SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season!

Did you watch or leave this thread?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:38 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
Damn. I never noticed you aren't a native english speaker... that's nice tho! English is very important in today's world

Yeah I'd feel pretty lonely without being able to communicate with anyone outside my home country which is comparably very small.
AndrewLadd, BuFfaLOFaN and TanSor liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:38 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Quoting: leafs101
kids in Canada start learning French even earlier but most of us never retain it lol.

Je suis québécois
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:39 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Please do Matthews, I didn’t pick you with my first pick in my fantasy league for you to not score and rack up points

He went 4th overall in my league.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Brian2016
He went 4th overall in my league.

I got him 6th
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
Tbh kids in Finland start learning English in the 3rd grade (9 years old and so forth) so most of the younger folk here are close to fluent in English.

So crazy to think...in the US we don't learn any other languages. Wish we did but that's probably part of our cocky mentality that we are number 1
justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:43 p.m.
Anyone notice how many teams that lost the first game ended up winning the second game against the same team? NJD, NYR, DET, TOR, EDM, ARI, maybe LAK if they hold on. Crazy. Coincidence? Have there been any sweeps???
Brace for the Storm
Yeah I'd feel pretty lonely without being able to communicate with anyone outside my home country which is comparably very small.

On which platform do u watch games? NHL Live?
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
So crazy to think...in the US we don't learn any other languages. Wish we did but that's probably part of our cocky mentality that we are number 1

I took Latin for 2 years and this is my 4th year taking Spanish, but all I know at this point is hola
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:45 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Anyone notice how many teams that lost the first game ended up winning the second game against the same team? NJD, NYR, DET, TOR, EDM, ARI, maybe LAK if they hold on. Crazy. Coincidence? Have there been any sweeps???

Pittsburgh and Buffalo got swept frown
Brian2016 liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:46 p.m.

I learned Spanish from grades 3-11. I could probably pick up French pretty easily if I wanted to but I was lucky and had a local public school system that cared about integration. Wish more US schools taugh different languages
BuFfaLOFaN and justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:46 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I took Latin for 2 years and this is my 4th year taking Spanish, but all I know at this point is hola

Yea, but it's not engrained into us. Like there is people in america that speak mostly spanish so it's worth it to start teaching kids spanish right away but it doesn't happen.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
I learned Spanish from grades 3-11. I could probably pick up French pretty easily if I wanted to but I was lucky and had a local public school system that cared about integration. Wish more US schools taugh different languages

Truth! They do it I think closer to the Mexican border a lot but not up in Rochester where I am.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:49 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Yea, but it's not engrained into us. Like there is people in america that speak mostly spanish so it's worth it to start teaching kids spanish right away but it doesn't happen.

From what I’ve heard it’s a lot easier to learn a language when your younger. There’s scientific reasoning behind it I j don’t know what exactly it is
justaBoss liked this.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Wow, so disrespectful. There’s @VijayPatel11

Ah I forgot. Pardon me. They have 1 fan. Arizona has 0 fans
What in tarnation

We don't really have much choice. Finland would be a very secluded country if they couldn't communicate with others. So the country invest on its inhabitants to learn other languages.

For example, we're being taught English from 9 years old and so forth, and Swedish from the 7th grade (13yo) (although most of us hate it as we don't really need Swedish for anything). Also the students can choose to learn either French or German from 4th grade (10yo) should they want to. I didn't, and I regret it a bit.

Should the student head to upper secondary school after comprehensive school (which lasts from 1st to 9th grade, or from 7 to 15 years old) they have the choice of starting to learn Spanish or Russian as well...some schools also offer the possibility of learning languages like Chinese or even Latin, but it's quite uncommon.

And all of this is completely free for the students, minus the books they might have to buy.
TanSor and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:50 p.m.
Hello! This seems like a fun thread to create to open up a forum for information in the season where people can watch the thread and break/discuss/argue about the 2021 season! If your tagged you do not have to join and watch this thread!
You will normally only get pinged for the first discussion point and not constant if there is a discussion right after something, if there is people spamming or being annoying on here it should be easy enough to block them and they will disappear from their feed and it will clear up the forum for you!

Logos should be used at the top of your posts about certain teams it will make it easier for people to search for their favorite teams and see who you are talking about so if I'm talking about the last sabres game I would do this -

Buffalo Sabres vs Washington Capitals 1/14
Sabres had a lot of opportunity in this game to win and probably would have if Staal hadn't given it away and popped the teams bubble.

If you not pinged in the below post just join! I will add usernames of people who are watching this thread so people know who's seeing their posts and can see the different fan bases who are on here. For questions, thoughts, opinions, trade ideas, and good rivalries! Anyway if you want to join, @BuFfaLOFaN with your favorite team and I will add u into the list here! Have fun and stay safe out there!

Buffalo Sabres
@BuFfaLOFaN

Colorado Avalanche
@Pond_Duck

Chicago Blackhawks
@Stan_Bowman

Columbus Blue Jackets
@Jarmo

St. Louis Blues
@mokumboi

Boston Bruins
@bhavikp27

Montreal Canadiens
@A_Habs_fan
@Kotkaniemi15

Vancouver Canucks
@Wqrrior

Washington Capitals
@Capitalfail67

Arizona Coyotes

New Jersey Devils
@Brian2016

Anaheim Ducks
@HadesOfSoCal

Calgary Flames
@TheFlamingC
@LEDGE_AND_DAIRY

Philadelphia Flyers
@Hammerwise

Vegas Golden Knights
@Theozler

Carolina Hurricanes
@Caniac555

New York Islanders
@AndrewLadd

Winnipeg Jets
@arafay
@tsyls

Los Angeles Kings
@ZiggyPalffy

Tampa Bay Lightning
@Hedman77

Toronto Maple Leafs
@mondo
@leafs101
@MitchMarner_16

Edmonton Oilers
@ConnorMcHellebucyk

Florida Panthers

Pittsburgh Penguins
@NoWah49
@mhockey91

Nashville Predators
@Jeuck75

New York Rangers
@KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

Detroit Red Wings
@buffbry

Ottawa Senators
@csick

San Jose Sharks
@yikes

Dallas Stars
@justaBoss

Minnesota Wild
@TanSor

Added you all to this! Hopefully you are good with your name on here! If anyone else needs on here lmk! (DO NOT QUOTE THIS AGAIN!)
justaBoss, AndrewLadd, TanSor and 5 others liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:51 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
On which platform do u watch games? NHL Live?

It's a Finnish-Swedish site called Viaplay. They have bought the rights of showing NHL games in the Scandinavian region I think. So it's the only way to watch games here without VPN...not counting illegal streams naturally.
tsyls, AndrewLadd and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:53 p.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Ah I forgot. Pardon me. They have 1 fan. Arizona has 0 fans

There is...
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:54 p.m.
Truth! They do it I think closer to the Mexican border a lot but not up in Rochester where I am.

I grew up in Minnesota. Guess I was just lucky
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:57 p.m.
We don't really have much choice. Finland would be a very secluded country if they couldn't communicate with others. So the country invest on its inhabitants to learn other languages.

For example, we're being taught English from 9 years old and so forth, and Swedish from the 7th grade (13yo) (although most of us hate it as we don't really need Swedish for anything). Also the students can choose to learn either French or German from 4th grade (10yo) should they want to. I didn't, and I regret it a bit.

Should the student head to upper secondary school after comprehensive school (which lasts from 1st to 9th grade, or from 7 to 15 years old) they have the choice of starting to learn Spanish or Russian as well...some schools also offer the possibility of learning languages like Chinese or even Latin, but it's quite uncommon.

And all of this is completely free for the students, minus the books they might have to buy.

Thanks for this lesson! It's really interesting to learn about other countries and their cultures, I wish I had learned spanish or french but... whatever I don't have time for it now ...
justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:57 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
I grew up in Minnesota. Guess I was just lucky

Near Minni?
Jan. 16, 2021 at 10:58 p.m.
What in tarnation
Thanks for this lesson! It's really interesting to learn about other countries and their cultures, I wish I had learned spanish or french but... whatever I don't have time for it now ...

No probs.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
In Zito We Trust
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Wow, so disrespectful. There’s @VijayPatel11

Thank you for remembering me
I feel so special now
go cats
BuFfaLOFaN and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.