SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/St. Louis Blues

STL Blues 2021 season preview

Dec. 30, 2020 at 1:33 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
I like this lineup but something, idk, puzzles me about this team, and I'm not a huge fan of Binnington.

I like their core, even without Petro. Parayko is severely underrated, ROR is just a beast, Schwartz is very good and underappreciated, Schenn is the perfect 2nd liner and I expect Thomas to have a big breakout season this season.

What puzzles me about them is their defense, besides Parayko, Dunn and Scandella(I think he fits their style like a glove. I don't get why they have both Faulk and Krug tho. They play a very similar style, with Faulk being a bit better at defense IMO. But what I don't get about having both of them is that both are PP drivers. Having both is useless. Just play one of them on the top PP unit and have Parayko and Dunn on the 2nd PP unit. No need for both.

Ville Husso will need to be very solid because I don't fully trust Binnignton.

Oh, and Hoffman will probably be a great player for their top PP unit.

Here's how I'd build the lineup:
Schwartz-ROR-Hoffman
Schenn-Thomas-Perron
Sanford-Bozak-Kyrou
Clifford-Barbashev-Blais

Krug-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo

Binnington-Husso

@STLBlues17
@mokumboi
@BluesBandit
Dec. 30, 2020 at 1:43 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
I like this lineup but something, idk, puzzles me about this team, and I'm not a huge fan of Binnington.

I like their core, even without Petro. Parayko is severely underrated, ROR is just a beast, Schwartz is very good and underappreciated, Schenn is the perfect 2nd liner and I expect Thomas to have a big breakout season this season.

What puzzles me about them is their defense, besides Parayko, Dunn and Scandella(I think he fits their style like a glove. I don't get why they have both Faulk and Krug tho. They play a very similar style, with Faulk being a bit better at defense IMO. But what I don't get about having both of them is that both are PP drivers. Having both is useless. Just play one of them on the top PP unit and have Parayko and Dunn on the 2nd PP unit. No need for both.

Schwartz-ROR-Hoffman
Schenn-Thomas-Perron
Sanford-Bozak-Kyrou
Clifford-Barbashev-Blais

Krug-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo

Binnington-Husso

@STLBlues17
@mokumboi
@BluesBandit

Yeah I think you covered it pretty well. I think this is a huge year for Binnington, hopefully he can get his rookie year swagger back. Kyrou will also be expected to make a big jump. If VT can come back and contribute for the playoffs, this will be a very dangerous team.
Dec. 30, 2020 at 4:28 p.m.
mokumboi
ROR and Perron are a tandem, they won't be split up.

The thing that puzzles you is why they dealt for Faulk and signed him to a big deal before he'd ever played for us, and why Army putzed around with Petro, whose departure necessitated signing Krug. I think he outsmarted himself. We'll still be a contender, but we're not as insanely good as we should be.
Jan. 11, 2021 at 4:04 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

Schwartz-ROR-Hoffman
Schenn-Thomas-Perron
Sanford-Bozak-Kyrou
Clifford-Barbashev-Blais

Krug-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk
Scandella-Bortuzzo

Binnington-Husso

@STLBlues17
@mokumboi
@BluesBandit

Lineup is a bit different. Dunn Faulk don't work because they are both primarily offensive. it would be Dunn-Bortz Scandella-Faulk. Offense Perron and Hoffman are switched. Kyrou is pretty much solidified in that 3RW he had 2 goals again last night he's done very well in that position. Still waiting on if Alexandrov Mikkola, and Perunovich get chances, but we'll see in the future, but some guys time is pretty much up here DLR is pretty much done I feel the same about McEachern, and I think Walman and Reinke have pretty much lost their opportunity on the Blues lineup I think it's moving onto Mikkola and Perunovich, and maybe even Tucker. Tyler Tucker has a cannon of a shot, might even be the left handed version of Parayko in the future. I see a good amount of upside in him. Mikkola most likely takes Scandella's spot in the future.
Jan. 11, 2021 at 5:12 p.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
Lineup is a bit different. Dunn Faulk don't work because they are both primarily offensive. it would be Dunn-Bortz Scandella-Faulk. Offense Perron and Hoffman are switched. Kyrou is pretty much solidified in that 3RW he had 2 goals again last night he's done very well in that position. Still waiting on if Alexandrov Mikkola, and Perunovich get chances, but we'll see in the future, but some guys time is pretty much up here DLR is pretty much done I feel the same about McEachern, and I think Walman and Reinke have pretty much lost their opportunity on the Blues lineup I think it's moving onto Mikkola and Perunovich, and maybe even Tucker. Tyler Tucker has a cannon of a shot, might even be the left handed version of Parayko in the future. I see a good amount of upside in him. Mikkola most likely takes Scandella's spot in the future.

Walman apparently had a great camp. Hopefully he gets top line minutes playing for Vancouver’s AHL team this year. I really like Tucker’s game too.
Jan. 11, 2021 at 11:01 p.m.
Quoting: BluesBandit
Walman apparently had a great camp. Hopefully he gets top line minutes playing for Vancouver’s AHL team this year. I really like Tucker’s game too.

Blues AHL is fully operational I thought?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll