Forums/Armchair-GM

Sick Of The PLD Overpays

Created by: Campabee
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 17, 2021
Published: Jan. 17, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Note to Capfriendly please leave my thread alone it follows all forum rules and includes a legitimate trade
Trades
CBJ
  1. Danault, Phillip
  2. Struble, Jayden [Reserve List]
  3. 2021 1st round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
If Jarmo asks for Suzuki or KK I would counter with
Evans + Ouellet + 7th
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$81,500,000$74,388,809$0$2,925,000$7,111,191
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 2
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$735,000$735,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$925,000$925,000 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$771,666$771,666 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:21 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Gotta think Jarmo is going to want Kotkatniemi.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: MisstheWhalers

then Bergevin hangs up the phone
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers

Not if he wants to move PLD! Montreal doesn't need PLD, we shouldn't give in to what Jarmo wants just to get a luxury.
math731 liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:24 p.m.
Edited Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
Honestly I don’t really understand the logic here. If you were another gm and had nick Suzuki would you trade him for that package. The answer is not a chance. Dubois is better than Suzuki.

If you don’t want to trade Suzuki because you think he has a higher ceiling don’t include him. This offer is a joke. It is clear you don’t watch CBJ play.

Edit: I don’t know why you’re complaining about the overpays. You have literally posted one where you traded KK + Tatar + norlinder + 1st. You even said that was fair. That may be the biggest overpay on this site and it came from you. How do you decide that is fair value one day and that you wouldn’t give up KK another day:
mikearky, SociallyHawkward, MisstheWhalers and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:25 p.m.
Edited Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Not if he wants to move PLD! Montreal doesn't need PLD, we shouldn't give in to what Jarmo wants just to get a luxury.

Last place Kekaleinen wants to send PLD is where he wants to go so Montreal is probably the last place he ends up
Think PLD ends in south Florida Arizona Calgary Send a message you may talk your way out of here but you may not like where you end up
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:29 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: habsfan01
then Bergevin hangs up the phone

Don't see Jarmo caving into what Dubois apparently wants and not getting what he needs in return.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
arky
I love Hab fans they will talk down a player so they can get him for scraps, but in reality they want that player so bad.

Remember the Mantha for Domi, all habs did was to talk Mnatha down to get him for less, and when Wings fans said no, they were labeled dumb and disgruntled.

Remember 3 things:

Columbus has PLD under control after this contract. There is no urgency to trade him unless they get exactly what they want. If you think they will.settle then, you are wrong.

Montreal want to send an older center who is about to be UFA, sure that makes absolutely no sense from a Blue Jackets perspective. PD could walk where PLD is controlled for 4 years.

Columbus is going to play the Sackic long game and wait for what they want. Unless you include what they want, you will not be getting PLD, no matter what Habs fans think.
Bdawwwgy1 and Gofnut999 liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:33 p.m.
Quoting: Bolts_Fan_Dan
Last place Kekaleinen wants to send PLD is where he wants to go so Montreal is probably the last place he ends up
Think PLD ends in south Florida Arizona Calgary

Arizona would be hilarious. "So you want to be traded, eh..."
Islesforthecup liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Wait, you don't seriously think downgrading from 4 years of Dubois to 1 of Danault is only worth... Struble and a first?

Remember when habs fans said "no way we give up Domi for Anderson 1 - 1!"
mikearky liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Arizona would be hilarious. "So you want to be traded, eh..."

Would send a message
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:37 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
CBJ wants a real return for a 22 year old first line center lmfao

You have to offer Danault
1 quality piece (either a top prospect or KK)
and a pick based on the offer
maybe another smaller add

thats fair to me.

your offer is llike me offering

Atkinson
1st
random prospect

for

Suzuki

dont make sense for the habs so why would I offer it
Gofnut999, mikearky and Bdawwwgy1 liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:38 p.m.
Quoting: CeciGOAT
Honestly I don’t really understand the logic here. If you were another gm and had nick Suzuki would you trade him for that package. The answer is not a chance. Dubois is better than Suzuki.

If you don’t want to trade Suzuki because you think he has a higher ceiling don’t include him. This offer is a joke. It is clear you don’t watch CBJ play.

You clearly don't watch Habs games, Suzuki is already as good or better than PLD. Logic here is PLD's best year was 61 points which is only 8 points more than Danault's best year. PLD wants out of Columbus and Montreal does NOT NEED him.

Quoting: Bolts_Fan_Dan
Think PLD ends in south Florida Arizona Calgary Send a message you may talk your way out of here but you may not like where you end up

I agree with this, Last place I would want to send him would be Montreal as well. Like I have said before to you, I don't see a fit with Montreal and PLD. I would much rather wait out the season and see how Suzuki and KK progress.
Bolts_Fan_Dan liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:39 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Arizona would be hilarious. "So you want to be traded, eh..."[/quot

Imagine going from Torts to Rick Tochett frying pan to fire
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:44 p.m.
You clearly don't watch Habs games, Suzuki is already as good or better than PLD. Logic here is PLD's best year was 61 points which is only 8 points more than Danault's best year. PLD wants out of Columbus and Montreal does NOT NEED him.

I agree with this, Last place I would want to send him would be Montreal as well. Like I have said before to you, I don't see a fit with Montreal and PLD. I would much rather wait out the season and see how Suzuki and KK progress.

You always bring up points. Kotkaniemi’s point totals scream third line center but he’s untouchable to you. He plays under torts in Columbus, look what happened when Panarin left (almost won the hart). Josh Anderson also seems to be promising despite his mediocre numbers in Columbus. If you don’t want to trade for him, stop posting trades repeatedly, no need to **** on a player that you don’t watch based on point totals and boost your own players based on intangibles & ignore their poor point totals.
Gofnut999 liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:48 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
CBJ wants a real return for a 22 year old first line center lmfao

You have to offer Danault
1 quality piece (either a top prospect or KK)
and a pick based on the offer
maybe another smaller add

thats fair to me.

your offer is llike me offering

Atkinson
1st
random prospect

for

Suzuki

dont make sense for the habs so why would I offer it

Ummm. Struble is a top prospect. He projects as a top 4 NHL D man. Watch some of his NCAA games before you call him a random prospect. Struble, Harris, Norlinder and Guhle are all top defensive prospects. Norlinder and Harris are more offensive and Guhle and Struble are more defensive. Of the 4 Struble is also the most NHL ready. Take a look at his scouting report.

https://dobberprospects.com/player/jayden-struble/
Jan. 17, 2021 at 1:55 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Edited Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Ummm. Struble is a top prospect. He projects as a top 4 NHL D man. Watch some of his NCAA games before you call him a random prospect. Struble, Harris, Norlinder and Guhle are all top defensive prospects. Norlinder and Harris are more offensive and Guhle and Struble are more defensive. Of the 4 Struble is also the most NHL ready. Take a look at his scouting report.

https://dobberprospects.com/player/jayden-struble/

didnt call him random prospect at all actually - I called a unnamed cbj prospect, a random prospect since i dont know their system well enough to suggest anyone thats not foudy bemstrom texier; with all three of them not being prospects anymore.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:04 p.m.
If Jarmo trades PLD to Montreal and takes any package that doesn't include either Suzuki or KK, he needs to be fired. I can get behind the argument that Suzuki should be off limits in a PLD trade, he looked incredible for Montreal in the playoffs and he should be a point per game player throughout his career and ultimately I think he'll have a relatively similar career to PLD. Plus, he's a right shot which is more rare than left shot players. That being said, if you look at it from Columbus' perspective, this makes Domi their 1C with nobody else in the organization that is a top 6 center (Texier belongs on the wing IMO) or that has upside to become a top 6 center (maybe Foudy is that for them?). It just doesn't make any sense to me to trade such a valuable asset, not get a potential replacement in return, and therefore gut your center depth for the foreseeable future.

If I'm Jarmo I still don't know if I'd do it for KK, I'd want Suzuki.
Gofnut999 liked this.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
didnt call him random prospect at all actually - I called a unnamed cbj prospect a random prospect since i dont know their system well enough.

I see. Doesn't change the facts though Danault is better than Atkinson, Montreal does not need PLD and PLD wants out of Columbus. Personally I have said many times PLD is not what Montreal needs and if you read the title I am sick of the PLD to Montreal crap and everyone saying it HAS to start with KK or Suzuki. Fact is a package can be centered around Danault IF both teams in fact wanted to make a trade with eachother. In actuality it is in neither teams best interest to make a trade with eachother. Montreal giving up too many assets for a player they may already have if they are patient and Columbus giving into a players demands would be bad practice
Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:19 p.m.
@Campabee
Unfortunately for mtl this will go down exactly like drouin. A very talented player picked third overall wants out of his team. Mtl along with probably 5(at a bare minimum) are going to be offering players and prospects. Best package wins. Someone in the comments said don’t send him to mtl as a punishment which is stupid, as you obviously take your best deal.

Dubois has had decent production and is young. He’s got good size and a solid shot with 20 goals three times(18 last year in 71 games) if you think he’ll be better because of torterello that’s fine, but either way we’re betting against multiple teams. They’ll either want a young kid like kk or an established 25/26 years old with good production. Almost zero chance we get him without kk. They only way I see would be danault and caufield, which is risky
Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:27 p.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
@Campabee
Unfortunately for mtl this will go down exactly like drouin. A very talented player picked third overall wants out of his team. Mtl along with probably 5(at a bare minimum) are going to be offering players and prospects. Best package wins. Someone in the comments said don’t send him to mtl as a punishment which is stupid, as you obviously take your best deal.

Dubois has had decent production and is young. He’s got good size and a solid shot with 20 goals three times(18 last year in 71 games) if you think he’ll be better because of torterello that’s fine, but either way we’re betting against multiple teams. They’ll either want a young kid like kk or an established 25/26 years old with good production. Almost zero chance we get him without kk. They only way I see would be danault and caufield, which is risky

I don't disagree with you, I just don't see why we need to make a trade for him when we can just be patient and see if KK can become that without losing assets. It seems really illogical to me.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:33 p.m.
I don't disagree with you, I just don't see why we need to make a trade for him when we can just be patient and see if KK can become that without losing assets. It seems really illogical to me.

Wasn’t saying we must, only saying it’ll cost a lot to get him.
There are two simple questions.
1) does swapping kk for Dubois give you a legit shot at a cup?
2) does Dubois getting out of torterello system and to a place he loves, jumpstart his offence and he puts up 70+ points.
If you answered yes to either question, make the trade.
If you answered no to both, don’t make the trade
Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:44 p.m.
Quoting: Howisbergevinstillhere
Wasn’t saying we must, only saying it’ll cost a lot to get him.
There are two simple questions.
1) does swapping kk for Dubois give you a legit shot at a cup?
2) does Dubois getting out of torterello system and to a place he loves, jumpstart his offence and he puts up 70+ points.
If you answered yes to either question, make the trade.
If you answered no to both, don’t make the trade

First answer is maybe maybe not it depends on how the season progresses for KK.

SSecond answer is not convinced it would because CJ's system and Tortz's system aren't that different. Both are defense first old school coaches. Both are hard on players who don't play well and neither is willing to encourage players. Look at CJ's comments after game 1 when asked about how Romanov played. Instead of saying he looked great and he is gaining confidence. He said everyone made mistakes and we all need to tighten up defensively.
Jan. 17, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
First answer is maybe maybe not it depends on how the season progresses for KK.

SSecond answer is not convinced it would because CJ's system and Tortz's system aren't that different. Both are defense first old school coaches. Both are hard on players who don't play well and neither is willing to encourage players. Look at CJ's comments after game 1 when asked about how Romanov played. Instead of saying he looked great and he is gaining confidence. He said everyone made mistakes and we all need to tighten up defensively.

Then you shouldn’t make the trade

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll