Forums/Armchair-GM

Future without the current Core

Created by: Silkysmooth42
Team: 2020-21 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 10, 2021
Published: Jan. 10, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I just wanted to experiment on something because its a tough one.
Obviously the bruins current core is getting a bit older, so one might think they are going to need to rebuild soon.
My thought is that like 2015-2017, they might just need another mini-rebuild to recover from a few guys. So here is the current team (no Additions), but without the current "core"

LISTEN: its not perfect. This by itself isnt a spectacular team right now nor may guys like Beecher or Studnicka reach their full potential, BUT its a damn good look so a quick analysis: (everything is speculative and I am being as realistic and not hopeful as possible so no "homer" bs lol)

First off: that defense, MY GOD ITS BEAUTIFUL. The right side is what it is now but better, and with Urho, a mature Griz, and your choice of Zboril/Lauzon on the 3rd pair its well rounded.

Goalies: A little more speculative, but Swayman is playing really well, just nearly won the Hobey Baker for college hockey, and has plenty of time and room to develop into a great goalie. Vladar was already ok, given another year or two he can be a solid backup.

Forwards: this is where it gets hard... Pasta is Pasta, Debrusk is debrusk and hopefully will mature and find his consistancy. Bjork Coyle Wags and Kuraly do their thing (and bjork will get even better with time). Beecher and Stud are both top 6 prospect, hopefully develop to fill the roles. Freddy is looking good but isnt likely gonna have a ceiling much higher than a reallllly good 3rd liner (just how he plays) I threw senyshyn in for fun cuz he might get a chance, and you know the deal with Ritchie and Kase. So who knows, but its fun anyway...
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
Trades
BOS
    The Current "OLD CORE GUYS" i suppose
    ANA
    1. Bergeron, Patrice
    2. Halák, Jaroslav
    3. Krejci, David
    4. Marchand, Brad
    5. Miller, Kevan
    6. Rask, Tuukka
    7. Smith, Craig
    Additional Details:
    (Smith and Halak are not "Core" but just old guys that they wont have)
    BOS
    1. 2023 7th round pick (ANA)
    Additional Details:
    Screw Moore.
    He isnt a cap dump, but to make everyone happy can we just agree to say this because its weird when we see "Moore and a 3rd for a 6th", like no the bruins arent giving up a 3rd to give away a solid top 6 dman
    ANA
    1. Moore, John
    2. 2023 6th round pick (BOS)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the ANA
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$46,280,648$964,222$932,500$35,219,352
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $3,675,000$3,675,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $769,167$769,167 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
    RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $6,666,667$6,666,667
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    C
    RFA
    $2,600,000$2,600,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,498,925$1,498,925
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 6
    $700,000$700,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,275,000$1,275,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,350,000$1,350,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 2
    $4,900,000$4,900,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
    G
    RFA - 3
    $3,687,500$3,687,500
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $2,850,000$2,850,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $725,000$725,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $850,000$850,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RD
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 11, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: vr1995
    their future is top 10 easy? and youre not biased? lol experts have them bottom 5 and its clear as day but you know better,youre being optimistic

FUTURE ... NOT PROSPECT POOL. (very different lmaooo)
    Also their prospects are known to be underrated. (this was proven lmaoooo)

READ, THINK, AND THEN COMMENT. (as one should lmaooo)
    Jan. 11, 2021 at 5:12 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Silkysmooth42
    FUTURE ... NOT PROSPECT POOL. (very different lmaooo)
    Also their prospects are known to be underrated. (this was proven lmaoooo)

READ, THINK, AND THEN COMMENT. (as one should lmaooo)

of course you are gonna say underrated, but you know more than guys that actually make a living off it? HOMER is this Jack edwards burner account?
    Jan. 11, 2021 at 8:22 p.m.
    Banned
    of course you are gonna say underrated, but you know more than guys that actually make a living off it? HOMER is this Jack edwards burner account?

Lmao yall really just call people homers when you disagree with them dont you. LOL
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 9:13 a.m.
    Banned
    Lmao yall really just call people homers when you disagree with them dont you. LOL

no just when people are them like you, you once tried to argue with me that karson kuhlman was better than rasmus sandin, tried saying the bruins have a top 10 future but besides mcavoy carlo and pasta their core is aging and they have one of the worst prospect pools in the NHL, you are saying you know more than people who do this for their career, that is why you are a homer, nice talking to you jack edwards
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 9:57 a.m.
    Banned
    no just when people are them like you, you once tried to argue with me that karson kuhlman was better than rasmus sandin, tried saying the bruins have a top 10 future but besides mcavoy carlo and pasta their core is aging and they have one of the worst prospect pools in the NHL, you are saying you know more than people who do this for their career, that is why you are a homer, nice talking to you jack edwards

No thats literally what this post is for HAHAHAHAHA its to show that without their aging core they are still not a bottom tier future. Realistically too. I avoided any biases by only doing the proven prospects (ignoring guys like Lauko and Steen who both were 4th roudners but are looking like they could be NHLers at some point). I literally AVOIDED all bias! LMAAOOOOOOO
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 10:58 a.m.
    Banned
    No thats literally what this post is for HAHAHAHAHA its to show that without their aging core they are still not a bottom tier future. Realistically too. I avoided any biases by only doing the proven prospects (ignoring guys like Lauko and Steen who both were 4th roudners but are looking like they could be NHLers at some point). I literally AVOIDED all bias! LMAAOOOOOOO

ok jack edwards
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 1:19 p.m.
    Banned
    ok jack edwards

U keep proving me right smile Ignoring facts and calling me a homer smile I love being proven right
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 2:18 p.m.
    Banned
    U keep proving me right smile Ignoring facts and calling me a homer smile I love being proven right

wow and you are arrogant and you cry when people make fun of you on this site , cry about how people accuse you of having an extra account, you are a baby my point is you are the one saying they are underrated when experts are saying their prospect pool is bad. thats being a homer and biased. you said top 10 future they are not top 10 future!

sens
    flyers
    oilers
    leafs
    sens
    avs
    canucks
    hurricanes
    ducks
    kings
    devils
    habs

all those teams have better futures than the bruins and not sure if you can count or not but thats at 12, there could even be more but my point was to name at least 10 for sure are better

hows that jack
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 5:45 p.m.
    Banned
    wow and you are arrogant and you cry when people make fun of you on this site , cry about how people accuse you of having an extra account, you are a baby my point is you are the one saying they are underrated when experts are saying their prospect pool is bad. thats being a homer and biased. you said top 10 future they are not top 10 future!

sens
    flyers
    oilers
    leafs
    sens
    avs
    canucks
    hurricanes
    ducks
    kings
    devils
    habs

all those teams have better futures than the bruins and not sure if you can count or not but thats at 12, there could even be more but my point was to name at least 10 for sure are better

hows that jack

In Your Opinion
    but dont call me a homer if you disagree with me.
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 5:53 p.m.
    Banned
    In Your Opinion
    but dont call me a homer if you disagree with me.

im calling you a homer because many people including experts disagree with you, if i was the only one that thought that then that would make me biased
    Jan. 12, 2021 at 11:17 p.m.
    Banned
    im calling you a homer because many people including experts disagree with you, if i was the only one that thought that then that would make me biased

lmaoooooo this is too good
    Jan. 13, 2021 at 1:18 a.m.
    Bahston Brewins
    All I gotta say is, you should just about wrap up the whole Senyshyn experiment. It ain’t happening. Maybe he’ll carve out a bottom 6 role some day...that’s a big maybe...it won’t be in Boston. 30 other teams not claiming him off waivers told me that there’s really nothing there.
    vr1995 liked this.
    Jan. 13, 2021 at 8:10 a.m.
    Banned
    lmaoooooo this is too good

Yeah no rebuttal as I thought
    Jan. 13, 2021 at 8:12 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: nalzugaray12
    All I gotta say is, you should just about wrap up the whole Senyshyn experiment. It ain’t happening. Maybe he’ll carve out a bottom 6 role some day...that’s a big maybe...it won’t be in Boston. 30 other teams not claiming him off waivers told me that there’s really nothing there.

No he’s underrated and it’s not because he’s being a homer !! All the bruins prospects are underrated ! Silky smooth is a guru
    Jan. 13, 2021 at 9:13 a.m.
    Banned
    Yeah no rebuttal as I thought

You have given me nothing to rebut smile
    Just your opinion, calling me a homer, and a denial of the facts.
    I have nothing left to rebut
    Jan. 13, 2021 at 9:16 a.m.
    Banned

This is true! Who knows, I mean with nobody claiming him there is no "Need to wrap up the experiment". He will bounce between the AHL and NHL and if he finds his spot he finds his spot! Who knows!

Also ignore VR1995 lmaooo he hasnt given a good arguement yet and I see him on many bruins and non-bruins posts (including my own) calling fans Homers whenever they disagree with him. Lol a true definition of a baby.

I love how he tried doing a side comment with u calling me a Guru like he is in the right here, but clearly he is not smile

I just looked back to make sure I wasnt ****ing this one up, and I am not. He has changed his argument about 5 times to make me wrong, and I have disproven all of them lol
    Started with tryna tell me their prospect pool is bad, which I said "I dont disagree, but they are still underrated (which is true), I was talking about their future". So he changed to saying their future is bad which i pointed out is the point of this post lmaoooo, their future ISNT bad! Then when he got upset about that he started arguing about Senyshyn lmaooooo... He just keeps tryna find some way to say I am wrong
    nalzugaray12 liked this.
    Jan. 13, 2021 at 11:56 a.m.
    Bahston Brewins
    This is true! Who knows, I mean with nobody claiming him there is no "Need to wrap up the experiment". He will bounce between the AHL and NHL and if he finds his spot he finds his spot! Who knows!

Also ignore VR1995 lmaooo he hasnt given a good arguement yet and I see him on many bruins and non-bruins posts (including my own) calling fans Homers whenever they disagree with him. Lol a true definition of a baby.

I love how he tried doing a side comment with u calling me a Guru like he is in the right here, but clearly he is not smile

I just looked back to make sure I wasnt ****ing this one up, and I am not. He has changed his argument about 5 times to make me wrong, and I have disproven all of them lol
    Started with tryna tell me their prospect pool is bad, which I said "I dont disagree, but they are still underrated (which is true), I was talking about their future". So he changed to saying their future is bad which i pointed out is the point of this post lmaoooo, their future ISNT bad! Then when he got upset about that he started arguing about Senyshyn lmaooooo... He just keeps tryna find some way to say I am wrong

haha yeah I was a bit confused with that other guy.

But hey, maybe you're right about Seny, who knows. He'll probably get in a few games this year being on the taxi squad so we'll get a better understanding of his future
    Silkysmooth42 liked this.
    Jan. 13, 2021 at 11:58 a.m.
    Banned
    haha yeah I was a bit confused with that other guy.

But hey, maybe you're right about Seny, who knows. He'll probably get in a few games this year being on the taxi squad so we'll get a better understanding of his future

Yeah he loves arguing with people and calling them homers, I mean its a great defense becuase there isnt much you can say against it other than "no im not", but ya know people will be trolls

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll