanpaa can chill out in San Diego until (if) we need them. I'm sick of losing young d-men that we've developed just to see them finally flourish with other teams. I'm not holding my breath that Curran is fit for this level. 31 year-old rookies don't happen on accident.

Guhle hasnt proven anything, in fact he's proven he cant even beat out Larsson and Djoos for a roster spot. I doubt he gets claimed and if he does it isnt the end of the world. Curran is being paid 1M even if he's in the minors, That can't be overlooked and with the reduced income for an already low income team that is also paying Corey Perry 6.6M this season to not play for them, and Ryan Kesler I would be shocked if Curran isnt on the NHL roster, and he plays on the right side which none of Djoos, Larsson and Guhle do.

Curran has been great in europe and fits on the third pair, If Guhle had a long term spot moving forward with us he would have a spot no question. Between Larsson, Djoos, Guhle, Mahura, Thurn, Lacombe we're bound to lose at least one of them somehow. Guhle isnt an NHLer at this point and just because he's young doesnt mean he should be given a shot
AGKH123 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: TheJoeMan

Quoting: Salzy
Guhle hasnt proven anything, in fact he's proven he cant even beat out Larsson and Djoos for a roster spot. I doubt he gets claimed and if he does it isnt the end of the world. Curran is being paid 1M even if he's in the minors, That can't be overlooked and with the reduced income for an already low income team that is also paying Corey Perry 6.6M this season to not play for them, and Ryan Kesler I would be shocked if Curran isnt on the NHL roster, and he plays on the right side which none of Djoos, Larsson and Guhle do.

Curran has been great in europe and fits on the third pair, If Guhle had a long term spot moving forward with us he would have a spot no question. Between Larsson, Djoos, Guhle, Mahura, Thurn, Lacombe we're bound to lose at least one of them somehow. Guhle isnt an NHLer at this point and just because he's young doesnt mean he should be given a shot

I'm sure pretty much every team is going to have some prospect tweener that they'd rather not lose that's gonna be passing through waivers and with how most teams are gonna have their lineups/rosters finalized unless they have an injury they won't be able to claim a guy cause you can only have so many bodies around though I'm not sure how it'll work with the taxi squads, basically I think you won't have to worry about losing Guhle cause almost every team is going to be trying to get a similar young player through waivers.
Salzy liked this.
Dec. 22, 2020 at 4:20 p.m.
Quoting: Salzy

Guhle has been inconsistent but his game started to round out before the season suspended. He's only 23 and was a key piece in the Montour trade. I'm sick and tired of cutting bait on these young d-men before they've proven they can't hack it at this level, which Guhle has not.

Curran is completely unproven at this level. Sure he might be a late bloomer but lets not exaggerate the merits of being a successful veteran in Sweden, a league that is on par with the AHL. I feel like people put a lot of stock into a players' one-way contract status as an indicator that he has a leg-up on making the roster but we routinely stack the Gulls' roster with guys on one way deals. We're about to do it again. They kind of have to to convince quality tweeners to play and move their families to Southern California. And last I checked, Guhle is on a one-way deal too. I hardly think the 200K difference in their salaries is enough to demote the better player. Unless Curran is the better player but that absolutely remains to be seen. I mean he might be, who knows? All I know is he'd be an anomaly if he is. I think Guhle can still carve out a niche as a depth d-man and I think a lot of clubs would think so too which is why I don't want him exposed onto waivers.
Dec. 22, 2020 at 4:24 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I'm sure pretty much every team is going to have some prospect tweener that they'd rather not lose that's gonna be passing through waivers and with how most teams are gonna have their lineups/rosters finalized unless they have an injury they won't be able to claim a guy cause you can only have so many bodies around though I'm not sure how it'll work with the taxi squads, basically I think you won't have to worry about losing Guhle cause almost every team is going to be trying to get a similar young player through waivers.

I'd rather not risk it for a guy who doesn't need waivers. I'm still mad we lost Stef Noesen for nothing several years ago. Bottom line is Guhle needs to prove he doesn't belong before we pencil in this overager with barely any AHL experience, let alone any NHL experience.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll