Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock Draft 2016

Mock Draft 2016

Draft Class: 2016
Created By: PenguinsFan
Published: Jan. 3, 2021 at 11:02 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
2Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Say what you will, the top 2 in this draft stay the same.
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Franky, they needed a C, but other than Dubois, there aren't any.. and we see how that has been going..
4Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Klefblom's injuries may have been unpredictable, but hail to the power of hindsight!
5Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-What Juolevi may never be..
6Logo of the Calgary Flames-Dubois and Monahan 1 and 2... yes PLEASE (not too late?)
7Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-We knew he be good. Admittedly worth asking, does he succeed in Ariona?
8Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Forward depth needs work. Solution? Keller with Eichel (and Skinner? Hall?)
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Adam Fox (+57 )
Close enough to Sergachev.. right?
10Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-This one just feels right.
11Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the New Jersey DevilsThe Sens make a move.. theyre set in net.
12Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Ottawa SenatorsCall me a sucker.. he's got too much potential and not enough forwards have seperated themselves in this draft.
13Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Been one of the more reliable defensemen in this draft .Would have filled a need and prevented the Gardiner contract.
14Logo of the Boston Bruins-Has solidified hiself as a very good defenseman.
15Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
Jesper Bratt (+147 )
This draft.. has not been great. Bratt, for a 6th rounder, has been.
16Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Detroit Red WingsI mean, he was close to half a PPG last season.. as close as he could be without getting it.
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-I love this fit. I dunno why. I think it works.
18Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Philadelphia FlyersA team VERY weak defensively right now.. he helps.
19Logo of the New York Islanders-Boost for the defense, a guy who can and will play.
20Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York RangersThe wings 2nd rounder has been great. Gonna have to pony up to keep him.
21Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Los Angeles KingsHe's flashed potential, and they don't need two defenseman. They knew he'd be here.
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksIf they develop him right this is a steal.
23Logo of the Florida Panthers-Over 100 games, solid bottom 6 guy ,maybe middle 6.
24Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Something needs change here. What could Dube do?
25Logo of the Dallas Stars-
Sam Steel (+5 )
With this much offensive potential, imagine Steel with Benn, Radulov, Seguin, and Co...
26Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Washington CapitalsThis boosts their D and maybe prevents the Faulk move.
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-If any team could develop him..
28Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the St. Louis Blues
Max Jones (-4 )
Him+ Tom Wilson=?
29Logo of the Boston BruinsLogo of the San Jose SharksDone well in small sample, and just feels like a Bruin
30Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsHard pick to gauge, need to see his performance in Toronto. Could have considered a guy like Kyrou, Hajek, or Borgstrom.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 11:14 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Two things i just don’t think are possible:
I don’t think there’s any GM that would even consider taking Sergachev over McAvoy.
Tkachuk goes over Laine, plain and simple.

One thing i just don’t get: the hype around fox.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
Lenny7
I'm taking Jake Bean over Joey Anderson, Juolevi, Max Jones, Tage Thompson, Brett Howden, and maybe even Cholo, every day of the week. IMO, If Carolina wasn't so deep on D, he'd have been playing full time in the NHL last year.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Bcarlo25
I don’t think there’s any GM that would even consider taking Sergachev over McAvoy.

I mean, he's not a shutdown dman, but he was very solid offensively, and put up good fancy stats on a very bad defensive team.

Just for fun, I was checking out McAvoy vs. Fox from a pure-numbers situation, comparing age 21 seasons (McAvoy's 2nd in the league). They actually had pretty similar numbers.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 12:41 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: Lenny7
I mean, he's not a shutdown dman, but he was very solid offensively, and put up good fancy stats on a very bad defensive team.

Just for fun, I was checking out McAvoy vs. Fox from a pure-numbers situation, comparing age 21 seasons (McAvoy's 2nd in the league). They actually had pretty similar numbers.

What would be a better experiment would be to compare them playing hockey.
Lenny7 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 12:51 p.m.
Lenny7
What would be a better experiment would be to compare them playing hockey.

Hahaha, sorry man, I knew that'd get you riled up a bit tears of joy

I just don't see any reason why there wouldn't be hype around Fox?
Jan. 4, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Hahaha, sorry man, I knew that'd get you riled up a bit tears of joy

I just don't see any reason why there wouldn't be hype around Fox?

Hype is pretty hard to define in this context. He’s really good. People go crazy over him. People use Norris and fox in the same sentence. People go a bit too crazy over him based on advanced stats. It’s good evidence as to why advanced stats just are so horrible for d men.
Lenny7 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.
MK458
Good list! I think Hronek could certainly go higher though. I think he's proved he's a better player than some of the guys who have going right before him
Jan. 4, 2021 at 1:41 p.m.
Lenny7
Hype is pretty hard to define in this context. He’s really good. People go crazy over him. People use Norris and fox in the same sentence. People go a bit too crazy over him based on advanced stats. It’s good evidence as to why advanced stats just are so horrible for d men.

I don't know...since about 2012, the Norris has essentially become a "Who's the best offensive d-man in the league" trophy, which, at some point, Fox could well be.

Not saying that I don't think some of the players over the past 7-8 seasons have in fact been worthy, but it seems like the emphasis is more on the offensive side than it is when it comes to their ability to play in their own zone.
Jan. 7, 2021 at 7:30 p.m.
PensWantAnotherCup
I'm taking Jake Bean over Joey Anderson, Juolevi, Max Jones, Tage Thompson, Brett Howden, and maybe even Cholo, every day of the week. IMO, If Carolina wasn't so deep on D, he'd have been playing full time in the NHL last year.

That's fair, but I just haven't seen quite enough for him. He probably could have snuck in the end, for the same reason Juolevi went high.
Lenny7 liked this.
Jan. 7, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
PensWantAnotherCup
Quoting: mk458
Good list! I think Hronek could certainly go higher though. I think he's proved he's a better player than some of the guys who have going right before him

He was kind of the hard one to rate. Honestly, looking back, I could definitely have moved him up a spot or two.
mk458 liked this.
Jan. 7, 2021 at 7:39 p.m.
PensWantAnotherCup

I definitely agree McAvoy over Sergachev, but I just don't feel like the Oilers (then or now) make the right pick there.

As far As Laine vs Tkachuk, the thing is, goal scorers are so highly valued, that even if he hasn't entirely developed, can you really convince Winnipeg to pass on him.. I don't think so.
Jan. 7, 2021 at 9:43 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: PenguinsFan
I definitely agree McAvoy over Sergachev, but I just don't feel like the Oilers (then or now) make the right pick there.

As far As Laine vs Tkachuk, the thing is, goal scorers are so highly valued, that even if he hasn't entirely developed, can you really convince Winnipeg to pass on him.. I don't think so.

Laine can disappear for 30 games at a time. Tkachuk won’t do that for more than a shift.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll