SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Tampa Bay Lightning signed Anthony Cirelli (3 Years / $4,800,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 25, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.
Quoting: Radovan
Steal. Someone really should have offer sheeted him.
If the state has an income remember 4.8 for LA who can afford takes out about 1/2 mil in taxes he doesn’t have to pay now and a house for 1.5 mil in this area is in a lot of areas closer to 3-4 mil
Dec. 26, 2020 at 7:34 a.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
now thats a contract

But now even with Kucherov on LTIR they are 1.45mill over the cap. So Johnsson will probs be moved and its gonna cost them.

I’d bury Johnson on the taxi squad first I’d bury him rather than pay someone to take him. Johnson doesn’t have to pass through waivers to go onto the taxi squad because he’s already passed through waivers
Dec. 26, 2020 at 7:43 a.m.
Edited Dec. 26, 2020 at 7:51 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
To all the people saying Tampa Bay faked Kucherov's injury, why would they pretend that their best player, who is probably a top 5 player in the league, is injured?

I am certain they aren’t faking it, however I’m also pretty close to certain they held back surgery date once they realized it was needed. Tampa Bay will make Playoffs with or without him. By delaying the surgery they enable
Themselves to get the long-term salary cap relief and get into cap compliance . Once playoff starts there is no salary cap like everyone knows and the Lightning experienced firsthand when losing to Chicago in 15 due to the Patrick Kane long-term injury
Dec. 26, 2020 at 10:26 a.m.
Kansler
Quoting: Bolts20Cup
I am certain they aren’t faking it, however I’m also pretty close to certain they held back surgery date once they realized it was needed. Tampa Bay will make Playoffs with or without him. By delaying the surgery they enable
Themselves to get the long-term salary cap relief and get into cap compliance . Once playoff starts there is no salary cap like everyone knows and the Lightning experienced firsthand when losing to Chicago in 15 due to the Patrick Kane long-term injury

Its not like they couldnt have operated him earlier and made sure he was 100% fit for playoffs. Its not like ltir players are evaluated by outside doctors. They just could have made him wait until 1st playoff game before returning.
Dec. 26, 2020 at 10:57 a.m.
Quoting: HelmutCool
Its not like they couldnt have operated him earlier and made sure he was 100% fit for playoffs. Its not like ltir players are evaluated by outside doctors. They just could have made him wait until 1st playoff game before returning.

Actually the league can order an independent medical revue if teams believe he’s being artificially held back to circumvent the salary cap.
Dec. 26, 2020 at 11:31 a.m.
Kansler
Quoting: Bolts20Cup
Actually the league can order an independent medical revue if teams believe he’s being artificially held back to circumvent the salary cap.

A bit hard to 100% judge a guy fit. Can always complain about pains/soreness
Dec. 26, 2020 at 11:39 a.m.
Quoting: HelmutCool
A bit hard to 100% judge a guy fit. Can always complain about pains/soreness

True to an extent made the argument ambulance chaser lawyers get soft tissue settlements all the time but a surgery that’s had multiple players on the team to make it in 4 months
Dec. 30, 2020 at 6:43 p.m.
Quoting: Missouri
I totally agree. Spoiled Tampa fans.

That’s because we don’t bother them a restaurants or annoy them in shopping center.
The organization is the best run in sports (even ask espn who doesn’t promote hockey).
Relatively inexpensive housing market beautiful climate and of course no state income tax.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit