SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Captain Spurgeon

Jan. 3, 2021 at 10:07 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Not really a surprise. Spurgeon is a fantastic player signed long term, good move imo.

While I always thought Parise was going to be the next captain, crying to the media about only having so many chances is generally a bad leader move.
mnwild1790 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 10:55 a.m.
Quoting: JayTea
Not really a surprise. Spurgeon is a fantastic player signed long term, good move imo.

While I always thought Parise was going to be the next captain, crying to the media about only having so many chances is generally a bad leader move.

100% agree. Although I still think Parise would make a heck of a captain, his uncertain future after speaking to the media would make me question (from a players perspective) how much he really wants to be there? Or will he want to jump ship if we continue to lose? Definitely need a captain who's 100% committed and that seems to be Spurgeon. I like the pick.
JayTea liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: mnwild1790
100% agree. Although I still think Parise would make a heck of a captain, his uncertain future after speaking to the media would make me question (from a players perspective) how much he really wants to be there? Or will he want to jump ship if we continue to lose? Definitely need a captain who's 100% committed and that seems to be Spurgeon. I like the pick.

I wouldn't have minded Foligno, but him not having a contract after this year probably makes it harder to justify. Can't really extend him now unless they're going the 7-3 expansion route and exposing your captain isn't probably a solid move. Maybe they find a way to unload Parise or Suter and Foligno can wear an A.
mnwild1790 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll