21$81,500,000$68,916,309$0$3,987,500$12,583,691

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 27, 2020 at 11:30 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
It's the two years at 3.2m after this season that make Byron a difficult trade to get much value back. I thought the Sens overpaid for Stepan but if (likely) the Sens are out of the playoff picture and they get a late second rounder from a contender at TDL then it's a good trade.
jpsnow13 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: palhal
It's the two years at 3.2m after this season that make Byron a difficult trade to get much value back. I thought the Sens overpaid for Stepan but if (likely) the Sens are out of the playoff picture and they get a late second rounder from a contender at TDL then it's a good trade.

Fair point, and its even 3.4 instead of 3.2 -__- Altho he may be more useful than DS, it does seem to be a bit of a stretch for 2 more years of Byron at that price.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 12:53 p.m.
Problem is your GM is Mark Bergevin
And Bergevin more likely to be the guy to give up the pic for an overpriced vet rather than get the return.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:05 p.m.
Quoting: Bolts20Cup
Problem is your GM is Mark Bergevin
And Bergevin more likely to be the guy to give up the pic for an overpriced vet rather than get the return.

When has Bergevin ever given up a pick* for an overpriced vet?

Stop being a Bergevin hater
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
When has Bergevin ever given up a pick* for an overpriced vet?

Stop being a Bergevin hater

Person wise I have nothing but respect and love for an original Bolt. But he’s a bad GM
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:08 p.m.
Person wise I have nothing but respect and love for an original Bolt. But he’s a bad GM

What makes him a bad GM?
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:11 p.m.
What makes him a bad GM?

Bad contract signings bad trades
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.

What bad contracts and bad signings and bad trades
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.

Please give us 5 examples
HabsForEver liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:26 p.m.

The Sergachev for drouin trade was awful. The Karl Alzner signing was also bad. The Max Domi for Josh Anderson trade was also questionable and I think the Josh Anderson signing is extremely risky.
Bolts20Cup liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: Bergy
Please give us 5 examples

He's gone silent.. typical troll
BigBadBurke liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
Quoting: TheNorthStar
The Sergachev for drouin trade was awful. The Karl Alzner signing was also bad. The Max Domi for Josh Anderson trade was also questionable and I think the Josh Anderson signing is extremely risky.

How was Drouin for Sergechev awful? That's an opinion with no facts to back it up. Both players haven't achieved what they were set to do. Tampa would've won a cup with or without Sergechev.

Alzner signing was awful yes. That's 1.

Domi for Anderson was questionable yet neither have even played a single game for their team. Every Bergevin win has been questionable until he wins. That doesn't count. Also the contract doesn't count because like I said, he hasn't played a single game in a Habs uniform yet.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:36 p.m.
How was Drouin for Sergechev awful? That's an opinion with no facts to back it up. Both players haven't achieved what they were set to do. Tampa would've won a cup with or without Sergechev.

Alzner signing was awful yes. That's 1.

Domi for Anderson was questionable yet neither have even played a single game for their team. Every Bergevin win has been questionable until he wins. That doesn't count. Also the contract doesn't count because like I said, he hasn't played a single game in a Habs uniform yet.

Ok, what you just said about the Drouin trade is extremely biased. Mikhail Sergachev is clearly the better player and if you can’t recognize that I probably can’t change your mind.

As for Josh Anderson, that’s a fair point. It’s too early to call, but so far, I don’t understand why they would add a pick as well as a former 70 point player that could probably do it again. The Anderson signing is too early to call, and I’ll be the first to call Bergevin a genius if it actually works. But 5 million for a guy that had a career high of 40 points is not a good deal. And that’s not even mentioning the injuries he had this past season. I’ll repeat that it’s too early to call it, and I would be willing to change my mind about it, but so far it’s not looking good.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:43 p.m.
Ok, what you just said about the Drouin trade is extremely biased. Mikhail Sergachev is clearly the better player and if you can’t recognize that I probably can’t change your mind.

As for Josh Anderson, that’s a fair point. It’s too early to call, but so far, I don’t understand why they would add a pick as well as a former 70 point player that could probably do it again. The Anderson signing is too early to call, and I’ll be the first to call Bergevin a genius if it actually works. But 5 million for a guy that had a career high of 40 points is not a good deal. And that’s not even mentioning the injuries he had this past season. I’ll repeat that it’s too early to call it, and I would be willing to change my mind about it, but so far it’s not looking good.

Tell me how Sergechev is the better player. He's extremely sheltered and is extremely one dimensional; A major concern when he was drafted and has barely improved in that area whatsoever. Drouin has been dissapointing, but injuries have also stopped him from breaking out (This year is a prime example). Neither player has done what they were expetected too. I'm not saying Montreal won, I'm just saying that Tampa didn't either.

Former 70 PT player who has done it once and is a consistent 50 PT player. He had a great breakout season here in his first season with Montreal, but he doesn't have an identity. He wants to be a center, but can't take draws and is wildly inconsistent to ever become a top 6 center in the league. He's a winger that doesn't want to play wing. It's exactly like Galchenyuk. They are in a very similar spot. Domi tries to play physical, but at 5'10 192 LBS, he doesn't have enough strength to actually play like he wants. At the end of his tenure in Montreal, he was playing on the 4th line, he simply didn't fit here and hopefully he finds himself in a better position in Columbus, let's also point out the fact that he signed a 2 year deal that walks him straight into FA so CBJ is likely losing him for nothing. Something Bergevin didn't want to risk.

I don't know why everybody brings up Anderson's point totals. That's not what he is here to do. He's here to bring energy to the team while being a physical player and changing the momentum of the game. His career high is 47 points and 27 goals, which for a PWF is very good numbers. Everybody applauses Anthony Mantha for being such a good PWF, but Anderson brings the exact same skill set and out scores Mantha. There's bias there, but it's ok.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:53 p.m.
Edited Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.

Looking back he’s not as bad as I thought, however also looking back I haven’t seen 1 trade he made where I say wow he fleeced Boston (insert any team here)there. And I would make a substantial bet if you injected him with sodium Pentothal and asked if he would do the Drouin for Sergachev trade Knowing then what he knew now still make that trade it would be an emphatic hell no
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:54 p.m.
Looking back he’s not as bad as I thought, however also looking back I haven’t seen 1 trade he made where I say wow he fleeced Boston (insert any team here)there. And I would make a substantial bet if you injected him with sodium Pentothal and asked if he would do the Drouin for Sergachev trade Knowing now what he knew then still make that trade it would be Ian emphatic hell no

There's no one trade where you can say "wow he fleeced them"?

There's at least 5 trades where I can say he did.
BigBadBurke liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:57 p.m.
He's gone silent.. typical troll

Being I’m not a Canadians die hard I was actually looking back and made a slight retraction . But heaven forbid someone take 10 minutes to respond
Dec. 27, 2020 at 1:58 p.m.

There's at least 5 trades where I can say he did.[
Do it? He got fleeced like a baby lamb on Drouin
Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.
Tell me how Sergechev is the better player. He's extremely sheltered and is extremely one dimensional; A major concern when he was drafted and has barely improved in that area whatsoever. Drouin has been dissapointing, but injuries have also stopped him from breaking out (This year is a prime example). Neither player has done what they were expetected too. I'm not saying Montreal won, I'm just saying that Tampa didn't either.

Former 70 PT player who has done it once and is a consistent 50 PT player. He had a great breakout season here in his first season with Montreal, but he doesn't have an identity. He wants to be a center, but can't take draws and is wildly inconsistent to ever become a top 6 center in the league. He's a winger that doesn't want to play wing. It's exactly like Galchenyuk. They are in a very similar spot. Domi tries to play physical, but at 5'10 192 LBS, he doesn't have enough strength to actually play like he wants. At the end of his tenure in Montreal, he was playing on the 4th line, he simply didn't fit here and hopefully he finds himself in a better position in Columbus, let's also point out the fact that he signed a 2 year deal that walks him straight into FA so CBJ is likely losing him for nothing. Something Bergevin didn't want to risk.

I don't know why everybody brings up Anderson's point totals. That's not what he is here to do. He's here to bring energy to the team while being a physical player and changing the momentum of the game. His career high is 47 points and 27 goals, which for a PWF is very good numbers. Everybody applauses Anthony Mantha for being such a good PWF, but Anderson brings the exact same skill set and out scores Mantha. There's bias there, but it's ok.

Are we talking about another player here? I have watched some Tampa Bay games (not just the playoffs) and Sergachev isn't a one dimensional player. He's made defensive plays and helped get Tampa possession of the puck lots of times. Also I don't know if it's being extremely sheltered or just being on the same defense as two other stud defensemen in McDonaugh and Hedman. Also, when those defenseman were injured during the playoffs, Sergachev stepped up and Tampa still won games. As for Drouin, sure injuries haven't been the kindest to him, but his time to improve is shortening rapidly. He's a very one dimensional player and only has a career high 52 points. And I also think Sergachev took massive strides to improve his defense this year as well as provide offense. IMO, Sergachev is clearly the better player and one of Yzerman's best trades.

As for Domi, I think he's bound to evantually find a role that works for him and whatever team provides that to him. Sure he's inconsistent, but whenever my team plays against him and he's on, he's a pain to play against. I think you could've gotten a way better return than just Anderson. I don't think his contract is the greatest either (I was thinking just one year would be better), but Columbus was going to move Anderson, and getting a 3rd and Domi was a great return for the team.

Ok the point totals may be true, but that's what a player worth his salary is paid to do. Being physical and being annoying as well getting points is what a PWF is supposed to do. I like Anderson and think he's a good player, I just don't think that contract was a good contract for him based on what he brings to the team. Also, Mantha has a better PPG than him and I think Mantha could have a longer and very good season as long as he avoids fighting players so much as it gets him injured pretty often. Also, I don't know about you but Mantha looks a lot better than Anderson when he's on the ice. But then again, we haven't seen Anderson play yet, so it''s unfair to judge him when he hasn't even played on his new team, but on paper it's not a great contract IMO.
Bolts20Cup and HabsForEver liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:04 p.m.

There's at least 5 trades where I can say he did.

I’m waiting troll
Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:09 p.m.
Are we talking about another player here? I have watched some Tampa Bay games (not just the playoffs) and Sergachev isn't a one dimensional player. He's made defensive plays and helped get Tampa possession of the puck lots of times. Also I don't know if it's being extremely sheltered or just being on the same defense as two other stud defensemen in McDonaugh and Hedman. Also, when those defenseman were injured during the playoffs, Sergachev stepped up and Tampa still won games. As for Drouin, sure injuries haven't been the kindest to him, but his time to improve is shortening rapidly. He's a very one dimensional player and only has a career high 52 points. And I also think Sergachev took massive strides to improve his defense this year as well as provide offense. IMO, Sergachev is clearly the better player and one of Yzerman's best trades.

As for Domi, I think he's bound to evantually find a role that works for him and whatever team provides that to him. Sure he's inconsistent, but whenever my team plays against him and he's on, he's a pain to play against. I think you could've gotten a way better return than just Anderson. I don't think his contract is the greatest either (I was thinking just one year would be better), but Columbus was going to move Anderson, and getting a 3rd and Domi was a great return for the team.

Ok the point totals may be true, but that's what a player worth his salary is paid to do. Being physical and being annoying as well getting points is what a PWF is supposed to do. I like Anderson and think he's a good player, I just don't think that contract was a good contract for him based on what he brings to the team. Also, Mantha has a better PPG than him and I think Mantha could have a longer and very good season as long as he avoids fighting players so much as it gets him injured pretty often. Also, I don't know about you but Mantha looks a lot better than Anderson when he's on the ice. But then again, we haven't seen Anderson play yet, so it''s unfair to judge him when he hasn't even played on his new team, but on paper it's not a great contract IMO.

Very well said.
TheNorthStar liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.
Being I’m not a Canadians die hard I was actually looking back and made a slight retraction . But heaven forbid someone take 10 minutes to respond

When you are replying every minute and then when I ask you to explain you go silent... it seems that way
Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:13 p.m.
When you are replying every minute and then when I ask you to explain you go silent... it seems that way

I was doing a little research my apologies for the troll comment. Will admit when I’m mistaken. I actually liked Marc Bergervin when I met him a couple times as an original season ticket holder
HabsForEver liked this.
Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:19 p.m.
I’m waiting troll

Jeff Petry for 2015 4th (Caleb Jones) + 2015 2nd (Jonas Siegenthaler)

Phillip Danault + 2018 2nd (Alex Romanov) for Tomas Fleishchmann + Dale Weise

Shea Weber for PK Subban

Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Tatar + Suzuki for Pacioretty

Here's 5. Then you can add in the little things he does, like getting Weise for Diaz, Vanek for Collberg and MacLeod, Benn for Pateryn, Armia for cap dump, Kulak for 2 AHL players,
Dec. 27, 2020 at 2:23 p.m.
Jeff Petry for 2015 4th (Caleb Jones) + 2015 2nd (Jonas Siegenthaler)

Phillip Danault + 2018 2nd (Alex Romanov) for Tomas Fleishchmann + Dale Weise
He
Shea Weber for PK Subban

Max Domi for Alex Galchenyuk

Tatar + Suzuki for Pacioretty

Here's 5. Then you can add in the little things he does, like getting Weise for Diaz, Vanek for Collberg and MacLeod, Benn for Pateryn, Armia for cap dump, Kulak for 2 AHL players,

I disagree with the Subban , Domi, petry good deal but if that’s your best as a Gm for 8 years meh I admitted earlier he’s better than I thought but still wouldn’t call him a top level GM

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll