Published: Dec. 30, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$925,000
Trades
MTL
    I am super impressed with Caufield, he is such a threat in the offensive zone. So good to find opening, excellent skating, IQ and shot. He really needs to work on is defensive play, that’s why he is back to college. He doesn’t really wins is battle on the board, but that’s understandable. He’ll need to be good on the PP
    MTL
      Lehkonen 2.0 !!!!! So good defensively, good vision. Hopefully he’ll have more finish then Lehky but even if he doesn’t, he will be a solid 2-way bottom six player
      MTL
        Experts were rights, he’ll need time to develop. I like what I saw from him, getting better every games. We can take our time with this one, he could log a lot of minutes later in the NHL
        Buyouts
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the TBL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the CHI
        Logo of the WSH
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the STL
        Logo of the VGK
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the PHI
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the STL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        Logo of the MTL
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        22$81,500,000$73,741,309$0$3,137,500$7,758,691
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
        $4,800,000$4,800,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $3,083,333$3,083,333
        C
        UFA - 1
        $3,750,000$3,750,000
        RW, LW
        NMC
        UFA - 1
        $5,500,000$5,500,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 3
        $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
        C
        UFA - 2
        $5,500,000$5,500,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 7
        $2,125,000$2,125,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 4
        $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
        C
        UFA - 1
        $2,400,000$2,400,000
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        C
        UFA - 2
        $2,600,000$2,600,000
        RW, LW
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000
        RW
        UFA - 1
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $1,750,000$1,750,000
        LD/RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $7,857,143$7,857,143
        RD
        UFA - 6
        $10,500,000$10,500,000
        G
        NMC
        UFA - 6
        $925,000$925,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 2
        $5,500,000$5,500,000
        RD
        M-NTC, NMC
        UFA - 1
        $4,350,000$4,350,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        $875,000$875,000
        LD/RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
        LD
        RFA - 2
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $735,000$735,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $700,000$700,000
        RD
        UFA - 1
        Taxi Squad
        $3,400,000$3,400,000 ($2,325,000$2M$2,325,000$2M)
        LW, RW
        UFA - 3
        $1,400,000$1,400,000 ($325,000$325K$325,000$325K)
        C, RW, LW
        UFA - 1
        $925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        C, LW
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
        LW, RW
        UFA - 1
        $750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
        G
        UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:21 p.m.
        Ya, Caufield has been super impressive. I went to get a screenshot of his scoring line but he's had so little it gets cut off before he shows up.
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
        Quoting: Byrr
        Ya, Caufield has been super impressive. I went to get a screenshot of his scoring line but he's had so little it gets cut off before he shows up.

The coach doesn’t use him properly, even if he didn’t score ( but he did ), he’s playing so good. It’s a shame Kaliyev is playing top6 minutes when he’s horrid. The top6 should be Boldy-Zegras-Caufield Turcotte-Beniers-Brink
        Kotkaniemi15 and OlegP liked this.
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:27 p.m.
        Banned
        Quoting: GMs
        The coach doesn’t use him properly, even if he didn’t score ( but he did ), he’s playing so good. It’s a shame Kaliyev is playing top6 minutes when he’s horrid. The top6 should be Boldy-Zegras-Caufield Turcotte-Beniers-Brink

don't even bother explaining yourself to someone who only looks at the box scores
        GMs liked this.
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:32 p.m.
        Jetsfan

U do realize that he was bumped down cuz he isn't playing well? "One goal Caufield" doesn't cut it...he should be "many goal Caufield"
        CheeseFees liked this.
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:33 p.m.
        Quoting: BigOaf69
        don't even bother explaining yourself to someone who only looks at the box scores

pepe.jpg
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.
        Former Hockey Fan
        Completely agree with Caufield & Myšák. I’ve been impressed by Guhle. He’s been overshadowed by Canada’s great D, but he’s looked really solid and good. I love how he isn’t afraid to jump up near the net in the offensive zone.
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:36 p.m.
        Former Hockey Fan
        Also, I love it when a player has 3 goals in 4 games and people are complaining about how he isn’t scoring.
        OlegP, Club_de_Hockey_le_Canadien, GMs and 2 others liked this.
        Dec. 30, 2020 at 11:56 p.m.
        Caufield's performance has been extremely impressive but it is what we were expecting. The same goes with Mysak playing as the best player on Czech as expected. I'm not saying I'm upset with the results at all, in fact they make me excited for the future. Kaiden Guhle on the other hand has been playing under the radar and shift-by-shift outperfoming my expectations of him. He's showing signs of elite talent if groomed and perfected correctly. I'm very excited for Montreal's future.
        GMs and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
        Quoting: Jetman
        U do realize that he was bumped down cuz he isn't playing well? "One goal Caufield" doesn't cut it...he should be "many goal Caufield"

You do realize that Perfetti also only has 1 goal right, and he plays on a team that is outscoring their opponents 29-3 in 3 games. Also Perfetti is Canada's 2 C so he should be racking up the points faster than Caufield yet Caufield is only 2 points behind. If you are going to troll you better make damn sure that your best prospect is pulling his weight on the best team at the WJ's
        OlegP, GMs and GalchyTheBeast27 liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:09 a.m.
        Jetsfan
        Quoting: Campabee
        You do realize that Perfetti also only has 1 goal right, and he plays on a team that is outscoring their opponents 29-3 in 3 games. Also Perfetti is Canada's 2 C so he should be racking up the points faster than Caufield yet Caufield is only 2 points behind. If you are going to troll you better make damn sure that your best prospect is pulling his weight on the best team at the WJ's

Perfetti is known for his playmaking, not goals...he also is playing wing.
        CheeseFees liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:12 a.m.
        Banned
        Guhle has been most encouraging to me as I wasn't fond of the pick originally.
        GMs liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:20 a.m.
        Perfetti is known for his playmaking, not goals...he also is playing wing.

LMAO that's why last year at the WJ's they were calling him goal Perfetti right?! Even still 5 points in 3 games is horrible for a playmaking winger at the WJC. BTW Perfetti started on McMicheal's left with Krebs on the right against Germany but has also been relegated to the 4th line with Newhook and Krebs due to his lack of production and poor play. Don't troll cause you really are an amateur at it LMAO!!!
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.

Caufield was never bumped down, he started with Boldy and Beniers, got used a little bit with Turcotte and Zegras and went back with Boldy and Beniers. I understand they have chemistry and last WCJ Zegras and Kaliyev had chemistry, but Kaliyev just can’t follow. He’s a Michael McCarron with a great shot
        Campabee liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:23 a.m.
        Quoting: OlegP
        Guhle has been most encouraging to me as I wasn't fond of the pick originally.

I liked the Guhle pick from day 1 but he has surprised me with his skills with the puck. I figured if anything he was a Weber type of player with better skating ability and less scoring. A big minute munching shutdown LHD capable of maybe 20-25 points a season. Seeing him at the WJC I think he could be more like Petry putting up 40-50 points from the backend in his prime.
        GMs and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:24 a.m.
        LMAO that's why last year at the WJ's they were calling him goal Perfetti right?! Even still 5 points in 3 games is horrible for a playmaking winger at the WJC. BTW Perfetti started on McMicheal's left with Krebs on the right against Germany but has also been relegated to the 4th line with Newhook and Krebs due to his lack of production and poor play. Don't troll cause you really are an amateur at it LMAO!!!

Don’t exaggerate tho, but people complaining about how many goals he scores or didn’t doesn’t watch the games. Saying Caufield is meh in this tournament are clearly not watching the games.
        Campabee liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:31 a.m.
        Banned
        I liked the Guhle pick from day 1 but he has surprised me with his skills with the puck. I figured if anything he was a Weber type of player with better skating ability and less scoring. A big minute munching shutdown LHD capable of maybe 20-25 points a season. Seeing him at the WJC I think he could be more like Petry putting up 40-50 points from the backend in his prime.

I really hope they pair Romanov with Petry at some point. They should cave in the opposition. Petry 56% expected goal rate last season, Romanov's elite goal suppression. From what I heard of "The Tsar" is how competitive the kid is in practice. At the combine, Romanov would ask what the record was at every test so he could break it!
        Campabee and Morons liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:38 a.m.
        Quoting: OlegP
        I really hope they pair Romanov with Petry at some point. They should cave in the opposition. Petry 56% expected goal rate last season, Romanov's elite goal suppression. From what I heard of "The Tsar" is how competitive the kid is in practice. At the combine, Romanov would ask what the record was at every test so he could break it!

Have you seen his hit in the bubble yet on YouTube? Richardson said in a presser that he laid a few guys out in the bubble in practice and that that was not expected. His compete in the bubble was that of an experienced NHL D man. See link.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/nhl/hockey-inside-out/canadiens-excited-about-seeing-alexander-romanov-in-action/wcm/1321ecb3-20e8-48e7-9661-7cfa2ecee1f1/amp/

He was also called as the assassin in Russia cause he kills plays defensively.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:43 a.m.
        Jetsfan

Are you not a Canada fan? If you were, you would know the lines. Plus this discussion was about Caufield...just because he isn't playing great, u have to defect??? Lol
        CheeseFees liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 12:57 a.m.
        Are you not a Canada fan? If you were, you would know the lines. Plus this discussion was about Caufield...just because he isn't playing great, u have to defect??? Lol

1. What does being a Canadian fan have to do with seeing the truth? Caufield has played great in his limited ice time. Watch a game or two without the Habs bias and you will see just how good the kid really is.

2. Game against Germany #1 line Perfetti-McMicheal-krebs, game against Switzerland #4 line Perfetti-Newhook-Krebs. Yeah I watched the games you should try it.

3. I wasn't deflecting I was comparing Jets best prospect to Habs best prospect. Caufield started on the 4th line with Boldly and Beniers cause of chemistry, and was played only a few shifts with Zebras and Turcotte before being reunited on the 4th line with Boldly and Beniers. The U.S. coach likes to keep guys who have played together in the past on the same lines. I think he is kind of afraid to mess with what has worked before.

4. I am actually a big fan of all 3 of Perfetti, Caufield and Kaliyev all 3 are very good players and will have long NHL careers.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 5:13 a.m.
        Some of the people in this thread need to chill out a bit,
        People are far too reactionary at WJC performances, it’s not something you base your entire perception of a prospect off of, if Caufield, Byfield or Zegras went entirely scoreless this WJC while it may be disappointing and many raise a couple red flags with me I would still refuse to say they are busts, based on 7 weird games. World juniors are good to observe prospects sure but they really only tell a small story, for example, coming into this tourney I was expecting zegras to put on a passing clinic but coming out of it I’m seeing that he has really taken his shooting to a new level and may bring some goal scoring touch to the NHL, and that isn’t even because of his goals but rather my observations of the increased quality and use of his shot, people should change their perception of the world juniors as a place to see who will be the best prospect and instead use it to see how a prospect uses their skills, essentially the WJC won’t tell you a prospect career success but it may tell you what they’ve improved on or what they were already good at, take pieces of the cake not the whole thing.
        GMs and GalchyTheBeast27 liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 5:13 a.m.
        1. What does being a Canadian fan have to do with seeing the truth? Caufield has played great in his limited ice time. Watch a game or two without the Habs bias and you will see just how good the kid really is.

2. Game against Germany #1 line Perfetti-McMicheal-krebs, game against Switzerland #4 line Perfetti-Newhook-Krebs. Yeah I watched the games you should try it.

3. I wasn't deflecting I was comparing Jets best prospect to Habs best prospect. Caufield started on the 4th line with Boldly and Beniers cause of chemistry, and was played only a few shifts with Zebras and Turcotte before being reunited on the 4th line with Boldly and Beniers. The U.S. coach likes to keep guys who have played together in the past on the same lines. I think he is kind of afraid to mess with what has worked before.

4. I am actually a big fan of all 3 of Perfetti, Caufield and Kaliyev all 3 are very good players and will have long NHL careers.

Boldy-Beniers-Caufiled are U.S.A 2nd line
        Kaliyev is horrid I don’t think he’ll be a regular at the NHL level
        CheeseFees liked this.
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 5:16 a.m.
        Quoting: Swedenheim
        Some of the people in this thread need to chill out a bit,
        People are far too reactionary at WJC performances, it’s not something you base your entire perception of a prospect off of, if Caufield, Byfield or Zegras went entirely scoreless this WJC while it may be disappointing and many raise a couple red flags with me I would still refuse to say they are busts, based on 7 weird games. World juniors are good to observe prospects sure but they really only tell a small story, for example, coming into this tourney I was expecting zegras to put on a passing clinic but coming out of it I’m seeing that he has really taken his shooting to a new level and may bring some goal scoring touch to the NHL, and that isn’t even because of his goals but rather my observations of the increased quality and use of his shot, people should change their perception of the world juniors as a place to see who will be the best prospect and instead use it to see how a prospect uses their skills, essentially the WJC won’t tell you a prospect career success but it may tell you what they’ve improved on or what they were already good at, take pieces of the cake not the whole thing.

Thank you. But people like Jetman who comes arguing when he is not watching the games, get the **** out. Those people are so annoying. Oh, Caufield didn’t score 10 goals, he didn’t had a good tournament. Anyways, yes I agree on Zegras shot, I thought he was only a playmaker but is shot is way better now and more accurate. Good prospect you got there
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 5:17 a.m.

Isn’t playing great ? You didn’t watched 1 ( ONE ) game ? He didn’t played great ? That tells us you didn’t
        Dec. 31, 2020 at 5:23 a.m.
        Thank you. But people like Jetman who comes arguing when he is not watching the games, get the **** out. Those people are so annoying. Oh, Caufield didn’t score 10 goals, he didn’t had a good tournament. Anyways, yes I agree on Zegras shot, I thought he was only a playmaker but is shot is way better now and more accurate. Good prospect you got there

I was expecting a bit of improved shooting and stuff but he is a legitimate dual threat, I used to wonder if he would ever be a consistent 20 goal scorer or if he would be a bit like marker where he is just there for the assists but if he keeps shooting like he has his shot shouldn’t be a problem. I’ve also been impressed with Caufields ability to get open on the ice for a pass and it looks like his passing has gotten better too
        GMs liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll