SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Forum For News, Rumors, Reactions and Fun Throughout the 2021 Season!

Did you watch or leave this thread?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:08 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: HabsFan77
if montreal is still being considered you have to imagine one (or more, please no) of the five players I listed above are involved Very Angry Very Angry

Yeah, I know. The optimist in me is just thinking that the reason we’re in this is because CBJ is really low on Laine and really high on Danault.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:08 p.m.
What in tarnation
Dallas Stars

ahahahaha 5 power play goals today (out of 7 attempts)

Franchise record rock on
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:09 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Yes, I mean, it doesn’t look good for us, but the fact that they got this far shows that they are a little interested. These are minute by minute developments so hoping they circle back. I’d do a Monahan trade right now. I think Suzuki is the best fit for everybody tbh with Zegras a close second. Can’t see how Monahan+1st doesn’t touch Laine+Roslovic. Besides age.

Suzuki is better than PLD. No matter how drunk MB is, he doesn’t consider that for a 2nd.

And I guess the valuation depends how you view Laine.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:10 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: justaBoss
Dallas Stars

ahahahaha 5 power play goals today (out of 7 attempts)

Franchise record rock on

In the midst of all this trade talk, the Stars are having a ridiculous first game. It seems like the extra time to get ready for everyone really helped.
justaBoss and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:12 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Suzuki is better than PLD. No matter how drunk MB is, he doesn’t consider that for a 2nd.

I hate Laine. Agree to disagree on Suzuki>Dubois. I like Dubois better. Darren Hayes (idk who that is, just scrolled through Twitter and saw a verified account was talking about Dubois to CGY) and Friedhe said Calgary is in around the same time LeBrun said they aren’t so here’s hoping. TSN also doesn’t give a single f*ck about Calgary, whereas Sportsnet is more knowledgeable on them. Maybe I’m just lying to myself
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:12 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
If MTL does the following this is how I feel:
Suzuki: Very Angry
KK: Very Angry
Danault: unsure
Romanov: angry
Caufield: Very Angry

Cleary I do not want Dubois to play for MTL. I might regret this statement later on.

I think it’s worth it if KK is the centerpiece
TanSor and TheFlamingC liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:13 p.m.
What in tarnation
In the midst of all this trade talk, the Stars are having a ridiculous first game. It seems like the extra time to get ready for everyone really helped.

Indeed.

One eye is watching the game, the other is watching twitter for PLD rumors and third is watching CapFriendly.

Turns out we FInns have 3 eyes.

Glad I bought new glasses.

let's hope MB hasn't been playing a drinking game everytime there is a penalty in a MTL game
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Quoting: AndrewLadd

I don't fully understand why Habs fans are so hesitant to give up KK. Dubois was better when he was 19. Jury is out on KK's 20 y/o season, but it's going to be tough to beat 27 goals and 61 points (shortened year this year obviously, but you get what I mean)
TheFlamingC, AndrewLadd and Wqrrior liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:15 p.m.

The only thing I worry about is the 2 week quarantine, and KK has good chemistry with toffoli and if that continues for 4 seasons who knows how good KK will become
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:16 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor
I don't fully understand why Habs fans are so hesitant to give up KK. Dubois was better when he was 19. Jury is out on KK's 20 y/o season, but it's going to be tough to beat 27 goals and 61 points (shortened year this year obviously, but you get what I mean)

Teams need to let go of there attachment to their prospects. For example if I’m Calgary and Dubois is coming back, everybody besides Lindholm, Tkachuk, Anderson and Valimaki is on the table
TanSor and AndrewLadd liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:17 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
The only thing I worry about is the 2 week quarantine, and KK has good chemistry with toffoli and if that continues for 4 seasons who knows how good KK will become

Interesting point but PLD and Toffoli tg could be great too
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:18 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

I don’t care how good anyone is. KK is our sweet baby eagle with the greatest smile in the world that can light up anyone’s mood. PLD isn’t even in the same ballpark as KK in smiles per 60.
AndrewLadd, TanSor and TheFlamingC liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:21 p.m.
I don’t care how good anyone is. KK is our sweet baby eagle with the greatest smile in the world that can light up anyone’s mood. PLD isn’t even in the same ballpark as KK in smiles per 60.

oh i see why you are sad. You would have to retire your profile and make a new one lol
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:22 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Teams need to let go of there attachment to their prospects. For example if I’m Calgary and Dubois is coming back, everybody besides Lindholm, Tkachuk, Anderson and Valimaki is on the table

Last time I checked, usually people with 120+ NHL GP aren’t considered to be prospects. I know it might be different in Calgary, since the entire media at least seems to hate Gaudreau & Monahan, but this guy is a part of the team, and he’s shown a tremendous amount of growth. It would be stupid and extremely detrimental to the locker room to give up on him now.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:23 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
oh i see why you are sad. You would have to retire your profile and make a new one lol

I couldn’t care less about my username on a website. However, Jesperi is my favourite player, yes.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:23 p.m.
Interesting point but PLD and Toffoli tg could be great too

now would be the best time for MTL to trade for dubois because say he gets traded to MTL and starts his 14 days tomorrow, he would miss 7 games because MTL doesn't play until Thursday next week after the VAN game on Saturday
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:24 p.m.
I couldn’t care less about my username on a website. However, Jesperi is my favourite player, yes.

i know i was kidding but I love KK too. I remember the scream when he was drafted. If he gets traded I would play that on repeat ALL DAY LONG and cry
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:24 p.m.
Last time I checked, usually people with 120+ NHL GP aren’t considered to be prospects. I know it might be different in Calgary, since the entire media at least seems to hate Gaudreau & Monahan, but this guy is a part of the team, and he’s shown a tremendous amount of growth. It would be stupid and extremely detrimental to the locker room to give up on him now.

I know he isn’t a prospect. Young players. I just think fans get too attached. We’ll see what happens but if KK goes the other way, I don’t think you should be devastated
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:26 p.m.

Because most of their players are internally overrated, especially on the media.

I mean, what Hab fan is low on their prospects/rookies.

Suzuki rightfully should be untradeable... but honestly I don't think anyone else on that team carries more value than PLD 1 for 1. Montreal is lacking a true 1C, and PLD is on the low end of that spectrum at 22. Loads of room to solidify himself into MTL's first true elite forward. I don't see KK at his peak being close to PLD. I'd also warn that said "chemistry" with Toffoli is more just a Toffoli thriving on a down and out vancouver team than him working well with KK. (I didn't think KK was a huge contributor to the games, personally).

Ultimately I know that, if a trade happens, this fanbase will 180 from hating it to loving it. They did the same thing with the Domi trade - calling out all the CF ideas, then suddenly transitioning to thinking it was the best move possible for Anderson.

If Suzuki is in the deal... yeah, probably a loss. But I can't say that of any of your other main pieces. KK, Byron, protected first is probably the proper value.
AndrewLadd, TanSor, justaBoss and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:27 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I know he isn’t a prospect. Young players. I just think fans get too attached. We’ll see what happens but if KK goes the other way, I don’t think you should be devastated

I will be devastated. I’m a fan, and I’m able to have whatever emotions I want. But I think you’re also underestimating the “devastation” in the dressing room when the team loses a guy that they’ve played with and had friendships with for the last 2 years. Especially a guy as lively as Jesperi is.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:28 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I will be devastated. I’m a fan, and I’m able to have whatever emotions I want. But I think you’re also underestimating the “devastation” in the dressing room when the team loses a guy that they’ve played with and had friendships with for the last 2 years. Especially a guy as lively as Jesperi is.

It’s ok Dubois has shown to be a fantastic teammate
Kotkaniemi15 and justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:31 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
It’s ok Dubois has shown to be a fantastic teammate

Lol. 😂 🥲😢😭
AndrewLadd liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:33 p.m.

MTL should add Mete just so it stays mint
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 22, 2021 at 11:34 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
MTL should add Mete just so it stays mint

Stop it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit