Forums/Armchair-GM

what would you give up for Laine

Created by: flyersarephilly
Team: 2020-21 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 4, 2021
Published: Jan. 4, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This package probably doesn't get the deal done but I feel like it would look similar to this. Young NHL ready prospect , NHL vet, Soild young prospect and picks. A contract needs to go back to make a deal work. What would jets fans want ot what are your thoughts on a trade?
Trades
WPG
  1. Frost, Morgan
  2. Voracek, Jakub
  3. York, Cam [Reserve List]
  4. 2021 1st round pick (PHI)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (PHI)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$64,349,924$66,037$582,500$17,150,076
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,075,000$1,075,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 5
$2,550,000$2,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$730,833$730,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
LD, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:19 p.m.
Offers like this would be a pretty easy no for Winnipeg. Far too much quantity, too little quality and meets no team needs for a player they don't need to trade at this time.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:22 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Windjammer
Offers like this would be a pretty easy no for Winnipeg. Far too much quantity, too little quality and meets no team needs for a player they don't need to trade at this time.

Cam York is a beast. Morgan Frost is a beast.
SociallyHawkward and NLidstrom liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:23 p.m.
KFTW
I think Cam York is a good starting player. Here’s what I’m thinking:

Lindblom + York + Frost + 1st
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
I think WPG would look for a Dman closer to Laine's age range. So probably starts with either Sanheim or Myers. Then added Frost and a 1st. I would think that's in the ballpark of what they're looking for. Of course you can add more or less from either side but I'd assume that's the base of the deal.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:39 p.m.
jimmyjets
We'd want now NHL players.

Sanhiem/Myers + Konecny or straight up for Provorov.

Multiple prospects and picks is a trade for 2 years from now.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
jimmyjets
Quoting: csick

We've already got Ville Heinola as a beastly smallerish Left D. Long term we're super happy with JMO, Samberg and Heinola so adding another LHD doesn't make sense as the main piece of the trade unless they play on the right side.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:41 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: jimmyjets
We've already got Ville Heinola as a beastly smallerish Left D. Long term we're super happy with JMO, Samberg and Heinola so adding another LHD doesn't make sense as the main piece of the trade unless they play on the right side.

Sanheim + Frost + 1st is still the best package then
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:43 p.m.

I don't think quality of player is lacking I think all players involved will be/are good nhl players I understand not wanting to take on voracek's contract but money would need to be moved. Sure he doesn't have t be moved but by his presser today it didn't seem like he was too happy with the situation who knows if that's on him, his agent, or the team. what would you be looking for IF he was going to be traded?
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:43 p.m.
Quoting: csick

Neither have done anything yet and York is an LD, so not a long term need. You're not getting Laine for a couple mystery boxes now. 3 years from now, if nothing else better is there maybe. I know you like to champion bad trades for Laine, but as I said no team needs met equals easy no from Winnipeg.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: jimmyjets
We'd want now NHL players.

Sanhiem/Myers + Konecny or straight up for Provorov.

Multiple prospects and picks is a trade for 2 years from now.

Personally I wouldn't do Laine for Konecny straight up even though Laine has the higher upside Konecny just led the team in scoring and is looking like he's going to be taking huge steps. I'd consider something including Sanheim though
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: flyersarephilly
I don't think quality of player is lacking I think all players involved will be/are good nhl players I understand not wanting to take on voracek's contract but money would need to be moved. Sure he doesn't have t be moved but by his presser today it didn't seem like he was too happy with the situation who knows if that's on him, his agent, or the team. what would you be looking for IF he was going to be traded?

I think the Jets would look for a young, top 4 RHD with top 2 potential as the main piece.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:52 p.m.
Jetsfan
Sanheim, Patrick and a 2nd next off season

This is if Patrick is fully healthy of course
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:54 p.m.
I think the Jets would look for a young, top 4 RHD with top 2 potential as the main piece.

I mean Myers certainly fits that description but he's the only one in the org really so I feel like that would be tough to do but I totally get why he would be a desired piece. Does Sanheim have any interest to you? I know you said RHD and he's left handed but he's comfortable playing right side
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:57 p.m.
Quoting: Jetman
Sanheim, Patrick and a 2nd next off season

This is if Patrick is fully healthy of course

I mean it looks like Patrick is off to a good start but I don't know if he'll ever be considered "Fully healthy" again since there isn't really a cure for migraines. Would you consider switching it to Frost and a First instead of patrick?
Jan. 4, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
Jetsfan
I mean it looks like Patrick is off to a good start but I don't know if he'll ever be considered "Fully healthy" again since there isn't really a cure for migraines. Would you consider switching it to Frost and a First instead of patrick?

Depends what this year brings. I just don't know too much about Frost
Jan. 4, 2021 at 5:10 p.m.
I mean Myers certainly fits that description but he's the only one in the org really so I feel like that would be tough to do but I totally get why he would be a desired piece. Does Sanheim have any interest to you? I know you said RHD and he's left handed but he's comfortable playing right side

Yeah, I can understand it being hard to move Myers especially with Niskanen retiring. The Jets we're rumoured to be interested in Sanheim, so maybe he would work.
flyersarephilly liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 5:38 p.m.
Quoting: Jetman
Depends what this year brings. I just don't know too much about Frost

Same age as Patrick highly skilled the only reason he hasn't made the NHL yet is the team views him as a top 9 center and with those roles being filled the past couple season and them no wanting to put him on wing there hasn't been a spot for him. He's showed promise in his NHL games and I would be surprised if he doesn't play in a good amount this year
Jan. 4, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
I didn’t even bother reading the other comments. Jets likely say yes to this, voracek is definitely on the decline but he can replace laine on the 2nd line and provide a different aspect to the lineup. Frost is a solid prospect and York is a really good D prospect coming up. This is an easy yes in my opinion from Jets side.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
I didn’t even bother reading the other comments. Jets likely say yes to this, voracek is definitely on the decline but he can replace laine on the 2nd line and provide a different aspect to the lineup. Frost is a solid prospect and York is a really good D prospect coming up. This is an easy yes in my opinion from Jets side.

That was kinda my thinking on the whole thing. The Jets get someone who can play in Laine's position not creating a who in the line up and get two good prospects one of which I think will be playing NHL games this season
tsyls liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 8:03 p.m.
That was kinda my thinking on the whole thing. The Jets get someone who can play in Laine's position not creating a who in the line up and get two good prospects one of which I think will be playing NHL games this season

You nailed this trade, honestly probably an overpayment. You can take the 2nd out and it’s still a great trade for wpg. I think it’s still a good deal for PHI, with that cap coming off the books for voracek, they can reup laine long term. They’d be set forward wise, with Couts and Hayes, Patrick, they don’t really have much room at C for frost. They’re also pretty set on D, maybe Jets send a lesser D prospect back to help offset York? Like a Gawanke (honestly he had a really good year in the AHL, so that would be ideal for PHI).
flyersarephilly liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 8:17 p.m.
You nailed this trade, honestly probably an overpayment. You can take the 2nd out and it’s still a great trade for wpg. I think it’s still a good deal for PHI, with that cap coming off the books for voracek, they can reup laine long term. They’d be set forward wise, with Couts and Hayes, Patrick, they don’t really have much room at C for frost. They’re also pretty set on D, maybe Jets send a lesser D prospect back to help offset York? Like a Gawanke (honestly he had a really good year in the AHL, so that would be ideal for PHI).

I'm really surprised you like this trade. We've been seeing things pretty much the same the last little while. I'd be really disappointed if the Jets accepted a declining 31 year old with a really bad contact as a main piece in a Laine trade. IMO that should get Chevy fired.

Look how much everyone complains about Wheeler's contract and Wheeler is a much better player than Voracek.

Do you really think the Jets would do it or are you just depressed or fed up with the Laine situation?

I'm not trying to argue with you about it, I'm just genuinely curious on your thinking here.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 8:25 p.m.
I'm really surprised you like this trade. We've been seeing things pretty much the same the last little while. I'd be really disappointed if the Jets accepted a declining 31 year old with a really bad contact as a main piece in a Laine trade. IMO that should get Chevy fired.

Look how much everyone complains about Wheeler's contract and Wheeler is a much better player than Voracek.

Do you really think the Jets would do it or are you just depressed or fed up with the Laine situation?

I'm not trying to argue with you about it, I'm just genuinely curious on your thinking here.

I see the voracek issue, but he’s not the focal point, PHI would have to move cap out. Jets can live with voracek at 8.25m. I think what makes this trade so good is York and Frost. Neither have proven anything, but Frost is very promising and we need a legit C prospect like him. York is also no slouch, he’s been very very good in the WJC and is likely a top 4 dman in 2-3 years. Also the 1st on top of that? Not sure how the Jets say no. You get a legit C prospect that can play in the top 6 in 1-2 years, and a really good d prospect. Actually never mind scratch my whole argument. I thought York was a RD. Eh idk, it’s still close I think but with York not being a RD that would make me less happy to take on voraceks deal.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 8:33 p.m.
I see the voracek issue, but he’s not the focal point, PHI would have to move cap out. Jets can live with voracek at 8.25m. I think what makes this trade so good is York and Frost. Neither have proven anything, but Frost is very promising and we need a legit C prospect like him. York is also no slouch, he’s been very very good in the WJC and is likely a top 4 dman in 2-3 years. Also the 1st on top of that? Not sure how the Jets say no. You get a legit C prospect that can play in the top 6 in 1-2 years, and a really good d prospect. Actually never mind scratch my whole argument. I thought York was a RD. Eh idk, it’s still close I think but with York not being a RD that would make me less happy to take on voraceks deal.

Okay, I see where you were coming from especially if you missed that York was an LD. For me, I like Frost, but this deal is 3 question marks and getting stuck with Voracek, which is my reason for disliking it. Just not enough holes patched if we're giving up Laine.
tsyls liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 9:20 p.m.
Okay, I see where you were coming from especially if you missed that York was an LD. For me, I like Frost, but this deal is 3 question marks and getting stuck with Voracek, which is my reason for disliking it. Just not enough holes patched if we're giving up Laine.

No I don’t disagree with what you’re saying. It’s a lot of ifs and buts, I’d rather do Laine and Roslovic for PLD and Bemstrom than this
Windjammer and flyersarephilly liked this.
Jan. 5, 2021 at 4:05 p.m.
No I don’t disagree with what you’re saying. It’s a lot of ifs and buts, I’d rather do Laine and Roslovic for PLD and Bemstrom than this

I think if it's possible to get PLD in a Laine trade that would be the best option for the Jets. I wonder if one if not both orgs would worry about the player still not being happy in the new org. I know PLD has said he wants to play on a bigger stage and I think playing in Canada would be something he's looking for but who knows. Also, Torts and Laine sounds like a very interesting pairing with how hard torts is on players
tsyls liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll